MTV: greatest MCs of all time

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
148 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What do you think of the list?
Best list 11 6.71%
It alright 30 18.29%
Jay-Z #1 WTF 99 60.37%
Why Scarface not in the top 10 over LL 24 14.63%
Voters: 164. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 12 years ago '04        #101
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,731 | Props total: 2546 2546
And you can call "Who Shot Ya?" a diss to Pac, my words were "All out a.ssault", if you took the time to read them. The reason people don't openly acknowledge it is because it wasn't blatent.

And greatest emcee doesn't mean most famous. Notice how you said "Biggest Rapper that summer"?, okay so by your estimation, Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer should be up there.

It says GREATEST EMCEE'S LIST. Not greatest rapper.
And let the record reflect, Jay-Z's greatest album is his first; "Reasonable Doubt", at which point Pac was alive and kicking. Are you telling me Pac could have gone against Jigga at that point lyrically or otherwise?

Musically, Pac couldn't go against Biggie at any point of his career. It's only that Biggie wouldn't take the bait Pac kept throwing out, as Big would keep telling us. Otherwise he would have eaten him up with half a bar. What made "Hit 'Em Up" so poignant is because of all the talking Pac does at the end or are you gonna tell us "Outlawz" were better than Jay & Big also.

Your whole argument is that of an autistic juvenile with no display of genius. Basically just a young idiot.

You think fame makes you the best? Then Pac should be ahead of everyone. He's the biggest selling rapper of all time.

Let me scroll up and c&p your last line, for everyone to see your intelligence...

"Nas, Rakim, & Pac are the best mc's."

My goodness you're an idiot.

Last edited by cormega74; 04-19-2006 at 09:39 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #102
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,731 | Props total: 2546 2546
4REAL please don't PM me. If you got something to say post it. I don't want to talk to you in *Private*. What kinda myspace sleazebucket are you brother?
 12 years ago '04        #103
DJWho  OP
space
space
$1,316 | Props total: 6 6
good post people
 12 years ago '05        #104
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,428 | Props total: 1370 1370
 cormega74 said:
And you can call "Who Shot Ya?" a diss to Pac, my words were "All out a.ssault", if you took the time to read them. The reason people don't openly acknowledge it is because it wasn't blatent.

And greatest emcee doesn't mean most famous. Notice how you said "Biggest Rapper that summer"?, okay so by your estimation, Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer should be up there.

It says GREATEST EMCEE'S LIST. Not greatest rapper.
And let the record reflect, Jay-Z's greatest album is his first; "Reasonable Doubt", at which point Pac was alive and kicking. Are you telling me Pac could have gone against Jigga at that point lyrically or otherwise?

Musically, Pac couldn't go against Biggie at any point of his career. It's only that Biggie wouldn't take the bait Pac kept throwing out, as Big would keep telling us. Otherwise he would have eaten him up with half a bar. What made "Hit 'Em Up" so poignant is because of all the talking Pac does at the end or are you gonna tell us "Outlawz" were better than Jay & Big also.

Your whole argument is that of an autistic juvenile with no display of genius. Basically just a young idiot.

You think fame makes you the best? Then Pac should be ahead of everyone. He's the biggest selling rapper of all time.

Let me scroll up and c&p your last line, for everyone to see your intelligence...

"Nas, Rakim, & Pac are the best mc's."

My goodness you're an idiot.
Man WTF, are you talking about. Especially with this PM ish you talking. When have I ever PMed you. You must be out of your mind.

First of all, whether "Who Shot Ya" was a diss or not, Pac took it as a diss, but what about the man who made the song?B.I.G. denied it was to him, so where does that leave your argument. Even according to Jay & Biggie that song was made before the shooting.
ALL a.ssAULT IS WHAT U ALSO SAID, CORRECT!??"Old school tape around your daughter"- I didn't know 2Pac had a daughter that was visible to the extent that even Biggie knew about it. Man just Shut the f**k up!!

Who ever said anything about the greatest mc being the most famous mc?? Stop putting words in my mouth. I simply stated that Pac was the biggest rapper in the country before he died because earlier you tried to make it seem as if he wasn't even in the top bracket of mc's before he died, which is false. And back then, Pac was probably the most established aritsts around, while Jay-Z was just now breaking onto the music scene. If Pac and the Lawz continued to attack Jay-Z at such a beginning stage in his career, it's no telling what kinds of damage could've been done to Jay-Z's career. And Jay-Z could not go against all the outlawz at once. You need to stop thinking Jay-Z is superman or something. He couldn't even go up against Nas, which is 1 person. What makes you think he could go against a hungry group of about 7 people like the outlaws? The Outlaws, some of which were lyrical and some that were just crazy with the flow and chemistry.

In fact, whoever said that you had to be an amazing lyricists to diss? Who made the rule about being technical in a diss song?

Also, how could you sit up here and tell me hitemup was fire because of the end only, which is part false. Please 10 years ago, I bet you were not saying this sh*t you spitting up her. Hitemup's delivery was crazy from beginning to the end. Even the hook and beat was hot. And who can forget some of the classic outlaw verses. Maybe you should invest in some new speakers or something because you are talking bananas.

And just because Biggie said one hot line doesn't mean he could've a.ssaulted anyone. Biggie was not a battle rapper, plain and simple. Slick rhymes and slick wordplay doesn't mean you can sh*t on anybody that goes against you. The fact of the matter is that Biggie didn't have nothing to say about pac, it's not about the most lyrical. Even Biggie's attempt for a diss song, Long Kiss Goodnight was a.ss.
What I'm saying is that Pac had more of a slick mouth and more dirt to anihilate their careers if he wanted. Like I said, you don't have to be a lyricist or have a thousand punchlines to murder somebody, so you need to stop with that perception.

And don't sit up here and tell me musically Pac couldn't go against Biggie. You must be sick. 2Pac was making classic songs and albums within weeks, while Biggie was taking years to make classics. Like c'mon man. If you really want to get this debate poppin, I'll school your dumb a.ss.

You dudes on the internet think you know so much, but face to face if we were to have a hip hop debate, you'd be shut down. Everything you talking up here is just ludacris. Now all of a sudden if u say hot lines in your raps it means you could murk somebody!!?? WTF?? Man just end it right here?

Last edited by 4REAL; 04-24-2006 at 02:39 PM..
 04-24-2006, 02:32 PM         #105
mixtape mutt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All I gotta say is that Jay is ranked higher than Rakim, KRS, BDK and LL....that's more than enough to get certified as a bullsh*t list.
 11 years ago '06        #106
bugzy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,419 | Props total: 107 107
THE REAL sh*t YOU GET WHEN YOU BUST DOWN MY LINES ADD THAT TO THE FACT I WENT PLAT A BUNCH OF TIMES TIMES THAT TO MY (INFUENCE) ON POP CULTURE IM SUPPOSED TO BE NUMBER ON EVERY BODY LIST WELL SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I NO LONGER EXSEST MAN fu*k THIS WHAT MORE DO I SAY .......JAY Z
 10-31-2006, 02:52 PM         #107
Playboysoldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.........did they really just jay-z infront of nas, biggie, pac, and rakim????

10-31-2006, 02:56 PM         #108
ILLmag 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
only reason they chose Jay-Z is cuz he gets a lot of play on that channel and he is so popular....PAC>>>>JAY-Z

jay-z should be #4
 10-31-2006, 03:01 PM         #109
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggaS IS MAD!

LMAO

I don't even watch MTV. So why ppl mad?

I don't even have a top ten or a top five.
 11 years ago '05        #110
stickemup 
space
space
$8,977 | Props total: 0 0
top ten is an ok list, not my list or my order or nothin but there all nice except for LL Cool J, dude had only one good album in the 80´s and that´s it

and the honorable mentions are boring too except for Scarface & Snoop
 10-31-2006, 03:33 PM         #111
BOX•CHEV 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gay-z Paid Them
 11 years ago '05        #112
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,811 | Props total: 1520 1520
worst list i've ever seen in my entire life... jay-z is not even top 10 alive
 10-31-2006, 04:04 PM         #113
mygangstalean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man fu*k mtv, what they know about hip hop

zzzzzz a.ss zzzzzz'z

ill give it to jay-z he is a great great rapper

but he aint THE greatest

that slot is forever reserved for tupac
 10-31-2006, 04:05 PM         #114
mygangstalean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i meant to say c.r.a.c.k.a a.ss c.r.a.c.k.a.z
 11 years ago '06        #115
J.Shykes 
space
space
$1,116 | Props total: 1053 1053
You all need to quit getting worked up over a list. Do you think that MTV knows hip-hop? Hip Hop would not have even been shown on MTV if they didn't see it's potential. In my opinion, these guys are reaching for some of these emcees, but it's just a list. There's no need to spread some hate just because Jay-Z is at #1.
 10-31-2006, 05:47 PM         #116
Scribbler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.....they probably contemplated putting 50 Cent at #1.

If a "top 10 rappers" list does not include Scarface but DOES include LL Cool J, I don't take it seriously. Dude spent 10 years of his career making love songs. The only time in the past ten years that he convinced me he has some balls was during his beef with Canibus.

Jay-Z became #1 by biting and flipping numerous lines from #2, #3 and #5. Lyrically, IMO, he's in the top 50....maybe.

1. Rakim
2. Pac

Fuc MTV. They're the Fox News Channel of music channels. And the sad thing is they stopped showing actual music around '01.
 11 years ago '06        #117
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
the list sucks.
All them old a.ss rappers that coldnt sell to save their fu*kin lives.
Cept Jay
 11 years ago '06        #118
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
I saw this on overdrive.... Well that's just opinions.. When it comes to music there is no defined list so everything is opinion..
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
5 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
68 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy