May 16 - COSBY AIRS OUT BLACK MEN AT SPELMAN GRADUATION

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

was he wrong or right for saying this

Props Slaps
 05-16-2006, 11:15 AM         #21
Street Novelist 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bill Cosby is a great man.He has always meant well. He is just using an unorthodox approach for inspiring young black brothas.
 05-16-2006, 11:16 AM         #22
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Creep06 said:
Bill Cosby is makes a good pont point but his perspective on the situation is fuk*d up. He is a black man himself...if he doesn't remeber. He is supposed to be a role model, he should be uplifting us. Not putting us down. WTF has Bill Cosby sone for the black community. He needs to take a look at himself before he speaks to any of us about how we live.

^^^thank you bill comes from the hood just like the majority of the black men that are causing these problems. but its not just black men its black people we as a hole have to come together. even those that are making the big bucks these motha fu*kas have to come back to take care of there hood. sh*t it doent take much to do so...motha fu*kas think its all about money but its not really its about community programs and the community working together
 12 years ago '04        #23
DTP 
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 0 0
I find myself agreeing with just about everything Cosby said. I have a feeling most of the people that get so fired up by him are the ones he's talking about.

Fvck, I wish he would've spoken at my graduation.
 05-16-2006, 11:22 AM         #24
34klub 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo if you take it personal then you are probably one of the people he is talking about. We all need to step our game up. We do not need for Bill to hold our hands and tell us oh you are doing good when you ain't. For I got a lot of homeys and even family members who do absolutely nothing with themselves and when you talk to them they put the blame on other people what they don't have. Yall get mad when Bill decides to say some real sh*t.

And I still buy Jell-O:D
 12 years ago '04        #25
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,867 | Props total: 67 67
i never liked bill, he's a hypocrite and has a lot of hidden agendas, but that doesn't mean we can't take any truth from the things that he's saying.
 05-16-2006, 11:22 AM         #26
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Street Novelist said:
Bill Cosby is a great man.He has always meant well. He is just using an unorthodox approach for inspiring young black brothas.

^^^I thought it was just me but hey to each there own u know...i think bill cosby just lost touch with his people. now if jim brown would have said that then that would be different. jim brown gets mad respect with bloods and crips and have turned more black male lives around then Bill Cosby will ever turn! he's over rated and i think he's doing more of a diservice then good
for black people he's dividing us
 05-16-2006, 11:27 AM         #27
TRiL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well Bill is speakin' some truth because we (and I mean Black men) do need to stand up and make a change for the way that we are living... BUT... I dont want to hear this sh*t from a man who constantly cheats on his wife and has illegitimate kids from different women... I mean cmon why would I listen to a man who cheats on his wife of over 30 some odd years with some Canadian woman... If you gon preach to people make sure your rap sheet is clean first...

Last edited by TRiL; 05-16-2006 at 11:29 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #28
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 0 0
 VLmoney said:
but if your not building more kids up to get those scholarships then what are u doing? absolutley nothing! if the school systems are bad and the nieghborhoods are poor and crime is high and the hiv rate is crazy how do u think your gonna get enough people to get those scholarships! and yo really only the smart smart mother fu*kas is getting those scholarships i went to school and the only n*ggas that get that are super smart. UB is a big a.ss school enrollment is like 20,000 so when a small school gets donations like that yeah it may seem like a lot of money but its not. it may look as though he's doing so much but he's really not. its a good tax right off for dude. im not saying he doesnt have the right intentions but what im saying is that his approach is fu*kED UP! do u think motha fu*kas in the hood hood is reading this sh*t. me i live smack dab in the fu*kin hood a 6 year old got robbed at the fu*kin play ground my daughter,son nieces and nephew goes to! Do u think the n*ggas that robbed that kid know what the fu*k bill cosby is talking about??? fu*k NO so why dont he bring his cosby show a.ss down here wit me and we can get some sh*t done
Building them up? The problem is their priorities are in the wrong order. Why is the HIV rate high? Who's going around fu*king everything with 2 legs and not using a condom? Why is the crime rate high? Who's shooting and k!lling each other over stupid sh*t? Instead of picking-up that gun, why don't they pick-up a shovel and help build a new playground for the same 6 year old you mentioned?? Only the super smart kids get scholarships??? No, how about the hard working, went to class instead of cutting, got off of their a.ss, and stopped making excuses kids got those scholarships. Yes, there are some smart kids that don't have to work as hard for scholarships. BUT, the majority of people who get scholarships actually apply effort. You can't just sit on your a.ss and think somebody is going to drop a scholarship in your hand when you don't even attempt to do homework. Heck, a lot of scholarships aren't even used because people are too damn lazy to even apply. I know coming up in poverty is hard, but I'm sick and tired of people using that as an excuse. The same way parents can get the money to blow on a $150 pair of J's, they can apply the same effort to starting a college fund for their kid. Cosby is just saying a lot of stuff people just don't want to hear because it's harsh. He can say it a graduation or say it in your hood. The fact will still remain that once he says it, it will still be up to people to take responsibility for their situation and do something to improve it.
 05-16-2006, 11:31 AM         #29
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 34klub said:
yo if you take it personal then you are probably one of the people he is talking about. We all need to step our game up. We do not need for Bill to hold our hands and tell us oh you are doing good when you ain't. For I got a lot of homeys and even family members who do absolutely nothing with themselves and when you talk to them they put the blame on other people what they don't have. Yall get mad when Bill decides to say some real sh*t.

And I still buy Jell-O:D

no i take it personaly dude because i live in the society in which the fu*k is down playing like the fu*kin answer is so simple. yeah its soo easy for a rich house negro to get on stage and say black men step up. fu*k outta her n*gga im about to be marreid got two kids live with the mother and im bussin my a.ss everyday. so fu*k u talkin about see thats what bill cosby is doing he can only speak to those who has it good u know they will relate to his uncle tom a.ss better and be quick to point the finger wit him. but all im sayin dude is that its not that easy
 12 years ago '04        #30
Tabasco 
space
space
$414 | Props total: 12 12
Yeah cosby is speaking the truth but its not like its something that all of us arent already well aware of Cosby keep talking and talking I aint seen him do sh*t yet...so basically don't talk about it be about it!
 05-16-2006, 11:35 AM         #31
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BANKRO9 said:
Building them up? The problem is their priorities are in the wrong order. Why is the HIV rate high? Who's going around fu*king everything with 2 legs and not using a condom? Why is the crime rate high? Who's shooting and k!lling each other over stupid sh*t? Instead of picking-up that gun, why don't they pick-up a shovel and help build a new playground for the same 6 year old you mentioned?? Only the super smart kids get scholarships??? No, how about the hard working, went to class instead of cutting, got off of their a.ss, and stopped making excuses kids got those scholarships. Yes, there are some smart kids that don't have to work as hard for scholarships. BUT, the majority of people who get scholarships actually apply effort. You can't just sit on your a.ss and think somebody is going to drop a scholarship in your hand when you don't even attempt to do homework. Heck, a lot of scholarships aren't even used because people are too damn lazy to even apply. I know coming up in poverty is hard, but I'm sick and tired of people using that as an excuse. The same way parents can get the money to blow on a $150 pair of J's, they can apply the same effort to starting a college fund for their kid. Cosby is just saying a lot of stuff people just don't want to hear because it's harsh. He can say it a graduation or say it in your hood. The fact will still remain that once he says it, it will still be up to people to take responsibility for their situation and do something to improve it.

^^^YO WHO IS THIS DUDE??? WHERE DO U LIVE AND WHO DO U KNOW THAT IS IN THOSE SITUATIONS??? IM GONNA ANSWER ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS WITH A SHORTER THREAD THEN U JUST WROTE. SCHOOL SYSTEMS SUCK TEACHERS DO NOT GO HARD WITH TEACHING OR a.ssUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE KIDS. CANT BUILD A PLAYGROUND WITH OUT MONEY.CANT PREVENT HIV WITHOUT EDUCATION, AND IF THE TEACHERS ARENT TEACHING IT IN SCHOOL THEN THEY WONT LEARN. IF THE WHITE MAN DOESNT GIVE U A JOB BECAUSE U DROPED OUT CANT FEED YOURSELF WITHOUT DOING WHAT U HAVE TO DO. ITS NOT THAT EASY HOMEY SORRY I THINK MOTHA fu*kAS LIKE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM U POINT THE FINGER AND THINK sh*t IS SIMPLE BUT ITS NOT. BUT U AINT FROM THERE THEN U DONT KNOW SO WE DONT NEED TO SPEAK ANYMORE
 12 years ago '04        #32
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
 Creep06 said:
Bill Cosby is makes a good pont point but his perspective on the situation is fuk*d up. He is a black man himself...if he doesn't remeber. He is supposed to be a role model, he should be uplifting us. Not putting us down. WTF has Bill Cosby sone for the black community. He needs to take a look at himself before he speaks to any of us about how we live.
Would you prefer him to say "Black America is in good shape and despite the fact that almost 40% of Black men between the age of 17-25 are in jail or prison, we're in good shape! Let's keep up the good work Black America??"
I'd rather hear him tell some people the plain truth instead of sugarcoating sh*t. We are WELL past the coddling and worrying about feelings stage in our race. If the sh*t he says makes people mad, good. Maybe they'll actually get up and do something to help improve things. And I've got a better question for you: What have the Black males that are in prison and jail done for the Black community and their families??
 05-16-2006, 11:39 AM         #33
Dim Thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can appreciate Bill Cosby's position, because self-empowerment and responsibility are crucial elements of a successful community. But I think most people are too far on one side or another: "It's all personal responsibility...you have no one but yourself to blame!" or "It's not my fault...it's society/the white man/the gov't./the media/etc. holding me back!" I think both perspectives are incomplete. Cornel West has pointed out that we need both personal responsibility AND a change of environment/society to change things. So Cosby is right, but he's only addressing half of the problem.

05-16-2006, 11:42 AM         #34
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BANKRO9 said:
Would you prefer him to say "Black America is in good shape and despite the fact that almost 40% of Black men between the age of 17-25 are in jail or prison, we're in good shape! Let's keep up the good work Black America??"
I'd rather hear him tell some people the plain truth instead of sugarcoating sh*t. We are WELL past the coddling and worrying about feelings stage in our race. If the sh*t he says makes people mad, good. Maybe they'll actually get up and do something to help improve things. And I've got a better question for you: What have the Black males that are in prison and jail done for the Black community and their families??

^^^^See dudes like this gets me upset....if u dont know what you are talking about then shut the fu*k up! See its Bill Cosby and i think dudes be star struck and sh*t! i could debate wit bill cosby because i have a better knowlege about the struggle of MY PEOPLE. and rich black men most of them really do not know anything about our people unless they read it in the paper. if u fu*ks think its that easy to break something that has been going on since BILL was young then your wrong. Its easy for this dude to get up and say what he says. but yo these kids programs is getting cut left and right by goverment there is no mistake that blacks over populate the system. so how do u counter that u look at the kids and bring them up with something those in the system dont have and that is programs and education and also a society that will allow them to make it. Motha fu*kas think n*ggas who are in jail are stupid and that they dont have a story or reason for what they do,, some do have a side that is important its not just there fault its n*ggas like bill cosby fault as well. and all he's doing is pointing the finger.
 05-16-2006, 11:45 AM         #35
sadick21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mad propz
 05-16-2006, 11:46 AM         #36
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dim Thug said:
I can appreciate Bill Cosby's position, because self-empowerment and responsibility are crucial elements of a successful community. But I think most people are too far on one side or another: "It's all personal responsibility...you have no one but yourself to blame!" or "It's not my fault...it's society/the white man/the gov't./the media/etc. holding me back!" I think both perspectives are incomplete. Cornel West has pointed out that we need both personal responsibility AND a change of environment/society to change things. So Cosby is right, but he's only addressing half of the problem.

thats why i think cornell west is so real cuz he addresses the whole problem not just part of it. ppl say stop the violence (thats only one part of it) school systems bad (thats only one part of it) you need a change in mentality, a change in parenting, a change in responsibility, a change in goals, a change whats good and wats not, a change in the environment, you need 2 change evrything about urself 4 the better 2 be successful.
 05-16-2006, 11:47 AM         #37
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dim Thug said:

^^^your right but there is also a difference between addressing and blaiming. also if your not there you wont understand ive been on both sides the successful and the poverty struck. right now im live in a nieghborhood that has the hieghst crime rate in ny state. the third highest hiv aids rate in the country and this city is only home to roughly 150,000 people. so for someone to speak and attempt to use facts in his speaches that are tottaly wrong offends people like me. i know from right and wrong however if u dont know anyone in that postion you wont know the other side and what they want. see when your in bill cosby's position making a change in your life is soooo much easier. for others its too hard to control and change and thats what people dont understand.
 12 years ago '04        #38
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
 VLmoney said:
Its not complaing first of all its called reality! obviously u dont know anything about reality. i dont know where u live or where u come from but i live in this sh*t every fu*kin day. poverty means everything you listed but its also a reality! its a cycle that needs to be broken and for n*ggas to get up on websites to applaud a n*gga that aint did sh*t for the hood! makes no sense to me...Its easy for n*ggas like u to say stop complaining and shape up but motha fu*ka do u know how hard it is for a motha fu*ka to feed the family? do u know how hard it is for a kid to know that both there mother and there father aint sh*t? its not just with black men its the community period. until n*ggas like bill come back and put money there first! because thats where he came from....problems with black men will still keep going. dont point the finger and blame one race its harder for black men as it is with white people let alone u got house negros on stage at a college graduation talkin sh*t about them. come to my hood and say that sh*t to my face then you will see what goes on around here
Man you live in Rochester, NY. I live in D.C. and I know sh*t ain't no worse in Rochester than it is in D.C. So don't tell me about not knowing about reality and not living in it. The only way the cycle will get broken is if people stop fu*king complaining and bi*ching about their sad state and take steps to do something about it. Example: bad schools? You don't know how many times I've heard about kids not having books or supplies for homework. Ok, fine. So do you sit on your a.ss and complain about reality and not do your homework and fall through the cracks? No, first of all, your parents should be man or woman enough to start calling and harrassing the hell out of the school officials until something is done. In the meantime, Lil Johnny can get his a.ss in a library with Lil Kenny who has a book and they work together. But our people won't do that because it takes too much effort. It's easier for them to talk about hard it is for them to do something. People can keep having kids, but can't take their a.ss to a PTA meeting to see what it'll take to get Lil Johnny through school. And those same 3 guys with scholarships are from the hood. So don't tell me Cosby doesn't go back and help in the hood. The problem is people like him go back and face people like you who make excuses instead of contributing a helping hand. And that doesn't mean you have to contribute money. Volunteer, help a kid study, mentor a kid. Do something besides complain about your "reality" and shooting the messenger for delivering a message a lot of people need to hear.
 12 years ago '04        #39
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
 DTP said:
.......I have a feeling most of the people that get so fired up by him are the ones he's talking about.
EXACTLY!!!
 05-16-2006, 11:59 AM         #40
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BANKRO9 said:
Man you live in Rochester, NY. I live in D.C. and I know sh*t ain't no worse in Rochester than it is in D.C. So don't tell me about not knowing about reality and not living in it. The only way the cycle will get broken is if people stop fu*king complaining and bi*ching about their sad state and take steps to do something about it. Example: bad schools? You don't know how many times I've heard about kids not having books or supplies for homework. Ok, fine. So do you sit on your a.ss and complain about reality and not do your homework and fall through the cracks? No, first of all, your parents should be man or woman enough to start calling and harrassing the hell out of the school officials until something is done. In the meantime, Lil Johnny can get his a.ss in a library with Lil Kenny who has a book and they work together. But our people won't do that because it takes too much effort. It's easier for them to talk about hard it is for them to do something. People can keep having kids, but can't take their a.ss to a PTA meeting to see what it'll take to get Lil Johnny through school. And those same 3 guys with scholarships are from the hood. So don't tell me Cosby doesn't go back and help in the hood. The problem is people like him go back and face people like you who make excuses instead of contributing a helping hand. And that doesn't mean you have to contribute money. Volunteer, help a kid study, mentor a kid. Do something besides complain about your "reality" and shooting the messenger for delivering a message a lot of people need to hear.

i think he was talkin bout PER CAPITA wise. yea D.C. might hav more incident but quota wise according to the # of ppl that live there his could be alot higher. like the city i frequent Orangebug, SC PER CAPITA had some of the highest crime rate in the country 2 years ago beating NY by a long shot.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now