Got Bad Credit?? Need It Fixed??

most viewed right now
102 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '16        #551
Itsjustmefools 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 2398 2398
 Kinglew88 said
I repair credit.

If you have any questions DM Me!

Also have job opportunities available
What type of jobs? i been doing credit repair for years now

2 years ago '16        #552
lowry2123 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,950 | Props total: 2027 2027
working in collections

im also fixing my credit now

paid off a 4k captial one debt sh*t was in r9 also went the legal route of course they didn't sue cause iw asn't working or had a mortgage

also paying my final bad debt got 2k on that just doing monthly payments right now

2 years ago '05        #553
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$16,320 | Props total: 8014 8014
 lowry2123 said
working in collections

im also fixing my credit now

paid off a 4k captial one debt sh*t was in r9 also went the legal route of course they didn't sue cause iw asn't working or had a mortgage

also paying my final bad debt got 2k on that just doing monthly payments right now
Are you paying off collections? I was told to never pay a collection as it will not improve your score to pay it. My buddy was told by the bank he need to pay a collection before he got a car loan.

2 years ago '04        #554
Youngporter 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,014 | Props total: 630 630
Anyone has those collection letters. Iam trying to buy a house in February next year. Wanna use my Va loan

2 years ago '12        #555
HeightsBound 114 heat pts114
space
space
$12,724 | Props total: 9938 9938
 Quddus said
Are you paying off collections? I was told to never pay a collection as it will not improve your score to pay it. My buddy was told by the bank he need to pay a collection before he got a car loan.
Paying off my collections helped my credit score tremendously, and just like your buddy I wasn't able to purchase a car until it was paid off.

2 years ago '04        #556
Youngporter 1 heat pts
space
space
Any letters to delete the things past 7 years off your accounts. These negatives are k!lling my credit score

2 years ago '05        #557
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 HeightsBound said
Paying off my collections helped my credit score tremendously, and just like your buddy I wasn't able to purchase a car until it was paid off.
So you saying all these credit experts lying i heard it does nothing to help your score.

Multiple sources as well.

2 years ago '12        #558
HeightsBound 114 heat pts114
space
space
$12,724 | Props total: 9938 9938
 Quddus said
So you saying all these credit experts lying i heard it does nothing to help your score.

Multiple sources as well.
Why are you so confused with what I said? Are you unable to comprehend simple English? When did I mention credit experts, I shared personal testimony.

But, since you want to talk about Collections, it would fall off your report after 7 years even if you don't pay it, but you would still owe the debt. Also, by not paying what you owe, you leave yourself open to be sued by the that collections agency as well. If you pay it off, it varies, but you do have the opportunity to get it removed sooner than 7 years. Which is why I paid it off, I'm glad I did it that way instead of waiting the full 7 years out, still owing the debt and also running the possibility of being sued. In those 7 years, I got a job that requires a good credit history, having a clean slate in collections is required, purchased a home, and also purchased an auto mobile without getting r*ped in the interest rate, and as I mentioned in the post you quoted and didn't comprehend, I wouldn't of been able to by to begin with the collections on my record.

So when you are running around giving the "ignore it and it will fall off" advice, make sure to give the pros and cons, 7 years is a long time to have them interfering in your life every time you try to make moves. Also leads to something else, when you said it does not help your score by getting it off your report, how is that possible when it brings your score down once it gets reported. Essentially you are saying that it is impossible to recover those dropped points through fixing that relationship, which personally, I know it is not true. When I had collections on my report it hurt my score, once they were off my report my score went back up, so not sure why you are saying getting clllections taken off will not help your score go back up.

I do have a question for whoever can answer it, if you have an account in collections, and they sell it to another collections agency, does the "7 years" start over again from the date the new collections agency acquired the debt?

Last edited by HeightsBound; 03-23-2017 at 07:27 AM..

2 years ago '09        #559
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,486 | Props total: 3872 3872
 Quddus said
Are you paying off collections? I was told to never pay a collection as it will not improve your score to pay it. My buddy was told by the bank he needs to pay a collection before he got a car loan.
That is incorrect. If you pay to delete or for it to say "Paid in full" it will help your credit. I think you misunderstood, a lot of credit experts say don't pay off collections because in most cases, once you get it off your credit report, you don't have to pay it.

There are exceptions. For example. If it's a recently added account, or if they still contact you/have your info. Then the best route is, get it off your credit report, and pay it off. If it's been more than 2-3 years, in that case, it's probably best not to pay it.

I had 15k in debt when I was fixing my credit. Didn't pay any of it, but they were old accounts like 3, 4 or 5 years old. That was 3 years ago, my credit was 499, it took me about 6 months to get it to 720. Now a days I'm in the 750's/760's.

I'm currently in credit repair/business funding and will start advertising my services on here soon. Payment will range from 1k-3k. I'm currently fixing some members credit for free to use as testimonials.

HeightsBound said
I do have a question for whoever can answer it if you have an account in collections, and they sell it to another collections agency, does the "7 years" start over again from the date the new collections agency acquired the debt?
No, it does not. The only exception would be if you are dumb enough to make a payment/payment plan with the creditor after the 7 years. Even then, if they can't validate the debt, they cannot collect.

I've seen this scenario even with new accounts(1-2 years), a lot of creditors have no proof to validate the debt. Just based off that, they can't collect and can be removed from your credit report. This is what a lot of DIY credit repair people do; they send validation letters to the creditors. It has like a 40% success rate nowadays, but back in the day, it was much higher.

Last edited by Baynut; 03-23-2017 at 12:40 PM..

2 years ago '05        #560
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 HeightsBound said
Why are you so confused with what I said? Are you unable to comprehend simple English? When did I mention credit experts, I shared personal testimony.

But, since you want to talk about Collections, it would fall off your report after 7 years even if you don't pay it, but you would still owe the debt. Also, by not paying what you owe, you leave yourself open to be sued by the that collections agency as well. If you pay it off, it varies, but you do have the opportunity to get it removed sooner than 7 years. Which is why I paid it off, I'm glad I did it that way instead of waiting the full 7 years out, still owing the debt and also running the possibility of being sued. In those 7 years, I got a job that requires a good credit history, having a clean slate in collections is required, purchased a home, and also purchased an auto mobile without getting r*ped in the interest rate, and as I mentioned in the post you quoted and didn't comprehend, I wouldn't of been able to by to begin with the collections on my record.

So when you are running around giving the "ignore it and it will fall off" advice, make sure to give the pros and cons, 7 years is a long time to have them interfering in your life every time you try to make moves. Also leads to something else, when you said it does not help your score by getting it off your report, how is that possible when it brings your score down once it gets reported. Essentially you are saying that it is impossible to recover those dropped points through fixing that relationship, which personally, I know it is not true. When I had collections on my report it hurt my score, once they were off my report my score went back up, so not sure why you are saying getting clllections taken off will not help your score go back up.

I do have a question for whoever can answer it, if you have an account in collections, and they sell it to another collections agency, does the "7 years" start over again from the date the new collections agency acquired the debt?

Calm down I can comprehend very well. I was not personally attacking you. In fact your post would suggest that paying off a collection will help your credit.

I was told by multiple credit experts to never pay the collection. I have a credit score above 700 when I was rebuilding i was told to not pay off the collection.

So in fact if it does and can improve your credit score they would be wrong.

2 years ago '05        #561
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 Baynut said
That is incorrect. If you pay to delete or for it to say "Paid in full" it will help your credit. I think you misunderstood, a lot of credit experts say don't pay off collections because in most cases, once you get it off your credit report, you don't have to pay it.

There are exceptions. For example. If it's a recently added account, or if they still contact you/have your info. Then the best route is, get it off your credit report, and pay it off. If it's been more than 2-3 years, in that case, it's probably best not to pay it.

I had 15k in debt when I was fixing my credit. Didn't pay any of it, but they were old accounts like 3, 4 or 5 years old. That was 3 years ago, my credit was 499, it took me about 6 months to get it to 720. Now a days I'm in the 750's/760's.

I'm currently in credit repair/business funding and will start advertising my services on here soon. Payment will range from 1k-3k. I'm currently fixing some members credit for free to use as testimonials.

No, it does not. The only exception would be if you are dumb enough to make a payment/payment plan with the creditor after the 7 years. Even then, if they can't validate the debt, they cannot collect.

I've seen this scenario even with new accounts(1-2 years), a lot of creditors have no proof to validate the debt. Just based off that, they can't collect and can be removed from your credit report. This is what a lot of DIY credit repair people do; they send validation letters to the creditors. It has like a 40% success rate nowadays, but back in the day, it was much higher.

Good info thanks.

When i was fixing my credit a debt was removed. Well I get a letter in the mail from another agency saying they have the debt and I owe. I ignore them and told them to stop harassing me and it never showed back up.

2 years ago '09        #562
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
 Quddus said
Good info thanks.

When i was fixing my credit a debt was removed. Well I get a letter in the mail from another agency saying they have the debt and I owe. I ignore them and told them to stop harassing me and it never showed back up.
How old is the debt? Did they ever send written verification of the debt? If they didn't, they won't add it to your credit report. If you get something in the mail saying you owe so and so debt, then there is a chance they can re-add it.

If you do get that letter, ask for validation of the debt. If they don't send you anything within 30 days, legally they are fu*ked and you are clear.

2 years ago '05        #563
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 Baynut said
How old is the debt? Did they ever send written verification of the debt? If they didn't, they won't add it to your credit report. If you get something in the mail saying you owe so and so debt, then there is a chance they can re-add it.

If you do get that letter, ask for validation of the debt. If they don't send you anything within 30 days, legally they are fu*ked and you are clear.
That is what happen. They didn't send me anything. I told them over the phone to leave me alone I don't owe it. They were trying to get me to set up a payment plan.

2 years ago '09        #564
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
 Quddus said
That is what happen. They didn't send me anything. I told them over the phone to leave me alone I don't owe it. They were trying to get me to set up a payment plan.
You should be fine then.

2 years ago '04        #565
Youngporter 1 heat pts
space
space
How long does it take to remove negatives off your account? And will the removal of the negative and paid off account plus a secured card raise my credit score

2 years ago '05        #566
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 Youngporter said
How long does it take to remove negatives off your account? And will the removal of the negative and paid off account plus a secured card raise my credit score
You can remove a negative information in a month depending on what it is. I would say give yourself 60 days if you disputing something.

Getting a credit card and managing your credit utilization will raise your score the most.

2 years ago '04        #567
Youngporter 1 heat pts
space
space
 Quddus said
You can remove a negative information in a month depending on what it is. I would say give yourself 60 days if you disputing something.

Getting a credit card and managing your credit utilization will raise your score the most.
Okay thanks. I only need to raise my score about 100 points so I can buy this house

2 years ago '05        #568
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 Youngporter said
Okay thanks. I only need to raise my score about 100 points so I can buy this house
Different places may scare you different. Like Kredit Karma uses a different scoring system than the 3 majors.

So If I were you. You should pull your score from all 3 and see what you need to address if you have not already done so.

right now my score dropped to 653 because my credit utilization went up.

2 years ago '04        #569
Youngporter 1 heat pts
space
space
 Quddus said
Different places may scare you different. Like Kredit Karma uses a different scoring system than the 3 majors.

So If I were you. You should pull your score from all 3 and see what you need to address if you have not already done so.

right now my score dropped to 653 because my credit utilization went up.
I pulled mine from totalcreditcheck.com was more accurate than credit karma. So I should get a secure and use under ten percent. That what am going to do. I don't have any credit cards

2 years ago '04        #570
Shizz|M  OP
space
space
$7,404 | Props total: 294 294
Just Posted an update for this

Top 10 most propped recently  2 years ago '04        #571
Kliq 222 heat pts222
space
space
$9,035 | Props total: 30442 30442
guys i have a question

i have an open charge for like $97 - been there since 2015, still says openeed. Its a comcast bill i forgot to pay

should I just pay that sh*t? I talked to the creditor on the phone (it was transferred to a 3rd party collector) and they said they would mark it as "Closed - paid in full" but they refused to Pay to Delete.

should i just pay it and how much will it benefit me?

also, anyone know of any services where I can get some consulting on how to fix my credit score? my sh*t is beyond fu*ked up and i want to bring it back up

thanks

1 year ago '04        #572
sinistababy 
space
space
$3,779 | Props total: 139 139
I have a debt for a repo back in 2010. I live in TN. I disputed the negative saying that the account was closed, but after the 30 days, it still remains although it says the debt has been charged off and the account is closed. What should I be using as the dispute reason? It's also saying that it could possibly be removed by October of this year, but if the original date of the debt was in 2008, shouldn't it have been gone anyway?

1 year ago '07        #573
Monroe200 
space
space
space
$711 | Props total: 327 327
I got mad debt, I got like 1050 in credit card debt and about 8000 in installment loans. I am trying decide which one I should go harder on the loans or cc debt.

1 year ago '12        #574
Di Warlord 8 heat pts
space
space
$12,442 | Props total: 15245 15245
I paid off something that went to collections a little over 2 years ago.. and it still shows up on my credit report as paid off.. I don't want it there at all. How do I get it off? Tried using Lexington Law but that didn't work.. the letters I sent to the credit unions didn't work either

1 year ago '10        #575
suddath 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$139 | Props total: 197 197
 Di Warlord said
I paid off something that went to collections a little over 2 years ago.. and it still shows up on my credit report as paid off.. I don't want it there at all. How do I get it off? Tried using Lexington Law but that didn't work.. the letters I sent to the credit unions didn't work either

It does very little good to pay something off once it's in collections. The only time it's worth it to pay something off if it's with the original creditor. It will show Closed- Paid in Full, for 7 years from the date you paid it off.

Just have to wait..

Home      

most viewed right now
+19online now  37
Video inside Would You Do The Shyt He's Doing In A Mall In Your City? 'Smash or Pass'
95 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+128online now  37
Image(s) inside Southern Belle Christina
59 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  22
Video inside Wesley Pipes on Doing Scene With 76-Year-Old (Y'all knew about this sh-..
148 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-128online now  20
Video inside THIS IS SHOCKING SlNGER (ASHANTI) DARKEST SECRET EXPOSED
142 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+61online now  15
Police called on Brothers playing a videogame and a fight ensues when they arr..
57 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
+34online now  15
Image(s) inside Nola becky stripper build a broad 😂
51 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+63online now  14
Image(s) inside Slim Doo Doo Makers