Got Bad Credit?? Need It Fixed??

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lipstick GOATson: Nicki Minaj Swore Off Pipe After Meek But Made An Ex..
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is this another awkward Hov pic?
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 38yr Old Filthy Thot Pays Teen $300 For Pipe, Gave Him Her Credit Card..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Lil Snupe's Mama Breaks Down His Murder In Details. Original Killer Not..
16 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Slaps
 05-27-2008, 05:15 PM         #221
Real Talk : 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props.
 06-01-2008, 07:10 AM         #222
LongHairBeauty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If any of yall can help me with my disputes for Equifax and Transunion I would appreciate it! I need someone who knows what their talking about and has disputed these things before. If you can PM me please!!!!
 9 years ago '06        #223
kat717 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,533 | Props total: 15 15
 LongHairBeauty said:
If any of yall can help me with my disputes for Equifax and Transunion I would appreciate it! I need someone who knows what their talking about and has disputed these things before. If you can PM me please!!!!
Link:

Last edited by kat717; 02-11-2010 at 09:45 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #224
phoenixstar 
space
space
$873 | Props total: 0 0
Urgent please help

Hi all I have a few questions I have a debt with sprint and allied interstate sent me a collection notice stating i had a certain amount of time before they would still consider settlling , i CALLED and tried to work out something with them its a bill for 998.00 which is absolutely ridiculous, but they stated they would settle for 600.00 i was like ok ,,,,, and they said they could make it two payments of 300.00 or so over two months , but anyway when i asked if they could send me anything from their office with the terms of our settlement they were like no they couldnt , but im trying to find out what to do bc i need documentation so this can be settled, i JUST dont want to be left hanging pLEASE Help,
 9 years ago '04        #225
Shizz|M  OP
space
space
$7,322 | Props total: 154 154
 phoenixstar said:
Urgent please help

Hi all I have a few questions I have a debt with sprint and allied interstate sent me a collection notice stating i had a certain amount of time before they would still consider settlling , i CALLED and tried to work out something with them its a bill for 998.00 which is absolutely ridiculous, but they stated they would settle for 600.00 i was like ok ,,,,, and they said they could make it two payments of 300.00 or so over two months , but anyway when i asked if they could send me anything from their office with the terms of our settlement they were like no they couldnt , but im trying to find out what to do bc i need documentation so this can be settled, i JUST dont want to be left hanging pLEASE Help,

I got you... dont do anythign untill you get something in writng...
what you will end up doing is paying them and them not taking anything off and telling you that you still owe them.

You can handle this one of two ways.. i would suggest that you do it this way first... send in a letter to teh CB's to verify all your information pertaining to that account. in which they have 30 days to respond and after 45 days has past they have to remove it for the account and cna no longer try to collect from you. aslo if they do reponse to you but any of the information is incorrect or inaccutrate you can dispute it as "not yours" and get it removed (most of the time).

some places dont update all there information after 3 years they usually earse it or its stored somewhere they cant get acceess too in time..

the other way is sending in a settlement letter stating that you are willing ot pay this much in this many paymetns and after the last payment on THus day the debt is to be settle( statisfied) and should receive written statement that is stating the you paid up and in full and the account is to be removed from your credit report.
 9 years ago '06        #226
phoenixstar 
space
space
$873 | Props total: 0 0
not to sound dumb but i would send in a settlment letter to the cb's to foreward to the credit agencies bc this is the funny thing i looked on my credit report and there is a name of ic collections not the allied interstate who have it on my credit report and when i tried to do an online dispute it wouldlnt post because they never contacted me (the ic collections ) and they dont have a payment history on it ,or anything on the transunion so how do i get them to remove it for now just send the letters to the cbs?
 07-03-2008, 12:31 PM         #227
yunggucci 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shizz said:
Here's a general plan to get you started and comfortable.

I'm a.ssuming you've already pulled each of your 3 credit reports and have them available.

1) Opt-Out. 1-888-5OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688).
This keeps the CRA's (Credit Reporting Agencies) from selling marketing lists which include your information. Helps keep the Popup-collections to a minimum.

2) Prepare a letter to each of the 3 CRA's, TransUnion, Experian, Equifax asking them to delete all addresses/names other than your current one.
(Incorrect, never lived there, etc)
This takes away one method of verification when you dispute, if that negative is tied to that old address or name.

3) Prepare a listing of all negatives on each report, and gather details as best you can. Date it first went delinquent, date of last activity, etc. You will need these dates to figure the reporting period and if appropriate, when the legal SOL expires.

4) At this point, you might consider a "blanket" dispute of your negatives with the CRA's. many people have luck with their initial dispute, the easy stuff gets deleted leaving fewer negatives to deal with later.
Results in 30 days, lol.

>>>>>
This is a good time to do some reading.
Up to this point, the stuff you've done is pretty straightforward. From now on, a good understanding of the laws involved will serve you well.
Read the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) and the FACTA (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Amendment) update.
Read the FDCPA.(Fair Debt Collection Practices Act)
Read your state laws regarding collections- in the "Consumer Protection" forum.
If you have questions regarding the meaning of something, search then ask here.
In order to use the laws, you have to understand them...

Once you have those down, smile! You know more than 99.9% of the collectors and CRA's out there- which will work to your advantage.
>>>>>

5) Now you'll have to start making decisions.
For each negative left, you should consider:

a) Legal SOL.
Can they still sue you? If so, are you prepared to deal with that? Settle? Defend? Countersue?

B) Who is reporting.
If it's a CA,(Collection Agency) you may consider a DV letter, or the 1-2 punch.
If it's OC,(Original Creditor) you have goodwill letters or verification letters at your disposal.

c) age of the negative.
If its nearing the end of the 7-year reporting period, sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all, other than dispute it with the CRA's as "Obsolete".

As your report clears up, you'll want to start adding positives to your report.

-Initially, being added as an Authorized User is a good way to jump-start a thin report.

-And/Or a secured credit card.
Go with one of the Prime banks, National City, Chase, BankofAmerica, etc.
The nice thing about a secured card is- you keep your money!
Avoid the offers of $300 credit for a $250 fee.
You could put the same $$ into a secured card- and keep it. Why throw cash away? lol....
These subprime card issuers can be (not all of them but some) loaded with "gotchas" which will defeat the purpose. You will outgrow them soon enough anyway.
Particularly avoid Cross Country bank and Aspire. Bad news. Run.

One day soon, you will find yourself in a position to pick your cards and loans...you'll find approvals rolling in..
This can be a danger point for many people.
Avoid the temptation to run up balances on the cards!
It's easy to do, the newfound freedom of having credit available seems to make purchases much easier, lol. Ask me! :)
You've worked hard at this point to repair and improve your credit.
Don't undo your hard work by carrying high utilization, or worse- ending up in a situation where you cannot easily repay the cards.
Not saying you personally will do anything of the sort. Just a forewarning that that day is coming...and it's an easy pitfall to succumb to.

That's pretty much the overview of what to do.
The Devil is in the details of course, so- Once you get things rolling and you come to a crossroads where you're not certain what to do- Ask!
We love to help with letters, etc. Just post what you have, other will certainly jump in with suggestions.
as an employee at one of the three major cra's..I always find it funny when a credit clinic who thinks they know gives advice..im sayin u did give the basics that will help sum of these peeple out..but there are a lot of things that u need to know..but do your thing..because your advice is good for these peeple, in a way
 07-03-2008, 12:44 PM         #228
yunggucci 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jus puttin my two sense in about sendin letters to credit reportin agencies in regards to providind proof from the creditor of da alleged debt..its gon be a waste of time paper breath..however your requestin it..cuz cra are not provided with proof..they only hold info that is provided to them by the creditor..if u don't believe me waste ya time and ask and im pretty sure u will b receivin a general lettr from them that states what I jus said....good luck
 07-08-2008, 05:58 PM         #229
Natiboy00 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thx for the info!!
 9 years ago '06        #230
kat717 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,533 | Props total: 15 15
New link for credit letters if anyone needs them

Last edited by kat717; 02-11-2010 at 09:46 PM..
 10-02-2008, 01:52 AM         #231
BAYSICKCLOTHING 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^good sh*t thanks
 10-03-2008, 02:24 PM         #232
Stickman74 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
YEAAHHH!!! Good lookin out. I knew those credit repair companies were on some snake business.
 10-03-2008, 03:57 PM         #233
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt read through the whole thread but im not in debt anymore but had a couple credit cards years ago and was very late on payments but eventually got them paid off, how would i go about building my credit back up?

im a.ssuming because of that history i cant get any credit card now
 10-04-2008, 09:04 AM         #234
yungb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How long ago was it?

> *

I think they still have their 30 day trial. Do that, and see how it affects you.
 9 years ago '06        #235
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,968 | Props total: 145 145
I was going to type this huge a.ss story out about how I got my credit score higher but I'll give the cliff notes version instead.
Maybe this can help somebody.

- Summer of 2007 open my 1st checking account & debit card.
I get a check card instead because I have ZERO credit, the bank also turns down my application for a credit card.

- After a few months my check card gets traded in for a debit card because the bank sees that I'm being responsible with my checking account.

- I have a credit score of 550 and can't get a respectable credit card, so I apply for one of those high interest accept everybody credit cards.

- I get a limit of only $70 that goes up every month if I pay it in full.

- For the next year I pay off my entire credit card each month, only once I couldn't make the entire payment and still paid the minimum.

- Now my credit score is 707 (My lowest of the three scores is 702), my credit limit is through the roof & I'm getting all kinds of ridiculous credit offers now.

Edit to add: I did have one $51 debt I didn't know about from 2003 that I also paid off which helped tremendously.

Last edited by bassy; 10-04-2008 at 10:03 PM..
 10-04-2008, 11:40 PM         #236
yungb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bassy said:
I was going to type this huge a.ss story out about how I got my credit score higher but I'll give the cliff notes version instead.
Maybe this can help somebody.

- Summer of 2007 open my 1st checking account & debit card.
I get a check card instead because I have ZERO credit, the bank also turns down my application for a credit card.

- After a few months my check card gets traded in for a debit card because the bank sees that I'm being responsible with my checking account.

- I have a credit score of 550 and can't get a respectable credit card, so I apply for one of those high interest accept everybody credit cards.

- I get a limit of only $70 that goes up every month if I pay it in full.

- For the next year I pay off my entire credit card each month, only once I couldn't make the entire payment and still paid the minimum.

- Now my credit score is 707 (My lowest of the three scores is 702), my credit limit is through the roof & I'm getting all kinds of ridiculous credit offers now.

Edit to add: I did have one $51 debt I didn't know about from 2003 that I also paid off which helped tremendously.
I'm in basically the same boat as you. I got my first credit card in the fall of 2007. But my credit score right now is 684. I paid it off last month (about ~300 on it, 0 balance now) and expect my credit to go up 20-25 points at least.

The only thing holding it down now it my short history, and the not having more than one account, which I don't really care about.
 9 years ago '06        #237
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,968 | Props total: 145 145
^

Yea the short history has been the one thing they keep saying is a negative.
I guess you just have to be patient and wait that 3 years. lol
 9 years ago '05        #238
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,188 | Props total: 2883 2883
i need help, my girl has really really bad credit, and im gonna marry her, but once we get married i dont want her credit to mess with mines

is their anyway i can write a letter to her creditors saying she got in an bad accident and was in a comma and she couldnt pay her bills lol

or something
 9 years ago '04        #239
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 1 1
 youngvito18 said:
i need help, my girl has really really bad credit, and im gonna marry her, but once we get married i dont want her credit to mess with mines

is their anyway i can write a letter to her creditors saying she got in an bad accident and was in a comma and she couldnt pay her bills lol

or something
false.

you should work on starting to fix her credit before getting hitched.
 10-29-2008, 08:06 PM         #240
sprint 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you need to check your credit you can check your Experian score for free at
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne Tha God & Joe Budden Speak On Why VladTV Is A Rat
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
May 26 - Americans who need jobs arenít going where the jobs are
38 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside The ass is fake, but my boner is real
30 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wtf going on Keke Palmer ?
146 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Michael Bay's Beavis and Butthead
38 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Footage From The 1996 Compton Raid, Suge Knight's House & Weapons Seize..
53 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Meet the REAL Wack100
35 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
ROLLS ROYCE SWEPTAIL for $13M. Who's copping??
63 comments
1 day ago
@rides
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy