Apr 2 - AJ of 106 & Park blasts BET Music Videos

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

13 years ago '04        #51
sheppdizzle 
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 0 0
 billieskeet said
i like TV1 alot better than BET. its alot more diverse in culture and shows black ppl excelling in evrything not just music and entertainment.
tru dat!

04-03-2006, 10:13 AM         #52
DirtyHarry 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
exactly why i dont watch Bet, because all the sh*t is ignorant and is only rap. it isnt hip hop, its just some f*g**ts throwing sh*t together and gettin money for it

13 years ago '04        #53
J-Flexxx 
space
space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 0 0
i wasn't his biggest fan, but AJ is speaking the truth. It don't matter who says it, its a fact, like Chris Rock says, its hard to defend hip hop sometimes...

04-03-2006, 10:59 AM         #54
thatindy5guy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so why is he on extra?...talkin bout stupid hollywood sh*t?..is he tryna hurt whitefolks?

13 years ago '06        #55
YoungScott 
space
space
$357 | Props total: 0 0
it wasnt trash when he was working for it. he should have said that during his five years he worked on the show.

13 years ago '04        #56
D.M.A. 
space
space
space
$1,910 | Props total: 632 632
damn well that's a suprise to hear comin from him,espcially wit him bein at th sos & the 25th anniversary not too long ago.

13 years ago '04        #57
PrisonRules 72 heat pts72
space
space
$28,082 | Props total: 7369 7369
 Screwhead said
ORANGEBURG, S.C. - The former co-host of BET's popular "106 & Park" show blasts what he calls the destructive messages of many of the show's most popular music videos.

A.J. Calloway co-hosted the show for five years with Free, whose given name is Marie Wright. Both left the show in July.

"I couldn't watch my own show with my niece on my lap," Calloway said this past week at South Carolina State University as part of the "Black Student Today" panel. The discussion focused on the impact of hip-hop music.

"Pick your five favorite songs," Calloway said. "Write down every word that's in your favorite songs. Read it back to yourself and think about what that has put into your head."

Calloway told the university audience he had vowed that after facing racism while growing up in New Jersey he would "never do anything against my race."

"I felt like I was hurting us by doing what I was doing," he said.

he aggy cuz he aint got no job. the same ugly n*gga was on stage on video humping janet jackson

13 years ago '04        #58
m_cullins 64 heat pts64
space
space
$7,577 | Props total: 424 424
 sheppdizzle said
damn, ya'll act like a dude cant have growth.....
just cuz you did some ill sh*t where you were young or just tryna come up means you gotta keep doing and/ or encouraging that forever? even dope boys know they cant do that their whole lives.......
Real Talk better now than never.

13 years ago '04        #59
PrisonRules 72 heat pts72
space
space
$28,082 | Props total: 7369 7369
 Azntwins2 said
He has a good point about the videos on the show. 106 and park fell off ever since Free and AJ left.

it was wack when they was there. im black but u gotta admit, almost every bet show is poor video quality(if u watch mtv u can tell the difference in the quality of camera, one looks like a home camcorder, the other official) they pissed me off with that livest audience member jazz, and i only watched it on fridays at 5;45 to 5:51 for the freestyle battles.

04-03-2006, 11:33 AM         #60
carbine000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rap has some catchy beats and stuff, but artistically i dont see it holding water, at least mainstream stuff, the more personal emotional stuff here is way better, at least it has feeling

04-03-2006, 11:37 AM         #61
Soul Glow 06' 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good point indeed:applause:

13 years ago '04        #62
NoreDirtay 
space
space
$538 | Props total: 0 0
 I3Baller said
its tru but sh*t 5 years while the money was coming in he was quiet hes a bi*ch
true story

04-03-2006, 12:21 PM         #63
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wouldnt say anything to stop my cash flow untill I got fired too. I mean pride is one thing, but money is another.

13 years ago '05        #64
thaillest719 
space
space
$2,333 | Props total: 79 79
That n*gga just mad that he got fired. He need to take a look at himself and realize that he was promting the same sh*t before. and why the fu*k would he watch a show like that with a little girl anyway. DUHHHHHH

04-03-2006, 12:27 PM         #65
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said
I wouldnt say anything to stop my cash flow untill I got fired too. I mean pride is one thing, but money is another.
thank u, finally somebody explains it 2 these ppl

13 years ago '04        #66
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
He's a career too late with this

13 years ago '04        #67
DCbullets202 
space
space
$1,361 | Props total: 0 0
thats real. and any who disagree just cant see. sh*t yawl wont see anyway most of yawl live in the suburbs

04-03-2006, 03:25 PM         #68
POMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rap is going down hill look at what the fu*k is going on just look at the videos lmao just look at the videos..lol do it and come back to this thread

04-03-2006, 03:49 PM         #69
IRemainRaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea - but it was good enuff when he was gettin paid that ghetty green to present them - smh at this cookie dough f*g**t aZZ muthafu*ka - he should go have a fu*kin cry - dont like it dont pay it no mind BIATCH

04-03-2006, 03:51 PM         #70
Street Novelist 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if that is the real reason he left BET, god bless him for wanting to spread the right message to the black community

13 years ago '04        #71
Adwerdz 398 heat pts398
space
space
$37,106 | Props total: 35843 35843
AJ a real positive brother, he speaks the truth and represents the black culture. He stayed true to himself, he didn't have to wear baggy clothes and all that urban brand wear to gain acceptance to the hip hop audience. He even stood up for Micheal Jackson, he spoke of the media using the term "Jacko". So that was real. If you look at the show then and look at it now you would see that it looks generic and watered down now. There's a lot of immatuer people in this thread. Just recognize the real at the end of the day.

04-03-2006, 05:19 PM         #72
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he wasn't complainin when he was there.

13 years ago '04        #73
dank 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,407 | Props total: 1021 1021
negro got fired and now acting like a hoe

13 years ago '05        #74
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,855 | Props total: 28 28
that n*gga needs to tell the truth he left 106 n park because They Fired "FREE" ...thats it.... because he was doing that show for years...if he thought it was so degrading n bad...he would of been left!!

13 years ago '05        #75
s4s|M 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$12,057 | Props total: 1 1
 DJKromeX said
that n*gga AJ is speakin that truth
yee.aj's the truth, and 106 fell off.

Home      

most viewed right now
+29online now  64
Article inside Chiko Juan death: Meek Mill affiliate reportedly dead after Atlanta s..
136 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-30online now  39
Image(s) inside Brianna Amor IG Thot Getting SUED A Turn Of Events
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+23online now  36
Video inside If You Decide To Get Married, This Will Be Your Life
142 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
NFL This Chick Ran A NASTY Slant Route💪🏿
72 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+33online now  19
Image(s) inside 2 podcast thots
41 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+31online now  18
Lol: Oprah responds to the video of her eating dry unseasoned chicken.
57 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-18online now  17
MMA Conor McGregor Accused Of Rape?
47 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+191online now  14
Video inside Kanye let's it be known.