most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

was he wrong or right for saying this

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #101
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 0 0
 H.N.I.C. said:
Im not really feelin this whole speech....the problem is really obvious why continue to point out tha problem why not try providing a solution to adressing the problem thats like watchin people fall in tha hole instead of telling them ways around the hole u tell em "theres a hole in tha ground"..I think what makes his speech seem so offensive is the fact that being very critical but he's being very critical without offering any reasons why other then black men are in jail and selling crack and hip hop is bad and he isnt really stating how this could be avoided
Wasn't that done at the Million Man March in 1995? Weren't solutions offered? Weren't Black men asked to step up and be responsible? Is our community better off now than it was 10+ years ago? Anybody remember this pledge:

"I pledge that from this day forward I will strive to love my brother as I love myself. I, from this day forward, will strive to improve myself spiritually, morally, mentally, socially, politically and economically for the benefit of myself, my family and my people. I pledge that I will strive to build business, build houses, build hospitals, build factories and enter into international trade for the good of myself, my family and my people.

I pledge that from this day forward I will never raise my hand with a knife or a gun to beat, cut, or shoot any member of my family or any human being except in self-defense. I pledge from this day forward I will never abuse my wife by striking her, disrespecting her, for she is the mother of my children and the producer of my future. I pledge that from this day forward I will never engage in the abuse of children, little boys or little girls for s3xual gratification. For I will let them grow in peace to be strong men and women for the future of our people.

I will never again use the `B word' to describe any female. But particularly my own black sister. I pledge from this day forward that I will not poison my body with drugs or that which is destructive to my health and my well-being. I pledge from this day forward I will support black newspapers, black radio, black television. I will support black artists who clean up their acts to show respect for themselves and respect for their people and respect for the ears of the human family. I will do all of this so help me god."

The things listed there might not have been final solutions, but they were a start. So now what? 10+ years later, where are we as a community? We might've made some progress, but we haven't made anywhere near the type of progress we should have made. And that's because some individuals aren't doing their part. How many Black men in jail or prison can say they were still locked-up despite adhering to some or all of the things listed in that pledge? How many are making excuses and complaining instead of being proactive? You ask what solutions Cosby offers? Well what about the individuals that are screaming "I live in poverty and it's my reality, etc.??" Do you see them offering any solutions or just complaining? It seems that a lot are just complaining and not being responsible for trying to better their own situations. And those are the individuals Cosby is referring to in his messages.

Last edited by BANKRO9; 05-17-2006 at 12:26 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #102
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
 H.N.I.C. said:
Im not really feelin this whole speech....the problem is really obvious why continue to point out tha problem why not try providing a solution to adressing the problem thats like watchin people fall in tha hole instead of telling them ways around the hole u tell em "theres a hole in tha ground"..I think what makes his speech seem so offensive is the fact that being very critical but he's being very critical without offering any reasons why other then black men are in jail and selling crack and hip hop is bad and he isnt really stating how this could be avoided

he can only point the sh*t out. these are grown folks who needs to take control of their own lives. instead of some whining about the sh*t they need to change their ways and better themsleves and quit placing the blame on the white man.
 05-17-2006, 02:13 AM         #103
BaddNewZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As a White dude I'll say this much from my experience.... I went to a majority Black high school.....

I was in advanced college geared classes..... I was the only male in that program......everyone else was female and Black....I aint makin judgements..... cause it aint my place..... but I definitely made the observation.....

Cosby's goin a bit far I think though..... he could at least provide a message of hope to young Black men.... instead of degrading Black men and basically giving up on Black men.....

I wouldn't feel inspired to do sh*t if some White guy was on TV sayin that White men aren't doin a damn thing and White women are the only thing that'll keep the community moving forward........That'd be discouraging to me.... and possibly push me to just be bad like everyone else since thats the way i'm being treated.......

I mean doesn't hiphop already sell a hopeless negative reality for black men??....... Now you got an upstanding figure in the community that's supposed to be positive and supportive sellin that same negative reality for black men???.....

I'm sure he has good intentions..... but the way to bring ANY group of people together.... is not by bashing them......just my two cents....
 12 years ago '04        #104
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 Rufus The Stunt said:
It just doesnt work tho, he's only preaching to the choir with that method. All of us who agree with Cosby from the get go are gonna say "yes, that's what needs to be said." But we are not the ones that need to hear the message, Spellman does not need to hear the message.

I used to work with lil kids in bad areas when I was in High School (community service for a scholarship) and getting in front of them and ranting talking about "you kids are fu*king up, you're messing up your life, you're this, you're that" defeats the sh*t out of people. Your average person that needs to be spoken to has no hope and hasn't seen the otherside of the game. You have to come at these people like you care like "look here's what they think about you, here's what you are, and here's what you can be". Call me naive but I changed some minds my 11th and 12th grade years.

Cornell West doesn't need to belittle anyone to get his point across and at the same time he isn't babying anyone. If you want people to listen to you than treat them like they have some sense REGARDLESS IF THEY DO OR NOT. Apply logic instead of negativity, you dont get anywhere making people feel like sh*t. Imagine MLK standing at a podium saying "you white people need to give us what we deserve", do you think he'd be praised today? Instead he included everyone and came from the angle that this was for the betterment of all.

We can talk all day about how this needs to be said but at the end of the day those words are all we're gonna have. No action and no thought.
So true, most of the people that need to hear the message don't know the flipside of the game and don't even know that their is a problem or don't know that root of the problems. Us who know its a problem are the ones who are trying to make a difference, we dont need to hear it like you said. We have to pursuade those people that need to know, that there is a problem first, then provide a solution, then pursuade those to abide by the solutions.
 05-17-2006, 09:49 AM         #105
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u beat down an underachiever the only thing u gone do is make him more of an underachiever. the best way to inspire a person is show them how somethin works and show them how they can be successful at it. not degrading them, not callin them names. thats wat cosby does calls names, that does help if u havent noticed. now i can listen to Obama, i can listen to West, i can even listen to Sharpton sometimes. but Oprah and Cosby need 2 spend less time criticizing and more time informing.

1 thing Cosby needs 2 realize is the Cosby Show isnt on anymore so he doesnt hav the attention of the young folk like he used to. wen he starts babbling like that (even though he means well) kids are just gonna look at him as old and senile not knowin wat he talkin about.

wat Cosby should do and i think he should do and im gonna email him and tell him he should do it, is a go on a show that young ppl watch. like (not Oprah, or any daytime show that kids will be in school and wont see) get a BET special or somethin let them interview him. have it come on at like 8 on a tuesday night. and just for an hour or 2 talk about his life why he says the things he says, wat impact he wants it 2 hav, where he came from, why can he speak so diligently about it.

thats wat i want him to do, cuz i kno he means well but most ppl dont see that. and come on the show with the attitude of upliftment and not degradation. im gonna find his email or somethin right now.
 12 years ago '05        #106
beatboyheatboy 
space
space
$2,823 | Props total: 56 56
fu*k BILL COSBY THAT bi*ch a.ss n*gga AINT EVEN FUNNY
THAT n*gga JUST MAD CAUSE THERE ARE IGNORANT a.ss n*ggaS WHO DIS bi*chES AND DO ALL THAT sh*t GETTIN MORE MONEY THAN HE IS AND HE CANT STAND IT

THAT OLD fu*k NEEDS TO SHUT THE fu*k UP BEFORE SOMEONE SMACKS THE sh*t OUT OF HIS UNCLE TOM a.ss
 12 years ago '04        #107
Tabasco 
space
space
$414 | Props total: 12 12
The way I see it is everyone i talking about yeah its good that he said it yeah people need to step there game up...ok thats cool we all know this but my whole thing is who has the slightest idea of how...how do you honestly change the mentality of the majority of a whole entire race. Basically how do you f!ght a system thats been designed to keep you down a system that whether you like it or not you're gonna have to abide by. The problems of the black community will never change even if we as a people come together for a change. The only way that anything will change is if blacks change thier mentality and the rest of the world changes thier perception on things....and honestly I just dont see it happening....it may get a little better in the future but it'll never get to the point where we can say yeah we have made it.
 12 years ago '04        #108
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 beatboyheatboy said:
fu*k BILL COSBY THAT bi*ch a.ss n*gga AINT EVEN FUNNY
THAT n*gga JUST MAD CAUSE THERE ARE IGNORANT a.ss n*ggaS WHO DIS bi*chES AND DO ALL THAT sh*t GETTIN MORE MONEY THAN HE IS AND HE CANT STAND IT

THAT OLD fu*k NEEDS TO SHUT THE fu*k UP BEFORE SOMEONE SMACKS THE sh*t OUT OF HIS UNCLE TOM a.ss
U must be 14
 05-17-2006, 11:35 AM         #109
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Somethings he says is true but he needs to shut the fu*k up sometimes.
 12 years ago '05        #110
beatboyheatboy 
space
space
$2,823 | Props total: 56 56
 VerballyAbusive said:
U must be 14
naw i'm just verbally abusive
 12 years ago '04        #111
little4209 
space
space
space
$1,499 | Props total: 0 0
..its not like what hes sayin isnt true..he's a real dude, that speaks the truth...
 05-17-2006, 04:04 PM         #112
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Twelveinchez said:
fu*k bill cosby...him and oprah same 2 me- they degrade young black men instead of inspiring or motivating...fuk em' both
Constructive criticizm?
 12 years ago '04        #113
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 211 211
 BANKRO9 said:
Wasn't that done at the Million Man March in 1995? Weren't solutions offered? Weren't Black men asked to step up and be responsible? Is our community better off now than it was 10+ years ago? Anybody remember this pledge:

"I pledge that from this day forward I will strive to love my brother as I love myself. I, from this day forward, will strive to improve myself spiritually, morally, mentally, socially, politically and economically for the benefit of myself, my family and my people. I pledge that I will strive to build business, build houses, build hospitals, build factories and enter into international trade for the good of myself, my family and my people.

I pledge that from this day forward I will never raise my hand with a knife or a gun to beat, cut, or shoot any member of my family or any human being except in self-defense. I pledge from this day forward I will never abuse my wife by striking her, disrespecting her, for she is the mother of my children and the producer of my future. I pledge that from this day forward I will never engage in the abuse of children, little boys or little girls for s3xual gratification. For I will let them grow in peace to be strong men and women for the future of our people.

I will never again use the `B word' to describe any female. But particularly my own black sister. I pledge from this day forward that I will not poison my body with drugs or that which is destructive to my health and my well-being. I pledge from this day forward I will support black newspapers, black radio, black television. I will support black artists who clean up their acts to show respect for themselves and respect for their people and respect for the ears of the human family. I will do all of this so help me god."

The things listed there might not have been final solutions, but they were a start. So now what? 10+ years later, where are we as a community? We might've made some progress, but we haven't made anywhere near the type of progress we should have made. And that's because some individuals aren't doing their part. How many Black men in jail or prison can say they were still locked-up despite adhering to some or all of the things listed in that pledge? How many are making excuses and complaining instead of being proactive? You ask what solutions Cosby offers? Well what about the individuals that are screaming "I live in poverty and it's my reality, etc.??" Do you see them offering any solutions or just complaining? It seems that a lot are just complaining and not being responsible for trying to better their own situations. And those are the individuals Cosby is referring to in his messages.
What else do u want them to say "we dont live in poverty"??? Yea half of the responsibility lies on the individual but what about the other half??? Poverty is not just a personal issue but a social issue I thought Hurricane Katrina made that clear and obvious. Just because people are poor and maybe didnt get an education should they be punished by living in such horrid conditions. Im sure you've been to the projects before there really isnt a sense of hope u feel more desperation than anything. Either desperation to "just survive" or desperation to escape By any means neccessary. You say be proactive why dont the poor offer solutions..."Who cares whut they think they're poor they cant read they dont even vote tell them to get a job and stop complaining" is most likely the answer they will recieve. Bill Cosby has a voice he has a face why not address the ENTIRE issue and not just half of it
 12 years ago '05        #114
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,702 | Props total: 130 130
You Cant Correct Anything By Speaking Down To Black Men Or Speaking Bad About Them Even If Its The Truth U Should Try To Help Instead Of Talking Bad What Does Cosby Do For The Hood Nuthin So His Words Mean Nuthin 2 Me..
 05-17-2006, 04:38 PM         #115
PinkLemonade29 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
here's my questions...

what would we as a people like someone to say to us to encourage change?
people are saying it nicely, they are being blunt. they are singing it and reciting it. puttin our struggle on tv and movies... do u want a big banner or neon sign? i think we (male and female) should stop waiting for someone else to spoon feed us 'white america', and do something different. obviously what we're doing isn't working. this problem wasn't started by one person and it definately can't be solved by one. yes it is our responsibility to succeed and put in work for our own benefit...it is ALSO our responsibility as a community and as human beings to help those in need.
don't get me wrong. i never grew up in the hood. i never had to worry about some of the things even my cousins who live in the hood worry about. that's just my situation, the hand i was dealt. i won't pretend to know what it's like, but i will do my best to work hard. that's all i can do.
i don't expect bill and oprah to give away every dime of their money cuz every black person in america is not their problem. the problem is bigger than them and the rest of the wealthy black community can handle alone. more needs to be done than passin out checks. people need to be educated and encouraged.
i understood bill's comments to the spellman graduates. maybe that message is what that group of women needed to hear for them to succeed. hopefully they go on to be successful and pay it forward. yeah it was kinda harsh what was said about some black males but... i think it was less about putting men down and more about lifting those women up.

that's just my opinion...and not even all of it.
 12 years ago '04        #116
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
 BANKRO9 said:
Do you personally know me or anyone else on this board? No, you don't. You also don't know anything about what I (or anyone else on this board) does to help our community. I don't have to tell you I mentor to inner city children, help high school kids research about college and scholarships, and devote my time to worthy causes to help our community to voice my opinion on a message board. So don't catch feelings because the truth hurts. Maybe YOU should be the one looking in that mirror.
Wow thats the best argument you can come up with?

Please try again because thats pathetic.

Last edited by Mista Mizatti; 05-17-2006 at 04:44 PM..
 05-17-2006, 05:00 PM         #117
ThaVisual 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ehh.. i dont like it but there are n*ggaz buggin out there
personally i dont give a fu*k like he(bill) does
im just out to get mine ..i kno i aint the 1 black dude whos gonna graduate in a couple of years but i kno i'll be one of em

his preaching annoys me but he has a point
 12 years ago '04        #118
DJWho 
space
space
$1,316 | Props total: 6 6
all black men are not fu*k ups this dude thinks that most are fu*k ups always put young black men down
 05-17-2006, 08:35 PM         #119
crmlbywonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first of all y is there a choice that says "im not black so i don't care"
i find dat fuccin racist and unneccessary
 05-17-2006, 08:37 PM         #120
crmlbywonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n fa ma black people i know yall aint say bill cosby's uncle tom a.ss was right. yo dayz like dis i just wish dat ma dude tupac was alive so he could witness dis sad sh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago