Mobb Deep - Blood Money (2006)

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

RATE
5 BX - Classic 34 7.38%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 103 22.34%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 179 38.83%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 77 16.70%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 68 14.75%
Voters: 461. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

13 years ago '05        #101
Clownaveli 
space
space
$725 | Props total: 1 1
its ok 3/5

04-21-2006, 11:54 AM         #102
JustINtime 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its sad to see mobb deep ride 50 so hard. The album isnt horrible, but it isnt what i expected. I dont like the fact that the starting line in g-unit was all over the album (banks, buck, yayo) or the fact that P and Hav started singing. However, there are some solid joints on the album (Daydreamin,Smoke It)

13 years ago '04        #103
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,093 | Props total: 139 139
 Jamaro85 said
3 mics...this sh*t was garbage. Too much 50 influence. You can hear them sounding like 50 in half of their songs.
It has to sound like that.....its a well known selling scheme.

13 years ago '04        #104
Kziatic 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,030 | Props total: 963 963
wow, after hearing that ti (very nice) and the ghostface(classic) the mobb album was something i was looking forward to but its to bad that there trying to sell records. Make ur money dudes but curtis is all over the album, this is not mobb deeps work its influenced by curtis. 1/5, lol at people liking yayo verse on click click, the dude is trash

13 years ago '06        #105
In$tigator 
space
space
$588 | Props total: 0 0
solid album

13 years ago '04        #106
LMB 
space
space
$437 | Props total: 0 0
This album is a dissapointment, what happened to the Queensbridge collaboraters: Big Noyd wasn't even on the joint, beats are average, nothin stands out
2 much G Unit for a start, quite shocked Olivia the man wasn't on there, i personally think 50 cant swing this album sales, probably do Yayo's numbers

2/5

13 years ago '05        #107
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
space
$54,851 | Props total: 8423 8423
"Blood Money = 1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! " - Should Be A Quote

13 years ago '04        #108
DBlockinemOut 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,371 | Props total: 224 224
 ddotdukes5 said
It has to sound like that.....its a well known selling scheme.
didn't work for yayo

and when mobb deep only does 150K first week

50's gonna get cused the fu*k out by jimmy iovine

BRICK

BRICK

BRICK

gunit layin bricks, like shaq at the line

13 years ago '04        #109
Kiss The Stick 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,315 | Props total: 15 15
My Rating - 65%

Very Average, not much replay value or much standout tracks

fu*k going platinum, them n*ggas shoulda signed somewhere else after jive and coulda went gold with an ill a*s album.....but noooooooo

Last edited by Kiss The Stick; 04-22-2006 at 08:27 AM..

13 years ago '06        #110
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,929 | Props total: 9462 9462
 Kiss The Stick said
My Rating - 65%

Very Average, not much replay value or much standout tracks

fu*k going platinum, them n*ggas shoulda signed somewhere else after jive and coulda went gold with an ill a*s album.....but noooooooo
Yeah, they should follow the formula to being underrated, broke and not respected by new cats coming up in the game.

13 years ago '05        #111
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
I Only Liked 2 Songs On It.....

Ummm Thats Moula And The Its Alrigt Song And Those R Just Adv.

This Album Will Not Go Platinum

I Gave It A 1/5 Cuz I Only Liked 2 Songs Outta Of 16 prob. would have been a 0 if the others werent a bonus, Just A Boring Album Though.

Last edited by awall; 04-22-2006 at 05:22 PM..

04-22-2006, 05:33 PM         #112
af_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended

13 years ago '04        #113
NoreDirtay 
space
space
$538 | Props total: 0 0
 Rufus The Stunt said
Now I'm a Mobb fan from way back and I was one of the few people that said give them a chance after everyone got pissed at them signing to 50

But this is waaaaaaack. 2.5 out of 5.

I can't believe the grimiest group in hip hop came like this. Nightmare was just a lil below par but at least that was listenable.

Yep to errthing you said there. I go way back... 3/5 from me. There's maybe 3 repeatable songs.

Best track = Stole Something...beat is grimy as hell. On some old Mobb sh*t.

13 years ago '04        #114
space
space
 waytoomuch said
Yeah, they should follow the formula to being underrated, broke and not respected by new cats coming up in the game.
they released a sub par album on gunit with a weak a*s single thats gettin no spin...now tell me do u think their signing was a good idea?

13 years ago '06        #115
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,929 | Props total: 9462 9462
 Kiss The Stick said
they released a sub par album on gunit with a weak a*s single thats gettin no spin...now tell me do u think their signing was a good idea?
"Put Them In Their Place" seemed to be nothing more than an appetizing single if that's what you were referring to. look how cheap the video looked. do u think that video not getting spins is really hurting them. now if their next video single is to flop, then you'd have a point, but for now that single was nuttin more than a jump off single.

The album was far from sub-par. This is the best g-unit release that's been out since, let's say Young Buck's lp. Them signing was a great idea. Mobb Deep needs to be in the commercial limelight because once people start to talk about them, especially the younger and more mtv generation of kids start realizing them, then more people will acknowledge them and their earlier history and appreciate what they've done. If they signed to another minor label, they wouldn't be getting this much attention. If LL was to not be commercial and to be signed to, lets say "Brickhouse" records, he wouldn't even be in any major top 10 goat lists. he'd be underrated. Them signing to G-Unit will concrete their names in history. trust me.

13 years ago '04        #116
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,689 | Props total: 21 21
[QUOTE=waytoomuchThe album was far from sub-par. This is the best g-unit release that's been out since, let's say Young Buck's lp. Them signing was a great idea.[/QUOTE]

Eh Game's album was better than both Bucks and this. I'm a lifetime Mobb fan and this ish is their worst album by far. I'm by no means mad at them for getting their money, because this is their livelihood but dont give me crap music. I blame the 50 influence. You can make a hot album that has some commerical appeal while sticking to what also got you your core audience. This album did not do that, plain and simple. No more than a 3.

13 years ago '04        #117
Chokeabiish 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,041 | Props total: 648 648
trash.

13 years ago '04        #118
space
space
 tazbk said
Eh Game's album was better than both Bucks and this. I'm a lifetime Mobb fan and this ish is their worst album by far. I'm by no means mad at them for getting their money, because this is their livelihood but dont give me crap music. I blame the 50 influence. You can make a hot album that has some commerical appeal while sticking to what also got you your core audience. This album did not do that, plain and simple. No more than a 3.
thankyou:applause:

04-24-2006, 02:25 AM         #119
wordsworth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yet to hear it

beats may be dope

13 years ago '05        #120
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,676 | Props total: 3271 3271
THIS ALBUM IS SLEPT ON.

am i da only real n*gga here?

04-25-2006, 06:58 AM         #121
Don Cartagena 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nobody deserves to hear that garbage

13 years ago '04        #122
ImmortalGuru 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,563 | Props total: 670 670
I gave this album a 4. Honestly, yall may think I'm crazy, but I personally think this is their best album since Hell on Earth. The only thing that held it back from bein as good as The Infamous was well...some of the lyrics. Too much 50 influence. Dont get me wrong, I like 50, but keep 50's style on 50. Dont try to copy him.

But the beats on the album were friggen ill. Theres only like 2 beats on here that I couldnt stand and thats of course them club banger tracks ("Give It To Me" and "Backstage Pass"). I HATE club bangers.

"Put Em In They Place" as we all know is sick, I love "Smoke It", "Stole Somethin" is hot, "Creep" is decent, and "Speakin so Freely" is lovely.

The rest of the album is hot to, but I dont feel like talkin about the rest of the tracks.

But yeah, yall need to khop this album if you dont have it already. I'm definetly gonna buy it to support em. Hell, this will be the first Mobb Deep CD I've bought since "Hell on Earth"(I heard their other albums but none of them were worth buyin in my honest opinion. Best 2 were "The Infamous" and "Hell on Earth" which of course I bought.)

So I gave this a 4/5. Hot album. Not a classic like "The Infamous" was, but just as good as "Hell on Earth".

13 years ago '04        #123
Woot 2 heat pts
space
space
$756 | Props total: 0 0
Album was really disappointing

13 years ago '04        #124
Holiday Styles 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,385 | Props total: 2 2
beats are crack, 5

13 years ago '04        #125
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,501 | Props total: 553 553
This is the absolute worst Mobb Deep album theyve released and thats including their mixtapes.

Home      

most viewed right now
+161online now  19
Image(s) inside I always thought we had something special
92 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-52online now  19
Image(s) inside Calling all BX detectives. There will be a $200 reward for cracking th..
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  17
Deaundre Bonds Speaks On Infamous Scene From lock down, Says he regrets it
113 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+40online now  7
Image(s) inside Reddit Asks: People That Work On Movie Sets, Who Are The Most Entitled..
253 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy