Better Collage Football Program [Miami or Michigan]

most viewed right now
 103
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
75 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 89
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 73
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Better Collage Football Program?
Miami 49 54.44%
Michigan 41 45.56%
Voters: 90. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #81
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
 Y2Luda said:
Better than Miami, yes. Best ever, no. I went back and read it, I thought you were talking about the best ever, not just Miami. My bad.
You did a.ssume right though. I do think Michigan is the best program ever.........they have the numbers to back that as a fan, I think my they're the best. HOWEVER, could you or anyone else make a case for another school? Of course.........who would you put ahead of Michigan all time? (Not trying to start an argument, just curious to what you think)
 12 years ago '05        #82
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 JBeezy said:
You did a.ssume right though. I do think Michigan is the best program ever.........they have the numbers to back that as a fan, I think my they're the best. HOWEVER, could you or anyone else make a case for another school? Of course.........who would you put ahead of Michigan all time? (Not trying to start an argument, just curious to what you think)
Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Nebraska [in that order].

Also that stat about he most "conference championships" is misleading. Teams like USC and Nebraska have more, but they were part of a few differnent conference before they became the respective ones they are today. The Big 10 has been the Big 10 much longer.


Last edited by Y2Luda; 03-26-2006 at 01:40 PM..
 03-26-2006, 01:53 PM         #83
Escrow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Nebraska [in that order].

Also that stat about he most "conference championships" is misleading. Teams like USC and Nebraska have more, but they were part of a few differnent conference before they became the respective ones they are today. The Big 10 has been the Big 10 much longer.

Not really....its 42 conference...not Big 10 championships....and they still have more than OSU

Also, my top 10 would be

1. Notre Dame
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. The Ohio State University
5. Texas
6. USC
7. Oklahoma
8. Nebraska
9 Tennessee
10. FSU
....
15. The U
 12 years ago '05        #84
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 Escrow said:
Not really....its 42 conference...not Big 10 championships....and they still have more than OSU

Also, my top 10 would be

1. Notre Dame
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. The Ohio State University
5. Texas
6. USC
7. Oklahoma
8. Nebraska
9 Tennessee
10. FSU
....
15. The U
I never disputed that Michigan had more than Ohio State, they do. Nebraska has more with 46.

Your list is decent although there is no way that USC is so low, or that FSU in the Top 10 but not Penn State. There are a few others I have minor disagreement with, but those two are glaring.


Last edited by Y2Luda; 03-26-2006 at 02:07 PM..
 03-26-2006, 02:05 PM         #85
Escrow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
I never disputed that Michigan had more than Ohio State, they do. Nebraska has more with 46.

Your list is decent although there is no way that USC is so low, or that FSU in the Top 10 but not Penn State. There are a few others I have minor disagreement with, but those two are glaring.

I would put PSU at 11
 12 years ago '04        #86
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$19,672 | Props total: 5365 5365
nd
mich
osu
usc
bama
nebraska
okla
texas
penn state
tenn ..

and escrow list shut the debate down .. there no way miami can compete with that ..
 12 years ago '05        #87
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 Escrow said:
I would put PSU at 11
It's hard to place a team that didn't start playing football until 1947 above Penn State, no matter how good a stretch they had in the 90's.

P.S. Michigan has 42 and Ohio State has 36 [Michigan won 6 of those before Ohio State joined the Big 10]. So since Ohio State has joined the Big 10 it looks more like Michigan 36 - Ohio State 36.
 12 years ago '04        #88
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$19,672 | Props total: 5365 5365
 Y2Luda said:
It's hard to place a team that didn't start playing football until 1947 above Penn State, no matter how good a stretch they had in the 90's.

P.S. Michigan has 42 and Ohio State has 36 [Michigan won 6 of those before Ohio State joined the Big 10]. So since Ohio State has joined the Big 10 it looks more like Michigan 36 - Ohio State 36.

just like an ohio state fan . its still 42 - 36 ..
 12 years ago '05        #89
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 Aesop730 said:
just like an ohio state fan . its still 42 - 36 ..
....and I never disputed that, did I? I was just throwing out another fact since he brought Ohio State into this.
 12 years ago '06        #90
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$12,536 | Props total: 1036 1036
 Y2Luda said:
All Time:

#1: Big 10
#2: Big XII
#3: SEC
#4: ACC
#5: Pac-10
#6: Big East
This list depends on where ur from! See with me Im gonig to pick the SEC but Of course we all have our opinions :D
 12 years ago '05        #91
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 titanreese said:
This list depends on where ur from! See with me Im gonig to pick the SEC but Of course we all have our opinions :D
Not really, I'm talking all time greatness.......there is only so much personal interest I can place in it.

I put the Big 10 #1 because it has 2 [maybe 3 with Penn State] top 10 teams of all time......and about 4-5 more in the top 50. Alot of depth in other words with 8 of the 11 making the Top 50 IMO.

Big XII next because they have two in the TOP 5 and another in the Top 10 with Texas.....but the rest [Texas A&M, Colorado, etc.] are much lower on the list.

The SEC cant compete with the history of those two. Alabama is by far the highest on the list for the SEC and it's the only SEC team in the Top 10. You have Tennessee real close......Georgia, Auburn, etc. are in the Top 30 or so though.


Last edited by Y2Luda; 03-26-2006 at 03:37 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #92
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
 Escrow said:
# The most total wins in college football history - 849
# The highest all-time winning percentage (.74421)
# Leading the NCAA in home attendance every year but one since 1974.
# The longest current streak of having over 100,000 at a home game - 193 consecutive games.
# The longest current bowl game streak - 31.
# The longest current streak of non-losing seasons - 38
# The current longest number of games in Div 1-A since last being shutout - 273 games through 2005 Alamo Bowl.
# The most televised school in college football history (356 televised games).
# The largest NCAA crowd to ever watch a football game: 112,118 on November 22, 2003, at Michigan Stadium.
# 42 conference football championships (most of any team in any conference)
# 25 undefeated seasons (more than any other Division 1-A school).
# Highest all-time strength of schedule (SOS) rating in college football -- per cfbdatawarehouse.com.
# 109 winning seasons -- most in college football history.
# 11 National Championships: (1901, 1902, 1903, 1904, 1918, 1923, 1932, 1933, 1947, 1948, 1997)
# One of only two schools with a winning record vs. every Division 1-A conference, including independents.
# "The Victors," written in 1898 by Louis Elbel, is the only f!ght song inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.
# The number one sports rivalry: Michigan vs. Ohio State, according to ESPN's "Top 10 Greatest Sports Rivalries"
# The best helmet in football, according to ESPN's "End of Century" Special
# The best uniform in sports, according to ESPN2's 64 Team Bracket Results

Those two stats say it all.........
 12 years ago '04        #93
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 175 175
Big ten got it on lock if yall tryin to go all time...
 12 years ago '06        #94
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$12,536 | Props total: 1036 1036
 Y2Luda said:
Not really, I'm talking all time greatness.......there is only so much personal interest I can place in it.

I put the Big 10 #1 because it has 2 [maybe 3 with Penn State] top 10 teams of all time......and about 4-5 more in the top 50. Alot of depth in other words with 8 of the 11 making the Top 50 IMO.

Big XII next because they have two in the TOP 5 and another in the Top 10 with Texas.....but the rest [Texas A&M, Colorado, etc.] are much lower on the list.

The SEC cant compete with the history of those two. Alabama is by far the highest on the list for the SEC and it's the only SEC team in the Top 10. You have Tennessee real close......Georgia, Auburn, etc. are in the Top 30 or so though.
hmmmm bama, tenn, auburn, georgia, Gators, LSU but like I said Depends on what u like
 12 years ago '06        #95
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$12,536 | Props total: 1036 1036
But I do Feel where ur comnig from Im just proud i live in Bama God i hate Auburn
 12 years ago '05        #96
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 titanreese said:
hmmmm bama, tenn, auburn, georgia, Gators, LSU but like I said Depends on what u like
Hmmmmmmm what? This isn't dependent on what I, or anyone else likes really. What do you "like?"

None of those teams you listed are Top 10 with the exception of Alabama.

Tennessee is Top 15.

LSU and Georgia are Top 20.

Auburn and Florida are Top 21-25.

Arkansas is Top 35.

....let's see how that stacks up.....

Big 10:

Michigan and Ohio State are Top 10.

Penn State is Top 15 [closer to Top 10].

Minnesota is Top 20.

Michigan State is Top 25.

Iowa and Illinois are Top 40.

Wisconsin is Top 45.

Big XII:

Oklahoma and Nebraska are Top 5.

Texas is Top 10.

Texas A&M is Top 25.

Coloroda is Top 30.

Missouri is Top 50.


These are all subjective of course, but I dont see how you think the SEC, all time, stacks up with the Big 10 [and I give the nod to the Big XII as well].
 12 years ago '06        #97
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$12,536 | Props total: 1036 1036
 Y2Luda said:
Hmmmmmmm what? This isn't dependent on what I, or anyone else likes really. What do you "like?"

None of those teams you listed are Top 10 with the exception of Alabama.

Tennessee is Top 15.

LSU and Georgia are Top 20.

Auburn and Florida are Top 21-25.

Arkansas is Top 35.

....let's see how that stacks up.....

Big 10:

Michigan and Ohio State are Top 10.

Penn State is Top 15 [closer to Top 10].

Minnesota is Top 20.

Michigan State is Top 25.

Iowa and Illinois are Top 40.

Wisconsin is Top 45.

Big XII:

Oklahoma and Nebraska are Top 5.

Texas is Top 10.

Texas A&M is Top 25.

Coloroda is Top 30.

Missouri is Top 50.


These are all subjective of course, but I dont see how you think the SEC, all time, stacks up with the Big 10 [and I give the nod to the Big XII as well].
As in Football Illinois and Iowa is nowhere in my Top 50 and u Forgot Ole Miss and Maybe MAYBE South Carolina Im a SEC fan and Usually Im a stubborn SEC fan
 12 years ago '05        #98
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
avatar space
space
$5,164 | Props total: 11 11
Michigan.
 12 years ago '04        #99
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,933 | Props total: 4298 4298
fu*k that Miami run this bi*ch
 12 years ago '05        #100
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 titanreese said:
As in Football Illinois and Iowa is nowhere in my Top 50 and u Forgot Ole Miss and Maybe MAYBE South Carolina Im a SEC fan and Usually Im a stubborn SEC fan
You're right, I forgot to put Ole Miss in this....I'd have them around #25.

NORTH Carolina is in the Top 50, not South.

As far as Illinois not in the Top 50 that is laughable. Id' have them around #35- #40. I DARE you to name 35 better teams of all time, let alone 50.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 53
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 35
vida guerra
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 31
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 24
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
117 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy