Apr 15 - Field Mob disses NY!

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Your Thoughts...

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #381
bjornlee 
space
space
$45 | Props total: 0 0
thats sh*ts kinda old B......
 08-14-2006, 08:20 PM         #382
CANNON A.K.A.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I lived down south for 8 or 9 years of my life back when n*ggaz like UGK and 8ball and MJG was doing the dame thing but now 99% of dsouth rap is bull$hit
thats just reality. A newyork n*gga a never get away with the trash they put out. But at the end of the day i got to respect any black person gettin paper cause i know its a race of people (whites) who wanna see us doing bad. BUT THEM n*ggaZ IS A DISGRACE TO HIP HOP
 11 years ago '06        #383
POPStar50 
space
space
$800 | Props total: 0 0
Maybe this will clear up some things

After a four-year break, Field Mob is readying its Disturbing Tha Peace debut, Light Poles and Pine Trees. In this exclusive, group member Smoke pays respect to New York and blames D4L and Dem Franchize Boyz for hip-hop's demise.

Two albums [2000's 613:Ashy to Classy and 2002's From tha Roota to tha Toota] into their contract with the now defunct MCA Records, Field Mob landed on Geffen. Just when the group's relevance appeared to shrink, Ludacris signed them to DTP last August.

"I went free with my creativity [at DTP]...I was over at MCA aka r*pe you records. Ludacris let me say what I wanna say. If I wanna say, 'sh!t, god damnit, motherfu*ka,' he cool with it, cause he trust my creativity," Smoke said. "I never knew our CEO at MCA Records. I never got to talk to him. But Luda, I smoke buda with Luda. I sip cris with Chris. We're friends more than business partners I'd like to say."

Back in April, reports began spreading that Field Mob had dissed New York on a video leaked to the internet. The duo later denied the claims. While the clip did feature FM poking fun at NY slang, Smoke stresses that it wasn't a diss.

"They [NY] do us like that all the time, but nobody says nothing about it," the Albany, GA rapper pointed out regarding being clowned by northerners. "My bossman is from the heart of Harlem. His name is [DTP CEO] Chaka Zulu. His brother [DTP executive] Jeff [Dixon] is from the heart of Harlem. We [we're] basically mimicking them. The dude that edited it and made it seem like we was getting at New York...if you saw the real DVD, you would have saw that it's just a joke. We joke like that, we have fun."

"DTP fired him from being a cameraman, so what he did was take his footage home and try to slander us with the footage," Smoke continued. "And he chopped it up and edited it like... we were cracking on New York. My bossman says son, b, word up, all that. They don't give a fu*k about it, so why should another motherfu*ka give a fu*k about it? I feel like if the south wasn't on top the way it is right now, it wouldn't have been as big of an issue in my opinion. I would never do that in New York, shoot myself in the foot like that. That's the mecca of hip-hop. If it wasn't from New York, I wouldn't be here today, rapping."

While hip-hop is being declared dead by rappers, critics and fans alike, the south has never been so prosperous. Interestingly, Smoke, a proud south representative, agrees that hip-hop is deceased.

"Hell yeah. Hip-hop is dead. I'mma tell you who k!lled hip-hop... D4L and Dem Franchize Boyz. Those are the murderers of hip-hop, in my opinion. It was already dying. They just came over and k!lled it," Smoke revealed. "Nobody doing hip-hop is selling records. Lil' Wayne is the only motherfu*ka doing hip-hop that's selling, him and [Young] Jeezy. Hip-Hop is not what it used to be."

"I love D4L and Franchize Boyz. I love 'Laffy Taffy' and all that sh!t, so don't get it fu*ked up. I ain't dissing them ni99as at all. They from GA, Georgia. I'm a Georgia ni99a," Smoke added. "Me and Shawn we still make hip-hop music, but people don't wanna accept it because it got a southern twang. Hip-hop is wordplay, saying something, metaphors. I love hip-hop. I fell in love with Mobb Deep, Nas. These are the people that influenced me. People like Bun B. He's a hip-hop artist. MJG, Eightball, those are hip-hop southern artists. The old south is hip-hop. The new south...naaahh!"

Field Mob's Light Poles and Pine Trees featuring guest spots by Ludacris, Bobby Valentino and Ciara with production by Jazze Pha is in stores today.

Source: rgf.com
 08-15-2006, 08:33 PM         #384
J-Blakk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 305_Movement said:
iight you have just proved yourself as the idiot of the day....since when does record sales define talent...fuk a.ss idiot...n u wanna talk bout sales, n look who u mention jae millz?? commonnnnn...obviously u neva heard sh*t from field mob, u prolly neva even heard of tha n*ggas until today, but like alll of yo ny n*ggas, u afraid of tha truth....REAL sh*t THA ONLY n*gga PUSHIN UNITS IN NY IS 50...POINT BLANK...lets move it to tha south...............lemme c some otha fuk a.ss n*gga try to push 500,000 in tha first week in todays time...HAAAAAA :finger: aint happenin itssss ovvaaa fo NY
true story
 08-15-2006, 08:37 PM         #385
J-Blakk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hyphy707 said:
That sh*t is old. Them n*ggaz was talkin' sh*t months ago. Who cares?? Field Mob is weak though, "georgia" was a wack track, the one with ciara was for women only, and their "sick of being lonely" track was awful also. They have no room to talk, they're garbage. Anybody watch MTV Jamz?? n*gga the bay is all over that sh*t, Keak Da Sneak, Turf Talk, Champ Bailey, Big Rich who is currently Jam of the week, E-40, mayne, all ya'll can argue about the south and Ny. Everybody got good, and weak cats from they area, period.
:applause: :applause:that last statement was well put
 08-15-2006, 08:44 PM         #386
J-Blakk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2 sum it all up just 2 sum it all up you have your nice & wack from everywhere and just bcus the south is known for anthems and beats doesn't mean we can't hold our own on the mic vice versa when a east coast artist tryna get raido play what format does he switch 2 or who does he colab with when it's all said and done music is music and you gonna like it or not but don't say south is runing hip hop when i can name some ec cats that imitating.
 08-15-2006, 08:57 PM         #387
williestubbs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
South has been runnin sh*t for a while now cuz NY music is wack. Jay is gone, Nas is takin time off. The whole G-Unit sh*t is water'd down. The Roots is the only group still making true hip-hop music.
 11 years ago '06        #388
snuup408 
space
space
space
$203 | Props total: 0 0
The south deserves there time to be king. I went to NY and Ca and they were both playing south shi. all day. Even Ny and CA rappers have south tracks. Theres always going to be haters. If NY or the west want the crown back. Handle ya biz and get it back. Talk is cheap M.F
 08-15-2006, 09:15 PM         #389
ItsYaboyJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^Yep, samething I said but I don't think NY is going to get anything back until 5 years from now
 11 years ago '05        #390
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,867 | Props total: 123 123
The south running sh*t???? This is too funny!
 08-15-2006, 10:04 PM         #391
Gianni  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
field mob is gay. you see the way that bald guy was freestyling. his eyes be lookin all over the place. does he think its cool or something hahaha. both of them are f*gs
 08-15-2006, 10:24 PM         #392
KeithArd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
south is innovating some of the gayest dances, slang, and garbage disgraceful music. to me most south songs sounds like a pack of rabid 5 year olds with downs syndrome broke into these dudes homes, stole their rhymebooks and replaced them with their own. :banghead:

Ill Al Skratch - Where My Homiez?
Black Moon- I Gotcha Opin.
THATS HIP HOP
i'm rambling now I know.
don't care.
keep it soulful.
 11 years ago '06        #393
TAS1971 
space
space
$505 | Props total: 2 2
fu*k all them n*ggaz sayin fu*k tha south rap wood b dead wit out tha south
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
8 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy