Apr 25 - K-Ci: "I never wanted to marry her" (Mary J)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
105 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-25-2006, 09:27 AM         #1
15691 pageviews
27 comments

Gadgetgirl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apr 25 - K-Ci: "I never wanted to marry her" (Mary J)

From EURweb.com. This is concerning the new video Mary has dramatizing a part of their life:

BLIGE’S EX-BOYFRIEND K-CI TALKS ABOUT HER NEW VIDEO: Jodeci singer portrayed by 50 Cent in clip about their relationship.

*In an interview with Vibe magazine, K-Ci Hailey responds to the new video from ex-girlfriend, Mary J. Blige, where rapper 50 Cent represents him in a dramatization of their drama-filled relationship.

“After all this time she’s making a video about me and her? I haven’t seen the video, but I’ve heard about it,” the former Jodeci singer tells Vibe. “It’s supposed to be about a time in our life when we were supposed to get married. I never said I was going to marry her. Yes, I gave her a ring, not because I wanted to marry her. I gave her a ring after she came off tour and she kept hinting around that she wanted a ring. I never agreed to marry Mary J. We never talked about starting a family or anything like that. We were not as serious as people thought.”

As previously reported, the Hype Williams directed video for Blige’s “Enough Cryin’” features 50 Cent as aggressive R&B crooner C.J. (short for his real name, Curtis Jackson), who loses his cool when questioned during an interview. The scene depicts a real event she says happened with K-Ci.

"The video is [about] something that happened a long time ago, and it was a very embarrassing moment when I thought I was getting married," she explained to MTV.com. "I was engaged to [K-Ci], and I actually went on a talk show overseas and that person had just done that talk show about a week before me. I was telling the interviewer that I was getting married, and the week before he was saying that it was a rumor. He wasn't marrying me. It was a disaster that really embarrassed me."

K-Ci, however, says he was never on the verge of marriage with Blige.

“That was all in her head,” he says. “I was young and living my life. I didn’t want to be anybody’s husband. I was young and living wild. I was celebrating everyday and partying and hooking up with different women. I wasn’t ready to settle down with anybody. Mary knew that. She knew I cared about her but she also knew that I wasn’t going to be tied down to her.”

He continues: “She accepted that and continued to call me and come around me even at times I didn’t want her around me. I would tell Mary over and over to go and find a man that is ready to settle down and play hubby.

“There was something, [but] it wasn’t what Mary wanted everybody to think. She wanted the world to think that we were living a fairytale and all of a sudden I ended it. We cared about each other, but I wasn’t in love with her. The feelings were never mutual.

“We would do shows together and afterwards I wanted to hang out with the guys and party and talk to fans. Mary would go crazy. She would come up to my hotel and bang on the door, screaming and hollering at the top of her lungs until I came out. She would come up to me at parties and disrespect my company. I had to be careful because if she saw me with a woman she would try to start f!ghts and put on a big show. It was crazy.”

27 comments for "Apr 25 - K-Ci: "I never wanted to marry her" (Mary J)"

12 years ago '04        #2
slimthug226 
space
space
$317 | Props total: 12 12
man this some crazy stuff
 12 years ago '05        #3
Kode_Red 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,456 | Props total: 988 988
Mary aint tryin to hear dat, she still goin double and triple platinum, married and happy, where's K-Ci again?? Aint nobody trippin but him.
 04-25-2006, 09:55 AM         #4
OUTLAW706  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes a ugly a.ss dude he better be glad somebody wanted his a.ss look at him now hes nowhere look her her still selling records
 04-25-2006, 10:00 AM         #5
cylla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he had a song on her "Be Without You" beat
 12 years ago '04        #6
Hacka DPC 
space
space
$420 | Props total: 0 0
 Kode_Red said:
Mary aint tryin to hear dat, she still goin double and triple platinum, married and happy, where's K-Ci again?? Aint nobody trippin but him.
wow thats a retarted statement...lol...how's he trippin hes just tellin it how it happened Mary was stuck on him...I wouldnt doubt for a second that K-Ci is tellin the truth that n*gga does not look like the type to be tied down, much less when he was big and bi*ches would flock to that n*gga. what does this have to do with thier record sales?
 12 years ago '04        #7
cnice347 
space
space
space
$334 | Props total: 0 0
 Hacka DPC said:
wow thats a retarted statement...lol...how's he trippin hes just tellin it how it happened Mary was stuck on him...I wouldnt doubt for a second that K-Ci is tellin the truth that n*gga does not look like the type to be tied down, much less when he was big and bi*ches would flock to that n*gga. what does this have to do with thier record sales?

co-sign. . .
 12 years ago '04        #8
J. Jones04 
space
space
$3,849 | Props total: 4 4
Idk he might be right, but idk he was on herion his head might be all f*cked up
 12 years ago '04        #9
teegray1124 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,380 | Props total: 257 257
 Hacka DPC said:
Co Sign
 04-25-2006, 11:08 AM         #10
BaddNewZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'd say he's tellin the truth.......That is some sh*t a chick would do......especially the never getting over it and still talkin about it part.....

I know a chick that does the same sh*t.....but she can't sing haha....
 04-25-2006, 11:25 AM         #11
Ghostly00  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude now comes out after someone is being succesful
 04-25-2006, 11:29 AM         #12
choob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cylla said:
he had a song on her "Be Without You" beat
was that sh*t real???lol...cuz that was hilarious.......i still play that sh*t......
 04-25-2006, 11:41 AM         #13
tmich19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOl @ dis being like 14 or 15 years ago....
 12 years ago '04        #14
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,735 | Props total: 2554 2554
The whole thing about the show is true though. I watched it, both weeks.
It was a UK show on Channel 4 called "THE WORD". And they were officially supposed to be getting married at the time. They were in the press non stop, so the presenter asked K-Ci:
"Is it true you and Mary are engaged?"

SO K-Ci responded to the girls moaning in the crowd and said these EXACT words

"K-Ci is not getting married"

And the girls started cheering.
The following week Friday Mary was on the show and they actually showed her the footage of K-Ci saying what he said. ANd then the presenter said:
"So are you two going to get married then?"

And Mary said sternly:

"WE aint now!"

And the crowd was laughing in support of her. I remember that sh** like it was yesterday.

BUT in Mary's defence K-Ci was ALL OVER THE PLACE acknowledging his love for her at the time. I don't know what he's talking about now, but at that time he was on the radio and tv talking about her all the time. Those two were inseperable. He's trying to make a comeback now, so he should thank his lucky stars that he has none other than 50 CENT HIMSELF playing him in a music video. You don't get no better promotion than that.

Now THAT'S crazy!
 12 years ago '05        #15
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
lol thats gay
 04-25-2006, 12:32 PM         #16
nastynaj20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sure he didnt want to marry her... thats what i'd say too if she got richer after she lefted me
 12 years ago '04        #17
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,959 | Props total: 1094 1094
All these people on here hating on K-Ci, I feel him though. What the fu*k does Mary's success have to do with what he's talking about? People acting like he's coming out of nowhere to diss Mary. She made a video depicting him as a fu*ked up n*gga that played her on tv. So he's just telling it from his side. He never felt like that about her. They were close, but he was the lead singer in Jodeci. Why the fu*k would he want to be tied down when he's fu*king the baddest bi*ches every night; I know I wouldn't. Plus Mary's a hood bi*ch, so I know how that sh*t goes. B.I.G. and Treach said they went through the same thing with Faith and Pepa.
 12 years ago '04        #18
pimppoet 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,941 | Props total: 238 238
Some yall act like kci n jojo werent successful with their albums.If he abused her thats wrong but mary has been laggin on bout the relationship for a min n now she depicting him in a vid.So he has the right to speak on it.If him n jojo/jodeci comin with new sh*t thats free promo.Also just cuz u say u love someone doesnt mean yall gettin married.Their relationship lacked communication

Last edited by pimppoet; 04-25-2006 at 01:11 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #19
damjr87 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,133 | Props total: 7 7
K-ci thats my guy and all but him and his dudes need to stop smoking rocks, come out of hiding and record some new sh*t.
 12 years ago '05        #20
messiallah 
space
space
$245 | Props total: 8 8
She's You Lady Forever Now Playa! Ha!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy