May 16 - COSBY AIRS OUT BLACK MEN AT SPELMAN GRADUATION

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

was he wrong or right for saying this

Props Slaps
 05-19-2006, 08:06 AM         #161
34klub 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well we have been going on with this subject for a couple of days now, and everyone seems to have their own opinion, was he right or was he wrong? The thing right or wrong one thing is though is that at least we get fired up about something. I do not think Cosby meant that all black men were the cause of cultures demise but we definitely play a part in it. I am a black male myself, 25 yrs. old so I can definitely relate. My dad is a straight up hustla and has only had one job his whole life, so if I played the cards I was dealt which I did for a minute, I may not of had been as good as him at it so that means I could be locked down or dead. But my pops told me to do something better.

Yo we don't have to agree with Cosby but we do have to step up and get our black people back in the right direction.

Black Power
 05-19-2006, 08:11 AM         #162
!ALLMONEYENT! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJT said:
^^^^:applause: :applause:

^^^^your applauding what? a big bunch of nothing....its sad that people do not research sh*t before they say it. Just becaue bill cosby grew up in the ghetto and became successful does not mean he understands the hood! fu*k what dude said means nothing realy. it actually makes bill look bad, mainly because he has not came back since he left. you dont see inner city programs with bill cosby name on it! his credibility is shot because he be drugin up chicks and fondaling the rest! look all im sayin to bill is that its not that easy. Bill cosby wants the same thing other black folks want we all want crime to stop and blacks to start actin like we have some sense. but to change that you cant blast n*ggas for without a solution. He just says the use of this aint right and kids cant talk and kids cant do this and the clothes they were is this and that. NO sh*t fu*k U JUST NOW NOTICING THIS???? fu*k if the rich class wasnt so out of touch with the poor black class then we wouldnt be having this problem. white people take care of there sh*t....rich whites go back to there community.....Rich blacks do not they do not invest in there community thus brings other problems that come with poverty....crime,violence,education declines etc. those are proven facts until these communities get re-built nothing will change
 12 years ago '04        #163
Thirdc0astgh0st 
space
space
$989 | Props total: 14 14
Cosby is Hip Hops #1 enemy. fu*k Cosby
 12 years ago '04        #164
droopy5631 
space
space
space
$402 | Props total: 2 2
i feel what bill is saying but on the flip side you've been caught cheating 2 times and a got a daughter
 12 years ago '04        #165
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
black peoples #1 problem is that they have no unity among each other. thats why the black community is in shambles.
 05-27-2006, 01:55 PM         #166
almcaffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bill Cosby is right, n*ggas aint doin they job, all that sh*t our parents and grandparents did to get us to the point where we could succeed... and this is coming from a n*gga from the hood, from the drugs, from the gangs... if you've seen what ive seen you would know this n*gga is right. So before you get mad at my post think about all the n*ggas you know, all the broken homes, all the absent fathers, all the n*ggas who would call themselves a pimp, playa, hustla, who cant even call themselves a MAN... thats all imma say for now but I could go on forever, n*ggas iant doin they job, n*ggas need to understand that you need to take care of yourself, get a job, put some money in the bank, get your own sh*t str8, then you wont have to chase bi*ches, cause they'll be drawn to you. Prison aint cool, slanging dope aint cool, you k!llin otha n*ggas, my moms and pops was both crackfeinds, now ones dead the other is incarcerated for years to come.... man fu*k it a lot of yaw wont understand anyways so imma stop here...
 05-27-2006, 03:05 PM         #167
tmich19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GaryIn'75 said:
Bill had 1 of the most successful tv shows of all time and Oprah is 1 of the most powerful women in the world, if thats not motivation nothings going to help you BROTHER, the only thing motivating half of our black youth is rappers talking about guns and drugs and sticking some chick

so what the hell does that suppose to mean??.... what good is a few successful show's gonna do a bunch of misguided youth... and besides those shows don't portray real black people n e damn way.
 05-27-2006, 03:18 PM         #168
BigBDrugStores 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some times i think bill hates black people but i think he knows what hes talking about
 12 years ago '04        #169
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
 tmich19 said:
so what the hell does that suppose to mean??.... what good is a few successful show's gonna do a bunch of misguided youth... and besides those shows don't portray real black people n e damn way.

you are correct. cause cosbys show actually had a caring father in it. and many of todays kids havent even laid eyes on their sperm donors....
 12 years ago '04        #170
Mega 
space
space
$5,594 | Props total: 981 981
He lacts tact, makes broad generalizations, but essentially he's right. He just doesn't express himself well when doing it. It's almost as if he's looking down on people, but I think that has more to do with his history as a comedian with his delivery.
 12 years ago '04        #171
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
 Mega said:
He lacts tact, makes broad generalizations, but essentially he's right. He just doesn't express himself well when doing it. It's almost as if he's looking down on people, but I think that has more to do with his history as a comedian with his delivery.

theres no need to sugarcoat stuff for adults. there was nothing wrong with the way he said it. the way he put it made some of these idiots understand what he was saying thats why so many of them got offended. if he had of put it any other way , then they would have been asking what he meant by that.
 12 years ago '04        #172
Mega 
space
space
 memyselfni said:

theres no need to sugarcoat stuff for adults. there was nothing wrong with the way he said it. the way he put it made some of these idiots understand what he was saying thats why so many of them got offended. if he had of put it any other way , then they would have been asking what he meant by that.
He's been saying it for the past year and some change. This is nothing new. Point blank he lacks tact. It doesn't show he cares at times, it sounds often that he is belittling people. Because a lot of these kids didn't get the same opportunities and go to the same schools as his kids. It's a certain way you can say something that will deliver the same effect. That's why 50% of black people will be turned off by what he said, dismiss his message, because they don't like the messenger.
 12 years ago '04        #173
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
 Mega said:
He's been saying it for the past year and some change. This is nothing new. Point blank he lacks tact. It doesn't show he cares at times, it sounds often that he is belittling people. Because a lot of these kids didn't get the same opportunities and go to the same schools as his kids. It's a certain way you can say something that will deliver the same effect. That's why 50% of black people will be turned off by what he said, dismiss his message, because they don't like the messenger.

it won't hurt him. and those so offended are the ones guilty of the mess hes speaking about. ALL black people didnt get offended, just the ones who participate in this type of mess.
 12 years ago '04        #174
Mega 
space
space
 memyselfni said:

it won't hurt him. and those so offended are the ones guilty of the mess hes speaking about. ALL black people didnt get offended, just the ones who participate in this type of mess.

I've had several discussions with people where they essentially agree with what he said, because I remember previous discussions. However they don't care for his "attack" on a segment of our community, so they feel the need to defend them. They feel the need to run to the aid of the voiceless. Just like you have people like Michael Eric Dyson, who agree, but then again don't...because of his delivery. A lot of people don't have much of a say in their condition, they are raised in poverty and a lack of education for generations and it just keeps getting passed down. That's what their parents learned, so it's a neverending sycle. They aren't given the same opportunities. So it's a lot of other things you can complain about other than the fu*ked up parents and kids, because all the time it just isn't personal responsibility. What about blaming the education and prison system or the government. Sometimes people need a extended hand rather than a slap on the back. Seems to me that he picked the easiest target.
 05-28-2006, 10:38 AM         #175
rspj5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Listen i'm a black man and I agree with him. Bill Cosby is one of the realist people in America. He speaks his mind freely and he is very intelligent. BILL COSBY is the man.
 05-28-2006, 11:08 AM         #176
SashaTheMan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cosby is a great man

and he is even greater as a fad on ytmnd site.
 05-28-2006, 09:10 PM         #177
Mr.X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man fu*k him he wasnt saying sh*t when he had his show or doing jello commericals. Thats the time we needed him to speak up for us.
 12 years ago '05        #178
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
HE CAN KEEP TALKIN BUT AINT NOBODY LISTENING.....SO WHAT he says is pointless me and my niggz r gonna do what we wanna do. That preaching shyt went out of style 20 something years ago.
 12 years ago '04        #179
AlSween 
space
space
$1,386 | Props total: 26 26
if ur not ignant like he says then don't get offended. but since there is a large amount that are and defend their ignorance it deserves to be bashed. real black ppl hat zzzzzzs.

most of u ppl probably have parents who are mid 30s or not much higher. a parent that was born around 1950 don't raise kids that do the stuff that cosby is complaining about. and what is ppl's rebuttal to protect ignorance "well bill cosby isn't perfect so don't listen to him". that's bull. there's no more discipline from parents or any kind of morals. ppl worship cooning and being "hood". sorry it is all and good to represent where u r from for i know many of 50+ ppl who tell me about how they grew up poor. not today poor where ppl have welfare but poor where u don't have indoor plumbing. there was more pride in black ppl b4. my parents always tell me i have to be twice as good as the next man b/c life isn't fair and what im finding is that the younger these parents of kids that are around 20 now are the more they raise their kids to complain and blame other ppl for their problems. but back on the whole "hood" thing. i swear it's become the best thing in the world to be gangsta. think about rap for a second...i love hip hop but why is it so important to prove street credibility rather than credibility period. i shouldn't applaud somebody for rapping about k!lling off his whole community then diss the next dude b/c he makes a song about having fun or even a song pointing out that ignorance.

just defending being ignorant is ignorant and people who do that are worst than racists in my opinion. they cause a lot more harm b/c they are like spys working undercover just to sabotage.

Last edited by AlSween; 05-28-2006 at 09:43 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #180
shaolinmaster 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
Let's keep in mind...

1. Bill Cosby is not a leader for African-Amercians.He is an entertainer, not a leader. Real leadership for African-Americans died with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

2. Bill Cosby came from a fatherless home. Unlike myself, he did not grow up with his dad. Therefore, he "feels" that a woman is supposed to take a man's role in the household. Absolute crap! (e.g. If you watch old episodes of The Cosby Show, his wife always had the final say and always outsmarted him).

At the end of the day, Bill Cosby's comments do not bother me. What does bother me is that he feels that African-American men as so useless that they cannot lead and stand up in their communities.

Last edited by shaolinmaster; 05-28-2006 at 09:42 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago