Miami Hurricanes Preview 2006

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #21
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
$17,922 | Props total: 4282 4282
 RakimAllahNY said:
This should be the Offical Hurrican page. PROPS man

I love the defense this year, I wish Hester coulda stayed but whatever. Our FS and SS are gonna team up in the best secondary in the country.
yeah i know its gon be difficult though. We have to find a way to get Brandon Meriweather, Kenny Phillips and Anthony Redd*ck on the field some how some way.
 04-07-2006, 02:34 PM         #22
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
yeah i know its gon be difficult though. We have to find a way to get Brandon Meriweather, Kenny Phillips and Anthony Redd*ck on the field some how some way.

Ya you gotta have Kenny on the filed no matter what. Hes such a great athlete at that poistion. Larry is a good game coach he will figure it out. Im more worried about QB play right now anyway
 12 years ago '05        #23
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
Hester's family is in need of money. They are broke as fu*k. It wasn't the best move, but right now to him, it's the only move.
 04-07-2006, 02:37 PM         #24
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Santoro said:
Hester's family is in need of money. They are broke as fu*k. It wasn't the best move, but right now to him, it's the only move.

Ya man I know, I guess his roof was like fallin thru and what not, sh*t sucks they said they were gonna use him like Reggie bush at every position. Whatever we got the ill defense in my eyes.
 12 years ago '04        #25
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
Did anybody else here actually feel a little bit sorry for Greg Threat besides myself. i mean he lead the team in tackles the year before and then he just disappeared into the depth chart. i liked him to. they said his family is heated at miami. but as far as Hester go yeah he said he needed to help his family plus it didnt help that his girlfriend the one that got drafted to washington WNBA team was leaving school.
 12 years ago '04        #26
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$13,021 | Props total: 2914 2914
man this hurricane team is gonna be loaded...they've got the talent, now its up to coker to make it all work
 04-07-2006, 03:00 PM         #27
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
t. moss is the key
 12 years ago '04        #28
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 Bezerk said:
t. moss is the key
Oline is. without them everything fails(LSU,GT)

Ty Moss is a big part of our running game but we have good enough backups to takeover until he returns.
 12 years ago '06        #29
lastdaze 
space
space
$617 | Props total: 77 77
 SteveSS said:
Take Ryan Moore off that list of 10 best players.

Are you crazy? All the other receivers are unproven and inconsistent at best, we just couldnt get the ball to Moore enough last year but there is no question he is one of the most talented players on the team.
 12 years ago '04        #30
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
believe it or not we have one of the most talented group of WR's in the nation we just have to get them the ball more.

they say legget has bulked up 15-20 pounds and has been k!llin em in practice.
 04-07-2006, 03:55 PM         #31
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's all about our O-Line, without it nothing is gonna go. We have sick wideouts, nice rb's the best TE in the game. We need the line to catch up and constistency from the QB
 12 years ago '04        #32
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
I 'm glad we got a new offensive coordinater. we were too predictable last year. we need to stop babying kyle wright and open up the offense. hopefully oslon will give us a more vertical passing game.
 12 years ago '04        #33
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
Friday, April 7, 2006 Practice Report

Receiver Darnell Jenkins was carted off Greentree Practice Field today with what coach Larry Coker called a sprained ankle.

"It looked that way," Coker said. "It looked like he might have turned his ankle."

The depth at receiver was already thin, but could get a boost with Coker saying [db]Ryan Moore[/db] is expected to return next week from a pulled leg muscle.

"I'll be surprised if he's not (back next week)," Coker said. "He ran today. We're really thin at the receiver position. We need to have him back."

Here's everything else Coker was talking about following the April 7 practice:

Opening statement: Guys are still running around having fun. We got some situational stuff done today. Guys responded pretty well, made some plays on offense, made some plays on defense, which is kind of what you like as a head coach.

Q: Willie Williams is back.

Coker: He's able to keep food down, is back at practice. That is good to see. I don't think it was anything serious, and that's the main thing. He's a little weak, did most everything today. He was in on blitz drills and everything.

Q: Missing two weeks of spring practice, is that a big deal for him?

Coker: I don't think it's a big deal. You're trying to find your niche, so obviously you don't want to miss anything. It is spring practice. It's not like you missed two days and we're getting ready to play tomorrow. Can he recover, get back to where he needs to be? I think he can. We expect him to.

Q: How is Anthony Redd*ck doing?

Coker: Real well. Anthony is a good football player. He played some at corner, but he'll be a safety. I think he's a tremendous football player. We just have to get him healthy.

Q: You'll have Brandon Meriweather, Kenny Phillips and Redd*ck next year. Is that a reason to try Redd*ck at corner?

Coker: He'll be on the field a lot. I don't know that we'll need him at corner. Hopefully we won't. Because we'll need to have better corners than Anthony is at corner. We had some guys bruised up today (so Redd*ck played some cornerback).

Q: How is Derron Thomas looking?

Coker: He's looked okay, not great. He's done some good things. He hasn't missed anything. He's got a lot of opportunities this spring.

Q: Are the running backs blocking better than last season?

Coker: I think so. They work every day on blocking. They're doing much better blocking. Plus we block live against our defense in drill work, one-on-one situations. I've seen improvement there. They're a year older, just need repetitions.

Q: At cornerback, who has stood out?

Coker: Glenn Sharpe. He's a lot better than any of them. He's limited in what we're doing with him (coming off a knee injury), but he's good. [db]Bruce Johnson[/db] is really starting to improve. And [db]Randy Phillips[/db], too. Those three I've seen what I like to see.

Q: Talk about the linebacker position.

Coker: I think that is a deep position, a strong position, is a very, very good position. We have very good players there. Jon Beason, Tavares Gooden, Glenn Cook and Romeo Davis have played a lot. Willie Williams has not, and neither has Darryl Sharpton or Spencer Adkins. But those guys can play. That'll be a good group of linebackers with some depth.

Mario Cristobal Talks O-Line

Q: You feel you can depend on Reggie Youngblood at left tackle?

Cristobal: Yeah. He's a very talented guy, and a very highly touted guy coming out of high school. He's had the benefit of being tutored by a guy like Eric Winston. He's had a year of traveling with the team, sitting in on meetings, adjustments. He's smart, he's tough, he's explosive, he's very large. All those guys are on the way and know they're not there. But capability-wise, hunger-wise, no question. So will he get there? No question.

Q: Left tackle is a pressure-filled position.

Cristobal: Sure it is. We'll see how these guys continue to develop.

Q: How are Derrick Morse and Andrew Bain doing on the inside?

Cristobal: They're doing a nice job. They're getting their hands on guys, ripping off the football. They're playing at pad level, playing hard. They understand the most important thing they have to do is that they're sharp, sharp, sharp on their fundamentals. They're doing pretty well.

Q: At right tackle Larry Coker's said that [db]Tyrone Byrd[/db] needs some work.

Cristobal: We all do. A coach you ask (if someone doesn't need work), has anyone ever said yes? I don't want to answer with a cliche. It entails relentless stuff. If you hit them in the mouth on a good play they go up, have a rah-rah speech, come out and unleash the freakin' dragons and raptors and try to hit them in the mouth. That's what makes this place different. That's truly the mode Miami's in right now. The competition is pushing so hard that guys are taking the next step.

Q: Who in the second unit has impressed you?

Cristobal: A guy like Cyrim Wimbs, he's shown he can be effective against the speed rushers and is unloading in the run game. Alex Pou is a guy that's really, really come on and is pushing hard. You have to see what Chris Rutledge does after his hand comes out of the cast (he's playing with a broken bone in his hand this spring). A.J. Trump has got the tools, man, he really, really does. He's got to play fast all the time. He knows it in the classroom, but sweating and with 20 pounds of gear on there's a second of thought -- should I, can I, do I? Then there's Matt Pipho, who I don't think they threw the ball once in his four years of high school He's learning how to pass protect. He's put on 35 pounds of muscle. He'll get knocked down, get his face kicked in and will stand back up and try to knock somebody's head off.

Q: Where else could Pou play?

Cristobal: Pou is a center or guard. He's played a little guard, probably not enough. He can (also) play right tackle.

Q: Who on defense has caused you the most problems?

Cristobal: Baraka Atkins. He's got a great get-off, uses his hands extremely well. He goes speed to power and throws you off the quarterback, a very dangerous combination. He knows a lot of football and he knows our cadence (laughing). He can tell if eyes are looking. He's a good player. Jon Beason also.

Q: How is Anthony Wollschlager doing?

Cristobal: That guy's playing real well. He's tough and smart. That guy, he doesn't miss. He's the guy you want here when you're on the road recruiting, because he's going to round up those troops, put them in that room, will make them watch film, correct them. He's going to put them on the field, will run drills. You need those dudes. Those dudes change your program.
 04-07-2006, 07:09 PM         #34
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good read man, hopefully its nothing serious.
 12 years ago '04        #35
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
yall just keep this bumped and ill make sure ill upload any kind of info about the team i can get.
 12 years ago '04        #36
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
Here goes an lil interview with Darryl Sharpton and Willie Williams
Coach Larry Coker has said all spring that he's extremely impressed with the play of middle linebacker Darryl Sharpton.

He repeated that sentiment again today.

"He's playing with a lot more confidence," Coker said. "He was on scout team last year. Now he's in the mix. He's come a long way."

And, in tomorrow's scrimmage Sharpton will get the chance to flash his ability as a first-teamer.

Sharpton had been working with the second team, but Glenn Cook is sick.

Today Romeo Davis played with the first team in the middle.

That will change tomorrow.

"I'm going to be with the first team -- coaches already told me that," Sharpton said. "I got a few reps with the ones every once in a while this spring, so I'm pretty confident in my abilities. I'm not really that nervous. I feel like first team, second team -- the whole team's talented. I don't think it'll be a drop-off."

Sharpton is f!ghting to earn a starting spot and says he's happy with his progress.

"I feel a lot better -- I really, really know the playbook now," Sharpton said. "I'm not just out there lost anymore. I'm trying to combine my mind with my k!ller instinct, trying to mix them together well."

Sharpton's play has caught the eye of Jon Beason.

"He's coming along great," Beason said. "I think he's going to be a big part of our base defense next year. He's fast, explosive, is very strong and is a smart player. He's picking it up real fast."

Willie Williams

Linebacker Willie Williams missed two weeks of practice due to a flu-like illness.

He finally returned today, as chipper as ever but missing something -- 20 pounds that he lost while ill. He was unable to keep food down.

"On Monday I was 220 (pounds), and I was 240 (before getting sick)," Williams said. "I couldn't hold anything down. Right now I'm 228. So my weight is going back up slowly but surely."

Williams spent most of the last two weeks in bed.

"I couldn't move," he said. "It was a horrible feeling, it was actually like I was in a living hell."

He started to feel better yesterday.

"Today it's getting better and better," Williams said. "I'm looking forward to the scrimmage tomorrow. I told coaches, `Just let me loose. Don't take no slack on me.'"

Does Williams feel like he's missed out on a lot in the time he missed?

"I feel like I let myself down, but I couldn't control that sickness," Williams said. "I missed out a little bit, but we have the Spring Game, another week. I'm going to get caught back up. I'm not too far behind."

Williams worked in with the first and second team at weakside linebacker in today's drills.

"I don't feel like I had a major setback," he said. "I knew some of the defense already, just had to refresh my memory. I just felt a little weak here and there (today)."
 04-07-2006, 07:20 PM         #37
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ht
tp://files.filefront.com/344539wma/;4965255;;/fileinfo.html

Larry Coker on Rivals.com
 12 years ago '06        #38
lastdaze 
space
space
 1nonly said:
Thx for the post.

Opening with FSU again. Damn. Hopefully Kyle Wright will be better with a year of experience. It's The U bi*ch

Who cares about FSU, they couldnt combine all their qbs into a decent starter at this point, their defense is what will carry them through the season
 12 years ago '06        #39
lastdaze 
space
space
Anybody else read about Brian Monroe, the Punter, gettin some pt at wideout this year, i can't remember where I read this the other day, but they say he is athletic enough to play the position and that he has been working out with the receivers since freshman year. Whatchall think bout that?
 12 years ago '04        #40
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:

Larry Coker on Rivals.com

ill prop u when i can cuzzo goodsh*t. dont know how i missed it.

but just to remind everybody the Spring Game is on April 15,2006(next Saturday,not tommorow next saturday) and it will be brodcast with an 1 hour delay on CSS on Charter Cable.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago