Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
47 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
28 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

was he wrong or right for saying this

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '05        #81
420dipset 1 heat pts
space
space
$148 | Props total: 30 30
Bottom line it dont matter Ny, dc, La, or any city sh*t is messed up. the point he is making is first fu*k that the teacher aint pushing you to do harder for whatever reason. Push yourself. I'm pretty sure its kids you went to school with in the same hood and they didnt wanna live there no more so they did fu*king homework and studied and when it came time for college they applied they a.ss for some type of scholarship or something. The only people that are mad at what Bill is saying. Is the same lazy mufu*kas he talking bout. And Bill grew up in philly. Not like he lived in the fu*king burbs or grew up like the cosby show.
 05-16-2006, 06:12 PM         #82
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What you fail to realize is that, if he does not convey his message as harshly as he does, no one will even listen to him, nor would it get as much attention. We probably wouldn't even be discussing it now. He has to make it seem like a grave situation(which it is). If he's like "there are many black men doing their thing, and watch out for those that aren't", females will still be out there like "well, most n*ggaz aint like that," but the truth is, that the good n*ggaz are definitely the most minor of our minority.

He, and oprah's selfish a.ss need to speak to some black men as well though. But the black man's plight is much more difficult to address. If he corrects the females, maybe then n*ggaz will stand up because aint no intelligent women gonna want them.
 05-16-2006, 06:26 PM         #83
BlazeA50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fu*kingbastard said:
bill knows the truth ... the only way to stop getting hated on as a race is for black males to stop acting like jungle animals and show intelligence, accountability, obey laws, work hard, and be civil.

bill is not showing hatred, he's trying to help his race gain success and respect
.............:applause:

If you get offended by what he is saying, it's apparent your're the one he is talking about.

But dont think you are the only ones fu*kin up, we all are. But don't use that as an excuse.

Last edited by BlazeA50; 05-16-2006 at 08:54 PM..
 12 years ago '05        #84
EL Smoothz 
space
space
$542 | Props total: 77 77
everybody talkin about how bill keep degradin us maybe we should stop being so damn sensitive and step up to the plate... i dont doubt for one second he dont care about us, all it is is tough love, the same thing you get from your parents when they yell and cuss at you, the same when they ground you... they not puttin you down to make you feel bad... they only breakin you down to build you up... and thats what bill is doin... cut the brother some slack... look at it like this... aint nobody else steppin up and tellin it like it is... he just callin it like he see it...
 12 years ago '04        #85
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
It just doesnt work tho, he's only preaching to the choir with that method. All of us who agree with Cosby from the get go are gonna say "yes, that's what needs to be said." But we are not the ones that need to hear the message, Spellman does not need to hear the message.

I used to work with lil kids in bad areas when I was in High School (community service for a scholarship) and getting in front of them and ranting talking about "you kids are fu*king up, you're messing up your life, you're this, you're that" defeats the sh*t out of people. Your average person that needs to be spoken to has no hope and hasn't seen the otherside of the game. You have to come at these people like you care like "look here's what they think about you, here's what you are, and here's what you can be". Call me naive but I changed some minds my 11th and 12th grade years.

Cornell West doesn't need to belittle anyone to get his point across and at the same time he isn't babying anyone. If you want people to listen to you than treat them like they have some sense REGARDLESS IF THEY DO OR NOT. Apply logic instead of negativity, you dont get anywhere making people feel like sh*t. Imagine MLK standing at a podium saying "you white people need to give us what we deserve", do you think he'd be praised today? Instead he included everyone and came from the angle that this was for the betterment of all.

We can talk all day about how this needs to be said but at the end of the day those words are all we're gonna have. No action and no thought.

Last edited by Rufus The Stunt; 05-16-2006 at 06:51 PM..
 05-16-2006, 06:55 PM         #86
RYBOOGIE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it is time we all rise.
 12 years ago '04        #87
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
 BANKRO9 said:
Like someone on here already said, if you feel offended by what he said, then he probably was talking about you.
Wow thats BS

Thats like saying if you see a Chinese stereotype on TV and you're offended by it, it probably means that you're offended because you perpetrate that stereotype. Get the fu*k outta here with that p!ss poor logic.

Last edited by Mista Mizatti; 05-16-2006 at 08:36 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #88
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
 rippac4 said:
I think he uses alot of it as motivation to the ladies but alot of his comments are out of hand because him telling the one girl not to mess around is a little too much but I see his point but he needs to quit dissing all black men like that cause we're not all in jail because I know I takes care of my family

you didnt read the article. he specifically said he wasnt saying ALL blk males.
 12 years ago '04        #89
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
 BlazeA50 said:
.............:applause:

If you get offender by what he is saying, its apparent your the one he is talking about.

But dont think you are the only ones fu*kin up, we all are. But don't use that as an excuse.

:applause: co-sign.................
 12 years ago '04        #90
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
 Tha754kid said:
That's what pisses me off. He says it in a negative way.
why sugarcoat stuff for grown folks.
 12 years ago '04        #91
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
 fu*kingbastard said:
bill knows the truth ... the only way to stop getting hated on as a race is for black males to stop acting like jungle animals and show intelligence, accountability, obey laws, work hard, and be civil.

bill is not showing hatred, he's trying to help his race gain success and respect

co-sign..another person who understands

:applause:
 12 years ago '04        #92
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
 macadon83 said:
What you fail to realize is that, if he does not convey his message as harshly as he does, no one will even listen to him, nor would it get as much attention. We probably wouldn't even be discussing it now. He has to make it seem like a grave situation(which it is). If he's like "there are many black men doing their thing, and watch out for those that aren't", females will still be out there like "well, most n*ggaz aint like that," but the truth is, that the good n*ggaz are definitely the most minor of our minority.

He, and oprah's selfish a.ss need to speak to some black men as well though. But the black man's plight is much more difficult to address. If he corrects the females, maybe then n*ggaz will stand up because aint no intelligent women gonna want them.

them idiots will be the ones dead or in jail not him.

12 years ago '04        #93
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
 WePoFoSho said:
bill is right on the money alot of people just dont want to admit cuz who wants to admit they aren't doing what the should be. People who get mad at the truth should change the truth through their actions rather then opening up their mouths to complain about it.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
========================================
 05-16-2006, 09:57 PM         #94
yungblackgifted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Question: What does Bill Cosby give as a solution?
 12 years ago '04        #95
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
 yungblackgifted said:
Question: What does Bill Cosby give as a solution?
EXACTLY, bad mouthing the drop outs at a college doesn't help the drop outs. Instead of bad mouthing people maybe he could throw some money at those poor inner city schools that may use the money to stop some kids for dropping out.

Funny thing is that ALOT of the people agreeing with this quote

People who get mad at the truth should change the truth through their actions rather then opening up their mouths to complain about it.
Are the same people doing what the quote is talking about. What are yall doing besides talking sh*t about under achievers on the internet? What have YALL done to help out if you agree everything is so horrible? NOTHING? Thats what I thought....

And don't come back with some dumb sh*t like 'I graduated'. If you think its so bad then why didn't you become a tutor when you graduated? Yet yall are the first cats in these threads just READY to criticize someone. Maybe you should look in the mirror and criticize yourselves.

Now quote that

Last edited by Mista Mizatti; 05-16-2006 at 10:17 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #96
ppl4life 
space
space
$557 | Props total: 0 0
Bill has a point. It's 2006 and some folks have a mentality that should have been left in yester-year. You are responsible for you! Period. Take ownership and take charge and you will have everything you imagined and dreamed of. That is how I approach everyday and that is what I plan to pass on to my next generations. Bill shouldnt make such sweeping generalization of our race, true! Everyone of us is not a total lost, but the ones who are, surley outshine the ones who do in the media. And that is how our protrayl is going to go down in history, unless we each start with ourselves and effect the world that way. Agree with me or not! Thanks for your time reading my thoughts. Peace!
 05-16-2006, 10:16 PM         #97
yungblackgifted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also, One Thing I Must Add.....

Putting Money Into A Bag With A Hole In It kind of defeats the purpose.

Fix the problem then the money comes....
 05-16-2006, 10:24 PM         #98
divine5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know i ain't sh#t but I'm trying to get better. Bill ain't lying thow black women are leading our community now but it has always been like that with black people because Johnny Cracker has been trying to keep all black men locked up since slavery ended.
 12 years ago '04        #99
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 211 211
Im not really feelin this whole speech....the problem is really obvious why continue to point out tha problem why not try providing a solution to adressing the problem thats like watchin people fall in tha hole instead of telling them ways around the hole u tell em "theres a hole in tha ground"..I think what makes his speech seem so offensive is the fact that being very critical but he's being very critical without offering any reasons why other then black men are in jail and selling crack and hip hop is bad and he isnt really stating how this could be avoided
 12 years ago '04        #100
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 0 0
 Mista Mizatti said:
EXACTLY, bad mouthing the drop outs at a college doesn't help the drop outs. Instead of bad mouthing people maybe he could throw some money at those poor inner city schools that may use the money to stop some kids for dropping out.

Funny thing is that ALOT of the people agreeing with this quote

Are the same people doing what the quote is talking about. What are yall doing besides talking sh*t about under achievers on the internet? What have YALL done to help out if you agree everything is so horrible? NOTHING? Thats what I thought....

And don't come back with some dumb sh*t like 'I graduated'. If you think its so bad then why didn't you become a tutor when you graduated? Yet yall are the first cats in these threads just READY to criticize someone. Maybe you should look in the mirror and criticize yourselves.

Now quote that
Do you personally know me or anyone else on this board? No, you don't. You also don't know anything about what I (or anyone else on this board) does to help our community. I don't have to tell you I mentor to inner city children, help high school kids research about college and scholarships, and devote my time to worthy causes to help our community to voice my opinion on a message board. So don't catch feelings because the truth hurts. Maybe YOU should be the one looking in that mirror.

Last edited by BANKRO9; 05-16-2006 at 11:47 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago