Video inside Nicki Minaj reposted Kyyng's video on her IG
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Most Criminally Overlooked MCs in History
350 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Meek Mill new Artist Garci Brawls at Celeb Bball game, Gillie Da Kid Breaks up..
31 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Rick Ross dissing Birdman " ima make sure my team don't respect you, clean you..
142 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

7 years ago '04        #281
hardcopyhc 
space
space
$1,267 | Props total: 114 114
TIP: Never sign up for credit repair agencies. All they do is handle the s**t that most people are too lazy to do, stuff like writing letters, making calls to the collection agencies, making sure you account isn't sold to other companies, checking for recent inquiries, etc... Just look after your own credit and make your phone calls yourself. if they can't do anything overnight, then obviously they can't help you no more than you can help yourself.
 7 years ago '08        #282
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
space
$13,161 | Props total: 5 5
can someone reup the template letters???? please........
Youngporter gave props

02-11-2010, 10:52 AM         #283
HULK2184 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have a question, So if they accept settling for less like 1000 to 500 u need to paid that in full correct? Im looking into doing this, just wondering if anyone has any of those pre made letters the links dont work any longer thanks props
 7 years ago '06        #284
kat717 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,534 | Props total: 15 15
Here is another link:

7 years ago '04        #285
Shizz|M  OP
space
space
$7,313 | Props total: 139 139
 HULK2184 said:
I have a question, So if they accept settling for less like 1000 to 500 u need to paid that in full correct? Im looking into doing this, just wondering if anyone has any of those pre made letters the links dont work any longer thanks props
Mannn iVe been away too long...

You can use one of the letter. ( I think someone uploaded them again *if anyone still needs them let me know*)
This will allow you to give them a check on what you wnat to settle for but you have to state in the letter and print on the back of the check
:" by accepting this form of payment that you are clear of any other debt thus and therefore for account number ######## "

This will clear your name if they try to squeeze more out of you in the long run...

I heard of people cussing the collectors out saying they will never pay them and sending them a 100 check with this on there for a debt that like 5 times the amount and they will cash it.. .I guess some companies say something is better than nothing.
 7 years ago '04        #286
sideshow20 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,391 | Props total: 318 318
yea i followed this s**t awhile ago and it worked like a charm...now i just need to do some other stuff.
 04-19-2010, 03:16 AM         #287
Yelsgnik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shizz said:
Mannn iVe been away too long...

You can use one of the letter. ( I think someone uploaded them again *if anyone still needs them let me know*)
This will allow you to give them a check on what you wnat to settle for but you have to state in the letter and print on the back of the check
:" by accepting this form of payment that you are clear of any other debt thus and therefore for account number ######## "

This will clear your name if they try to squeeze more out of you in the long run...

I heard of people cussing the collectors out saying they will never pay them and sending them a 100 check with this on there for a debt that like 5 times the amount and they will cash it.. .I guess some companies say something is better than nothing.
did you ever get your credit worked out..I see you started working on it back in 2006..
 04-24-2010, 06:32 AM         #288
jutnice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
basically theres no sense in me trying to fix my credit/ pay the debt collectors until I make more dough correct? If im livin paycheck to paycheck now there aint no way.
 7 years ago '05        #289
Monolith 
space
space
$683 | Props total: 6 6
This is the situation I’m in now.
 6 years ago '04        #290
BlueGray 
space
space
space
$438 | Props total: 70 70
I've read a lot of good information on this thread.

I have some unpaid bills that have been sent to collection agencies (mostly hospital bills), I have an unpaid student load from 2004 that I'm not really sure on the exact status of it yet (because I'm going back to school and was given student loans without any complications), and I also have a fine for gettin in a car wreck two years ago without any insurance where i'm ordered to start making payments in order to get my license back.

Needless to say, I've been a complete f**k-up. But I'm finally starting to pull my head out of my a.ss. All of these bills altogether probably equal up to maybe a little bit more than $10,000, but that is a LOT of money for someone going to school full-time and working like 10 hours a week, minimum wage. I need some advice on maybe how to reduce or eliminate some of this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 6 years ago '04        #291
Official 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 0 0
FIXING your credit is simple

Rule 1) NEVER .. I SAY .. NEVER use a Credit Repair Agency..all they do is consolidate your debt and make SETTLEMENTS! THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT

Rule 2)Pay everything OFF IN ITS ENTIRETY... I dont give a f**k if the bill collector on the other line is telling you they can settle your account right now for $1000 less NO!..SAY NO! GOD DAMMIT!!!.

.PAY THE FULL BALANCE IN ITS ENTIRETY

Settlements dont reflect will on your credit report...It will show you owed $5,000 on a credit card but you settled and closed it out for $3,000 VS It showing you owed $5,000 on a credit card and its closed because it is PAID IN FULL

Rule 3)KEEP ALL ACCOUNTS OPENED After you have paid it OFF IN FULL! Keep it open, if they allow you to use it again in 6 MONTHS..USE IT! BUT THIS TIME BE SMART..Charge it..then pay that motherf**ker off..do this and repeat for all lines of credit you have and your score will increase significantly over time nothing happens overnight
 6 years ago '04        #292
BlueGray 
space
space
space
So what if what you owe isn't on credit cards? Just like medical bills and owing another guy's insurance company money?
 12-16-2010, 07:43 PM         #293
mictagleion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah is good
 6 years ago '10        #294
rek0nize 63 heat pts63
space
space
$9,198 | Props total: 714 714
 Offical said:
FIXING your credit is simple

Rule 2)Pay everything OFF IN ITS ENTIRETY... I dont give a f**k if the bill collector on the other line is telling you they can settle your account right now for $1000 less NO!..SAY NO! GOD DAMMIT!!!.

PAY THE FULL BALANCE IN ITS ENTIRETY

Settlements dont reflect will on your credit report...It will show you owed $5,000 on a credit card but you settled and closed it out for $3,000 VS It showing you owed $5,000 on a credit card and its closed because it is PAID IN FULL

Rules 2 is true, but NOT what you want to do in that situation, by any means.

Lets say you owe 3k to a Medical bill or credit card bill. You haven't paid anything on it for 3 years, the moment you pay it off or pay their settlement offer or even just a payment, you "refresh" the account. Now your 7 year fall off starts all over again. You're better off just letting your 7 year mark hit, if you're half way to the 7 years or its a big amount that you cant afford.

Do NOT pay big amounts, don't worry about them unless you're going to get sued on them.

Small bills, I would say pay them in full unless they are somewhat near the 7 year mark.

The older your old debt is, the less it weighs on your credit score, the moment you refresh it by paying it, then it will weigh more on your score once again and your 7 year fall of starts all over.

If you're out of your states Statue Of Limitations just let it hit the 7 year mark and report it as Obsolete to the 3 major Credit reporting agencies.

For instance California is 4 years on their statue of limitations. After the 4 year mark, you CANNOT be sued at any point thereafter for an unpaid debt. The day your 7 year fall off or 4 year SoL starts from the frist time that account was delinquent where you didn't pay from that point on.

Last edited by rek0nize; 12-19-2010 at 03:38 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #295
rek0nize 63 heat pts63
space
space
 BlueGray said:
I've read a lot of good information on this thread.

I have some unpaid bills that have been sent to collection agencies (mostly hospital bills), I have an unpaid student load from 2004 that I'm not really sure on the exact status of it yet (because I'm going back to school and was given student loans without any complications), and I also have a fine for gettin in a car wreck two years ago without any insurance where i'm ordered to start making payments in order to get my license back.

Needless to say, I've been a complete f**k-up. But I'm finally starting to pull my head out of my a.ss. All of these bills altogether probably equal up to maybe a little bit more than $10,000, but that is a LOT of money for someone going to school full-time and working like 10 hours a week, minimum wage. I need some advice on maybe how to reduce or eliminate some of this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is it a Federal Loan or a private loan?? If its a Federal Stafford loan, you have NO choice but to pay that back, they will get their money at any cost.

You can't get out of the fine no matter what either, if you want your license back if that is. Set up payments and start knocking it out.

You say the loan is from 2004, when did you first have to start paying it back though, 6 months from the first time you stopped attending school I would a.ssume?
 6 years ago '10        #296
rek0nize 63 heat pts63
space
space
You have to remember, just because you pay an old debt off in full, doesnt make that a complete positive. You refreshed the whole account, and you dont want it reporting anymore on your credit, because its actually a negative to your report.

It's going to show ALL those months that you didn't pay in the timeline and all those are delinquencies. It's going to show people who you might apply for credit with that you don't have great success in paying your bills.

You want it to fall off is the goal.
 6 years ago '04        #297
BlueGray 
space
space
space
So how would you get it to fall off?
 6 years ago '10        #298
rek0nize 63 heat pts63
space
space
at around the 7 year mark, just dispute 7 year old credit lines as Obsolete to the credit reporting agencies. They are suppose to fall off on their own, but sometimes you have to push the issue.

You can dispute online or by snail mail.

You can check your 3 credit reports here . It's the ONLY place on the internet where you can check your credit reports for FREE without paying or signing up for trials or any other little catch.

You can only view each one ONCE, once you close the page it wont let you view again till exactly 1 year from that time, so print them out if you can.

It will say on each credit line when it is expected to fall off your credit report and around that time just dispute it as obsolete to help give it a push versus waiting for them to finally do it. Which they will always almost do no more than a month after.
 6 years ago '10        #299
rek0nize 63 heat pts63
space
space
Remember if you make any payments or take a settlement or pay in full on negative credit lines, you will reset that 7 year mark from the day they post payment.
 6 years ago '10        #300
rek0nize 63 heat pts63
space
space
 NO RELIGION said:
That doesn't sound right. If you owe a creditor and fail to pay,they can pursue litigation.

Each state has its Statue of Limitations. For example, California is 4 years. Once you're passed your 4 year mark, you cannot be SUED on any circumstance for that credit line. Some states are 2 years and a couple are 6, but most are 4.

When I let all my bills go at once, I let 14 different credit lines go, because I lost my job and fell on hard times. I was never sued by any of them, just got calls(changed number eventually) and mail talking about they are gonna do this or that, which is standard. Then after year or 2 goes by then here comes the settlement offers and such.

I ended up being 49k in the hole between 14 bad debts. I laid low, never answered those calls or letters, and my all my stuff fell off my credit report, I got 2 secured credit cards about 4 years into that, so by the time my bad credit fell off, i had 2 good credit line reporting for over 3 years and i went from a 390 to 723 over those 7 years.

Rule of thumb. MOST creditors will not attempt to sue you unless its for some crazy sum that includes some sort of property that they could sell. Furniture, motorcycles, cars and such.

If you ever get served papers and you're being sued, just work out your payment plans with that ONE creditor. Most creditors just end up writing it of and charging it off as bad debt, which will show on your credit line on your credit report if you choose to ever look at it.

So yes, the day after your statue of limitations is up you're in the clear to not get sued and there is NO point in paying that debt, just let it ride out and fall off at the 7 year mark. If you do, you will only hurt yourself more than help.

Remember also, size of a debt don't matter against your credit score, whether its 100k debt or a 192.00 dollar old gas bill, it will affect your report the same.

Last edited by rek0nize; 12-20-2010 at 12:04 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Anybody got stories of getting a gun pulled on em or getting robbed?
411 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside VAL MERCADO: Dick Sucking Lips
32 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil bucked tooth shorty
120 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Android co-creator Andy Rubin posts image of his upcoming bezel-less ..
39 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's sister is this??SMH!!!!
40 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
This nigga Bryan theme is >>>>>>>>>>
43 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside site has cool vintage tees to wear under your denim jacket this spring
126 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron fake injury from Spurs blowout
198 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy