Got Bad Credit?? Need It Fixed??

most viewed right now
NBA Shaq & Chuck Back At It... Big Aristotle Threatening The Fade
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill - Wins & Losses (Album Anticipation/Discussion)
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 30 Is the New 50: "Old Age" is Killing My Dating Life
107 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Damn Kylie
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

10-29-2008, 08:09 PM         #241
yungb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yungb said:
I'm in basically the same boat as you. I got my first credit card in the fall of 2007. But my credit score right now is 684. I paid it off last month (about ~300 on it, 0 balance now) and expect my credit to go up 20-25 points at least.

The only thing holding it down now it my short history, and the not having more than one account, which I don't really care about.

Updated Myfico.com scores. :applause:

Just got another Chase card with a respectable credit limit. Remember guys, anyone can do it. I'm 19 since Sep. and only have had a Capital One card for one year, a Paypal credit account for a couple weeks, and my Chase card is coming in the mail. Balance on all three accounts? 0. Although not using them is hurting my score...I'll keep a balance around 7-9%.

EDIT-

The reason my Equifax is not in the 700's is because for some reason, my updated balance STILL didn't get posted.

EDIT- Now it is. Updated screen shot.

Last edited by yungb; 10-30-2008 at 04:24 PM..
 11-20-2008, 09:08 PM         #242
mastakillah21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I live in Canada, will any of this information help me out? Im hoping so, I know the US and Canada have similar laws and systems
 8 years ago '04        #243
Mafia 
space
space
space
$585 | Props total: 2 2
man the only way to get your credit really tight is just to start paying that sh*t off every 2 weeks and watch them rates come down by the 6th month.

if not, call whoever you pay every 6 months and let them know.
 12-08-2008, 10:05 AM         #244
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
could sumbody upload somemore credit letter templates bc the in hear is not wrking major props..
 8 years ago '05        #245
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,622 | Props total: 1479 1479
I GOT A QUESTION!

for a couple of months i had no money and couldnt really pay anything, But i recently got a job and am looking to fix my bad credit. However my credit report seems so confusing to me. So i need to some help figuring out what i should take care of first.

When an account is "closed" what does that mean?? i know i had something sold off to collection agency...so does that mean disregard the closed account and talk with the collection agency?

ALSO what makes it more confusing is it looks like theres something in collections that has the title of the a closed account in my negative information...what does that mean?

and what should i take care of first...closed accounts? collection accounts? open accounts? revolving accounts? What should i focus on.

my credits not that bad, i just have been missing a lot payments in leui of looking for work....at what point should i worry about a collection agency sueing me?
 12-12-2008, 02:32 PM         #246
yungb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gm0ney85 said:
I GOT A QUESTION!

for a couple of months i had no money and couldnt really pay anything, But i recently got a job and am looking to fix my bad credit. However my credit report seems so confusing to me. So i need to some help figuring out what i should take care of first.

When an account is "closed" what does that mean?? i know i had something sold off to collection agency...so does that mean disregard the closed account and talk with the collection agency?

ALSO what makes it more confusing is it looks like theres something in collections that has the title of the a closed account in my negative information...what does that mean?

and what should i take care of first...closed accounts? collection accounts? open accounts? revolving accounts? What should i focus on.

my credits not that bad, i just have been missing a lot payments in leui of looking for work....at what point should i worry about a collection agency sueing me?
If it's closed and paid off, then it will stay on your report for up to 7 years (in CA I believe). If it's not paid off, then they should be taken care of first. And yes, you won't be dealing with the original company that you had an account with; you'll deal with the collection agency.

Even more importantly, you must remember to balance everything. You want to pay off those collections ASAP, but you also want to continue paying off your revolving and other debts. Your utilization ratio (which, for a good score, should be around 10%) has less of a negative impact than your accounts in collections.

My recommendation is to make minimum payments to your debt, and try your best to get in contact with the agency, and arrange payments with them.

myfico.com

They'll be able to help you more than anyone here can (their forums > this one). I'd go ahead and also get that Score Watcher trial. It also comes a free report.
 8 years ago '07        #247
Bkjj11 3194 heat pts3194
space
space
$84,859 | Props total: 50668 50668
i have this issue with bank of america. I overdrafted a few times by accident and i lost my card. But this was a while back like 4 or 5 months ago. I then started receiving letters from DC's for like $115. So i called up the bank and they said my account was closed n sh*t and i have to come up to a bank. i used that experian thing to check my joint, and i wanna pay this sh*t off, but im at school, and that DC be sending mail to my crib in NY.

So the report is sayin i cant be reached lol or some sh*t, how do i go about payin this? I want to call a Debt Collector but idk who though cuz i have no numbers.

Im confused...

BTW there are any Bank of americas in montgomery, tuscaloosa or birmingham alabama. So im kinda stuck...

Help?
 01-07-2009, 01:16 PM         #248
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Will somebody please upload sum more credit letter templates please!!! The ones n here are no longer wrking!!! Major Props!!!!!!!!
 8 years ago '04        #249
thefranchise9 
space
space
space
$252 | Props total: 0 0
I came across this fix ur own credit type of book and it has alot of good info.

8 years ago '06        #250
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,249 | Props total: 585 585
Good looks on thisthread Im getting married in 2 years and want everything clear before hand
 8 years ago '06        #251
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,249 | Props total: 585 585
Ive got old stuff on my cr like 3 years old and ws considering paying the dc off in lump sums shoud I do a payment plan instead and will there be reciepts of these transactions available
 8 years ago '05        #252
kapiku21 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,682 | Props total: 41 41
ok so here's my serious problem i got a marshal's notice of execution it says an execution against personal property has been issued to me as the result of a judgment entered against you in the above-referenced matter. how the fu*k can i handle this sh*t ?
 8 years ago '08        #253
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,282 | Props total: 270 270
Damn, is this thread dead?! Need advice on repairing my credit..... BUMP this thread. Who is still alive!!!!??! Will be propped!!
 8 years ago '05        #254
trackmanxs 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,454 | Props total: 88 88
 mtbatol said:
Golden thread, one question though...

Everyone in actuality has really 3 different credit ratings due to the 3 different credit reporting agencies

When say trying to apply for credit with someone, whether car dealership or whatever... can you see just exactly which of the 3 agencies they will get at for credit check beforehand? For example if you know your credit report & score is substantially better with Equifax then say... TransUnion which may have substantially more negative information that may get you turned down if that was to be checked.
Lemme explain something to yall bout credit scorin..there is not one two or three scores since there are 3 credit reportin agencies (cpa's for short)..cpa's are 3rd party, they have nothing to do with you getting approved or denied credit...they only store the information creditors use to determin if you was approved or denied credit...when you goto a bank and they say u were denied credit and they got the information from transunion or equifax or experian they only got the raw data that those cpa's have in there system for you..the creditor has there own criteria to determin if you gon be denied or approved..thats why you see if you got to the local store and apply for a card and you get approved and then go for a mortgage and get denied they pullin the same info, its just that they got different criteria that would cause them to deny you credit..you can go to 5 different places and they can all pull ya equifax report, and you can have 5 diffent scores depending on how each company view ya file using their criteria..please beleeve me i know, cuz i work for one of the 3 bureaus, and trust i fu*kin know wats good..so all this advice n*ggas givin on here, yea some of its true..but take it from the source, if you need info..hit me up..cuz im not spillin know more knowledge on these threads..i might get in trouble...1
 02-01-2009, 01:21 AM         #255
BAYSICKCLOTHING 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Glad to see this thread alive...
 02-02-2009, 03:54 PM         #256
v_nwankwo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1800aaacredit.com awesome baby
 03-05-2009, 08:37 PM         #257
verbalassault 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im tellin u rii now...credit HARD as fuk 2 get check this sh*t out...I paid off my auto loan of 7200 n RITE after that I tryed gettin a credit car to fix sum sh*t on it NO GO at alllllll no1 will giv me a card they tell me its cuz of the times ...of coarse I was late a couple of months but they gon hold that sh*t agaisnt me for 5 years FUK EMMMM credit over rated
 8 years ago '04        #258
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 1 1
 verbalassault said:
Im tellin u rii now...credit HARD as fuk 2 get check this sh*t out...I paid off my auto loan of 7200 n RITE after that I tryed gettin a credit car to fix sum sh*t on it NO GO at alllllll no1 will giv me a card they tell me its cuz of the times ...of coarse I was late a couple of months but they gon hold that sh*t agaisnt me for 5 years FUK EMMMM credit over rated
it's actually 7 years. and you can't blame late's on anyone but yourself.
 8 years ago '04        #259
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 1 1
 sunn4511 said:
is it possible to call my creditcard company about reducing how much i owe on my creditcard. is this even possible? if they would knock a few hundred or thousand off the 4500.00 i owe them, i should be able to pay it off within 7-9 months. someone with any knowledge let me know.
are you in delinquency or collections? if it's an account in good standing, then they won't do a deal with you, unless they're one of the few lenders who recently started offering buyouts if the customer paid in one lump sum. some basic advice... stop charging stuff on the card, and double/triple your payments until you're down to 10% utilization.
 8 years ago '05        #260
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,173 | Props total: 2854 2854
yo i read on the internet that you can raise your credit score by putting your name on other peoples account (of course the people you use have to be in good standing), all you do is ask them to put your name on a few of their credit accounts for a month and then they can take you off and it will have a positive affect on your credit history which will make your s=credit score jump upwards

true or false???????
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might have to paper bag this redhead PAWG with AUTISTIC features
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The hourglass shape on this thot is kind of amazing...
58 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Creepy as fu-k.. this episode of different strokes was wrote by accused ped0ph..
169 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside 15 Lies Your School Told You
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Live 18' LeBron James Screenshot Leaked
16 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Salute this kid even though he took a L
21 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Rick Ross Drops By Wingstop To Collect His Money ''This Is How A Boss L..
140 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
she look like a psycho...dat is indeed crazy
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy