Jun 7 - Stop Fakin,' Stop Biting: Tru Life Speaks on the Original Wankstas of New York

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '05        #1
5650 pageviews
51 comments

freeg4 
space
space
space
$641 | Props total: 65 65
Jun 7 - Stop Fakin,' Stop Biting: Tru Life Speaks on the Original Wankstas of New York

Deep down in the streets of Money Makin' Manhattan lies an enormous section of projects, drugs, and street life; known to most in NYC as the Lower East Side. In L.E.S there dwells many a lyricist, but none more determined and rebellious towards his fellow New Yorkers than the up-and-comer rapper Tru Life. His movement is based on the resurrection of New York hip-hop, and one of the things emphasized in his message is that NY cats replicating the West Coast lifestyle is corny; no matter how gangsta the Capital of America has always been, New Yorkers were never Bloods and Crips -- never.

In a recent interview on extravagangstaradio.blogspot.com, Tru Life lashed out at not the west coast (he actually credits Snoop Dogg for helping to launch his career), but at the cornballs right here in NYC for idolizing and imitating the gang-affiliated activity birthed from both the colors blue and red.

"n*ggas is trying to be in gangs calling themselves Bloods now, and Crips and all that. We don't rock like that man, this is New York City. We aint never gang banged in our life. n*ggas in L.A, their grandmothers is Crips, their grandfathers is Bloods... that's the way of life out there...that ain't our way of life, so I can't respect that sh*t over here. A n*gga telling me like...[I said to him] you 28, 29 years old and you calling yourself a Blood? You aint grow up like that!"

The multiplicity of gangs in New York City have been on the rise in the past few years, partially crafted by the popularity of both The Game and Snoop, who sashay patriotically in their gang-banging swagger -- swagger that has these cornball gang imitators running recklessly through the streets of New York.

Some advice to these New York rappers and street thugs guilty of this asinine crime: a lot of these rappers get rich and die tryin' to live up to their fabricated war stories, and "Boyz N the Hood" and "Menace II Society" are only movies. Realistically, that ish doesn't rock here in NYC.

[pic - click to view]

http://blogs.sohh.com/nyc .. tru_lif_1.html

51 comments for "Jun 7 - Stop Fakin,' Stop Biting: Tru Life Speaks on the Original Wankstas of New York"

12 years ago '05        #2
freeg4  OP
space
space
space
$641 | Props total: 65 65
I'm from Louisiana so I be wanting to know how it is other places and I ain't talking bout listening to no rappers but I'm talking the real street life in other cities cause most of the rappers are fake and ain't even from the streets but anyway I was watching Hood 2 Hood DVD when they were in Harlem and I swear that sh*t tripped me out when I seen that them n*ggas have Bloods and Crips in NYC.
 12 years ago '04        #3
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,250 | Props total: 1396 1396
That's how it is everywhere in the United States. That whole westcoast gang bangin' sh*t just fu*kin' exploded and reached out to everywhere. Other than L.A., the only other really original gang infested city was Chicago. Now we got little motherfu*kers down here claiming to be B's & C's. This ain't L.A., that sh*t is corny anywhere else. Down here in Florida, people got they own little cliques and sh*t, but the gang bangin' sh*t isn't that heavy (thank god.) We still got hoods, but we got G's instead of B's & C's.
 06-07-2006, 07:47 PM         #4
Tha Juggernaut6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
new york always had gangs but i think what tru-life is saying is that n*ggas is acting like they came up like that. it was never n*ggas banging over colors and sets and sh*t like that. every hood in new york had there own gangs like im from south side queens and n*ggas in Lost Boyz(No it Not Just A Rap Group). the whole blood and crip sh*t does make us look bad but who's going tell these lil n*ggas that they ain't really bloods and crips outside of tru-life
 12 years ago '05        #5
younghova032003 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,610 | Props total: 36 36
In Jersey the sh*t just really popped off hard. It just started about 3years ago and when i say they go hard wit it they go HARD. Good 60% of people 16-30 bloods. 90% of the jails ALL bloods. Its stupid here cuz everybody wanna be bloods thats each block got they own name and they beef wit each other so it just turned on b's vs. b's just cuz callin yoself a blood is thing to do.When i say its crazy n*ggas gettin shot like crazy. If u can get yo hands on a trenton paper or they news u will see this sh*t is serious.
 06-07-2006, 07:52 PM         #6
nastynaj20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I could care less... I'm from Philly
 12 years ago '04        #7
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
man that sh*ts been goin on since as far as i can remember in minneapolis!

c's b's
d's and v's
mickeys, stones
our streets been had everything!

so it irks me when people say it was just a LA thing.
it was in chi at the exact same time as it was in la [or even before]

did your city have the mob all thru it?
sh*t
lets be real and get down to the facts.

ny had gangs just not the bloods and crips.
fu*k you think warriors was about?
n*ggas is just really bitin styles hard,cuz of the rap music ....
 12 years ago '04        #8
Phesus 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,198 | Props total: 2 2
I can't believe grown as men are still running around here talking about Gangs & sh*t, sound like little a.ss kids
 06-07-2006, 08:01 PM         #9
dolla101 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what happened to the latin kings & vice lords in nyc??
 12 years ago '04        #10
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
good read tru lyfe always speakin dat real sh*t
 12 years ago '04        #11
xRipAnT24x 
space
space
$5,409 | Props total: 521 521
YEA I AGREE WIT THE n*gga TALKIN BOUT JERSEY

JERSEY IS LIKE BLOOD MAJORITY... sh*tS CRAZY
 12 years ago '05        #12
ONESUN187 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,308 | Props total: 593 593
fu*k ANY n*gga THAT ISNT AN ORINGINAL BLOOD OR CRIP!!!HERE IN NYC IT USED TO BE DECEPTICONS,ZULU NATION,LA FAMILIA,NETA,LATIN KINGS AND THE BLACK MOB HAD BEEN OUT HERE SINCE THE 70`S SO FUK A NEW YORK BLOOD OR CRIP!!
 12 years ago '05        #13
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
in ny they had zulu nations savage skulls vicelords and godbody then they had nietas latin kings and other spanish gangs..ayo my family have god body n half nieta so n*gga wepa!-noreaga estoy loca
 12 years ago '05        #14
Jorge Da 6'2" 2 heat pts
space
space
$853 | Props total: 118 118
Down Here In The 3-0-5 We Got Outlawz, IN/P, Latin Kings, T-N-S, SouthBound, and Latin S.Y.N.D.I.C.A.T.E. Theres "Bloods" & "Crips" in My School But In The Streets Its The Rest Of The Gangs I Mentioned.
 12 years ago '05        #15
LuDerCriS 
space
space
$832 | Props total: 0 0
gangs is weak now.......whoever u aint make money with is pretty much a nobody to u.....nigg@s will get banged on regardless of what they claim even if its what u rep......gangs been in ny for years.......but ova here sh*t is not teritorial.....nobody likes to be the same.....at the end of the day if u aint helpin me get this paper then u could get it too.... its mostly the lil nigg@s running with it anyway.....i think tru life just tryin to go at dipset once again lol
 06-07-2006, 10:49 PM         #16
the rock 3.0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 06-07-2006, 11:03 PM         #17
Gz Up 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tru Life is dat dude watch out for him and Sai Giddy
 06-07-2006, 11:35 PM         #18
RuffDesigns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NYC n*ggas need stop actin like crips/bloodz and get they sh*t together, sh*ts anoyin, All over the place n*ggas actin like they bloodz and sh*t, Keep it NY, fu*k all that gangbangin sh*t, Dont help nuthin
 06-07-2006, 11:38 PM         #19
RuffDesigns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BTW Gangbangin is for lil kids, Grow the fu*k up

Last edited by RuffDesigns; 06-07-2006 at 11:39 PM..
 06-07-2006, 11:47 PM         #20
JOEKILLA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xRipAnT24x said:
YEA I AGREE WIT THE n*gga TALKIN BOUT JERSEY

JERSEY IS LIKE BLOOD MAJORITY... sh*tS CRAZY
yup, they got a HIT on Corey Booker
Home      

most viewed right now