MTV: greatest MCs of all time

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What do you think of the list?
Best list 11 6.71%
It alright 30 18.29%
Jay-Z #1 WTF 99 60.37%
Why Scarface not in the top 10 over LL 24 14.63%
Voters: 164. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 04-18-2006, 02:56 PM         #81
condatis212 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats a terrible list. how did they pick that?
 04-18-2006, 02:58 PM         #82
I ito I 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMAO! No Big L? Eminem #9?
 04-18-2006, 03:03 PM         #83
dolla101 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
remember peeps MTV is a white man's list
 12 years ago '04        #84
DJSHAD 
space
space
$376 | Props total: 157 157
great list, not my order tho
props
 04-18-2006, 03:40 PM         #85
D-BlockSuljah 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MTV .. Enough said
 04-18-2006, 03:55 PM         #86
Double Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wtf...
I spose they did put rakim and krs-one on their, but jay-z number 1? That motherfu*ker could not get a record deal cos they knew he was wack, so he had to start rocafella. I gotta give him props for that cos they got a few good artists on their rosters, but jay-z ain't nuthin special.

50 Cent >>> Olivia >>>> Jay-Z

Rakim should have been no. 1, Slick Rick should be in there, Furious Five, Kool G Rap, ya know the originators

Thats a bullsh*t list.
 12 years ago '05        #87
jeuryrosa 
space
space
$80 | Props total: 0 0
that list is all most right
 12 years ago '05        #88
jeuryrosa 
space
space
$80 | Props total: 0 0
who let mtv pick
 12 years ago '04        #89
DJWho  OP
space
space
$1,316 | Props total: 6 6
 dolla101 said:
remember peeps MTV is a white man's list

there was no white people on this pick the list good to mtv.com
 12 years ago '04        #90
DJWho  OP
space
space
Nas has been the best for the longest do u agree?
 04-18-2006, 08:15 PM         #91
jo blak 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jay_cole said:
I am a huge Jay fan, so I feel like he should have been number one. If you look at lyrics, sales, albums, and consistency, who else on that list is better. True he did pattern his style on B.I.G.s, but B.I.G. didn't have enought albums, so who to say that he would have gotten any better that he was before he died. Pac was a beast, but he only sold albums after he had beef with B.I.G., and he sold more records after he died than while he was here walking this earth with us. You guys are looking at this at a different stand point to think of the best it takes more than just fan support and who you think is the better lyricist. Look at the topic is says MCs not lyricist.
I was gonna write sumthin similar but u sum'd it up perfectly.The only sh*t dat has me like:wow: is dat ice cube sh*t. was they thinkin
 12 years ago '06        #92
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8935 8935
It's like what Star from StarNBucwild said about the MTV lists-"I ain't gonna let a bunch of college f*gs sit there and decide who my greatest mc's are".
 04-18-2006, 09:36 PM         #93
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Snoop and LL damage their legacy with each new album. Kick out LL or Em for Scarface.

Jay as #1 =

And DMX should have at least got honorable mention

Last edited by Krazy K; 04-18-2006 at 09:40 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #94
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,731 | Props total: 2544 2544
Are you idiots serious saying Pac should be ahead of Jay-Z?
Are you out of your mind?
Pac as an artist was dope, probably even the illest ARTIST in Hip-Hop ever... but as an actual MC? GTF outta here with that bull. I wouldn't even put Pac in the top 7.
As an emcee Pac could NEVER go against Jigga. Not even a Pharoahe Monch.
Remember this, Biggie NEVER responded to Pac. Yet all he did was drop one line on Jay's album- "If Faith had twins she prolly have two Pac's"
and it made us all wonder the damage he woulda done if he gave an all out a.ssault, as Pac would him, time and again.

Pac's wording was not clever in the slightest. He was easily the most basic lyricist of that era... it's just that he had SO MUCH CHARISMA that he became a living icon and when he died, rappers such as DMX, Ja Rule, 50 Cent and others began either modelling their image or flow or both on Pac in an attempt to recapture his charisma and presence.

When Pac was alive however... come on man, are you gonna seriously tell me he was revered as an actual Emcee? Don't lie now, tell the truth. Go and dig up one article where Pac is being revered for his actual flow on the mic.

Anyone debating Jigga's placing over Pac must be around 21 years old, so all they remember from that era (being 10 years ago) is Pac's iconic status. Since then, Pac has become so huge in death that it's hard to imagine him being anything less than perfect as a rapper, but in truth? It's always another story...

I aint even a big Jay-Z fan, but to say Pac was a better emcee is blasphemy.

Jigga, Nas, Biggie, Big L, Pharoahe are all- ah forget it!

Last edited by cormega74; 04-18-2006 at 09:44 PM..
 04-18-2006, 10:11 PM         #95
559bulldogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!!:banghead:
 12 years ago '05        #96
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,965 | Props total: 3222 3222
#5 should have been #1.
 12 years ago '04        #97
DJWho  OP
space
space
do u want to know why Jay-z is number 1? because he is an pop idol, im happy to see that no one has said 50 cent or camron or young jezzy
 04-19-2006, 12:06 AM         #98
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I got a list heres the order of my list that its in.
It goes, Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie, Andre from Outkast, Jada, Kurupt,
Nas and then me.

Eminem - Til' I Collapse

Coincidence MTV gives pretty much the same order as Eminem?:rolleyes:
 12 years ago '04        #99
DJWho  OP
space
space
 Krazy K said:
Snoop and LL damage their legacy with each new album. Kick out LL or Em for Scarface.

Jay as #1 =

And DMX should have at least got honorable mention

i can agree wit that
 12 years ago '05        #100
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,427 | Props total: 1369 1369
 cormega74 said:
Are you idiots serious saying Pac should be ahead of Jay-Z?
Are you out of your mind?
Pac as an artist was dope, probably even the illest ARTIST in Hip-Hop ever... but as an actual MC? GTF outta here with that bull. I wouldn't even put Pac in the top 7.
As an emcee Pac could NEVER go against Jigga. Not even a Pharoahe Monch.
Remember this, Biggie NEVER responded to Pac. Yet all he did was drop one line on Jay's album- "If Faith had twins she prolly have two Pac's"
and it made us all wonder the damage he woulda done if he gave an all out a.ssault, as Pac would him, time and again.

Pac's wording was not clever in the slightest. He was easily the most basic lyricist of that era... it's just that he had SO MUCH CHARISMA that he became a living icon and when he died, rappers such as DMX, Ja Rule, 50 Cent and others began either modelling their image or flow or both on Pac in an attempt to recapture his charisma and presence.

When Pac was alive however... come on man, are you gonna seriously tell me he was revered as an actual Emcee? Don't lie now, tell the truth. Go and dig up one article where Pac is being revered for his actual flow on the mic.

Anyone debating Jigga's placing over Pac must be around 21 years old, so all they remember from that era (being 10 years ago) is Pac's iconic status. Since then, Pac has become so huge in death that it's hard to imagine him being anything less than perfect as a rapper, but in truth? It's always another story...

I aint even a big Jay-Z fan, but to say Pac was a better emcee is blasphemy.

Jigga, Nas, Biggie, Big L, Pharoahe are all- ah forget it!
Are you out of your mind. This isn't the best lyricists contests, this is the greatest mc's lists. For your information, 2Pac was the biggest rapper in the country when he died that summer. Jay-Z was not even touching his feet. You said as an MC pac could never go against Jigga, but yet Jigga couldn't say nothing when pac was declaring war. Even pac called his name out and he couldn't say nothing. And for your information, Biggie replied with a diss song called, "Long Kiss Goodnight". As a diss song to hitemup, it's so weak that very few people don't even know it's a diss to 2pac. When you talk about all the qualities of being a perfect mc, jigga don't come close to pac. Nas, Rakim, & Pac are the best mc's.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
96 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
19 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy