May 16 - COSBY AIRS OUT BLACK MEN AT SPELMAN GRADUATION

most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

was he wrong or right for saying this

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 12 years ago '04        #181
AlSween 
space
space
$1,386 | Props total: 26 26
 shaolinmaster said:
Let's keep in mind...

1. Bill Cosby is not a leader for African-Amercians.He is an entertainer, not a leader. Real leadership for African-Americans died with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

2. Bill Cosby came from a fatherless home. Unlike myself, he did not grow up with his dad. Therefore, he "feels" that a woman is supposed to take a man's role in the household. Absolute crap! (e.g. If you watch old episodes of The Cosby Show, his wife always had the final say and always outsmarted him).

At the end of the day, Bill Cosby's comments do not bother me. What does bother me is that he feels that African-American men as so useless that they cannot lead and stand up in their communities.
i think cosby is saying that black men don't more than can't. and it pisses me off when i see women with potential gravitate to those men that don't.
 12 years ago '04        #182
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
 AlSween said:
if ur not ignant like he says then don't get offended. but since there is a large amount that are and defend their ignorance it deserves to be bashed. real black ppl hat zzzzzzs.

most of u ppl probably have parents who are mid 30s or not much higher. a parent that was born around 1950 don't raise kids that do the stuff that cosby is complaining about. and what is ppl's rebuttal to protect ignorance "well bill cosby isn't perfect so don't listen to him". that's bull. there's no more discipline from parents or any kind of morals. ppl worship cooning and being "hood". sorry it is all and good to represent where u r from for i know many of 50+ ppl who tell me about how they grew up poor. not today poor where ppl have welfare but poor where u don't have indoor plumbing. there was more pride in black ppl b4. my parents always tell me i have to be twice as good as the next man b/c life isn't fair and what im finding is that the younger these parents of kids that are around 20 now are the more they raise their kids to complain and blame other ppl for their problems. but back on the whole "hood" thing. i swear it's become the best thing in the world to be gangsta. think about rap for a second...i love hip hop but why is it so important to prove street credibility rather than credibility period. i shouldn't applaud somebody for rapping about k!lling off his whole community then diss the next dude b/c he makes a song about having fun or even a song pointing out that ignorance.

just defending being ignorant is ignorant and people who do that are worst than racists in my opinion. they cause a lot more harm b/c they are like spys working undercover just to sabotage.
You deserve so much props. Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm living proof of your opinion. My dad who is 59 and mom 55 grew up super poor, in a shack. Worst than any project housing. Now we are upper middle class and I graduate from college next May. Out of four children i'm the youngest and last one to graduate from college. Pretty good not just to be a black family but for any family. When I was younger, pre-college times, and searching for myself I wanted to fit in with the "thug" hip hop culture cuz thats the type of friends and secondary family I had. To fit in with the "in" crowd it was cool to be a bad boy. Now, I look at the thug image in pity! Black on black crime is rediculous and these rappers keep on boasting about the same ole garbage! BET is so destructive to our own, its unbelievable they can show the videos they show without thinking twice! Times have changed for the worst and we have went backwards. SMH.

When my dad grew up, in Chicago, there wasn't nearly as much black on black crime as their is today. He was an extremely hard worker and shows that you can come from nothin. He stuck with my mother "married 33 years" I jus wish there were more blacks with the same mindset as him. Blacks would be in a way better position.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 05-29-2006 at 08:44 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #183
canyouremember 
space
space
$724 | Props total: 0 0
 VLmoney said:
its an uncle tom with a lot of money that feels he's better then those who are still struggling. why give all that money to a school for those who made it why not make it easier for those who can grow up knowing they will be able to go to college? fu*k bill cosby
I think a lot of people need to watch Uncle Tom's Cabin he actually helped his family

A lot of what he is speaking is the truth and the truth hurts. He did not say all black men he said that this year alone 70% of the graduating class is women. Do I believe that his choice of venues are appropriate? At times yes and at times no. Mr Cosby is getting older and frustrated with the state of black america. He is a part of the generation that got their a.ss whipped or k!lled for looking at a white woman. SO hell yeah I sould be mad because of how far we have come and now all we are doing is taking steps backwards .

In these days in time anyone can go to college. I dont think he should give the money to them but educate them on how to get the scholarships and how to take out the loans. Majority of my college education was funded by a loan because my parents could not afford it. You can feed a man with fish for days but you can teach him how to fish and he can eat for a lifetime.

I think its time for not only our black men but our black women to take resonsibilies for their futures.

Believe me I do understand the nature of a system that does not want you because the color of your skin but you have to show them that you are an exception to their beliefs.
 12 years ago '04        #184
memyselfni 9 heat pts OP
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
 shaolinmaster said:
Let's keep in mind...

1. Bill Cosby is not a leader for African-Amercians.He is an entertainer, not a leader. Real leadership for African-Americans died with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

2. Bill Cosby came from a fatherless home. Unlike myself, he did not grow up with his dad. Therefore, he "feels" that a woman is supposed to take a man's role in the household. Absolute crap! (e.g. If you watch old episodes of The Cosby Show, his wife always had the final say and always outsmarted him).

At the end of the day, Bill Cosby's comments do not bother me. What does bother me is that he feels that African-American men as so useless that they cannot lead and stand up in their communities.

look at the community, and then ask yourself are the blk males u see fit to lead it. the ones i see daily on my way to work will only lead someone to jail, with more kids, but not to anything positive.
 12 years ago '06        #185
shedrick 
space
space
$346 | Props total: 0 0
damn,bill is getting too real for us, alot of truth came out along with frustration and blunt statements
 05-29-2006, 08:57 PM         #186
jerseycapo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mega said:
I've had several discussions with people where they essentially agree with what he said, because I remember previous discussions. However they don't care for his "attack" on a segment of our community, so they feel the need to defend them. They feel the need to run to the aid of the voiceless. Just like you have people like Michael Eric Dyson, who agree, but then again don't...because of his delivery. A lot of people don't have much of a say in their condition, they are raised in poverty and a lack of education for generations and it just keeps getting passed down. That's what their parents learned, so it's a neverending sycle. They aren't given the same opportunities. So it's a lot of other things you can complain about other than the fu*ked up parents and kids, because all the time it just isn't personal responsibility. What about blaming the education and prison system or the government. Sometimes people need a extended hand rather than a slap on the back. Seems to me that he picked the easiest target.

ON POINT!! and alot of people especially the ones who are not familiar or was raise i n that enviroment don't realize the disadvantages you face coming outta that enviroment.
 12 years ago '05        #187
egangsta 1 heat pts
space
space
$799 | Props total: 27 27
 Twelveinchez said:
fu*k bill cosby...him and oprah same 2 me- they degrade young black men instead of inspiring or motivating...fuk em' both

as fuked up as it sounds I must agree
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy