squad up!

May 26 - Killa Season first week sales (aka for the haters)

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '05        #51
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,639 | Props total: 5776 5776
114 X 7 = $798,000
Try 3 Dollars To The Cd....

12 years ago '06        #52
kat717 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,539 | Props total: 31 31
Cam dropped one thing and picked up another. He dropped is skills on the mic and picked up a hustla marketing brain. So no one can be mad at that in the least bit, hes a business man more than a actual artist.

114 X 8= Doesn't matter because he still has to pay people, Indie means more work and Cam has a big team that depends soley on him. That's allot of mouths to feed and none of them carry his last name.

Just My Thoughts Homie

05-26-2006, 07:09 PM         #53
Tha Hustla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall n*ggas trippn.....cam sellin that much in tha first week indepently is great....dipsets mixtapes like "Duke Da God" be sellin like a total of 100,000...which is good for dipset

12 years ago '04        #54
RAPSOURCE2003 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,220 | Props total: 21 21
 Kaotic said
prettty much cam jus made more money in a day than any of u broke bi*ches in your lifetimes
INCLUDING YOUR BROKEASS TOO

05-26-2006, 07:59 PM         #55
Romello`  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
boy these dumb a.ss kids just throw any numbers out there, who the fu*k told these n*ggas, cam was gettin 8 dollas a album. fu*k outta hea wit these fairytales, this n*gga gettin 4-5max album, even if that, and like ol' boi said, than that means he gotta pay more n*ggas, for all the promotion he did. n*ggas always gotta say n thats wit no promotion. smh @ that sh*t. cause this n*gga was on TRL, 106, streets, radio, everywhere promotin his sh*t. 100k plus is a good look for cam, Hell i bought the cd. but watch this n*gga have a 50% drop off. These kids dont know the politics behind all this sh*t....

12 years ago '05        #56
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 12193 12193
 TanstA! said
The bottom line is, What matters are the second week sales.. If they decrease then cam is in trouble.
exactly

05-26-2006, 08:02 PM         #57
sneakerfreak  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 johnnyblaze924 said
Killa Season, which moved close to 114,000 units, comes in at #2; the New York rapper previously opened at #2 in 2002, after selling 226,000 copies of Come Home With Me.

source-

and thats with no fu*king single, no promo, no nothing

steets what it is, dipset all day, fu*k ALL those haters all of em
didn't he have a single? and a fu*king publicity stunt?

12 years ago '05        #58
Hyphy707 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 1 1
114,000 units =$684,000 at $6 a unit. Not bad for a week. They did have a promo/video to go wit it, the video had 2 singles Touch it or not/Wet wipes. I like both songs, but the album's weak.

05-26-2006, 09:23 PM         #59
eastpointvet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall kids caught up in the numbers hype for real. 100 thousand is very respectable numbers. everybody dont come out and do 300 400 thousand unless you a major artist who appeals to more than a cult following. the problem is not him doing 100 thousand the first week its how much he will sale in the subseqent weeks that will tell the story. cam is not making 8 bucks an album by and stretch of the imagination on atlantic. for one he gotta pretty nice advance when he signed with atlantic. all that has to be recouped. if they gave him 10 million he in debt to the label until he generates 10 million for them. and he wont do it off this album this album will top out at maybe 600 thousand. and by the way i like cam i just dont think there is real quality control with the dipset fam everything is to repetitive from them these days. similiar beats similiar topics its getting repetitive and its showing in sales. yeah cam gotta nice gold fan base but he not doing nothing original to surpass that base. when he did come home with me things like oh boy was original at the time somewhat and it made people beyond the typical fan base buy. to me i dont think he will surpass the numbers of come home with me cause i personally dont think the hunger is there like when he got with the roc. he records 100 songs and pics 18 for an album.

12 years ago '04        #60
bigtrevdogg 
space
space
$2,153 | Props total: 670 670
if you people think he gets $8.00 for each cd you are hallucinating. mariah carey, prince, janet jackson, micheal jackson, U2 don't even get that and they have record sells out the roof. you people need to stop taking whatever these rappers say and running with it. there is no record company in the world who is gonna give a mediocre artist as camron 8.00 a cd............lets get real

05-26-2006, 09:29 PM         #61
johnnyblaze924  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its not about second week sales when your established artist...its about keeping those numbers nice for when you negotiatie new deals....thats the real hustle...cam out here pimpin these labels for one album deals and getting his cash .....unless your new and do more than 2 million nowadays you cant really be considered a superstar.....i think its a good look for underground hip-hop....basically peopel who dont conform to commerical standards...even people that dont respect cam lyrics can respect that

12 years ago '06        #62
illathruz 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,175 | Props total: 5258 5258
$8 an album is possible and I'll tell you why:

Most artists are signed to record labels and give up their rights to ever perform independently and keep all of the revenue. If Mariah Carey wanted to sing at some kids birthday for $100, the record company would keep a portion of that because they have the power to extend the contract indefinitely.
Cam'ron has a very different situation and he can thank Un, the n*gga whom Jigga stabbed, for that. Right after he dropped his first album on Un's label. The label folded, he was a free agent.
His second album was on Sony and he was under the wing of violator management. He also managed to leave the label without relinquishing his rights to 100% of his revenues indefinitely (key word being indefinitely). Once again Cam was a free agent.
Third album, platinum. The Rocafella marketing effort secured the deal.
The fourth album, Rocafella refused to market it. Still went gold cus Cam a reall n*gga. The Roc crumbled. Once again, retaining all his rights Cam left. He left the entire Universal fold and went to Warner. Cam was a free agent.
Fifth album, 100,000 first week. More promotion could help it go platinum but that is besides the point. THE MAIN POINT IS THIS:

your average artist must sell 500K minimum because the record company is finacing the entire release. In the case of Cam, he is financing a larger share and is outsourcing services, namely production. Cam can do the marketing alone and has managed to do so without spending a fortune like most artists.

Hospital costs from getting shot: $15,000
Cost to make k!lla Season the movie: $10,000
Cost to make dozens of mixtapes: $10,000

1st week revenues [radically conservative estimate] (2.99 * 114 = $340,000)

Mobb Deep spent a fortune trying to get on.

Cam'ron spent nothing and is caking off.

12 years ago '06        #63
DreDay17 
space
space
$1,479 | Props total: 291 291
good album for what its worth, if it reaches gold between 2-3 months then its served its purpose.

12 years ago '04        #64
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$24,472 | Props total: 7183 7183
114,000 is not that good,next week its gon be like 51,000 week after that 30,00 and so on

05-27-2006, 12:38 AM         #65
Peformance  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From my View of the tracks on k!lla season..they don't seem all hyped up to be....But Im Glad to see that cam doing his Thing with The Record sales..

05-27-2006, 12:43 AM         #66
Skeetx3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Iceman01 said
dissing Jay-Z, Promoting the movie and album, mixtapes pushing his singles, along with the radio, c'mon not hating on the album but don't act like it dropped out the blue and did these number, there was a marketing gimmik behid this, believe, funny how people think people do good numbers with no promotion. Cam just got a good Marketing team. Funny that it is compared to his first Roc-a-Fella album.

right^

12 years ago '04        #67
pistolp 
space
space
$890 | Props total: 0 0
 illathruz said
$8 an album is possible and I'll tell you why:

Most artists are signed to record labels and give up their rights to ever perform independently and keep all of the revenue. If Mariah Carey wanted to sing at some kids birthday for $100, the record company would keep a portion of that because they have the power to extend the contract indefinitely.
Cam'ron has a very different situation and he can thank Un, the n*gga whom Jigga stabbed, for that. Right after he dropped his first album on Un's label. The label folded, he was a free agent.
His second album was on Sony and he was under the wing of violator management. He also managed to leave the label without relinquishing his rights to 100% of his revenues indefinitely (key word being indefinitely). Once again Cam was a free agent.
Third album, platinum. The Rocafella marketing effort secured the deal.
The fourth album, Rocafella refused to market it. Still went gold cus Cam a reall n*gga. The Roc crumbled. Once again, retaining all his rights Cam left. He left the entire Universal fold and went to Warner. Cam was a free agent.
Fifth album, 100,000 first week. More promotion could help it go platinum but that is besides the point. THE MAIN POINT IS THIS:

your average artist must sell 500K minimum because the record company is finacing the entire release. In the case of Cam, he is financing a larger share and is outsourcing services, namely production. Cam can do the marketing alone and has managed to do so without spending a fortune like most artists.

Hospital costs from getting shot: $15,000
Cost to make k!lla Season the movie: $10,000
Cost to make dozens of mixtapes: $10,000

1st week revenues [radically conservative estimate] (2.99 * 114 = $340,000)

Mobb Deep spent a fortune trying to get on.

Cam'ron spent nothing and is caking off.

the only post that matters

12 years ago '05        #68
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,278 | Props total: 2535 2535
 Kaotic said
prettty much cam jus made more money in a day than any of u broke bi*ches in your lifetimes

i know it hurts haters.. but that's da motha fu*ken truth

05-27-2006, 09:33 AM         #69
Skeetx3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said
100,000 isn't that great.........

Should have stayed on the ROC

this cd was horrible

its was pretty bad.

05-27-2006, 10:05 AM         #70
koofyslappa11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mattdogg444 said
everyone hated on mobb deep didnt they sell the exact same thing?
yea............but mobb deep got g-unit promotion all over it..................cam is independent.

05-27-2006, 10:07 AM         #71
koofyslappa11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 That Dude said
fu*k his album sales the ngga cam and dipset are conry as fu*k.... I know one of you dipset d*ck riders/stan/groupies are gon take offense but I don't give a fu*k......Do y'all really listen to hip hop music? if you did you would understand dipset ain't sayin much.... Oh yeah I saw that lil n*gga JR writer at the mall the other day, if he didn't have so much securtiy around him I woulda run up on him take his jewels and cash. fat a.ss, short hubby n*gga can't do sh*t
lol.................u that hard to run up on someone in tha mall n jack em........... get tha fu*k outta here...............clown a.ss n*gga

05-27-2006, 10:10 AM         #72
ItsYaboyJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another one of these threads all they do is attract haters

12 years ago '04        #73
bonecollector 
space
space
space
$765 | Props total: 0 0
jay will eat this niga tho......i hope hell rell or 40 does good tho

05-27-2006, 10:34 AM         #74
modulatum  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YoungForcers said
DIPSET bi*ch!!!!!!!! jus wait to hell rell and Jr Writer come out
who the fu*k is Hell Rell and Jr Writer? Cam's weed carriers?

12 years ago '04        #75
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,463 | Props total: 1858 1858
 Maroon_Tiger said
everybody's 2nd week has a decrease by at least 25%... and since cam has no real hit songs out.. he'll be pushing like 70-80k by next week
You sure about that....take a look at this: #2/CAM'RON/KILLA SEASON/113,608/999/1,274/114,890

Thats a 85% decrease. Guess everybody who was gonna get it bought it the first week

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Big d*ck in new york public experiment
79 comments
7 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Kodak was about to go to 6ix9ine studio session to “beat they ass”
30 comments
7 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
“My life was saved by a white man. I don’t know what racism is”
63 comments
14 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 3-10 1-5 from 3 , 0 ast and minus 20 for the game...Guess who??
81 comments
10 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Caption this pic of Butler and Wiggins
31 comments
9 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Vince Carter will be on the warriors by February
22 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vicky got them thunda thighs
55 comments
16 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
exclusive pic of ovo 40 pillow talkin
27 comments
16 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Vick's Father Sentenced To 5 Years For Part In Heroin Distribu..
52 comments
12 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Oct 17 - trumps goons sending death threats to the ti video melania look a like
5 comments
12 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 17 - Antbiotics Report in America's Fast Food provides horrifying ..
56 comments
15 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Arab whyte PAWG does the sexiest squats ever - Ohhhhhh lawdddd!!!
34 comments
16 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA The Strangest NBA facts no one has ever told you
14 comments
13 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Djlube, yungsavage05, iconic, blaffy, the watcher ✌
10 comments
11 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sauce Walka said Cardi B wanted some sauce, Offset wants a fight
8 comments
9 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Hope Cardi B Ghostwriter ready for war
42 comments
13 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Eddie H. tells CHARLO, WILDER & OTHERS if U want belts U have to come t..
30 comments
12 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Vs Atlanta
86 comments
11 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 beefing with Omar now
71 comments
13 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Most Emotionally Honestman in HipHop tells the TRUTH about 2Pacs De..
3 comments
14 hours ago
@hiphop
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Scorpz
O1as
LeMar G
Oh_Yea
Mutant Boy
ICONIC
SimeonWisest
titans7
Andrefrbk
904Nole
Top 10 most slapped recently
Kliq
BlackDynamite
suavehooper
COLIN COWHERD
i?
two-face
4REAL
itZVerZe318
rellish
Scorpz

most viewed right now
online now  37
Image(s) inside Pete Davidson sent Mac Miller intimate pictures of Ariana Grande days ..
341 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  32
Image(s) inside Nigerian 🍑👀
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  23
Video inside There is a GOD..DESS! BETH! 😇
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  20
Video inside Redman Reveals Why He and Method Man Won't Appear in 'How High 2'
30 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside No Limit 98’
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside Pusha T SAID That Ovo40 IS THE ONE That LEAK DRAKE SON & BM INFO ON TH..
309 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Oct 16 - Most job openings ever in US
49 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside Young Buck still pleading with the pump!!! LMAOOOO