Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-20-2006, 08:33 AM         #1
7101 pageviews
19 comments

McBarry 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Proof's Funeral PICS

[pic - click to view]

http://i3.tinypic.com/vywria.jpg

[pic - click to view]

http://i3.tinypic.com/vywrqo.jpg

[pic - click to view]

http://i3.tinypic.com/vywrw5.jpg

[pic - click to view]

http://i3.tinypic.com/vyws2t.jpg

[pic - click to view]

http://i3.tinypic.com/vyws5z.jpg

[pic - click to view]

http://i3.tinypic.com/vywsba.jpg

[pic - click to view]

http://i3.tinypic.com/vywsgg.jpg

[pic - click to view]

http://i3.tinypic.com/vywsps.jpg

[pic - click to view]

http://i3.tinypic.com/vywsyh.jpg

Detroit- A capacity crowd of about 2,000 people filled Fellowship Chapel on Wednesday to mourn Detroit hip-hop star Proof.

People waited in lines that wrapped around the church to get into the scheduled 11 a.m. service, which started about 45 minutes late to accommodate the crowd's entry.

The funeral began with the church's pastor, Rev. Wendell Anthony, reading passages from scripture while family members and close friends paid their last respects in front of the gold-toned casket.

Proof, who was 32, was dressed in athletic wear and Kangol cap. His rap name and birth name, Deshaun D. Holton, were etched at the bottom of the casket in English script. He was surrounded by a huge display of flowers, blankets and other adornments.

Ushers helped several people who were overcome with grief, and some mourners screamed in anguish as the casket was closed.

Among those in attendance were Eminem, 50 Cent, Obie Trice, D12 members Bizarre, Kuniva, Kon Artis and Swift, and Eminem's manager Paul Rosenberg.

Eminem sat in a pew behind Proof's family, wearing a black suit. When attendees started giving testimonials, he went to the lectern and said he had nothing planned, but that “I can't just let my friend go without me saying my peace.”

Eminem told a story from when he was 16 years old and living on the east side. He said Proof approached him and threw a pair of shoes at his feet, saying: “Put those on.”

When Eminem asked why, he said Proof told him: “Cuz I'm tired of you wearing those dirty-ass shoes.”

Eminem added: “I apologize for cussing in church.”

Visibly worn out, Eminem broke down in tears when speaking.

“He taught me how to be a leader,” Eminem said. “I'm sure everybody who has ever met him, even just once, can testify to the fact that he illuminated a room when he walked in it. I believe that Proof loved people and people loved him. He was a magnet. He lured you in. You wanted to learn about him, follow his swagger. Without Proof, there would be no Eminem, no Slim Shady, no D12. ”

Proof's family presented Eminem with a framed picture of Eminem and Proof together.

Later, Detroit rapper Obie Trice, a labelmate of Eminem and Proof's group D12, spoke and called for an end to violence. Trice was shot in the head in a New Year's Eve incident, and a bullet remains lodged in his skull.

“I want to talk to the black men in here that's coming up in the hood, coming up in the struggle," Trice said, overcome with tears. "We're k!lling each other, dawg. And it's about nothing. Nothing. Nothing. We're all dying. And we're leaving our kids. Our mommas. Our grandmas. Over nothing.”

“Proof is the one. He is the pioneer of Detroit music,” Trice continued. “You feel me? We've got to stand up, man. I love all y'all. We black people. White people, too. I love y'all, too. We got to stand up. Rest in peace.”

Rev. Anthony continued with Trice's theme. In a long, thundering eulogy, Anthony denounced violence as “the madness that is infecting” Detroit. “Violence is the weed that is choking the life out of our community,” he said.

Mourners were handed a full-color 14-page program, which included numerous testimonials and photos, including a nearly full page shot of Proof with his arm around Eminem. Among the notations: “Proof was the funniest cat I ever knew in my life,” signed by Duane (Legwork).

Sixteen names were listed as pallbearers, mostly family and friends, including Mark Hicks, Proof's longtime manager. Several others were listed as honorary pallbearers, including Eminem, the members of D12 and Detroit rapper Trick Trick.

People had begun arriving at the church at about 8 a.m. The first two people in line were cousins from Detroit, Ebony Johnson, 18, and Dvonne Johnson, 14.

“We're here to pay our respects to Proof. He was from Detroit and he was a good rapper,” said Ebony Johnson.

“Everybody thought he was a good man. He was repping his city,” added Dvonne.

Cars were parked all along Outer Drive and nearby side streets. The law enforcement presence was heavy, including members of the Detroit Police Department, Wayne County Sheriff's Department and Michigan State Police.

An antique carriage drawn by white horses was waiting to transport the casket from the church at Southfield and Outer Drive to the burial site, Woodlawn Cemetery on Woodward Avenue near 8 Mile.

Proof died in a gun battle last week in a club on 8 Mile Road in Detroit that was operating illegally after-hours. Authorities say Proof shot 35-year-old Keith Bender Jr. in the head at the C.C.C. Club early on April 11 after a f!ght. Another man - a relative of Bender - then shot Proof three times in the head and chest. Proof died almost immediately. Bender died Tuesday at St. John Hospital and Medical Center.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.wzzm13.com/new .. ?storyid=53031

19 comments for "Proof's Funeral PICS"

12 years ago '05        #2
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
that carriage is sumthin u wich u could witness. R.I.P.
 12 years ago '05        #3
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,608 | Props total: 436 436
Hey I love Proof like everyone else but shiiiiiiiit did you see that 5th pic w/ homie havin that tat like that on his FACE!! What fee want to get w/ a n*gga who has some other nig's name takin one half of their face like that......
 04-20-2006, 12:55 PM         #4
DEEPEE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LVuittonDon4EVA said:
Hey I love Proof like everyone else but shiiiiiiiit did you see that 5th pic w/ homie havin that tat like that on his FACE!! What fee want to get w/ a n*gga who has some other nig's name takin one half of their face like that......
Ain't that Trick Trick? I heard he was Proof's cousin.
 12 years ago '04        #5
Kaotic 
space
space
$3,327 | Props total: 0 0
they shud sell those photos 2 a magazine

proof family gna need that cash coz em wont be feeding them

lol @ that guy with proof tatttooed on his cheek -

Last edited by Kaotic; 04-20-2006 at 01:01 PM..
 12 years ago '05        #6
rippac4 
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 1050 1050
damn a gold casket
 12 years ago '06        #7
bettawitchedda 
space
space
$566 | Props total: 306 306
u in a better place RIP PROOF
 04-20-2006, 01:32 PM         #8
Nutty2003  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DEEPEE said:
Ain't that Trick Trick? I heard he was Proof's cousin.
naw that's not trick trick, i think that's just a fan with a promo temp tattoo, could be wrong about it being temp but that's definately not trick trick
 12 years ago '04        #9
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,269 | Props total: 2840 2840
 bettawitchedda said:
u in a better place RIP PROOF
word.. RIP Proof
 04-20-2006, 01:40 PM         #10
jaccordan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kaotic said:

what are you stupid????

stupid fu*k
 12 years ago '05        #11
mrwills 
space
space
$1,104 | Props total: 0 0
Rest In Peace my n*gga... The Lord will bless U 4 Eternity!!!
 12 years ago '05        #12
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,180 | Props total: 11743 11743
Dam i want my obituary to look like dat. R.I.P. BIG PROOF
 04-20-2006, 04:00 PM         #13
I3Baller  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kaotic said:

em aint fat joe
 12 years ago '06        #14
ICanDoIt 
space
space
space
$2,036 | Props total: 0 0
No disrespect to the dead, but didn't Proof start all the madness at the club? And didn't one of the bouncers who was on life support die recently? I'm sure he didn't get a gold casket with thousands of people at his funeral. Obie and the Reverend are right though, the violence in black neighborhoods needs to stop. It won't but it should.
 04-20-2006, 07:17 PM         #15
McBarry  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ICanDoIt said:
No disrespect to the dead, but didn't Proof start all the madness at the club? And didn't one of the bouncers who was on life support die recently? I'm sure he didn't get a gold casket with thousands of people at his funeral. Obie and the Reverend are right though, the violence in black neighborhoods needs to stop. It won't but it should.
From what I've read, yes/
 04-20-2006, 07:24 PM         #16
Weezy_Baby10  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rip proof.....propz for this thread
 04-20-2006, 07:33 PM         #17
-LTN-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props for these
 04-20-2006, 07:39 PM         #18
-LTN-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ICanDoIt said:
DUDE was Proof, Big Proof, even tho his last moment was maybee shady(no pun intended) but dude had fans everywhere and money and other dude gonna have his funeral too, his familly and loved ones will be there.
 04-20-2006, 07:50 PM         #19
newport shortz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I3Baller said:
em aint fat joe
aka the Punisher Treatment
 04-20-2006, 07:57 PM         #20
$hArP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nutty2003 said:
naw that's not trick trick, i think that's just a fan with a promo temp tattoo, could be wrong about it being temp but that's definately not trick trick
yeah it's a fan wit a temp tat.......

Last edited by $hArP; 04-20-2006 at 07:59 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now