Better Collage Football Program [Miami or Michigan]

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Better Collage Football Program?
Miami 49 54.44%
Michigan 41 45.56%
Voters: 90. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #181
daboahmiz 
space
space
$1,657 | Props total: 171 171
 The_Legend23 said:
michigan has 7 national titles and the most wins all time. nuff said
BINGO!!!! i saw 12 pages of responses, and thought i was gonna have to flip thru ALOT of crap b4 someone mentioned this fact. WINNIEST PROGRAM OF ALL-TIME!!! End of Discussion!!! Go Blue!!!
 12 years ago '04        #182
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,919 | Props total: 4275 4275
Michigan has one Consensus National Championship in 60 years get the fu*k outta here
 03-28-2006, 08:49 AM         #183
Nutty2003 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the fact that motion spelled "college" "collage" proves the ignorance of this post and miami stans
 12 years ago '05        #184
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 C.R.I.P. said:
Michigan has one Consensus National Championship in 60 years get the fu*k outta here
I didn't know that college football only spans 60 years, thanks for clearing that up.
 12 years ago '04        #185
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
I didn't know that college football only spans 60 years, thanks for clearing that up.
I know that Luda but do u know how much has changed in those 60 years. for example

- A back judge was not added until 1955, with a line judge added in 1972 and a side judge in 1983.

-No further point modifications were made until 1958, when teams were given the option of running or passing the ball across the goal line for 2 points after a TD,

-In 1959, in a successful attempt to bring the field goal back into college prominence, the distance between the goal posts was increased nearly 5 feet to a width of 23 feet, 4 inches

-Most teams played 8 or 9 games a season in the decades preceding World War II, compared to the 11 or 12 games a season played by modern teams.

-NCAA figures themselves are not totally complete or reliable for the early years. NCAA figures since World War II are reliable, but from 1937 through 1969 NCAA season champions were based on totals; since 1970 most categories have been based on per-game average.

-Blacks began attending universitys on a nonsegregated basis in 1950, with the final restrictions on undergraduate enrollment dropped in May 1955.
Most sporting events were separated by race up until the 1940'sthe few African Americans who were ready and able to cross that line, they had to pay a heavy price. They became the prime symbol of their race in that individual sport. They were, at times, teased, harassed, and belittled while demonstrating their skills in the sports arena.

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 03-28-2006 at 09:22 AM..
 12 years ago '05        #186
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
I know that Luda but do u know how much has changed in those 60 years. for example

- A back judge was not added until 1955, with a line judge added in 1972 and a side judge in 1983.

-No further point modifications were made until 1958, when teams were given the option of running or passing the ball across the goal line for 2 points after a TD,

-In 1959, in a successful attempt to bring the field goal back into college prominence, the distance between the goal posts was increased nearly 5 feet to a width of 23 feet, 4 inches

-Most teams played 8 or 9 games a season in the decades preceding World War II, compared to the 11 or 12 games a season played by modern teams.

-NCAA figures themselves are not totally complete or reliable for the early years. NCAA figures since World War II are reliable, but from 1937 through 1969 NCAA season champions were based on totals; since 1970 most categories have been based on per-game average.

-Blacks began attending the university on a nonsegregated basis in 1950, with the final restrictions on undergraduate enrollment dropped in May 1955.
The more things change they stay the same........fact is they still played football back then. Oh, and Michigan was one of the best at it. They still are one of the best at it. I know the arguement that Miami fans are presenting, and it's a very very good one if we were talking who has been better over the last 10-30 years, but we are talking all time. Once you throw in those two words, "all time" , I no longer really have to read what the Miami fans are writing because if it's anything other than "yes Michigan would be ranked higher all time" than it's nonsense.

I've said this a million times though, I'm sure there isn't much I can say to change the mind of some of the Miami fans on this board, keep doing you.

P.S. Cats could use the same arguement for Ohio State as well and as I've said before I'd love to have that debate with ANY Miami fan.
 12 years ago '04        #187
daboahmiz 
space
space
$1,657 | Props total: 171 171
ironic it's just me and my brother, and i'm a Michigan fan and he is a 'Cane fan....... we've had this argument for years!!!!
 03-28-2006, 12:18 PM         #188
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As of Recently it's Miami, but All Time it is Michigan.
 12 years ago '04        #189
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
Originally Posted by JBeezy
Tom Brady
Ty Law
Charles Woodson
Cato June
Steve Hutchinson
Jon Jansen
Jeremy Tuman
Aaron Shea
James Hall
Jon Runyan
Chris Perry
Braylon Edwards
Amani Toomer
Ian Gold
Marlin Jackson
Larry Foote
Victor Hobson
Jay Feely
Dhani Jones
Brian Griese

No, Michigan doesn't have as many stars in the NFL as Miami but there are aot of solid and very good players from Michigan in the league but this "stat" is hardly a reason to call Miami a better overall college football program.
There's only a few respectable players in that list - Ty Law, Tom Brady, Steve Hutchingson, Cato June, Charles Woodson, Larry Foote, Amani Toomer

The rest are just bum a.ss benchwarmer-3rd stringer a.ss n*ggas for Example Jay Feeley who is known for throwing touchdowns to the wrong direction

Brian Greese ain't great either. He's just average
at saying Ian Gold, Dhani Jones, Jon Jansen, Jon Runyan, Braylon Edwards, Aaron Shea, Jeremy Tuman, James Hall and Victor Hobson are "bum a.ss benchwarmers" when all of them started last year or at least got alot of playing time. Chris Perry played 14 games for the Bengals last year and Marlin Jackson played in 14 for the Colts as well.

By posting that those players are bums you've just shown me and everyone else you really don't know much about football.........
 03-28-2006, 03:08 PM         #190
TheU 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bitter big 10 fans... miami wins clearly in a landslide
 12 years ago '05        #191
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 TheU said:
bitter big 10 fans... miami wins clearly in a landslide
...or delusional Miami fans. I love how the BX poll is the deciding factor, not the facts, stats, etc. etc. The BX poll!?

12 years ago '04        #192
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
...or delusional Miami fans. I love how the BX poll is the deciding factor, not the facts, stats, etc. etc. The BX poll!?

How are we dilusional cuz u know we have won the most NC's in the last 30 years, we continually devlop better atheletes and football players than anybody,. Ask yourself this question Who Has the Better Program Currently.
 12 years ago '05        #193
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
How are we dilusional cuz u know we have won the most NC's in the last 30 years, we continually devlop better atheletes and football players than anybody,. Ask yourself this question Who Has the Better Program Currently.
I've said time and time again that at the present moment Miami has the better program, hell I'd say since 1980 it's been Miami > Michigan..................OVER THAT TIME PERIOD.

As I've said this entire thread, and to whom those comments were directed towards, the "delusional" fans are the ones that think Miami > Michigan as far as overall college football programs rankings. Period, point blank, that is incorrect and cannot be argued at this point in time to be found true.

I understand that you are sticking up for your school and all that [not pertaining directly to you or anything], belive me I do, but reality has to set in sometime. That was the whole reason I asked on the first page for it to be specified as to "all time" or "recently" and all I got back was the dumbass repeating what he typed in big letters.
 12 years ago '04        #194
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
I've said time and time again that at the present moment Miami has the better program, hell I'd say since 1980 it's been Miami > Michigan..................OVER THAT TIME PERIOD.

As I've said this entire thread, and to whom those comments were directed towards, the "delusional" fans are the ones that think Miami > Michigan as far as overall college football programs rankings. Period, point blank, that is incorrect and cannot be argued at this point in time to be found true.

I understand that you are sticking up for your school and all that [not pertaining directly to you or anything], belive me I do, but reality has to set in sometime. That was the whole reason I asked on the first page for it to be specified as to "all time" or "recently" and all I got back was the dumbass repeating what he typed in big letters.
oh well.......glad we settled that.
 03-28-2006, 03:52 PM         #195
Escrow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:

-Blacks began attending universitys on a nonsegregated basis in 1950, with the final restrictions on undergraduate enrollment dropped in May 1955.
Most sporting events were separated by race up until the 1940'sthe few African Americans who were ready and able to cross that line, they had to pay a heavy price. They became the prime symbol of their race in that individual sport. They were, at times, teased, harassed, and belittled while demonstrating their skills in the sports arena.

So all of the college football teams didnt have to abide by the same rules?...the fu*k outta here everyone had the same chance to win.....and by the way this is an all time debate....becuause i agree right now..miami is a better team....but my point was all time....
 12 years ago '04        #196
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
I shoulda known.........13 pages and we've yet to see a logical argument from a Miami fan......
 12 years ago '05        #197
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
 JBeezy said:
I shoulda known.........13 pages and we've yet to see a logical argument from a Miami fan......
Real Talk
 03-29-2006, 08:48 PM         #198
Escrow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:

Exactly......
 12 years ago '04        #199
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$13,018 | Props total: 2910 2910
you michigan fans havent done much to dispel the notion that you've been pretty much worthless the past 25 years. what have you done for me lately i ask? a split national title you say? THAT'S AMAZING:thumbsdow

Last edited by madness; 03-29-2006 at 11:36 PM..
 12 years ago '05        #200
bayryda 
space
space
space
$2,742 | Props total: 38 38
cant argue with the michigan being on top gotta respect that they never had that "down period" that pretty much every major school has had, but also Miami over the span of really being a football powerhouse (83-present) cant argue against the 5 titles especially in the 1980s they played some k!ller schedules with games against FSU Florida OU and ND all on the schedule and coming out on top. all time up til now is maybe michigan but ask this same question 10 years from now i think miami will surpass them..on the FSU>>Miami being a noles fan hurts 2 say not quite accurate but it SHOULD be that way but the canes took 3 national titles from us in 87 25-26 loss finished the season 11-1 #2 in the polls, 88 the 31-0 a*s beating finished the season 11-1 #3 in the polls 92 wide right 2 finished 11-1 #2 in the polls if the noles wins those games thats very likely 5 titles for FSU :banghead:

and michigans 40 some odd titles if you really go back and look the big 10 back in the day (mid 60s-80s) should of been the big 2 lol only osu was a top team unlike now gotta remember Penn State wasnt in the big 10 back then so i cant really hate on miami dominating the big east when they played in it and eligible to win the title.

Last edited by bayryda; 03-30-2006 at 03:27 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago