Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
29 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

was he wrong or right for saying this

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #1
7383 pageviews
191 comments

memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
May 16 - COSBY AIRS OUT BLACK MEN AT SPELMAN GRADUATION

*Bill Cosby held nothing back during his speech Sunday to the graduating class of Spelman College, an historically black college for women nestled in Atlanta, GA.

"You have to know that it is time for you all to take charge," Cosby said. "You have to seriously see yourselves not as the old women where the men stood in front and you all stood behind, because the men, most of them are in prison."

Added Cosby: "It is time for you to pick up the pace and lead because the men are not there. They're not there and every one of you young women know it.”

When one of the 500 members of the graduating class accepted her diploma, Cosby said, "there's no time for you to fool around anymore. …You've got to [get serious] because our race depends upon you and your sisters graduating all across the United States to realize that what's left is you."

Cosby, 68, said he realized that part of his speech would not go over well among many in the audience.

"I'm going to speak to these young women about taking charge and I know it's going to be fearful and it's going to tweak a lot of things," he told The a.ssociated Press in an interview before the ceremony. "They have to because it's in their lives and it's real. It is there. They are going to be needed to protect the legacy that is good."

Cosby told the graduates that the same male students who are dropping out of high school "have memorized the lyrics of very difficult rap songs. …And they know how to send their sperm cells out and then walk away from the responsibility of something called fatherhood."

Cosby said his comments were not directed to all black males, but noted that 70 percent of black graduates this year are female.

"Who's running the show?" Cosby asked. "It appears that the male is, but I have news for you. It's your turn. We want you to lead in business. We want you to lead in medicine. We want you to lead in everything."

In 1987 Cosby and his wife, Camille, gave a $20 million gift to Spelman, which is celebrating its 125th anniversary this year. The Camille Olivia Hanks Cosby Academic Center on the campus opened in 1996.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur26386.cfm

191 comments for "May 16 - COSBY AIRS OUT BLACK MEN AT SPELMAN GRADUATION"

12 years ago '04        #2
soulof585 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,727 | Props total: 92 92
he's not lieing...we need to step our game up.
 12 years ago '05        #3
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
I think he uses alot of it as motivation to the ladies but alot of his comments are out of hand because him telling the one girl not to mess around is a little too much but I see his point but he needs to quit dissing all black men like that cause we're not all in jail because I know I takes care of my family
 05-16-2006, 10:03 AM         #4
codeine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man, i pretty much love bill but im getting sick of all this hatred he has towards black people....hes constantly doing it...1
 05-16-2006, 10:08 AM         #5
DJT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chardonnay said:
man, i pretty much love bill but im getting sick of all this hatred he has towards black people....hes constantly doing it...1
Is it hatred or frustration? I think he's just fed up with the B.S... I know i am...

Peace
 05-16-2006, 10:15 AM         #6
Twelveinchez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k bill cosby...him and oprah same 2 me- they degrade young black men instead of inspiring or motivating...fuk em' both

Last edited by Twelveinchez; 05-16-2006 at 10:17 AM..
 05-16-2006, 10:28 AM         #7
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he means good, but i dont like the way he does. u dont do that. i mean honestly the only thing cosby has done is give money. how many kids has he taken under his wing personally 2 help.
 05-16-2006, 10:28 AM         #8
fuckingbastard 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bill knows the truth ... the only way to stop getting hated on as a race is for black males to stop acting like jungle animals and show intelligence, accountability, obey laws, work hard, and be civil.

bill is not showing hatred, he's trying to help his race gain success and respect
 12 years ago '04        #9
Myworld82 
space
space
$2,586 | Props total: 110 110
i think he means well, but he says it the wrong way...but he has given a lot back to the community, that you can say...he's probably just given up on us, so he's gonna be blunt about it. can't blame him for being mad.
 05-16-2006, 10:43 AM         #10
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo im sick of this dude Bill Cosby and his trying to basically blame everyone else but his fu*kin generation and the one before him. we only learn from what our ancestors have taught us. and i tell u what by me watching the fu*kin cosby show did not teach me sh*t about the fu*kin hood were everything goes on. its easy for this n*gga to get up there and say basically black men and black parents aint sh*t or aint doin sh*t. but i tell you what you dont see this motha fu*ka in the hood doin that fu*kin speach. come to my fu*kin hood and talk to the people here fu*k go to the hardest hit neighborhood and up lift those communities. its easy for a n*gga to get on stage and voice his dislikes about black families and black men and women. ffu*k my name aint bill cosby and i can do that sh*t. My point is people need to be responsible for themselves Bill Cosby is definatley not responsible for black people. i dont think blacks take him seriously because he's rich and he doesnt have to worry about hearing gun shots and he doesnt know why the black community is the way it is. ITS CALLED POVERTY MOTHER fu*kA I HOPE YOU HEAR THIS! fu*k cosby
 12 years ago '04        #11
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 0 0
 rippac4 said:
I think he uses alot of it as motivation to the ladies but alot of his comments are out of hand because him telling the one girl not to mess around is a little too much but I see his point but he needs to quit dissing all black men like that cause we're not all in jail because I know I takes care of my family

Cosby said his comments were not directed to all black males, but noted that 70 percent of black graduates this year are female.
I don't think he was talking about guys like you. He's talking about the individuals that are bringing our race down and can't seem to get it together. Some of the same individuals who have no problem quoting Young Jeezy or 50, but can't even graduate from high school.
 12 years ago '04        #12
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
 billieskeet said:
he means good, but i dont like the way he does. u dont do that. i mean honestly the only thing cosby has done is give money. how many kids has he taken under his wing personally 2 help.
Actually, he's done a lot more than give money. He just chooses not to publicize it like some celebrities which I can appreciate. For example, I know for a fact, there are 3 guys currently attending my alma mater on full scholarships because of Cosby.
 05-16-2006, 10:50 AM         #13
YouA!readyKno 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Preach!

:applause:
 05-16-2006, 10:50 AM         #14
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJT said:
Is it hatred or frustration? I think he's just fed up with the B.S... I know i am...

Peace

its an uncle tom with a lot of money that feels he's better then those who are still struggling. why give all that money to a school for those who made it why not make it easier for those who can grow up knowing they will be able to go to college? fu*k bill cosby
 12 years ago '04        #15
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
 fu*kingbastard said:
bill knows the truth ... the only way to stop getting hated on as a race is for black males to stop acting like jungle animals and show intelligence, accountability, obey laws, work hard, and be civil.

bill is not showing hatred, he's trying to help his race gain success and respect
I concur.
 12 years ago '06        #16
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2329 2329
 Myworld82 said:
i think he means well, but he says it the wrong way...but he has given a lot back to the community, that you can say...he's probably just given up on us, so he's gonna be blunt about it. can't blame him for being mad.
What other way is there to say it?....n*ggaSalways hate to get called out for they sh*t...I'm guilty too...It's time we stop living down to being a n*gga & live up to being BLACKMEN!!!...starts with each individual accepting responsibility for their life, not passing out blame and giving excuses...the history of this country clearly shows that we won't be considered an equal until we come to the table with our affairs in order...they have never showed an inclination toward making amends for the transgressions of their forfathers...same deeds that made this country rich & powerful, led to the continual subjectification of a people, that exists today...no one will hand us sh*t, we gotta take it...can't happen til we take the responsibility on our shoulders & MAN UP, to rekindle the flame of leadership for our people...IMO
 12 years ago '04        #17
BANKRO9 
space
space
space
 VLmoney said:
Yo im sick of this dude Bill Cosby and his trying to basically blame everyone else but his fu*kin generation and the one before him. we only learn from what our ancestors have taught us. and i tell u what by me watching the fu*kin cosby show did not teach me sh*t about the fu*kin hood were everything goes on. its easy for this n*gga to get up there and say basically black men and black parents aint sh*t or aint doin sh*t. but i tell you what you dont see this motha fu*ka in the hood doin that fu*kin speach. come to my fu*kin hood and talk to the people here fu*k go to the hardest hit neighborhood and up lift those communities. its easy for a n*gga to get on stage and voice his dislikes about black families and black men and women. ffu*k my name aint bill cosby and i can do that sh*t. My point is people need to be responsible for themselves Bill Cosby is definatley not responsible for black people. i dont think blacks take him seriously because he's rich and he doesnt have to worry about hearing gun shots and he doesnt know why the black community is the way it is. ITS CALLED POVERTY MOTHER fu*kA I HOPE YOU HEAR THIS! fu*k cosby
Poverty isn't an excuse to act like an a.ss. Poverty isn't an excuse to not go to class. Poverty isn't an excuse to not graduate from high school. Poverty is not an excuse to sit on your a.ss and complain about the system being unfair. Poverty is not an excuse for selling drugs to your own people. Poverty is not an excuse for shooting another young Black male because the color of his shirt is different than yours or because he stepped on your J's. So basically, what some Black males need to do is stop complaining about poverty and take some responsibility for improving their situation.
 05-16-2006, 11:06 AM         #18
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BANKRO9 said:
Actually, he's done a lot more than give money. He just chooses not to publicize it like some celebrities which I can appreciate. For example, I know for a fact, there are 3 guys currently attending my alma mater on full scholarships because of Cosby.

but if your not building more kids up to get those scholarships then what are u doing? absolutley nothing! if the school systems are bad and the nieghborhoods are poor and crime is high and the hiv rate is crazy how do u think your gonna get enough people to get those scholarships! and yo really only the smart smart mother fu*kas is getting those scholarships i went to school and the only n*ggas that get that are super smart. UB is a big a.ss school enrollment is like 20,000 so when a small school gets donations like that yeah it may seem like a lot of money but its not. it may look as though he's doing so much but he's really not. its a good tax right off for dude. im not saying he doesnt have the right intentions but what im saying is that his approach is fu*kED UP! do u think motha fu*kas in the hood hood is reading this sh*t. me i live smack dab in the fu*kin hood a 6 year old got robbed at the fu*kin play ground my daughter,son nieces and nephew goes to! Do u think the n*ggas that robbed that kid know what the fu*k bill cosby is talking about??? fu*k NO so why dont he bring his cosby show a.ss down here wit me and we can get some sh*t done
 05-16-2006, 11:07 AM         #19
Creep06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bill Cosby is makes a good pont point but his perspective on the situation is fuk*d up. He is a black man himself...if he doesn't remeber. He is supposed to be a role model, he should be uplifting us. Not putting us down. WTF has Bill Cosby sone for the black community. He needs to take a look at himself before he speaks to any of us about how we live.
 05-16-2006, 11:10 AM         #20
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BANKRO9 said:
Poverty isn't an excuse to act like an a.ss. Poverty isn't an excuse to not go to class. Poverty isn't an excuse to not graduate from high school. Poverty is not an excuse to sit on your a.ss and complain about the system being unfair. Poverty is not an excuse for selling drugs to your own people. Poverty is not an excuse for shooting another young Black male because the color of his shirt is different than yours or because he stepped on your J's. So basically, what some Black males need to do is stop complaining about poverty and take some responsibility for improving their situation.

Its not complaing first of all its called reality! obviously u dont know anything about reality. i dont know where u live or where u come from but i live in this sh*t every fu*kin day. poverty means everything you listed but its also a reality! its a cycle that needs to be broken and for n*ggas to get up on websites to applaud a n*gga that aint did sh*t for the hood! makes no sense to me...Its easy for n*ggas like u to say stop complaining and shape up but motha fu*ka do u know how hard it is for a motha fu*ka to feed the family? do u know how hard it is for a kid to know that both there mother and there father aint sh*t? its not just with black men its the community period. until n*ggas like bill come back and put money there first! because thats where he came from....problems with black men will still keep going. dont point the finger and blame one race its harder for black men as it is with white people let alone u got house negros on stage at a college graduation talkin sh*t about them. come to my hood and say that sh*t to my face then you will see what goes on around here
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
60 comments
2 days ago