Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #1
8767 pageviews
150 comments

Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
Apr 2 - AJ of 106 & Park blasts BET Music Videos

ORANGEBURG, S.C. - The former co-host of BET's popular "106 & Park" show blasts what he calls the destructive messages of many of the show's most popular music videos.

A.J. Calloway co-hosted the show for five years with Free, whose given name is Marie Wright. Both left the show in July.

"I couldn't watch my own show with my niece on my lap," Calloway said this past week at South Carolina State University as part of the "Black Student Today" panel. The discussion focused on the impact of hip-hop music.

"Pick your five favorite songs," Calloway said. "Write down every word that's in your favorite songs. Read it back to yourself and think about what that has put into your head."

Calloway told the university audience he had vowed that after facing racism while growing up in New Jersey he would "never do anything against my race."

"I felt like I was hurting us by doing what I was doing," he said.

[pic - click to view]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/a .. ple_calloway_2

150 comments for "Apr 2 - AJ of 106 & Park blasts BET Music Videos"

04-02-2006, 11:25 PM         #2
iGNiTE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its people like him that got white people scared of rap. They start thinkin... "If he's black, and he thinks its negative... It has to be immoral!"

Just a side note... but he prolly couldn't watch sesame street with his neice in his lap because his sh*t locks would block her view.
 12 years ago '04        #3
DJKromeX 39 heat pts39
space
space
$1,303 | Props total: 0 0
that n*gga AJ is speakin that truth
 12 years ago '04        #4
Azntwins2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$970 | Props total: 21 21
He has a good point about the videos on the show. 106 and park fell off ever since Free and AJ left.
 12 years ago '04        #5
tntitan 
space
space
space
$973 | Props total: 130 130
 Screwhead said:
ORANGEBURG, S.C. - The former co-host of BET's popular "106 & Park" show blasts what he calls the destructive messages of many of the show's most popular music videos.

A.J. Calloway co-hosted the show for five years with Free, whose given name is Marie Wright. Both left the show in July.

"I couldn't watch my own show with my niece on my lap," Calloway said this past week at South Carolina State University as part of the "Black Student Today" panel. The discussion focused on the impact of hip-hop music.

"Pick your five favorite songs," Calloway said. "Write down every word that's in your favorite songs. Read it back to yourself and think about what that has put into your head."

Calloway told the university audience he had vowed that after facing racism while growing up in New Jersey he would "never do anything against my race."

"I felt like I was hurting us by doing what I was doing," he said.
Is he saying thats the reason behind him getting Fired or what, and I also like the "never do anything against my race" after he already hosted, like the videos were morally better when was hosting the show......
 12 years ago '04        #6
avondale46 
space
space
space
$340 | Props total: 0 0
definately agree with him 110%. he basically is saying that the music promoted by BET, MTV is trash and that it isn't showing hip hop in its most positive light.
 12 years ago '04        #7
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
 DJKromeX said:
REAL TALK!
 04-02-2006, 11:49 PM         #8
Menphyel7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tell that n*gga to shut the hell up. hte reason he left is cause they wouldn't give em that money he felt he deserved. If he would have got that exec producer credit he wanted like Carson daly got on TRL. He would have payed laffy taffy and fu*ken t-bag that ho if they get a video and smiled about it.

I never heard him big up no promsiing uplifting rap acts on 106 and park when htey came on he would look like he knew nothing about them.
 12 years ago '04        #9
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,344 | Props total: 8421 8421
AJ is speaking the truth
fu*k BET. i rarely watch that channel
thank god for tivo
 12 years ago '04        #10
sheppdizzle 
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 0 0
i aint mad at him, there comes a point when you gotta look in the mirror and make a decision.....
 04-03-2006, 12:09 AM         #11
jswz6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whatever
 04-03-2006, 12:11 AM         #12
I3Baller 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its tru but sh*t 5 years while the money was coming in he was quiet hes a bi*ch
 04-03-2006, 12:11 AM         #13
dolla101 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i aint neva like AJ i aint hatin or nuttin but that n*gga need 2 take the weave out his hair.....As 4 Free ~~~holla at a lad ma!!!
 12 years ago '04        #14
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,291 | Props total: 11211 11211
ehhh. aj's a clown, its not like everyone isnt aware of rap's filthiness.

i love ignorant music, i cant help it.
 12 years ago '05        #15
Kode_Red 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,453 | Props total: 983 983
I completely disagree with AJ for even commenting on the situation of the videos, If he felt that strongly about it I don't see how he could have done the videos for five years, and never even threw a sign to all the artists that he interviewed about how he felt, he is speaking some truth, but to down rate a African-American program after they fired him, and to continue to shed light on a already looked down upon African-American network is trash, and he should have kept those comments to himself.
 12 years ago '05        #16
chrsdstryr 
space
space
space
$487 | Props total: 0 0
I agree with him, BET needs to be taklen off the air, it disgraces african americans!
 12 years ago '04        #17
gunit4life 
space
space
$2,110 | Props total: 0 0
i dont get BET where i live but why is it disgrace to black ppl?

is it because BET stands for Black Entertainment and they play white music?

all i know is AJ is a bi*ch, and he never knew the ppl that walked out on 106 he was like the whitest black person on that stage........what happened to Free's fyne a.ss anyway.
 04-03-2006, 01:05 AM         #18
l-matic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BET's whack now. The videos, shows n everything. I mean wtf is the Road Show. AJ's just speaking whats on his mind which is real. 1 more thing about BET...BRING BACK HITS!!!
 12 years ago '04        #19
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 DJKromeX said:
yep....
 12 years ago '06        #20
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,357 | Props total: 5560 5560
as long as he was on the show getting paid, n*gga shut the fu*k up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy