Apr 2 - AJ of 106 & Park blasts BET Music Videos

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
91 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
147 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '06        #81
slyf 
space
space
space
$43 | Props total: 0 0
Originally Posted by DJKromeX
that n*gga AJ is speakin that truth
yup videos are just boring....
 04-03-2006, 09:20 PM         #82
hustlebmill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AJ a fu*k n*gga anyway. he aint sh*t
 12 years ago '04        #83
sheppdizzle 
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 0 0
 JeeQ said:
Looks like he had a Chappelle moment, where he stopped, looked, and realized he was helping to bring the whole race down
daaamn, that....is.....on......point
 04-03-2006, 09:47 PM         #84
DeNfaCta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJKromeX said:
that n*gga AJ is speakin that truth
i agree 100% - the message of rap today isnt always the best message
 04-03-2006, 10:19 PM         #85
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That just sounds really stupid for him to say this. He didn't have this problem for all those year, then he gets axed and its now a question of morality. Plus, the fans vote for the vids, so, he's basically against the fans of his show. Or just against popular black music in general. Those vids that get voted are garbage, but they are what mainstream fans like. fu*k d*ck-faced AJ.
 04-03-2006, 10:50 PM         #86
datboyb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ain't this woman suppose to be runnin BET now when this happens she might take some of that degrading sh*t off like Uncut because she a woman
 12 years ago '05        #87
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,497 | Props total: 717 717
i can see his point
 04-04-2006, 05:11 AM         #88
BaddNewZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Now i'm white and what I say can be taken with a grain of salt for that, but I believe BET is a network that INTENTIONALLY ENFORCES Negative stereotypes about Blacks because it is more economically viable. In other words, it's the same ol sh*t that Hiphop is suffering from. When a thug cd goes platinum, it gives more reason for an Executive to groom up another thug rapper and give them a national platform. The same holds true for television ratings, if people are watching it they'll throw out more of the same until it doesn't stick.

Correct me if i'm wrong but to my knowledge the majority of rap fans that PURCHASE the albums are white (and my guess would be they're purchasing from retail chain stores like Best Buy and such that Soundscan). So that would mean for the executives that they are naturally catering to what white rap fans want to hear, and if you put on the radio that'd mean black angry thugged out characters.

Now a.ssuming that's right, wouldn't it be reasonable to contemplate that there's a significant white viewership of BET? A white viewership that is probably from the same demographic of people that are buying rap albums? When you ponder that, it's pretty simple from there on. The Executives at BET have moved away from uplifting/informational programming such as Tavis Smiley for example, and have thrown in more rap video's with video hoes. It isn't really rocket science, it's what the rap fan base wants (which just happens to be a lot of white people).

Now me?? I enjoy violence in entertainment medium's of all kinds. I like to play video games, I like to watch violent movies, and I can appreciate violent rap. In the rap industry however it's seen as the norm for violent rappers to be black, partially cause blacks INVENTED hiphop and I would say partially cause some influential whites enjoy seeing negative stereotypes being popularized and a.ssociated with blacks. The most important factor however, is because the product SELLS. As a television station BET gets more money from corporations wanting to advertise their product there when the ratings are higher. I submit to you that the only way this sh*t could be changed is the day that this sh*t is no longer popular and economically viable.
 12 years ago '04        #89
the wise one 
space
space
space
$366 | Props total: 82 82
 iGNiTE said:
Its people like him that got white people scared of rap. They start thinkin... "If he's black, and he thinks its negative... It has to be immoral!"

Just a side note... but he prolly couldn't watch sesame street with his neice in his lap because his sh*t locks would block her view.

04-04-2006, 10:34 AM         #90
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree BET shows nothing but hip-hop, it's not like it used to be wit video soul and others shows they use to show a wide variety of styles .They would mix a BBD video wit a Luther video and stuff like that, now u see nothing but rap

Last edited by Mcmasterlock; 04-04-2006 at 10:35 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #91
jmood88 
space
space
$828 | Props total: 0 0
I don't have a problem with the words, what I do have a problem with is BET playing the same videos and showing the same kinds of artists all the time. I'm sick of seeing the same people who talk about the same things all the time. There's only so many times I can listen to people who have sold drugs or claim to be pimps or whatever. It's just boring.
 12 years ago '04        #92
jmood88 
space
space
$828 | Props total: 0 0
 Mcmasterlock said:
I agree BET shows nothing but hip-hop, it's not like it used to be wit video soul and others shows they use to show a wide variety of styles .They would mix a BBD video wit a Luther video and stuff like that, now u see nothing but rap
There is nothing wrong with hip-hop, it's BET showing the same people that's wrong.
 12 years ago '04        #93
little4209 
space
space
space
$1,499 | Props total: 0 0
 Azntwins2 said:
He has a good point about the videos on the show. 106 and park fell off ever since Free and AJ left.
yea i kno..iont even watch it no more..it aint the same..if anything i might try to catch freestlye friday..but they be wack too...
 04-04-2006, 11:30 AM         #94
MixedBalla3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 l-matic said:
BET's whack now. The videos, shows n everything. I mean wtf is the Road Show. AJ's just speaking whats on his mind which is real. 1 more thing about BET...BRING BACK HITS!!!

word...loved that show
 04-04-2006, 02:03 PM         #95
mitemouse 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AJ is the same as Melissa Ford.... they got paid and now they want to say its wrong... fu*k1ng hyprocrites!!!
 12 years ago '05        #96
caliblacc 1 heat pts
space
space
$942 | Props total: 71 71
 Scrwhile growing up in New Jersey he would "never do anything against my race."

"I felt like I was hurting us by doing what I was doing," he said.

[url said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060402/ap_en_tv/people_calloway_2[/url]
I FEEL THAT HE SEEKING REVENGE AGAINST BET. SIMPLE AS THAT
 12 years ago '04        #97
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 datboyb said:
ain't this woman suppose to be runnin BET now when this happens she might take some of that degrading sh*t off like Uncut because she a woman
Man it's the woman that's making BET the way it is. She's been in charge for a year already.....
 12 years ago '05        #98
rshodunke 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,445 | Props total: 210 210
He didn't start sayin none of this though until after he couldnt get a new contract. Makes u wonder where this hostility towards the company that allowed people to even know who this guy is is comin from.
 12 years ago '05        #99
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,375 | Props total: 474 474
1. ppl its aj......
2. his dreads been gone.......
3. Read My Quote...........
 12 years ago '05        #100
abdullah 
space
space
$2,935 | Props total: 281 281
the only reason he's saying that is because he got fired...if he did not get fired that sh*t wouldn't be an issue...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
108 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
159 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now