most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

was he wrong or right for saying this

Props Slaps
 05-16-2006, 01:14 PM         #61
Creep06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 macadon83 said:
Its ignorant that people get upset when cosby says the truth. If it doesn't apply to you then dont worry, but if you believe that it doesn't apply to a great portion of our men, then you're ignorant.

Its good that he is telling them to do their thing and not worry about us. They are doing better than us right now, so they need to take charge and move forward and not be held back by the negativity that we promote. Too many strong blak women are held back because of some stupid n*gga. If they would just get together and work for it, they could make a big difference in the black community. Stop worrying about finding a man and focus on your goals and forge friendships with your sisters. Tahts exactly what my daughter will be learning.
I can respect that, but it applies to anyone who identifies as being a black man. Bill Cosby is wrong for advocating such a negative perception about black men. The men who are handling their biz also have to deal with this perception. It's not ignorance, evryone knows that what he is saying is true but the way that a person craftsa a message can make much of a difference.
He needs to do somethin about and so does the rest of us.
 12 years ago '04        #62
kingcrump 1 heat pts
space
space
$940 | Props total: 0 0
I dont know if anyone said anything, but it says that 70% of the black graduates are women, woman outnumber men in the first place, especially at colleges. In HBCU's its like 3 women for every man, so they should be 75% of the graduates.

But anyway Cosby means well (like others said) but he goes about things in a retard manner.
 12 years ago '04        #63
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 BANKRO9 said:
Are you saying DC is better off because it's the capital?????? Please tell me that's not what you're saying.
You two need to stop arguing over something so pathetic. Just a classic example of black ignorance. Bill Cosby is 100% correct!! I applaud the brother that posted that when the black mans next goal is to smash the next woman with the fattest a.ss is wrong. That just helps depict how our whole culture is fu*ked up. I'm in college and everytime I come home to the hood the first thing all my cousins and family members that arent sh*t ask me is, "u fu*k a lot of hoes." I'm sick of this sh*t. They dont ask me how were my grades or do you have a job, or how was school. Its always, how many hoes have you fu*ked. And to them this is a perfectly legitamite question. Most of the brothas that are in college to fu*k a lot of hoes, or in school for the wrong thing dont graduate. I'm glad I was able to mature and realize that there is so much more to life.....

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 05-16-2006 at 01:55 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #64
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Creep06 said:
I can respect that, but it applies to anyone who identifies as being a black man. Bill Cosby is wrong for advocating such a negative perception about black men. The men who are handling their biz also have to deal with this perception. It's not ignorance, evryone knows that what he is saying is true but the way that a person craftsa a message can make much of a difference.
True, but the reality is, is that black people as a whole has the perception to white america, or other ethnic groups as how Cosby explained and we keep living up to the stereotype. He is trying to motivate us all to try to change the way we live up to the stereotypes. There are more black men in prison that in college. There are more black thugs than business professionals. Their are more young black males that want to be athletes and rappers than CEOs, accountants, or lawyers. We all have a duty to our own. Thats why I'm going to be an accountant, to show my entire family especially little ones that you can be successful and have money without bouncing a ball, or selling drugs, or rapping.
 12 years ago '04        #65
Ca$trO 
space
space
$2,762 | Props total: 35 35
Its funny that some peeps are mad at Cosby...but the fact is he is 100% right

think about this...this is how most races are viewed by others, this may not be accurate but perception is a strong influence on how blacks are viewed.

chinese----known for electronics good math skills and focus
whites-----businessman, and capitalist
Indians/arabs--hard working, engineers doctors,
Blacks----sports, entertainment and crime drug dealers trouble makers

we as black man need to step our game up...we can't rely on sport, drugs and enterntainment because frankly we get no respect from that.... we need to be world leaders, business leaders and Doctors.....we need more role models more fathers for our children.......our else we will always be treated like second class citizens....anyways thats my 2 pennies spend it wisely
 12 years ago '04        #66
Ca$trO 
space
space
$2,762 | Props total: 35 35
 Creep06 said:
people already view us with a negitive precetion......we are the drug dealers the entertainers second class citizens....the few successful men that are doing their thing is the exception not the norm.....hence why the Cos is saying what he saying........when Cos, Opera, jessie jackson, al sharpton, general powell die who will replace them...jim jones....nelly puffy jayz? who are our next black leaders??? thats what the Cos is saying is who is gonna step up next.....????
 05-16-2006, 03:02 PM         #67
tha_ape 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bill Cosby was a HS dropout himself, he went to the Navy and got his GED. Later he got an athletic scholarship to Temple for football. I think he knows a little bit about the path some of these kids are traveling.

I'm not sayin he's right or wrong, but he knows what worked for him. We all like the hip-hop culture, hence why we're on the 'den. He's just tryin to say there are more important things to life than 'keepin it real' like some of these entertainers and youre more likely to be sucessful if you further yourself and not follow a song.
 12 years ago '04        #68
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 0 0
 VerballyAbusive said:
You two need to stop arguing over something so pathetic. Just a classic example of black ignorance. Bill Cosby is 100% correct!! I applaud the brother that posted that when the black mans next goal is to smash the next woman with the fattest a.ss is wrong. That just helps depict how our whole culture is fu*ked up. I'm in college and everytime I come home to the hood the first thing all my cousins and family members that arent sh*t ask me is, "u fu*k a lot of hoes." I'm sick of this sh*t. They dont ask me how were my grades or do you have a job, or how was school. Its always, how many hoes have you fu*ked. And to them this is a perfectly legitamite question. Most of the brothas that are in college to fu*k a lot of hoes, or in school for the wrong thing dont graduate. I'm glad I was able to mature and realize that there is so much more to life.....
You obviously haven't read any of our comments if you think we're actually arguing over my question about DC being better off b/c it's the capital.
 12 years ago '04        #69
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 0 0
 Ca$trO said:
people already view us with a negitive precetion......we are the drug dealers the entertainers second class citizens....the few successful men that are doing their thing is the exception not the norm.....hence why the Cos is saying what he saying........when Cos, Opera, jessie jackson, al sharpton, general powell die who will replace them...jim jones....nelly puffy jayz? who are our next black leaders??? thats what the Cos is saying is who is gonna step up next.....????
Good points.
 05-16-2006, 03:14 PM         #70
WePoFoSho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bill is right on the money alot of people just dont want to admit cuz who wants to admit they aren't doing what the should be. People who get mad at the truth should change the truth through their actions rather then opening up their mouths to complain about it.
 05-16-2006, 03:49 PM         #71
bdboy04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I DID NOT READ EVERYBODYS REPLY TO THE ARTICLE BUT LET ME PUT THIS SIMPLE ITS UP TO U TO SUCEED ITS UP TO U TO GO GET IT ITS UP TO U TO BECOME SOMETHING/SOME BLACK FOLKS ARE HAPPY WITH WERE THERE ARE NOW. I DONT KNOW SOME FOLKS FEEL LIKE LIFE IS HOPELESS SO THEY TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT LISTEN ANYTHING EARN EASY IS SOMETIMES NOT GOOD/BLACKLEADERS ARE NEEDED IN TODAYS SOCIETY MALES AND FEMALES
WE ARE DROPPIN THE BATON OUR FOREFATHERS HANDED OFF TO US

BILL I AGREE WITH YOU SOMETIMES THESE are one of those times
 12 years ago '05        #72
rippac4 
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 1050 1050
people that complain about Cosby's comments look around you, the black people in our neighborhood, most of the teenagers because I don't know about everyone else but where I'm from I'm ashamed of them because they have no respect for themselves or anyone else they are loud, rude & don't think about there future they think about stupid sh*t so for that I see where his comments come from but he's addressing the black women talking down on the brothers but at the same time sisters are not angels themselves & I hope he later address men about the women also
 12 years ago '04        #73
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Ca$trO said:
Its funny that some peeps are mad at Cosby...but the fact is he is 100% right

think about this...this is how most races are viewed by others, this may not be accurate but perception is a strong influence on how blacks are viewed.

chinese----known for electronics good math skills and focus
whites-----businessman, and capitalist
Indians/arabs--hard working, engineers doctors,
Blacks----sports, entertainment and crime drug dealers trouble makers

we as black man need to step our game up...we can't rely on sport, drugs and enterntainment because frankly we get no respect from that.... we need to be world leaders, business leaders and Doctors.....we need more role models more fathers for our children.......our else we will always be treated like second class citizens....anyways thats my 2 pennies spend it wisely
Props
 12 years ago '04        #74
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
We all obviosuly are all educated and its people like us who need to preach to our peers to make a difference
 12 years ago '05        #75
couplewords 
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 0 0
he's doing right....regular motivation doesn't work for us does it...
 12 years ago '04        #76
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 Twelveinchez said:
fu*k bill cosby...him and oprah same 2 me- they degrade young black men instead of inspiring or motivating...fuk em' both
He's basically saying Black Men need to get they sh*t together, isn't that motivation?
 05-16-2006, 05:29 PM         #77
bones06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DTP said:
I find myself agreeing with just about everything Cosby said. I have a feeling most of the people that get so fired up by him are the ones he's talking about.

Fvck, I wish he would've spoken at my graduation.
True.

You can't sit around using excuses and expect a change. If you really wanted life in the hood to change you would find ways to make it happen. But people become complacent and allow external sources to control how you live. If people are not striving to educate themselves and not striving to be the best they can be at whatever they do then how can they get mad. If we don't stop planting seeds and not raising are children the right way how can you complain. If you and that girl don't see Eye to Eye you still have a responsibility to see that child is being all they can be. Thats how things change..... By Trying until you've tried it all and then you keep trying!
 12 years ago '04        #78
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,902 | Props total: 833 833
 chardonnay said:
man, i pretty much love bill but im getting sick of all this hatred he has towards black people....hes constantly doing it...1
I feel the same way you do. He makes alot of valid point but it's gotten to the point that he's always humiliating black males in all his public addresses. There are as many if not more white, hispanic, etc., dead beat dads so why keep putting us down. I think he needs to address the issue in general and not point his finger so much at the BLACK male.

BTW, I am a black male. I am not a father just yet but when I do have kids, I'm gonna make damn sure to take care of them, like my pops took care of me. Yes BILL COSBY, there are still some good black males out there

Last edited by Tha754kid; 05-16-2006 at 05:39 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #79
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
I agree with Bill on many of the things he says, but this man is horrible at conveying messages

You have to let people know that you care first, he sounds more like a disgruntled old man than someone who legitimately cares about the welfare of the people. The change is not gonna come from someone standing atop a soap box talking down to his people. All he's doing is creating deaf ears

You look at almost every other black speaker, they speak with love for the people and they speak as one of the people. Bill Cosby has always given me the impression that he only talks because black people make him look bad, that's one negative a.ss dude

Instead of trying to help the people he destroys his brother

Last edited by Rufus The Stunt; 05-16-2006 at 05:38 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #80
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,902 | Props total: 833 833
 Rufus The Stunt said:
You have to let people know that you care first, he sounds more like a disgruntled old man than someone who legitimately cares about the welfare of the people. The change is not gonna come from someone standing atop a soap box talking down to his people. All he's doing is creating deaf ears

You look at almost every other black speaker, they speak with love for the people and they speak as one of the people. Bill Cosby has always given me the impression that he only talks because black people make him look bad, that's one negative a.ss dude

Instead of trying to help the people he destroys his brother
That's what pisses me off. He says it in a negative way.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago