Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
73 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-22-2006, 09:49 PM         #81
thegraphixking  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
which rapper's mother allowed him to rap but ONLY if he didn't use curse words?
 12 years ago '06        #82
Darkpoet 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 1 1
 And1NYC said:
Mystikal, didnt he rap about it in some song.

What was Ol Dirty Bastards Original Name?

Who made the original Black Album?

Which 2 Rappers went to High school together and once battled in a hallway between classes?
1.Russell Jones

2. Prince
 12 years ago '06        #83
Darkpoet 2 heat pts
space
space
 thegraphixking said:
which rapper's mother allowed him to rap but ONLY if he didn't use curse words?
lol, Will Smith...
 04-22-2006, 09:51 PM         #84
thegraphixking  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ADrake22 said:
Ill start it off...

What rapper recorded tracks with Jay-Z, Nas, Biggie & Big Pun while they still were alive???
was this answered? my guess was Face cuz i know he got tracks wit Pac Big Nas an Jay not sure bout Pun tho?
 04-22-2006, 09:51 PM         #85
And1NYC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
1. Dunno
2. Prince
3. Busta Rhymes & Jay-Z/Biggie & Jay-Z
1. (hint)think others in wu-tang
2. In a way your right, along with any1 that though Metallica. But I meant in terms of Hip Hop albums.
3. Right. Busta and Jay-Z
 12 years ago '06        #86
Darkpoet 2 heat pts
space
space
 And1NYC said:
1. (hint)think others in wu-tang
2. In a way your right, along with any1 that though Metallica. But I meant in terms of Hip Hop albums.
3. Right. Busta and Jay-Z
I was going to say Metallica but I thought iwas based on Hip Hop/ R&B

and ODB's original name is Russell Jones
 04-22-2006, 09:56 PM         #87
And1NYC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im talking about the first nickname he used in Wu-Tang, not his real name, I know he went by that for a little bit.
 12 years ago '04        #88
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 jaynat603 said:
I Forgot how he got his name but L.E.S (lifes a bi*ch) and Q-tip(1 love)

lady may was not the first to recieve a parental advisory sticker because mtv didn't care about rap until 90-91(yo mtv raps was the sh*t when I was 9). I know for a fact that eazy-e's first album was the first to have "warning:explicit lyrics. Parental Descretion Is Advised" posted on the album. 2 live crew just made it more aware

Who infamously set up 2pac in 1994 just to "show discipline and respect"?
If you people would read my post...you wouldn't feel so stupid when you post the wrong answer to a question...

s3x, Violence, Cursing: Explicit Lyrics Stickers Get Explicit

First album to include expanded warning label is Lady May's May Day.
The current advisory sticker.

Ever since "explicit lyrics" warning stickers were introduced in 1985, artists have been only too happy to have their albums labeled, figuring kids who want graphic material will see the sticker as incentive to buy the disc.

Following that reasoning, surely they'll welcome the latest move from the BMG Music Group, which is getting explicit with the explicit lyrics stickers.

Starting July 31, discs on the group's BMG, RCA, J and Arista imprints will, when necessary, include "parental advisory" stickers updated with additional warnings about strong language, violent content or s3xual content.

The first disc to contain the new labels will be Lady May's May Day, which comes out July 31 on Arista and will include warnings of strong language and s3xual content.

In addition to upcoming releases, previously issued albums will be affixed with updated advisories when new pressings are made, a BMG spokesman said.

Pressured by lawmakers' condemnation of s3x and violence in the media, BMG had been engaged in internal discussions regarding warning label updates for some time. Two years ago, then-BMG Entertainment President Strauss Zelnick encouraged additional industry policing of its products in order to provide parents more information about the music their kids are listening to.

The company's chairman and CEO, Rolf Schmidt-Holz, announced BMG's expanded parental advisory policy on Monday (June 3) and emphasized that the move will be beneficial both to artists under fire for creating explicit music and to consumers.

"BMG recognizes our dual responsibility to help parents make informed decisions about the entertainment their children consume and to protect the right of our artists to express themselves freely," he said in a statement. "Our labeling initiative will offer parents additional tools to help them decide what is appropriate for them and their families."

Spokespeople at Warner Music Group and Sony Music Group have said they're satisfied with the current parental advisory labels. Spokespeople at EMI Music Group and Universal Music Group were not available for comment.

A source at the Recording Industry a.ssociation of America, which drafted the original warning label system, said the organization wants to preserve the existing program. RIAA President Hilary Rosen has a.sserted that lyrics are open to interpretation, and what one person views as s3xual or violent might mean something completely different to someone else.

The battle for record labeling began in 1984 when a group called the Parents Music Resource Center, headed by Tipper Gore, wife of former Vice President Al Gore, expressed outrage at explicit content on albums by artists like Twisted Sister, 2 Live Crew and Frank Zappa. At the conclusion of heated Senate hearings on the issue, the RIAA adopted the current "parental advisory" label.
In recent years, Vice President d*ck Cheney's wife, Lynne Cheney, Sen. Joseph Lieberman (D-Connecticut), Sen. Sam Brownback (R-Kansas) and others have re-administered explicit-content thumbscrews, citing acts like Eminem and Cannibal Corpse as heinous corrupters of today's youth.
 12 years ago '04        #89
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 And1NYC said:
Im talking about the first nickname he used in Wu-Tang, not his real name, I know he went by that for a little bit.
BZA??
 04-22-2006, 10:05 PM         #90
djdude7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The question of the freestyling each other between classes could also be Outkast.I heard somewhere that thats how they met.Turned out good in the end I guess.
 12 years ago '04        #91
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
If you people would read my post...you wouldn't feel so stupid when you post the wrong answer to a question...

Ever since "explicit lyrics" warning stickers were introduced in 1985, artists have been only too happy to have their albums labeled, figuring kids who want graphic material will see the sticker as incentive to buy the disc.

Following that reasoning, surely they'll welcome the latest move from the BMG Music Group, which is getting explicit with the explicit lyrics stickers.

Starting July 31, discs on the group's BMG, RCA, J and Arista imprints will, when necessary, include "parental advisory" stickers updated with additional warnings about strong language, violent content or s3xual content.

The first disc to contain the new labels will be Lady May's May Day, which comes out July 31 on Arista and will include warnings of strong language and s3xual content.

In addition to upcoming releases, previously issued albums will be affixed with updated advisories when new pressings are made, a BMG spokesman said.

Pressured by lawmakers' condemnation of s3x and violence in the media, BMG had been engaged in internal discussions regarding warning label updates for some time. Two years ago, then-BMG Entertainment President Strauss Zelnick encouraged additional industry policing of its products in order to provide parents more information about the music their kids are listening to.

The company's chairman and CEO, Rolf Schmidt-Holz, announced BMG's expanded parental advisory policy on Monday (June 3) and emphasized that the move will be beneficial both to artists under fire for creating explicit music and to consumers.

"BMG recognizes our dual responsibility to help parents make informed decisions about the entertainment their children consume and to protect the right of our artists to express themselves freely," he said in a statement. "Our labeling initiative will offer parents additional tools to help them decide what is appropriate for them and their families."

Spokespeople at Warner Music Group and Sony Music Group have said they're satisfied with the current parental advisory labels. Spokespeople at EMI Music Group and Universal Music Group were not available for comment.

A source at the Recording Industry a.ssociation of America, which drafted the original warning label system, said the organization wants to preserve the existing program. RIAA President Hilary Rosen has a.sserted that lyrics are open to interpretation, and what one person views as s3xual or violent might mean something completely different to someone else.

The battle for record labeling began in 1984 when a group called the Parents Music Resource Center, headed by Tipper Gore, wife of former Vice President Al Gore, expressed outrage at explicit content on albums by artists like Twisted Sister, 2 Live Crew and Frank Zappa. At the conclusion of heated Senate hearings on the issue, the RIAA adopted the current "parental advisory" label.
In recent years, Vice President d*ck Cheney's wife, Lynne Cheney, Sen. Joseph Lieberman (D-Connecticut), Sen. Sam Brownback (R-Kansas) and others have re-administered explicit-content thumbscrews, citing acts like Eminem and Cannibal Corpse as heinous corrupters of today's youth.
You need to learn how to read..

those are EXTENDED warnings that were on her album, not the original parental advisory sticker...

Research it or somethin since you're already lookin on google to find the answer to these questions
 12 years ago '04        #92
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 djdude7 said:
The question of the freestyling each other between classes could also be Outkast.I heard somewhere that thats how they met.Turned out good in the end I guess.
I heard Big Boi was gonna jump Andre and thats how they met
 12 years ago '04        #93
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:

those are EXTENDED warnings that were on her album, not the original parental advisory sticker...

Research it or somethin since you're already lookin on google to find the answer to these questions

She was the first to get the PARENTAL WARNING explicit lyrics on her CD...

and I didn't google it..i MTV'd it look at the fu*king source link...the original warning was only found on Ahmad Zappa's CD and all it said on it was "Parental Warning" on it.. then Zappa and 2 Live Crew started claiming First Amendment rights so it went to court and they made the new warning which was first found on the RAP CD (which is what was asked) Lady May to have the "Warning: parental Advisory Explicit lyrics" which is the current warning...you can sit down now class is over...

Last edited by Da Ill One; 04-22-2006 at 10:13 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #94
jaynat603 
space
space
$424 | Props total: 190 190
[QUOTE=Da Ill One]If you people would read my post...you wouldn't feel so stupid when you post the wrong answer to a question...

Ever since "explicit lyrics" warning stickers were introduced in 1985, artists have been only too happy to have their albums labeled, figuring kids who want graphic material will see the sticker as incentive to buy the disc.[/
QUOTE]

Don't care what you say you MTV offspring. If you wanna take it further back adult comedy albums like redd foxxx also presented the advisory well before 85'. stay off the vicodins and comprehend what you just posted, "The Current advisory sticker" part you failed to notice. Albums that were raunchy and too explicit for viewers was originally posted as "WARNING:...". keep learning kid at least you're doing somethin right
 04-22-2006, 10:12 PM         #95
And1NYC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Iight, the first Hip Hop album to be called the Black Album was by No I.D. and ODBs first name was 'The Genius" he used it before GZA came along.

1. Which rapper suprisingly dropped out of school in the 7th grade?
2. Who was the first rapper with a million dollar contract?
3. Which producer got into producing to buy video games?
4. What did DMX originally stand for?
5. Which rapper supposedly hid in the closet when Suge Knight and his crew entered a LA studio?
 12 years ago '04        #96
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
She was the first to get the PARENTAL WARNING explicit lyrics on her CD...

and I didn't google it..i MTV'd it look at the fu*king source link...the original warning was on Ahmad Zappa's CD and all it said on it was "Parental Warning" Lady May was the first RAPPER (which is what was asked) to have the "Warning: parental Advisory Explicit lyrics" on her CD...you can sit down now class is over...
no...

Lady May's album dropped in 2002..

BMG changed the warnings to "s3xually Explicit Lyrics" and sh*t like that, instead of the Generic "Parental Advisary: Explicit Lyrics" label..
 12 years ago '04        #97
jaynat603 
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:

THANK YOU!!!:applause:

Props Pimpin I thought I was the only one that knew this
 12 years ago '04        #98
space
space
[QUOTE=jaynat603]
 Da Ill One said:

Ever since "explicit lyrics" warning stickers were introduced in 1985, artists have been only too happy to have their albums labeled, figuring kids who want graphic material will see the sticker as incentive to buy the disc.[/
QUOTE]

Don't care what you say you MTV offspring. If you wanna take it further back adult comedy albums like redd foxxx also presented the advisory well before 85'. stay off the vicodins and comprehend what you just posted, "The Current advisory sticker" part you failed to notice. Albums that were raunchy and too explicit for viewers was originally posted as "WARNING:...". keep learning kid at least you're doing somethin right

Look d*ck wad before you try to school someone older then you...the question asked was now pay attention here this is the critical part.. "What was the first RAP cd to have the sticker on it"...I answered the question with the correct answer..don't get mad because I just proved you're "Known Fact" as you said wrong..You can join the other dude now school is over for the night...
 12 years ago '04        #99
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 And1NYC said:
Iight, the first Hip Hop album to be called the Black Album was by No I.D. and ODBs first name was 'The Genius" he used it before GZA came along.

1. Which rapper suprisingly dropped out of school in the 7th grade?
2. Who was the first rapper with a million dollar contract?
3. Which producer got into producing to buy video games?
4. What did DMX originally stand for?
5. Which rapper supposedly hid in the closet when Suge Knight and his crew entered a LA studio?
1. Nas (or maybe it was 8th grade)
2. Rakim?
3. Just Blaze
4. He took his name from a DMX beat machine actually, so it doesnt stand for anything. But I guess you could now say "Darkman X"
5. No idea

Last edited by A.G; 04-22-2006 at 10:17 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #100
jaynat603 
space
space
[QUOTE=Da Ill One]
 jaynat603 said:

Look d*ck wad before you try to school someone older then you...the question asked was now pay attention here this is the critical part.. "What was the first RAP cd to have the sticker on it"...I answered the question with the correct answer..don't get mad because I just proved you're "Known Fact" as you said wrong..You can join the other dude now school is over for the night...

AWWWW, Poor baby is upset because he was misinformed LOL keep learning kid LOL
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish