1 Reason Why 9th Wonder is >>>> Kanye, Just Blaze, and ____fill in a producer

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
28 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
187 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
134 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-22-2006, 02:53 PM         #21
neilnspredem 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JustForgetIt said:
i've tried it before and I came to the conclusion either somebody replayed the horns or he applied some weird azz technique to it cuz the original sample is like 106 BPM and touch the sky is like 90 somethin but the Pitch is still perserved and in good quality.
Time stretching
 04-22-2006, 02:57 PM         #22
neilnspredem 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JustForgetIt said:
time stretching adds flange especially if u lower the tempo as low as he did on touch the sky. there is no flange and quality wise is still great. you couldn't even tell, only if u tried to recreate it
1 word: Engineers
 12 years ago '05        #23
Mrniceguy  OP
space
space
$3,851 | Props total: 25 25
 Fingaz said:
fu*k outta here...

Im pretty sure everyone is aware of what 9th has been doin by now, 9th is a good producer hes proven that he can hold down albums. Im crazy when it comes to Justus Leauge sh*t, i probably got every justus league affiliated cd/mixtape released.

Fact is you really cant say 9th is better than the likes of Just Blaze, Kanye, Alchemist, and others JUST because he uses a software based sequencer rather than an MPC.
Why Not? ....FL is low-budget software and he's making a living off it...he even caught Jay-Z's attention with it.....

MPC's are clearly more expensive hardware (not software) and Kanye spends hours on hours with co-production by Jon Brion recently...just to make ONE DAMN BEAT..thats subpar and he puts it on Late Registration and brags about it....

9th wonder...makes Great Beats on FL and Cool Edit Pro....and remains humble about all his accomplishments....and doesn't take 50 hours to make subpar beats....
 12 years ago '05        #24
Mrniceguy  OP
space
space
 JustForgetIt said:
i dare you to try and REDO just blaze - touch the sky. I GUARANTEE you won't be able to do it. i've tried it before and I came to the conclusion either somebody replayed the horns or he applied some weird azz technique to it cuz the original sample is like 106 BPM and touch the sky is like 90 somethin but the Pitch is still perserved and in good quality. I can recreate any 9th wonder beat. he doesn't do anything special at all, while i can't recreate just blaze I really mean it, breathe or touch the sky.
just blaze uses un-original soul samples...how familiar is that song he sampled to make the beat...i'm quite sure...he had some hi-tech equipment that keeps the pitch preserved and in good quality...maybe your jumping the gun!!
 12 years ago '05        #25
Mrniceguy  OP
space
space
 neilnspredem said:
1 word: Engineers
:applause: this guy knows his sh*t....those engineers be in the studio like mad scientists...on the computers tweaking production ...he might be right...isn't young guru rocafella's engineer? i'm sure they have more than just him
 04-22-2006, 03:02 PM         #26
Fingaz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mrniceguy said:
just blaze uses un-original soul samples...how familiar is that song he sampled to make the beat...i'm quite sure...he had some hi-tech equipment that keeps the pitch preserved and in good quality...maybe your jumping the gun!!

it doesnt matter what type of sample you use. Curtis Mayfield - Movin On Up, is very familiar, but he still did a nice job with the sample. Just like he did with Rick James - Superfreak when he did that. Nobody cares what you sample, but how you sample it is a different story. But in the end its all about if its hot or not.
 04-22-2006, 03:03 PM         #27
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mrniceguy said:
Why Not? ....FL is low-budget software and he's making a living off it...he even caught Jay-Z's attention with it.....

MPC's are clearly more expensive hardware (not software) and Kanye spends hours on hours with co-production by Jon Brion recently...just to make ONE DAMN BEAT..thats subpar and he puts it on Late Registration and brags about it....

9th wonder...makes Great Beats on FL and Cool Edit Pro....and remains humble about all his accomplishments....and doesn't take 50 hours to make subpar beats....
What does the price of the things have to do with anything? 9th just knows how to use one program while Kanye knows how to use something else. If 9th knew how to use an mpc as well as he can use Fruity Loops then he would use an MPC.

Just Blaze used software when he was first signed, wheres his props? You act like all of 9ths beats are amazing when they arent, hes 50/50.
 04-22-2006, 03:06 PM         #28
i r b y n 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mrniceguy said:
don't agree man, thats like saying T-Mac is one of the greatest basketball players when he Wants to Be.... ...thats when he wants to be..that don't mean much!
Nah, but I mean, I'm not saying Blaze is the goat or anything, but that comment was true (imo). I think when Blaze is really trying, he comes out on top.

Def not going to argue about the sh*t you're saying, though. 9th is one of my fav producers and some of the sh*t he does is wild for somebody not using the expensive equipment. He can def hold it down in an album. So, I def respect your opinion.
 04-22-2006, 03:08 PM         #29
wirebound 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just and Kanye are waaaaaaayyyyyyy ill-er producers than 9th...all of 9th beats sound the same and only put u in one mood....I WANNA SMOKE TO THIS....kanyne pharrell and just are way more versatile(spelling)than 9th
 12 years ago '05        #30
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,172 | Props total: 11695 11695
 JustForgetIt said:
i dare you to try and REDO just blaze - touch the sky. I GUARANTEE you won't be able to do it. i've tried it before and I came to the conclusion either somebody replayed the horns or he applied some weird azz technique to it cuz the original sample is like 106 BPM and touch the sky is like 90 somethin but the Pitch is still perserved and in good quality. I can recreate any 9th wonder beat. he doesn't do anything special at all, while i can't recreate just blaze I really mean it, breathe or touch the sky.
I Re-did "The Dynasty Intro" on FL...............................Yea it sound like shyt but i still re-did it
 12 years ago '04        #31
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
i once made the mistake of underestimating 9th wonder but he made me believe that real hip hop is still alive 9th is underated period
 12 years ago '04        #32
goldenchild7317 
space
space
$500 | Props total: 11 11
he is versatile and okay hit songs lol.
9th wonder Destiny Child's-Girls and track on Mary J album, compared to Kanye West doing that Brandy song. Just Blaze whats the last hot r&B song he did Usher throwback wasn't even a single maybe cuz its an over used sample that J dilla flipped better on donuts. Lets face it 9th wonder carrying Premo, Pete Rock, and Dilla's Legacy better than Kanye who needs Jons Brion and Dilla to Co-Produce his beats wit him. Just Blaze did like no more than 3 tracks on Jay- album yet hes better than a producer that can handle a whole album wit Cool Edit and Fruityloops. Right????
 04-22-2006, 03:56 PM         #33
dumb_ass23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mrniceguy said:
you give Pharrell fruity loops and see how trash his beats sound...
you give just blaze Fruity loops and see how trash his beats will sound...
any top producer...its n*ggas that have TOPLINE EXPENSIVE MPC'S BEAT MACHINES KEYBOARDS STUDIO SETUP'S AND STILL MAKE TRASH BEATS

gotta give 9th wonder credit when credit is do!!

making 9th wonder beats with fruity loops are like crushing coal into diamonds man.... n*ggas already working with Diamonds and can't make Coal
So what... what does it matter that they couldn't make a beat on fruity loops, that sh*t is elementary. Letsa see what 9th sounds like when he tries to use their studios...

Making his beats on fruity loops doesn't make him better, just like using a propper beat maching doesn't make any other producer better. 9th is a very good producer, but he isn't the best in the game. IMO Nicolay made better beats for the Foreign Exchange album than most of the stuff 9th has put out.
 04-22-2006, 04:12 PM         #34
1 + 1 = 2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA @ people thinking 9th wonder is better than any other producer.

He's a hit or miss producer.

Last I checked Marley Marl, Prince Paul and Pete Rock still sh*t on him.
 04-22-2006, 04:14 PM         #35
neilnspredem 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's crazy that people actually believe this shyt
 12 years ago '04        #36
TeflonDon 
space
space
space
$2,139 | Props total: 46 46
wattz > 9th wonder
 12 years ago '04        #37
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,406 | Props total: 3453 3453
 THEINFAMOUS said:
I Re-did "The Dynasty Intro" on FL...............................Yea it sound like shyt but i still re-did it
its cause the sample is looped..
Its not chopped or anything and all you gotta do is add the drums...

I DARE anyone here to attemp "I Really Mean It" and make it sound half as good as Just Blaze rippped that sh*t...

9th wonder does nothin but loop a sample and add a bassline...Same with Kanye...
Just Blaze will chop the sh*t out of a sample and flip it so its not easy to tell where it came from..

Just Blaze > any producer rite now..

Hes mad creative with his beats
 12 years ago '04        #38
goldenchild7317 
space
space
$500 | Props total: 11 11
Camron-Really Mean it >>>> Little Brother-Slow it Down

The Game- No more fun and Games >>>> Little Brother-Whatever you say

Beanie Sigel-Bread & Butter>>>>> Murs-Bad Man

Camron-We Built This City>>>>Little Brother-Hiding Place

your absolutely right... You won.

Last edited by goldenchild7317; 04-22-2006 at 05:27 PM..
 04-22-2006, 05:29 PM         #39
Ameen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1 reason why Kanye is better....

He knows NOT to use Fruit Loops in order to make hot beats.
 04-23-2006, 09:51 AM         #40
brian8947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont care what 9th uses, hes a decent producer, but hes not on Kanye, pharrell, or Just's level. Some of the sh*t those dudes produce is just on another level from any 9th wonder beat.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy