Got Bad Credit?? Need It Fixed??

most viewed right now
Article inside GS9 Member Santino "Cueno" Boderick sentenced to 117 1/2 years in pri..
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Alleged 3 team trade rumor involving Melo
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Rudy Gay's Season May Be Over
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Point Suitcase with the worst travel of all-time
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

8 years ago '04        #261
S|S 
space
space
$11,589 | Props total: 1 1
 youngvito18 said:
yo i read on the internet that you can raise your credit score by putting your name on other peoples account (of course the people you use have to be in good standing), all you do is ask them to put your name on a few of their credit accounts for a month and then they can take you off and it will have a positive affect on your credit history which will make your s=credit score jump upwards

true or false???????
being added as an authorized user used to be a trick credit repair agencies did to boost your credit rating. i haven't seen the latest FICO 09 guidelines, but i'm pretty sure it's been minimized as far as its positive effects on your actual credit rating.
 8 years ago '05        #262
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$12,833 | Props total: 1874 1874
 S said:
being added as an authorized user used to be a trick credit repair agencies did to boost your credit rating. i haven't seen the latest FICO 09 guidelines, but i'm pretty sure it's been minimized as far as its positive effects on your actual credit rating.
so your saying it did work in the past....and it still works but the effect MIGHT HAVE.....MIGHT HAVE been limited

so if i get my dad to add me as an authorized user on about 7 of his credit accounts and i get my girl to add me on 3 of her good accounts.....thats 10 positive accounts that show up.....so if i have a 670 score how high do you think it might knock me up.....maybe to a 730 or something in that range???
 8 years ago '04        #263
S|S 
space
space
it depends on the status of their accounts. as i said before, it might help, but it's on a case by case basis now.

[pic - click to view]

it's estimated that 30% of authorized user accounts are legitimate.
 8 years ago '04        #264
S|S 
space
space
 sunn4511 said:
no both of the accounts are in good standing. just trying to look for ways to knock the balance down and pay it off
you could try and find a new card that has a good deal on balance transfers with no APR for an extended amount of time. that would be the best way to save from interest while paying off the balances with no interest holding you back.
 8 years ago '04        #265
L.E.S|M 
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 2 2
Charge offs and high balances are negative hits on your credit score. If your debt goes to collections and you pay it off its not really gonna help your credit too much. Creditors want to see that you are paying on the account on time
 8 years ago '05        #266
nfms 
space
space
space
$38 | Props total: 0 0
Anyone Think they can help me?
--
--
i did a free credit report at experian and i have two potentially negative items...
--
1 is from time warner cable company...
What had happened with them was that i was moving out of a house, and
i had met up with a guy from time warner to leave my account with good status..
and he said he was going to put in the word to cut the service off, since i was moving.. but they didn't and i got charged for an extra month... its been so long that i lost my receipt for the guy and i dont know what i should do..
should i pay it off?
its not that much or should i dispute it..
--
--
the other potential negative item..
is from when i was at college....
i was in a dorm, and i guess they tried to charge me with leaving the apartment in a bad shape...
but what had happened was the key they gave me, didn't work so i was in a complete different room than what they had a.ssigned me, so i'm thinking it was one of my roommates rooms that was dirty...
---
should i dispute it or pay it off as quickly as possible?
--
 8 years ago '04        #267
S|S 
space
space
Disputing either item would probably be futile, since circumstances still wouldn't supersede the actual bills unpaid that caused the negative hits.

Find out if either debt is still owned by the original lender. If so, you can contact the lenders directly in order to request a PFD (Pay For Delete), where you can set up an agreement with the lender/s (in this case, Time Warner is one and the apartment company the other). You pay the debts, and in turn they would put in writing that they will remove the negative report on your credit report. Have that all in writing from the company before paying off the debt. This way, if they don't do it in a timely manner, you can send all the proper documents to the CRAs (credit reporting agencies) to have the negatives removed.
 8 years ago '05        #268
nfms 
space
space
space
Thanks man, i really appreciate it...
Okay another debt i have, was from the energy company i was with...
i recieved a statement from CBCS saying that i owed money...I wasn't sure if i should pay the money or not because it is not on my credit report, nor do i know if CBCS company is a scam.. Does CBCS buy the billing from the energy company?
or do you know how that works?
and why didnt it show up as a negative on my credit report?
thanks
 04-21-2009, 06:11 AM         #269
yungb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nfms said:
Thanks man, i really appreciate it...
Okay another debt i have, was from the energy company i was with...
i recieved a statement from CBCS saying that i owed money...I wasn't sure if i should pay the money or not because it is not on my credit report, nor do i know if CBCS company is a scam.. Does CBCS buy the billing from the energy company?
or do you know how that works?
and why didnt it show up as a negative on my credit report?
thanks
Well, things like that take a little bit of time to show up on your report sometimes. Depending on when this happened, it could take a couple of days or weeks to show up.

If I were you, I'd contact that electrical company first, to make sure you didn't have any late payments or delinquent accounts. Ask as many questions as you can here, and if they sold your debt to the collector, then I'd give them a call.

Google CBCS. I saw some things that you should be aware of. Also, be prepared to defend yourself, and don't let them get any of your information. If they are truly legit, they should already know everything.

Last edited by yungb; 04-21-2009 at 06:12 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #270
nfms 
space
space
space
thanks for all the input mayne..
 8 years ago '09        #271
DJSil3ntNGMG 
space
space
space
$6 | Props total: 0 0
Hey, so Im coming across this thread for the first time but the first post was in 2006 and most of the links for letters and stuff are dead. Heres my situation... 2-3 years ago I had a credit card... lost my job and had no money to pay for it... time has passed and I still hvent paid anything. Where do I start with getting my s**t together? I want to get my credit back on the right track. Can someone give me some advice
 8 years ago '04        #272
Hplaya20 
space
space
$664 | Props total: 6 6
i have been wanting to get my credit fixed but didnt know the right way to do it. i owe money to two cell phone companies and one small hospital bill on there also. what is the best way to get that removed ?
 8 years ago '08        #273
EddieDaDon 
space
space
$466 | Props total: 0 0
 DJSil3ntNGMG said:
Hey, so Im coming across this thread for the first time but the first post was in 2006 and most of the links for letters and stuff are dead. Heres my situation... 2-3 years ago I had a credit card... lost my job and had no money to pay for it... time has passed and I still hvent paid anything. Where do I start with getting my s**t together? I want to get my credit back on the right track. Can someone give me some advice
^^ I'm going thru the same thing...my mother thought it was a good idea to get me a credit card when i was about to graduate from high school...now i work and go to college full time...this collection agency keeps calling me, but i avoid the calls...all in all, i would be highly appreciative if anyone could help me with my situation
 8 years ago '05        #274
jdean23 
space
space
$709 | Props total: 0 0
check out this site for Credit Restoration and Repair:
 08-17-2009, 08:48 PM         #275
jutnice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shizz said:
**ALRIGHT...

With these letters you have to send them to the Credit agency..( experian, equcafax, and tran-uion).. THey will forward the letter to the creditor and then the creditor will respond to them..
any other links to those letters fam?
 10-22-2009, 11:40 AM         #276
Zinzy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shizz said:
OK the FirsT Rule i Learned is "Dispute EVERYTHING NEGEITIVE"
65% of the time the Creditors will not be able to keep up with your stuff and it will drop off in 30 days after they receive notice.. Law goverened

Here are some Pre-Written Letters

* I DIDN't Write these but you can use them as template just fill in the correct information and/or adjust it to fit your situtation

These links did not work for me any other suggestions?
 10-22-2009, 11:58 AM         #277
Zinzy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I started with Lexington Law and hey seem good... but they do try to talk you into paying more money for more services and like Shizz points out.... the whole point of this thread is to clean up your s**tty credit without paying any more fees or add'l costs on your own. If any one has anymore solid info on this subject... please feel free to tweet me @Zinzele on twitter.
 7 years ago '04        #278
akeem923 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,149 | Props total: 6 6
do you have to continue making payments on a credit card if the credit card company closed the program you were in? for example, I had 600 dollars left as a balance, but mytribute closed the program i was in. now i don't have any available credit, but the balance is still there. Am I obligated to pay the remainder? Thank you
 10-24-2009, 01:37 PM         #279
Ke8710 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ANTONIOG77 said:
definite props on doing this, im trying to fix mine myself. If anyone can help me with my particular problem. I paid a bill 3yrs ago and now some new bill collector is coming after me for the same bill I have already sent them a dispute letter and Im getting my bank transactions for that year to show the payoff. Is there anything else I can do?
you should send the new bill collector a copy of your bank statement (highlight the transaction) of the bill you paid. If you have a receipt from the previous collecter send a copy of that to. I would call them also and tell them that you are recieving phone calls from a new collector and they should be able to resolve it. In addition, I would check my check report (experian I think that's what it is) to see if that particular debt is shown the report paid if not I would call them often until it does (some credit companies don't remove debt for months or years at a time unless you call them asap).

Last edited by Ke8710; 10-24-2009 at 01:39 PM..
 11-13-2009, 01:08 AM         #280
qbm513 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can anyone post the letters again.?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside What you need to know about GIANT ANCIENT TREE STUMPS...you won't belie..
69 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Live on my FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!((((((((((((
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Margot Robbie transforms into figure skater Tonya Harding for biopic r..
35 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside The iPhone 8 is already causing problems for Apple’s competitors
66 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Barack Obama 4's
63 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Will Apparently Take Us To "Many New Worlds" In The MCU
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pick 1 to violate 😈😈😈🍆
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Can You Make It Through The First 3 Minutes Without Laughing???
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy