Apr 7 - XXL declares the King of New York: YOUNG JEEZY???

most viewed right now
 108
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
21 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 69
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 62
Image(s) inside This is what the richest zip code in America looks like
88 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 54
Kanye West working on MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 04-07-2006, 11:07 PM         #1
7269 pageviews
146 comments


bravesrule 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apr 7 - XXL declares the King of New York: YOUNG JEEZY???
 

 
The Location: Brooklyn, New York City. Time: Summer 2005. Its a monumental day in the borough that keeps on taking it, because the hottest rapper in the game is filming his new video right in their backyard. Plus all of NYC’s finest, who usually are too busy making diss songs about each other, came out showing their full support. Tri-Staters Jay-Z, Cam’ron, Jadakiss, Fabolous, Juelz Santana, Foxy Brown, Jim Jones, Tru-Life, Beanie Sigel plus many more who swore they would never be in the same vicinity as one an other. Plus hundreds of other fans gawking at the scene with the new star’s T-shirt on their backs. But the man of the hour has more than a shirt on his back, he has a whole city in the palm of his hand. Ladies and gentlemen, the new king of New York:

Young Jeezy.

That’s riiiiiiight. Who else holds down the core of the Big Apple like Young Gizzle from the bottom of the map? What NYC rapper gets the street love like Mr. 17.5? What other mixtape got more burn than Trap Or Die and Can’t Ban The Snowman at your local African retailer? His PROMOTIONAL T-shirt was so popular that people started bootlegging and making their own versions of it! Who in NYC got that kind of cult following? These people weren’t just wearing it in Georgia, but on 125th, Fulton Street, Jamaica Avenue, etc.

Who’s his competition? Jay-Z put his chencletas up for now, retired from rap with a desk job and in a committed relationship. Nas, also bitten by the love bug, tattooed “that bi*ch” on his arm and signed to Old Hov in the most shocking truce in hip-hop history. No one really counts 50 as being a New Yorker anymore. Between Dr. Dre and his Cali twang, there’s a strong case 50 Cent might be the King of LA. Cam’Ron had it for about a week with the infamous diss record, but got his crowned revoked with the A-Side B-Side of “Suck It Or Not” and “Wet Wipes”. Jada hasn’t been the same since Interscope Jackson pushed Styles P’s album back to whenever Jesus comes. Fab? Maybe in a couple years.

Here’s the king of new york break downs since 1993:

93: Meth
94: BIG/Nas
95: BIG
96: BIG
97: BIG (R.I.P)
98: Jay-Z
99: Jay-Z
00: Jay-Z
01: Jay-Z
02: Nas
03: 50 Cent
04: Jay-Z
05: Jeezy
06: So far Jeezy…But T.I. Would be a good argument

The South is running this rap shiii. But its not limited to below the Dixie line, they own the Mid West, NYC and Cali. Stay tuned for next time when I give my reasons why T.I.P. Is the king of rap.


[pic - click to view]

 http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=894

146 comments for "Apr 7 - XXL declares the King of New York: YOUNG JEEZY???"

 04-07-2006, 11:08 PM         #2
bravesrule  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is fu*kin retarded what do u guys think?
 12 years ago '05        #3
bezee 
space
space
space
$653 | Props total: 291 291
sooooooo stupid
 12 years ago '05        #4
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 3 3
in a way they have a point
 12 years ago '04        #5
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$11,061 | Props total: 924 924
I guess Nas died.
 12 years ago '04        #6
jiggamanll 
space
avatar space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 0 0
Jeezy has no lyrical content and he is the king of new york? rap is going to need a tombstone real soon somebody dig the six foot grave.
 04-07-2006, 11:37 PM         #7
**P$C**  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jeezy is that n*gga but even he said hes not a rapper he just make tight joints ... how he gon be king of ny neway ..next they gon be sayin D4L is lyrically sick lmao
 12 years ago '05        #8
mattdogg444 
space
avatar space
space
$14,559 | Props total: 836 836
wha the fu*k?
 04-07-2006, 11:37 PM         #9
DJLow2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! XXL is stupid.
 12 years ago '04        #10
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$26,912 | Props total: 5732 5732
 bravesrule said:
this is fu*kin retarded what do u guys think?
tip> jeezy
 04-07-2006, 11:41 PM         #11
iGNiTE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That sh*t was a blog on XXL, so XXL really aint got nothing to do with it.

But yo, if Jeezy is king of NY, what next? Paris Hilton is the queen of R&B? Richard Simmons King of the heteros3xuals? Wesley Snipes got the award for most light skinned actor in the game?
 12 years ago '04        #12
Bigmiketruth 
space
avatar space
space
$962 | Props total: 0 0
This mag been dead since they started givin aftermath dome for beefin wit the source...
 12 years ago '05        #13
ceo-of-hucworld 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$8,390 | Props total: 11490 11490
last time I checked you have to be from NY to be the king of NY or am I mistaken? XXL gonna make me stop fu*kin with them now. sh*t, where is the Source at by the way damn it?
 04-07-2006, 11:45 PM         #14
**P$C**  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how u gon be king of another city u aint from...
 04-07-2006, 11:46 PM         #15
cokingdc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jiggamanll said:
Jeezy has no lyrical content and he is the king of new york? rap is going to need a tombstone real soon somebody dig the six foot grave.

:applause: Could not have said it better:applause:
 04-07-2006, 11:49 PM         #16
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bravesrule said:
The Location: Brooklyn, New York City. Time: Summer 2005. Its a monumental day in the borough that keeps on taking it, because the hottest rapper in the game is filming his new video right in their backyard. Plus all of NYC’s finest, who usually are too busy making diss songs about each other, came out showing their full support. Tri-Staters Jay-Z, Cam’ron, Jadakiss, Fabolous, Juelz Santana, Foxy Brown, Jim Jones, Tru-Life, Beanie Sigel plus many more who swore they would never be in the same vicinity as one an other. Plus hundreds of other fans gawking at the scene with the new star’s T-shirt on their backs. But the man of the hour has more than a shirt on his back, he has a whole city in the palm of his hand. Ladies and gentlemen, the new king of New York:

Young Jeezy.

That’s riiiiiiight. Who else holds down the core of the Big Apple like Young Gizzle from the bottom of the map? What NYC rapper gets the street love like Mr. 17.5? What other mixtape got more burn than Trap Or Die and Can’t Ban The Snowman at your local African retailer? His PROMOTIONAL T-shirt was so popular that people started bootlegging and making their own versions of it! Who in NYC got that kind of cult following? These people weren’t just wearing it in Georgia, but on 125th, Fulton Street, Jamaica Avenue, etc.

Who’s his competition? Jay-Z put his chencletas up for now, retired from rap with a desk job and in a committed relationship. Nas, also bitten by the love bug, tattooed “that bi*ch” on his arm and signed to Old Hov in the most shocking truce in hip-hop history. No one really counts 50 as being a New Yorker anymore. Between Dr. Dre and his Cali twang, there’s a strong case 50 Cent might be the King of LA. Cam’Ron had it for about a week with the infamous diss record, but got his crowned revoked with the A-Side B-Side of “Suck It Or Not” and “Wet Wipes”. Jada hasn’t been the same since Interscope Jackson pushed Styles P’s album back to whenever Jesus comes. Fab? Maybe in a couple years.

Here’s the king of new york break downs since 1993:

93: Meth
94: BIG/Nas
95: BIG
96: BIG
97: BIG (R.I.P)
98: Jay-Z
99: Jay-Z
00: Jay-Z
01: Jay-Z
02: Nas
03: 50 Cent
04: Jay-Z
05: Jeezy
06: So far Jeezy…But T.I. Would be a good argument

The South is running this rap shiii. But its not limited to below the Dixie line, they own the Mid West, NYC and Cali. Stay tuned for next time when I give my reasons why T.I.P. Is the king of rap.

Since when is Beanie Sigel a New Yorker? :rolleyes:

And you know this sh*t is false because XXl would NEVER say anything bad about G-Unit/Aftermath/Shady
 04-07-2006, 11:59 PM         #17
**P$C**  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no sir....... jeezy aint even the king of the A.....hell he barely in the damn running
 04-08-2006, 12:08 AM         #18
DFB  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jeezy has the game on lock right now.
 12 years ago '04        #19
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$18,337 | Props total: 5654 5654
so they have an article in the magazine dissing the south but name not even the best rapper from the south the king of new york.

Wow.
 04-08-2006, 12:11 AM         #20
**P$C**  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread makes no fukkin sense....
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Jose Guapo out here down bad
58 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
116 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
119 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Some chick tossed her drink on Boxdens Favorite mayonnaise Queen.
134 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside k dot kicks w**** girl off stage for n****
612 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside H1z1 drops on PS4 tomorrow, here’s 11 tips to dominate
58 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy