May 16 - YO Gotti Talks About his new album, beef w/3-6 Mafia

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

dfgh

Props Slaps
 05-17-2006, 12:54 AM         #1
8437 pageviews
8 comments

KrugeR 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 16 - YO Gotti Talks About his new album, beef w/3-6 Mafia

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW @
[pic - click to view]

http://www.concretemag.com/YoGotti.html

Concrete:
You got the video now for gangster party with high production getting major spins on MTV and BET. What's the National reaction now that people are getting to know Yo Gotti.

Yo Gotti:
Im doing more shows in newer markets. I think a lot of people for a lot of reasons have heard about me but haven't seen me or seen me but never heard me. Basically now I'm putting the two together.

Concrete:
what are those new markets being opened up through this exposure?

Yo Gotti
All the Carolinas up through the midwest and were still holding the south down.

Concrete:
A lot of attention has been focused on the Memphis scene obviously through the movie Hustle and Flow and a lot of other people coming out of there. It seems like you are one of the few who is reaching hard and giving back with the blackout squad albums - what's your opinion on Memphis and why you do that?

Yo Gotti:
I do it because the only way to come up as a city is to do it together. Of course me and 3 6 never worked together, but 8 ball and MJG i fu*k with them. I feel like other artists before me didn't do this sh*t, didn't go back and try and put n*ggaz together and give up and coming artists a chance without trying to fu*k them over

Concrete:
Is there works for Blackout Squad 3?.

Yo Gotti:
Yeah. Part 3 is in the making right now.

Concrete:
Who are some of the people we are probably going to be seeing for the first time on this that you really believe in.

Yo Gotti:
Crack Rock he gets hot down here, Lil New-New, Thoroughbred Hustlers. These are our new cats were comin' out with.

Concrete:
Your about to have another major release in may. What are loyal fans going to get on this one?

Yo Gotti:
It's Yo Gotti but with better production better quality, tracks with Scott Storch, Mr. Collipark, Manne Fresh, but of course its me, I rap about what's real and the things I've seen.

Concrete:
Who are some of the other people who are going to be featured on the album?

Yo Gotti
Lil Wayne of course from the Cash Money family, Jazze Phe, Bun B, 8 Ball, Allstar, La Chat, Block Burnaz.

Concrete:
What do you think the next single and video you are going to push after Gangsta Party?

Yo Gotti:
We just dropped 2 at the same time - "Ghetto" with wayne and baby on it and we dropped the song I done with Scott Storch so we put both of them out there and whichever one takes the lead is the one we're gonna run with

Concrete:
You mentioned Block Burnaz and thats another way we see how you reach out and pull up other artists from Memphis - so has T-Stit officially left the group?

Yo Gotti:
Right now the Block Burnaz is Yo Gotti, Dinero, and Trizi.

Concrete:
Is it kind of like a Boyz N Tha Hood where members will come and go over time?

Yo Gotti:
Yeah, Trizi is my cousin, and Dinero is like my brother, we grew up together, and I knew the other guys, we grew up together too, but there's a reason people go different ways and I still wish them well. Its more than music for me, they were my n*ggaz, if they go their own way ain't nobody stoppin' nothing.

Concrete:
What would be the next project from Block Burnaz we'll be seeing?

Yo Gotti:
The album is still coming out at the end of the year on Cash Money.

Concrete:
We just had Allstar on the cover of the March issue, what's the status of his project?

Yo Gotti:
Allstar might drop in july. He has so many different songs recorded we kind of had a problem deciding which ones to drop as singles. Thats the only thing that slowed him up otherwise his album would have been out. Like on the Grey Goose situation Def Jam didn't want to clear Young Jeezy so right now we got a new song with Young Buck.

Concrete:
Lets get back to you and your background. Your from north memphis, you rep it all the time, Ridge Crest Apartments. What was it like coming up in north Memphis?

Yo Gotti:
I got into the streets since I was 12 years old and you have to adapt to your surroundings. In the city there's hustlers, gang bangers, pimps, hoes, whatever, you feel me? Same thing in every hood. Everybody is hustlin' trying to pay the bills and sh*t .

Concrete:
Who are some of the people you looked up to growing up.

Yo Gotti:
8 Ball and MJG nationally, but most of all the local cats you would see around, the ones I could see, Skinny Pimp, Playa Fly , Gangsta Black, Al Kapone, al them was hot back then independantly and locally.

Concrete:
One of the things we hear about Memphis is its way more independant with people running their catalog and have more control over their artistic direction and their career. What are some of the things you think are responsable for that? Is it having Select-o-hits in your back yard and cooperative radio, is there more talent there, or is it a combination of the 2?

Yo Gotti:
Select-O probably plays a big part in it. I don't think the radio plays a big part in it because still a lot of people don't get played. Its the way we learn, like if you're from New York and you spit, you drop a mixtape you can get a deal from just that. In Memphis if you come up in the game you learn you have to holla at Select-o and go independent. In atlanta they got artists out there - you can bump into Jermane Dupree, you can bump into Jazze Phe, you can bump into Outkast, you can bump into anybody. Who you gonna bump into in Memphis? Even when you have people who could have put you on, you could have bumped into 3-6 but they don't want to fu*k with you , and if they did fu*k with you they wasn't going to pay you, so they REALLY fu*k with you!

Concrete:
So do you think Memphis is getting better about working together?

Yo Gotti:
Naw, Memphis is still the same even tho everyone in the industry is looking at Memphis. Everybody on the outside looking in, but its still the change, ain't nothin' changed.

Concrete:
So what do you think might be the influence of a lot of major label attention on Memphis right now?

Yo Gotti:
They watching and looking for the next big thing. That may give up and coming people a better chance, people like me who might not be in an existing group that was already there to come up.

Concrete:
A lot of people want to get into the rap game down south. What's a number one mistake you see people out there making?

Yo Gotti:
First of all, stay down and do you. I think the people out there trying to follow trends, not saying you cant do that and win, but you limit yourself. I think every 5 or 6 years there's someone who comes out and changes the game because they bring something new to the table. Those are the people who sell 10 or 11 million, like Eminem, Nelly, 50, they came out and changed it. People had been doing gangsta rap but 50 came back with it and it wasn't more commercial before that. Nelly came out and did his thing. Of course Eminem's sh*t is different. So like that, do you, don't try and do nobody else. And outside of that, read your paperwork man, get you a lawyer and read your paperwork. So many artists sign contracts to get money right there its damn near to a point where you could come through with ten thousand dollars and take any percentage and the artist is still gonna sign the motherfu*ker. The little money they try and give you up front, there's way more paper out there. Sometimes artists think they're hot but they want the world. Read the paperwork and look for the best opportunity out there, not the money they try and give you right then because the best opportunity is going to be good for you for the next couple of years. But there's an opposite, you could get a good opportunity but think "naw I want a million dollars" and miss that good opportunity. You shouldn't be looking for a million dollars or even a hundred thousand when you ain't sold a CD.

Concrete:
Any last words for the readers out there?

Yo Gotti:
Yo Gotti - Back 2 the Basics, May 23rd. Allstar - Street Ball, July. La Chat - Bad Influence 2 or 3 weeks after mine. Everybody who doesn't know we signed La Chat her situation is better, her album is super hard.

8 comments for "May 16 - YO Gotti Talks About his new album, beef w/3-6 Mafia"

05-17-2006, 03:35 AM         #2
POMP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice read
 12 years ago '05        #3
Bay.Area.Boi. 
space
space
$907 | Props total: 2 2
props he jus constantly drop bombs on 3-6 but they pays him no attention
 05-17-2006, 02:57 PM         #4
RedLite  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice read, propz dawg
 12 years ago '04        #5
pntblank 
space
space
$1,402 | Props total: 0 0
his cd is on point....hope it does good
 12 years ago '05        #6
Hyphy707 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 1 1
Just got his album from TVT Records "Back II Da Basics" It's a lot better than I thought it would be, but where I'm @, I haven't seen, or heard of him on any Major Media Outlets. I'm a give it a 2.5 out of posible 5
 12 years ago '05        #7
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,374 | Props total: 471 471
 KrugeR said:
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW @

Concrete:
You got the video now for gangster party with high production getting major spins on MTV and BET. What's the National reaction now that people are getting to know Yo Gotti.

Yo Gotti:
Im doing more shows in newer markets. I think a lot of people for a lot of reasons have heard about me but haven't seen me or seen me but never heard me. Basically now I'm putting the two together.

Concrete:
what are those new markets being opened up through this exposure?

Yo Gotti
All the Carolinas up through the midwest and were still holding the south down.

Concrete:
A lot of attention has been focused on the Memphis scene obviously through the movie Hustle and Flow and a lot of other people coming out of there. It seems like you are one of the few who is reaching hard and giving back with the blackout squad albums - what's your opinion on Memphis and why you do that?

Yo Gotti:
I do it because the only way to come up as a city is to do it together. Of course me and 3 6 never worked together, but 8 ball and MJG i fu*k with them. I feel like other artists before me didn't do this sh*t, didn't go back and try and put n*ggaz together and give up and coming artists a chance without trying to fu*k them over

Concrete:
Is there works for Blackout Squad 3?.

Yo Gotti:
Yeah. Part 3 is in the making right now.

Concrete:
Who are some of the people we are probably going to be seeing for the first time on this that you really believe in.

Yo Gotti:
Crack Rock he gets hot down here, Lil New-New, Thoroughbred Hustlers. These are our new cats were comin' out with.

Concrete:
Your about to have another major release in may. What are loyal fans going to get on this one?

Yo Gotti:
It's Yo Gotti but with better production better quality, tracks with Scott Storch, Mr. Collipark, Manne Fresh, but of course its me, I rap about what's real and the things I've seen.

Concrete:
Who are some of the other people who are going to be featured on the album?

Yo Gotti
Lil Wayne of course from the Cash Money family, Jazze Phe, Bun B, 8 Ball, Allstar, La Chat, Block Burnaz.

Concrete:
What do you think the next single and video you are going to push after Gangsta Party?

Yo Gotti:
We just dropped 2 at the same time - "Ghetto" with wayne and baby on it and we dropped the song I done with Scott Storch so we put both of them out there and whichever one takes the lead is the one we're gonna run with

Concrete:
You mentioned Block Burnaz and thats another way we see how you reach out and pull up other artists from Memphis - so has T-Stit officially left the group?

Yo Gotti:
Right now the Block Burnaz is Yo Gotti, Dinero, and Trizi.

Concrete:
Is it kind of like a Boyz N Tha Hood where members will come and go over time?

Yo Gotti:
Yeah, Trizi is my cousin, and Dinero is like my brother, we grew up together, and I knew the other guys, we grew up together too, but there's a reason people go different ways and I still wish them well. Its more than music for me, they were my n*ggaz, if they go their own way ain't nobody stoppin' nothing.

Concrete:
What would be the next project from Block Burnaz we'll be seeing?

Yo Gotti:
The album is still coming out at the end of the year on Cash Money.

Concrete:
We just had Allstar on the cover of the March issue, what's the status of his project?

Yo Gotti:
Allstar might drop in july. He has so many different songs recorded we kind of had a problem deciding which ones to drop as singles. Thats the only thing that slowed him up otherwise his album would have been out. Like on the Grey Goose situation Def Jam didn't want to clear Young Jeezy so right now we got a new song with Young Buck.

Concrete:
Lets get back to you and your background. Your from north memphis, you rep it all the time, Ridge Crest Apartments. What was it like coming up in north Memphis?

Yo Gotti:
I got into the streets since I was 12 years old and you have to adapt to your surroundings. In the city there's hustlers, gang bangers, pimps, hoes, whatever, you feel me? Same thing in every hood. Everybody is hustlin' trying to pay the bills and sh*t .

Concrete:
Who are some of the people you looked up to growing up.

Yo Gotti:
8 Ball and MJG nationally, but most of all the local cats you would see around, the ones I could see, Skinny Pimp, Playa Fly , Gangsta Black, Al Kapone, al them was hot back then independantly and locally.

Concrete:
One of the things we hear about Memphis is its way more independant with people running their catalog and have more control over their artistic direction and their career. What are some of the things you think are responsable for that? Is it having Select-o-hits in your back yard and cooperative radio, is there more talent there, or is it a combination of the 2?

Yo Gotti:
Select-O probably plays a big part in it. I don't think the radio plays a big part in it because still a lot of people don't get played. Its the way we learn, like if you're from New York and you spit, you drop a mixtape you can get a deal from just that. In Memphis if you come up in the game you learn you have to holla at Select-o and go independent. In atlanta they got artists out there - you can bump into Jermane Dupree, you can bump into Jazze Phe, you can bump into Outkast, you can bump into anybody. Who you gonna bump into in Memphis? Even when you have people who could have put you on, you could have bumped into 3-6 but they don't want to fu*k with you , and if they did fu*k with you they wasn't going to pay you, so they REALLY fu*k with you!

Concrete:
So do you think Memphis is getting better about working together?

Yo Gotti:
Naw, Memphis is still the same even tho everyone in the industry is looking at Memphis. Everybody on the outside looking in, but its still the change, ain't nothin' changed.

Concrete:
So what do you think might be the influence of a lot of major label attention on Memphis right now?

Yo Gotti:
They watching and looking for the next big thing. That may give up and coming people a better chance, people like me who might not be in an existing group that was already there to come up.

Concrete:
A lot of people want to get into the rap game down south. What's a number one mistake you see people out there making?

Yo Gotti:
First of all, stay down and do you. I think the people out there trying to follow trends, not saying you cant do that and win, but you limit yourself. I think every 5 or 6 years there's someone who comes out and changes the game because they bring something new to the table. Those are the people who sell 10 or 11 million, like Eminem, Nelly, 50, they came out and changed it. People had been doing gangsta rap but 50 came back with it and it wasn't more commercial before that. Nelly came out and did his thing. Of course Eminem's sh*t is different. So like that, do you, don't try and do nobody else. And outside of that, read your paperwork man, get you a lawyer and read your paperwork. So many artists sign contracts to get money right there its damn near to a point where you could come through with ten thousand dollars and take any percentage and the artist is still gonna sign the motherfu*ker. The little money they try and give you up front, there's way more paper out there. Sometimes artists think they're hot but they want the world. Read the paperwork and look for the best opportunity out there, not the money they try and give you right then because the best opportunity is going to be good for you for the next couple of years. But there's an opposite, you could get a good opportunity but think "naw I want a million dollars" and miss that good opportunity. You shouldn't be looking for a million dollars or even a hundred thousand when you ain't sold a CD.

Concrete:
Any last words for the readers out there?

Yo Gotti:
Yo Gotti - Back 2 the Basics, May 23rd. Allstar - Street Ball, July. La Chat - Bad Influence 2 or 3 weeks after mine. Everybody who doesn't know we signed La Chat her situation is better, her album is super hard.

at least he helpin ppl....alot of that dont happen in memphis.....and they signed la chat :wow: .....thats crazy.......and the reason why 3 6 keep gettin blasted is cause they dont fu*kin help ppl.....they jus tryin to keep that shyt to they self....paul and juicy million dolla niccaz and they squad proly barely thousandnaires.....shyts ridiculous.......
 12 years ago '04        #8
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,923 | Props total: 4282 4282
3-6 carrer/music with and without all of there good artist>>>>>>>> Yo Gotti sh*t
 05-17-2006, 07:43 PM         #9
pirublood23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good post. f@ck 3 6 Mafia.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
66 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy