NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #161
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
$17,926 | Props total: 4287 4287
QB Coach:Todd Berry Q&A

Q: What is your post-spring take on Kyle Wright?

Berry: I'm very, very excited about Kyle. He's passionate, talented, is cerebral. He's a great talent. And he recognizes the things he needs to work on. He wants to get better as a player, so he kind of hangs on every word that you talk about. He's going to work hard to continue to get better because he's driven by the desire to become the best that he can be and also recognizes the impact with what we're doing offensively of what he can do for the team.

Q: The changes on offense that have been put in, do they accentuate his particular skill sets better?

Berry: I think currently what we're doing, it's still a work in progress -- and early-on we ran an awful lot of last year's offense and continue to do so; there was nothing wrong with what they were doing last year, there were some very good things. But we want to get a gauge on what we have. Saying that, there's no question we have some athletic quarterbacks, and we need to make sure those quarterbacks are a functional part of the offense rather than a secondary part of the offense.

Q: Was it hard for the quarterbacks to get the timing down with so few healthy scholarship receivers this spring?

Berry: It wasn't necessarily that hard. Is our chemistry great? No. But our timing is good, and that's more important right now. The main focus I had with the quarterbacks this spring was making sure we were throwing on our time rather than on the receivers time. The orchestration that goes on between the quarterbacks and the receivers is really important. But the quarterbacks have got to get the receivers on their page rather than vice versa. And if you wait on receivers, then they're going to always -- every place that I've ever been -- control the timing in the passing game, which is what you don't want. So my focus this spring wasn't necessarily on completions, but on us getting the ball out of our hands whenever we were ready to get the ball out of our hands. And through that process you teach your receivers that, `Hey, you better be here at this time, because that's where the ball is going to be and that's when it's going to be there.' Along those lines we made tremendous progress. It doesn't mean we always had completions, but our receivers are now learning that `Hey, I've got to be here at this time' regardless of which receiver it is, a starter or not. The timing in the passing game is controlled by the quarterback and not the receiver, and I think we did a good job with that.

Q: So if the receiver stopped two yards short and cut on a route this spring and Kyle saw that, Kyle would throw the ball nowhere near the receiver?

Berry: Exactly. Hit him in the back of the head with the ball. As soon as we're ready to throw, we're throwing the football. It's on our time, not their time.

Q: Receivers really were getting hit in the helmet with balls?

Berry: Oh, absolutely. They didn't early-on until I kind of got the quarterbacks convinced in this mode of doing that. But I think in the process, the receivers are excited. The offensive line is excited about how fast we're getting the ball out of our hands. And they know where the football's going to be all the time. It's the quarterbacks teaching the receivers where they need to be rather than the receivers going out and figuring where they want to be and the quarterbacks working off that.

Q: With Kirby Freeman, what have you seen in his development this spring?

Berry: He's very intelligent, is passionate about getting better. Both those guys are great competitors. They come to work every day. Kirby's a very creative guy, and that's something I really can't coach. He's got great pocket awareness. The (two quarterbacks) are a little bit different, so I handle them a little bit different. In certain situations I'll tell Kyle `I'd like to see you do this.' And I'd say to Kirby `I'd like to see you do that.' There's nothing wrong with that. I've done that before with quarterbacks. I think in the process of all that, you allow each quarterback to express who they are rather than get into this robot mold, which is not what we want our quarterbacks to be. We don't want a bunch of robots. We want them to utilize their talents.

Q: With Freeman, coach Larry Coker mentioned he could get his own package of plays in games. But he has similar speed to Wright, so what gives him a niche?

Berry: That's all really still to be played out. With 15 practices (this spring), that's somewhat a limited number of practices to make some true judgments on. But certainly Kirby is a very, very quick player. Consequently we need to utilize his quickness on plays. Quarterbacks are certainly going to call the game differently depending on what quarterback is in there. So we want to utilize both their skills along those lines. Where that fits in, that's still up in the air. But certainly there's some roles that Kirby can play. We've had some very, very open conversations, Kirby and I, about where he's at and what he needs to do, as I've had with Kyle and the other (walk-on) quarterbacks. Most young people just want to know where they sit.

Q: Are Kyle and Kirby close to where you want them to be based on the spring?

Berry: I think as far as their knowledge of what we're doing right now, yes. Are there things we need to improve on? There's no question. I also understand that hopefully they gain some things from the spring that last them through the summer as far as things I'd like to see corrected. They're both hard workers. This summer they're going to go out there and work on those things, because that's the kind of people they are. I know they'll come back in pre-season camp maybe not being perfect, but they're going to be better

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 04-25-2006 at 09:46 AM..
 04-25-2006, 01:51 PM         #162
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
http://www.allcanes.com/

Best site for all of tha U stuff you would want.

<-----Former Employee and Still go there to handle computer issues..
 04-27-2006, 07:29 PM         #163
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Scouts Inc.'s Top 32
Player Class Pos. School
1. Reggie Bush Jr. RB USC
2. Mario Williams Jr. DE N.C. State
3. D'Brickashaw Ferguson Sr. OT Virginia
4. Matt Leinart Sr. QB USC
5. A.J. Hawk Sr. LB Ohio St.
6. Vernon Davis Jr. TE Maryland
7. Vince Young Jr. QB Texas
8. Michael Huff Sr. DB Texas
9. Brodrick Bunkley Sr. DT Florida St.
10. Haloti Ngata Jr. DT Oregon
11. Jay Cutler Sr. QB Vanderbilt
12. Winston Justice Jr. OT USC
13. Kamerion Wimbley Sr. DE Florida St.
14. Ernie Sims Jr. OLB Florida St.
15. Chad Jackson Jr. WR Florida
16. Santonio Holmes Jr. WR Ohio St.
17. Chad Greenway Sr. LB Iowa
18. DeAngelo Williams Sr. RB Memphis
19. Jimmy Williams Sr. DB Virginia Tech
20. Donte Whitner Jr. S Ohio St.
21. Johnathan Joseph Jr. CB South Carolina
22. Manny Lawson Sr. DE NC State
23. Antonio Cromartie Jr. CB Florida St.
24. Laurence Maroney Jr. RB Minnesota
25. Nick Mangold Sr. OC Ohio St.
26. Tye Hill Sr. CB Clemson
27. Jason Allen Sr. S Tennessee
28. Ashton Youboty Jr. CB Ohio St.
29. LenDale White Jr. RB USC
30. Bobby Carpenter Sr. OLB Ohio St.
31. Sinorice Moss Sr. WR Miami-Fla.
32. Kelly Jennings Sr. CB Miami-Fla.

They got Jennings jumping into the first roung, kids got heart and great db SIZE... should be sick
 04-30-2006, 06:57 PM         #164
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
April 29, 2006

CaneSport News Wire
The University of Miami's Kelly Jennings was selected with the 31st choice in the first round of Saturday's NFL draft, extending the school record streak to 12 consecutive years in which a Hurricanes player has been chosen in the first round. He was chosen by the Seattle Seahawks.

The streak is unprecedented in football history. The previous longest streak was eight straight years by the University of Florida (1983-91). The University of Miami's string began in 1995 when Warren Sapp was drafted in the first round. Since then, UM has had 29 players drafted in the first round of the NFL draft.

"It's a badge of honor. It is pretty special," said UM head coach Larry Coker. "I am very excited that the streak has continued. The streak is nice, but I'm really excited for Kelly Jennings."

Since 1982, Miami has had 45 players drafted in the first round of the NFL draft. Prior to 1982, only 11 UM players had ever been selected in the first round.

The next player taken from UM in this year's draft was Roger McIntosh, who went with pick 35 (No. 3 in the second round) to the Washington Redskins. Sinorice Moss followed later in the second round with the No. 44 overall pick to the New York Giants. And Devin Hester went at No. 57 overall to the Chicago Bears.

Eric Winston was the next Cane selected with the No. 2 pick of the third round (No. 66 overall). He went to Houston. And Rashad Butler went with the No. 89 overall pick to Carolina.

Others picked in the draft: Leon Williams (fourth round, 13th pick to Cleveland), Orien Harris (fourth round, 36th pick to Pittsburgh) and Marcus Maxey (fifth round, 22nd pick to Kansas City).

Here are the Miami first-round draft selections all-time:

Player-Position ; Year; No.; Team
Jennings, Kelly-CB; 2006; 31; Seattle
Rolle, Antrel-CB; 2005; 8; Arizona
Taylor, Sean-FS; 2004; 5; Washington
Winslow, Kellen-TE; 2004; 6; Cleveland
Vilma, Jonathan; 2004; 12; N.Y. Jets
Williams, D.J.-LB; 2004; 17; Denver
Carey, Vernon-OL; 2004; 19; Miami
Wilfork, Vince-DT; 2004; 21; New England
Johnson, Andre-WR; 2003; 3; Houston Texans
McDougle, Jerome-DL; 2003; 15; Philadelphia
McGahee, Willis-RB; 2003; 23; Buffalo
Joseph, William-DT; 2003; 25; N.Y. Giants
McKinnie, Bryant-OL; 2002; 7; Minnesota
Shockey, Jeremy-TE; 2002; 14; N.Y. Giants
Buchanon, Phillip-CB; 2002; 17; Oakland
Reed, Edward-S; 2002; 24; Baltimore
Rumph, Mike-CB; 2002; 27; San Francisco
Morgan, Dan-LB; 2001; 11; Carolina
Lewis, Damione-DT; 2001; 12; St. Louis Rams
Moss, Santana-WR; 2001; 16; New York
Wayne, Reggie-WR; 2001; 30; Indianapolis
Franks, Daniel-TE; 2000; 14; Green Bay
James, Edgerrin-RB; 1999; 4; Indianapolis
Starks, Duane-CB; 1998; 10; Baltimore
Green, Yatil-WR; 1997; 15; Miami
Lang, Kenard-DE; 1997; 17; Washington
Holmes, Kenny-DE; 1997; 18; Tennessee
Lewis, Ray-LB; 1996; 26; Baltimore
Sapp, Warren-DT; 1995; 12; Tampa Bay
Searcy, Leon-OL; 1992 ; 11 ; Pittsburgh
Williams, Darryl-DB ; 1992 ; 28 ; Cincinnati
Maryland, Russell-DT ; 1991 ; 1; Dallas
Hill, Randal-WR ; 1991 ; 23 ; Miami
Kennedy, Cortez-DT ; 1990 ; 3 ; Seattle
Hawkins, Bill-DE ; 1989 ; 21; L.A. Rams
Gary, Cleveland-RB ; 1989 ; 26 ; L.A. Rams
Walsh, Steve-QB; 1989; 1*; Dallas
Blades, Bennie-DB ; 1988 ; 3 ; Detroit
Irvin, Michael-WR ; 1988 ; 11 ; Dallas
Testaverde, Vinny-QB ; 1987 ; 1; Tampa Bay
Highsmith, Alonzo-RB ; 1987 ; 3; Houston
Brown, Jerome-DT ; 1987 ; 9 ; Philadelphia
Brown, Eddie-WR ; 1985 ; 13 ; Cincinnati
Kosar, Bernie-QB; 1984; 1*; Cleveland
Kelly, Jim-QB ; 1983 ; 14 ; Buffalo
Williams, Lester-DT; 1982 ; 27 ; New England
Anderson, Ottis-RB ; 1979 ; 8 ; St. Louis
Smith, Don-DE ; 1979 ; 17 ; Atlanta
Latimer, Don-DT ; 1978 ; 27 ; Denver
Edwards, Eddie-DT ; 1977 ; 3; Cincinnati
Harrah, Dennis-OL ; 1975 ; 11 ; L.A. Rams
Foreman, Chuck-RB ; 1973 ; 12; Minnesota
Owens, Burgess-DB ; 1973 ; 13 ; N.Y. Jets
Trosch, Gene-DT ; 1967 ; 24; Kansas City
Bosseler, Don-B ; 1957 ; 1 ; Washington
Losch, Jack-B ; 1956 ; 1; Green Bay
Dooley, Jim-B ; 1952 ; 1 ; Chicago

* Supplemental draft choice
 12 years ago '06        #165
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18895 18895
im curious as to how Kyle Wright's gonna do this season, i thought he underachieved last season big time...i think he can be really good....
 04-30-2006, 07:37 PM         #166
pirublood23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hope the hurricanes go undefeated but that wont happen wit kyle wright under center.
 12 years ago '04        #167
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 RAZAH CUTS said:
im curious as to how Kyle Wright's gonna do this season, i thought he underachieved last season big time...i think he can be really good....
how did he underachive exactly? only people who say this is the ones who havent watched the games closely.

he led the ACC in passing effiency seeing the field for the first time and was getting k!lled behind an awful oline.
 05-02-2006, 03:08 PM         #168
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo CRIP, you got that Pic of 'Wether in original size? Im looking for pics of last football season..
 12 years ago '04        #169
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 Sh0wty said:
Yo CRIP, you got that Pic of 'Wether in original size? Im looking for pics of last football season..
hold on let me look
 05-02-2006, 03:20 PM         #170
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm starting to get excited about college football.
 12 years ago '04        #171
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
Good News Guys every Cane that went into the Draft this year is under an NFL contract.

Kelley Jennings-Seahawks(1st Round)
Rocky McIntosh- Redskins(2nd Round)
Sinorice Moss- Giants(2nd Round)
Devin Hester- Bears(2nd Round)
Eric Winston- Texans(3rd round)
Rashad Butler-Panthers(3rd Round)
Leon Williams- Browns(4th Round)
Orien Harris- Steelers(4th round)
Marcus Maxey- Chiefs(5th Round)

Undrafted

Buck Ortega- Redskins
Tanard Davis - Colts
Greg Threat- Falcons
Tony Tella - Giants
Tyler McMeans - Bears
Thomas Caroll- Giants
Quad Hill- Texans
Javon Nanton- has contract offers with raiders,vikings,and other teams
 12 years ago '04        #172
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

he will be an AA Safety coming out and more than likely a top 10 pick in the Next NFL Draft

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 05-02-2006 at 03:39 PM..
 05-02-2006, 03:36 PM         #173
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*boo's this thread*

cant wait for Labor day...we gunna take it to u f*g**ts...make it 2 in a row...starting our own streak...FSU = looking animalistic this year
 12 years ago '04        #174
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 T.O.N.Y said:
*boo's this thread*

cant wait for Labor day...we gunna take it to u f*g**ts...make it 2 in a row...starting our own streak...FSU = looking animalistic this year
haha get the fu*k outta here. FSU lookin animalistic this year. yall cant even run the fu*kin football and yall QB arm is weak as sh*t.

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 05-02-2006 at 03:40 PM..
 05-02-2006, 03:43 PM         #175
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
haha get the fu*k outta here. FSU lookin animalistic this year. yall cant even run the fu*kin football and yall QB arm is weak as sh*t.
we cant run the ball...ur basing that off last years performance where half our O-Line was hurt and the rest was inexperienced ok ok...our o-line sucked not our running game fool...we had 2 NFL caliber backs last year (Leon Washington drafted by Jets and L.Booker who will be drafted after next year) and we got 2 more NFL caliber backs this year wit Booker coming back and last years top RB recruit Antone Smith...and our O-Line will be much much better...Weatherford will actually have time to pass the ball and we will actually be able to run the ball...we couldnt do that last year and we still beat yall and won the ACC title...so whats that tell u about next year dummy? ITS A WRAP
 12 years ago '04        #176
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 T.O.N.Y said:
we cant run the ball...ur basing that off last years performance where half our O-Line was hurt and the rest was inexperienced ok ok...our o-line sucked not our running game fool...we had 2 NFL caliber backs last year (Leon Washington drafted by Jets and L.Booker who will be drafted after next year) and we got 2 more NFL caliber backs this year wit Booker coming back and last years top RB recruit Antone Smith...and our O-Line will be much much better...Weatherford will actually have time to pass the ball and we will actually be able to run the ball...we couldnt do that last year and we still beat yall and won the ACC title...so whats that tell u about next year dummy? ITS A WRAP
yall didnt do to much of anything to beat us. offensively wise more so than defensively. we had dropped INT's, missed FG's, bad snaps, 1st year starter at QB and yall could only crawl to a victory. and from all reports so far yall still cant run the ball.
 05-02-2006, 03:53 PM         #177
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
yall didnt do to much of anything to beat us. offensively wise more so than defensively. we had dropped INT's, missed FG's, bad snaps, 1st year starter at QB and yall could only crawl to a victory. and from all reports so far yall still cant run the ball.
what reports? gtfoh...how u gunna argue wit some1 whos watched spring practices and the spring game...we will be nasty dawg...FEAR THE NOLES:applause:
 12 years ago '04        #178
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 T.O.N.Y said:
what reports? gtfoh...how u gunna argue wit some1 whos watched spring practices and the spring game...we will be nasty dawg...FEAR THE NOLES:applause:
didnt antoine smith rush for 12 yards on like 10 carries. it was somethin around those numbers. and he was your startin RB
 07-05-2006, 03:01 AM         #179
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Uppin this Piff, this years champ no doubt!
 11 years ago '04        #180
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
yeah im back my computer was fu*kin up for a minute wouldnt let me get on here so ill continue updating.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
168 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy