May 26 - Killa Season first week sales (aka for the haters)

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
48 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
56 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-26-2006, 10:29 PM         #61
johnnyblaze924  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its not about second week sales when your established artist...its about keeping those numbers nice for when you negotiatie new deals....thats the real hustle...cam out here pimpin these labels for one album deals and getting his cash .....unless your new and do more than 2 million nowadays you cant really be considered a superstar.....i think its a good look for underground hip-hop....basically peopel who dont conform to commerical standards...even people that dont respect cam lyrics can respect that
 12 years ago '06        #62
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
$8 an album is possible and I'll tell you why:

Most artists are signed to record labels and give up their rights to ever perform independently and keep all of the revenue. If Mariah Carey wanted to sing at some kids birthday for $100, the record company would keep a portion of that because they have the power to extend the contract indefinitely.
Cam'ron has a very different situation and he can thank Un, the n*gga whom Jigga stabbed, for that. Right after he dropped his first album on Un's label. The label folded, he was a free agent.
His second album was on Sony and he was under the wing of violator management. He also managed to leave the label without relinquishing his rights to 100% of his revenues indefinitely (key word being indefinitely). Once again Cam was a free agent.
Third album, platinum. The Rocafella marketing effort secured the deal.
The fourth album, Rocafella refused to market it. Still went gold cus Cam a reall n*gga. The Roc crumbled. Once again, retaining all his rights Cam left. He left the entire Universal fold and went to Warner. Cam was a free agent.
Fifth album, 100,000 first week. More promotion could help it go platinum but that is besides the point. THE MAIN POINT IS THIS:

your average artist must sell 500K minimum because the record company is finacing the entire release. In the case of Cam, he is financing a larger share and is outsourcing services, namely production. Cam can do the marketing alone and has managed to do so without spending a fortune like most artists.

Hospital costs from getting shot: $15,000
Cost to make k!lla Season the movie: $10,000
Cost to make dozens of mixtapes: $10,000

1st week revenues [radically conservative estimate] (2.99 * 114 = $340,000)

Mobb Deep spent a fortune trying to get on.

Cam'ron spent nothing and is caking off.
 12 years ago '06        #63
DreDay17 
space
space
$1,401 | Props total: 122 122
good album for what its worth, if it reaches gold between 2-3 months then its served its purpose.
 12 years ago '04        #64
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
114,000 is not that good,next week its gon be like 51,000 week after that 30,00 and so on
 05-27-2006, 01:38 AM         #65
Peformance  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From my View of the tracks on k!lla season..they don't seem all hyped up to be....But Im Glad to see that cam doing his Thing with The Record sales..
 05-27-2006, 01:43 AM         #66
Skeetx3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Iceman01 said:
dissing Jay-Z, Promoting the movie and album, mixtapes pushing his singles, along with the radio, c'mon not hating on the album but don't act like it dropped out the blue and did these number, there was a marketing gimmik behid this, believe, funny how people think people do good numbers with no promotion. Cam just got a good Marketing team. Funny that it is compared to his first Roc-a-Fella album.

right^
 12 years ago '04        #67
pistolp 
space
space
$890 | Props total: 0 0
 illathruz said:
$8 an album is possible and I'll tell you why:

Most artists are signed to record labels and give up their rights to ever perform independently and keep all of the revenue. If Mariah Carey wanted to sing at some kids birthday for $100, the record company would keep a portion of that because they have the power to extend the contract indefinitely.
Cam'ron has a very different situation and he can thank Un, the n*gga whom Jigga stabbed, for that. Right after he dropped his first album on Un's label. The label folded, he was a free agent.
His second album was on Sony and he was under the wing of violator management. He also managed to leave the label without relinquishing his rights to 100% of his revenues indefinitely (key word being indefinitely). Once again Cam was a free agent.
Third album, platinum. The Rocafella marketing effort secured the deal.
The fourth album, Rocafella refused to market it. Still went gold cus Cam a reall n*gga. The Roc crumbled. Once again, retaining all his rights Cam left. He left the entire Universal fold and went to Warner. Cam was a free agent.
Fifth album, 100,000 first week. More promotion could help it go platinum but that is besides the point. THE MAIN POINT IS THIS:

your average artist must sell 500K minimum because the record company is finacing the entire release. In the case of Cam, he is financing a larger share and is outsourcing services, namely production. Cam can do the marketing alone and has managed to do so without spending a fortune like most artists.

Hospital costs from getting shot: $15,000
Cost to make k!lla Season the movie: $10,000
Cost to make dozens of mixtapes: $10,000

1st week revenues [radically conservative estimate] (2.99 * 114 = $340,000)

Mobb Deep spent a fortune trying to get on.

Cam'ron spent nothing and is caking off.

the only post that matters
 12 years ago '05        #68
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1873 1873
 Kaotic said:
prettty much cam jus made more money in a day than any of u broke bi*ches in your lifetimes

i know it hurts haters.. but that's da motha fu*ken truth
 05-27-2006, 10:33 AM         #69
Skeetx3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
100,000 isn't that great.........

Should have stayed on the ROC

this cd was horrible

its was pretty bad.
 05-27-2006, 11:05 AM         #70
koofyslappa11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mattdogg444 said:
everyone hated on mobb deep didnt they sell the exact same thing?
yea............but mobb deep got g-unit promotion all over it..................cam is independent.
 05-27-2006, 11:07 AM         #71
koofyslappa11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 That Dude said:
fu*k his album sales the ngga cam and dipset are conry as fu*k.... I know one of you dipset d*ck riders/stan/groupies are gon take offense but I don't give a fu*k......Do y'all really listen to hip hop music? if you did you would understand dipset ain't sayin much.... Oh yeah I saw that lil n*gga JR writer at the mall the other day, if he didn't have so much securtiy around him I woulda run up on him take his jewels and cash. fat a.ss, short hubby n*gga can't do sh*t
lol.................u that hard to run up on someone in tha mall n jack em........... get tha fu*k outta here...............clown a.ss n*gga
 05-27-2006, 11:10 AM         #72
ItsYaboyJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another one of these threads all they do is attract haters
 12 years ago '04        #73
bonecollector 
space
space
space
$765 | Props total: 0 0
jay will eat this niga tho......i hope hell rell or 40 does good tho
 05-27-2006, 11:34 AM         #74
modulatum  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YoungForcers said:
DIPSET bi*ch!!!!!!!! jus wait to hell rell and Jr Writer come out
who the fu*k is Hell Rell and Jr Writer? Cam's weed carriers?
 12 years ago '04        #75
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,903 | Props total: 833 833
 Maroon_Tiger said:
everybody's 2nd week has a decrease by at least 25%... and since cam has no real hit songs out.. he'll be pushing like 70-80k by next week
You sure about that....take a look at this: #2/CAM'RON/KILLA SEASON/113,608/999/1,274/114,890

Thats a 85% decrease. Guess everybody who was gonna get it bought it the first week
 05-27-2006, 01:21 PM         #76
modulatum  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tha754kid said:
You sure about that....take a look at this: #2/CAM'RON/KILLA SEASON/113,608/999/1,274/114,890

Thats a 85% decrease. Guess everybody who was gonna get it bought it the first week
Is that verified? I have trouble believing that even a hyped up piece of sh*t like Cam can drop that much

Also:
#14/RIHANNA/GIRL LIKE ME/42,733/-11/48,261/266,774
#23/JAGGED EDGE/JAGGED EDGE/35,136/-69/114,914/150,590
#44/MOBB DEEP/BLOOD MONEY/21,814/-43/38,572/166,767

Cam's behind Rihanna, JE, AND Mobb Deep. Dude is done.

Last edited by modulatum; 05-27-2006 at 01:35 PM..
 05-27-2006, 01:58 PM         #77
Deacon51e  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cam album was hot. The game is so messe up right now. You have a real artist like cam who dont sell dat much. My n*ggas like D4L and Ying Yang Twins selling records. Dats B.S. Hip hop is dead
 05-27-2006, 02:52 PM         #78
Moleydon96  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JR Writer is that n*gga/
So holla when ya stacks Bigga/

One
 05-27-2006, 03:00 PM         #79
New_Era_Nicca  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think w/ another single he could reach gold
 05-27-2006, 03:03 PM         #80
JohnDillinger  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigtrevdogg said:
if you people think he gets $8.00 for each cd you are hallucinating. mariah carey, prince, janet jackson, micheal jackson, U2 don't even get that and they have record sells out the roof. you people need to stop taking whatever these rappers say and running with it. there is no record company in the world who is gonna give a mediocre artist as camron 8.00 a cd............lets get real

they also on big labels and get 100X more promotion and marketing wich has to be recouped so dont just throw out names witout knowin the situation

and mobb sold less than cam and they on aftermath had dre beats 50 cent on 6 songs and alot more promotion than cam did

plus videos on mtv trl

and bet

anology for you cats

mobb deep = big label i.e if you own a clothing brand and you sell it at a department store the department store get it's cut and you take home whatevers left at the end of the day

cam= independant if he sellin his sh*t out the trunk of his car he still gotta pay people but he take home alot more of the profit all he gotta pay for is beats wich he mostly uses upstart beatmakers who dont charge as much as say dr. dre or just blaze and then to make and distribute wich is about 2-3 dollars a cd if he sell his cd at 14.99 at the end of the day he taking home
7-8 dollars a cd

mobb deep had the machine interscope behind em and did less numbers than cam they had 50 cent on alot of they tracks and did less numbers than cam they had dr. dre beats and did less numbers than cam

Last edited by JohnDillinger; 05-27-2006 at 03:09 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now