T.I. - King (2006)

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

RATE
5 BX - Classic 156 21.55%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 341 47.10%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 171 23.62%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 28 3.87%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 28 3.87%
Voters: 724. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '05        #81
slanguistics 
space
space
$299 | Props total: 0 0
sh*t iz semi hott
 12 years ago '04        #82
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Pretty good...I'd say like 4.25 mics
 03-24-2006, 09:45 PM         #83
djtakeoff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PWN3D said:
1. King Back -- Just Blaze is loving to sample movies right now. Beat is on some Hawaii Five-0/Knight Rider/A-Team/Chips tip. Something that plays while they look for the bad guy. T.I. does his thing on the track....and the trumpets on the hook? *Shrugs* Just is a beast....

2. Front Back -- How can you go wrong with UGK and T.I.? Wonderful beat, wonderful track. Good to hear Pimp C on a cut again....

3. What You Know -- The single that we all know. A hustler's anthem, but good enough to have non-rap fans singing to it. T.I. has found the balance that most artists spend their career looking for. You want something hot for the streets, but hot enough for the TRL audience.

4. I'm Talkin' To You -- Once again Just Blaze returns. Beat is strictly nasty. This is the track for dudes that always find a way to run their mouth about you and what you're doing. The way T.I.P. flips his flow on the track, shocked me. I love T.I., but didn't know he could flip it like that!

5. Live In The Sky -- As someone in this post stated, this is something you could see Pac performing. Jamie Foxx on the track definately helps tons. Very mellow, very laid-back, good for riding....

6. Ride Wit' Me -- "Ride wit' me *CENSOR ICON*/ Lemme show u where we kick it at..."
Sort of reminds me of What U Know, but about a completely different topic. Good, smooth track with a catchy hook.....

7. The Breakup (Skit) -- Simple interlude featuring Mike Epps....

8. Why You Wanna -- A single for the ladies, but good enough that dudes can vibe with it. Basically, a "dump your zero, get with a hero" track....

9. Get It -- Swizzy on the beat. Some people are going to love this track, others are going to not be impressed. Personally, it keeps my head bobbing. Apparently, whatever you need, T.I. can get it......

10. Top Back -- Mannie Fresh beats down the door again. I turned my bass down to 1/4th and this still rattled the speakers. Personally, it reminds me of an "old" T.I. track....

11. I'm Straight -- A song that someone constantly on their grind can relate to. Put me anywhere, and I'm straaaaaaight......beautiful cameos from Jeezy and B.G. All three cats k!lled it....

12. Undertaker -- Mess with T.I., Buck, P$C, etc....you're going to get buried apparently. They will end your life if you aren't careful....hey, at least they let out a fair warning.....probably my least favorite track on the CD....

13. Stand Up Guy -- I never ever, ever, ever, ever expected to hear T.I. make such a track. Is it good? Yes, just not typical T.I., IMO. Not the typical T.I. flow, same T.I. raps though....basically, come kick it with me in the club, bring your friend, we're going to smoke weed, get drunk, take some pills, leave, have a menage-a-fifteen.....

14. You Know What -- I think this beat is just so hot. Not sure who produced it, but if Just Blaze did it, I wouldn't be surprised. Could be Travis Barker also.....combine 'What U Know' and 'I'm Talkin' To You' and I think you have this track. Like I stated, lovely beat, and a good song, but I'm not going crazy over it....

15. Goodlife -- Fine track, but the combination of Common and T.I. is definately unexpecting. I don't mind it, but just a shock. A very laid back and light track with T.I. explaining why he lives the life he does.....

16. Hello -- Basically, T.I. asks and makes statements about what a lot of dudes wonder about their ex. Governor almost ruins such a nice song, IMO. I wish there was another singer on the beat or that they let the sample provide his part....

17. Told You So -- T.I. is letting you know that he "told you so" years ago that he'd be on top. Basically, T.I. is deciding to rub it in your face that you didn't believe in him then and now you're on his piece. He's right though, I won't argue.....

18. Bankhead -- This beat is absolutely crack, crack, cRACK! Hell, the whole song is....P$C clique does their thing. I think this might be the best way to end the album. I was riding around earlier playing this, losing my mind. Thought I was in an ATL club, about to riot. Scared anyone driving next to me....be careful where you play this, riots most likely will incite, especially in ghetto areas......

Overall: I think this is an absolutely fabolous album. Could it have been better? Yeah. Am I disappointed? Absolutely not! T.I. came back and did it, once again. I truly feel like T.I. ventured out on this CD. Tried to please every coast and every style of music. And for that, he deserves props. Some of the beats on the CD could've been better, but none are bad.

Maybe it's the hype from finally getting it, but this might be the first album I purchase in like two years. T.I. is the man, and as much as I love Wayne, T.I. has a crown upon his head. Maybe it's more hype flowing through my veins, but I haven't heard a flow like this in a while from a rapper. They all sound the same on every track, and here's a cat (from the SOUTH!) doing it different. I truly hope that this album sells.

I'm sure no one is going to read my review and if they do, they're going to not gain anything from it, so I apologize.

What a great week for music, eh? Ghostface k!llah keeps me smiling and then I ride right into this album. I'm going to be living off a musical high for the next several weeks/months. Thanks T.I......
Thank you for the incite on this CD this will help....PROPS!!!...
 12 years ago '05        #84
bigbeats 
space
space
$121 | Props total: 0 0
this is one of the best
 03-25-2006, 04:19 AM         #85
tha_transetta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its just goin to be knowed as a classic to me but lil flip better come out with some fire this year

south representer
 03-25-2006, 08:50 AM         #86
Paralex 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended
 03-25-2006, 11:49 AM         #87
TuRbØ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i give it a 4 pretty good album
 12 years ago '05        #88
95thstreet 
space
space
space
$164 | Props total: 0 0
It's a tight album, but i only give it a 3.5 because i expected it to be so much harder than it is. I expected it to be along the same lines as the Jeezy album, but it doesn't quite match it to me. I was a little disappointed, but it's still a decent album. I think he got fu*ked over by the major producers though, cuz that Timbaland beat sounds like the 90's Timbaland and that Just Blaze beat and the Swizz beat were just avg. And I won't even get into that half a.ss beat the neptunes provided. Thats what took away from the album to me.
 03-25-2006, 12:11 PM         #89
black52 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dis album go hard one of T.I best
 03-25-2006, 12:17 PM         #90
anticon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its a good record. has some real good bangers on that. a couple skip through tracks though.
 03-25-2006, 02:55 PM         #91
tha_transetta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whos tha king
 03-25-2006, 04:31 PM         #92
The Number 9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Very Good

4/5
 12 years ago '05        #93
jc7211 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,107 | Props total: 91 91

props
 03-25-2006, 06:30 PM         #94
linixon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
12 out of 18 songs is hot.....some of that sh*t some bull sh*t though.....but im am a male...i guess it's for the ladies.....lil flip he "talkin to you"....ha lil flip fu*k up....his career....pimp c spit that real sh*t at the end of "im striaght".....lil flip doing wack a.ss videos on un cut now a days.....ha....T.I. the n*gga hot.....it ain't better than trap musik though....but that's becaus it's a different element.....its just like urban legend....im serious in a category of it's own.....he also needed some more of that dirty south bounce to it..he had to many horns....througout the whole album....like the queen of england was coming.......but i guess that king sh*t....just blaze should have dropped them horns...when he go off on that last first of IM talking to you....his flow mastered......i give the whole thing a 4/5.....:applause: sh*t glad i don't have to listen to bullsh*t laffty taffy franchize boyz in the club now.....snap musik crap....killin hip hop.....

Last edited by linixon; 03-25-2006 at 06:35 PM..
 12 years ago '05        #95
ajmac10 
space
space
$445 | Props total: 0 0
I gave it a 4/5, its a nice album but I still hold Trap Muzik as the benchmark...definitely his best imo. I do agree with linixon, finally some southern fire instead of that laffy taffy sh*t
 03-26-2006, 03:04 PM         #96
JoeSnow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So i throw it in on the car and before i know it i'm done with the first 6 songs and never even came close to hitting the skip track button.
So i'm feeling all of these:
1. king back
2. front back (ft. u.g.k.)
3. what you know
4. im talkin to you
5. live in the sky (ft. jamie foxx)
6. ride wit me
All of these are fire to me. Enough said.

Then the break hits, it's a break not really gonna rate that. Back to the music.
7. the breakup

So into
8. why you wanna
Seems more like a song for the ladies, it's alright.

Then
9. get it
Sounds different then the others. Not really bad but just not what I was feeling like the other previous tracks. Beats pretty nice but I can see how some people wont like it. Probably a love or hate track.

Then:
10. top back
Oh yes i'm feeling this one. Very nice.

Next:
11. im straight (ft. b.g., young jeezy)
This one grew on me. Was skippable at first but now I'm really liking it.

12. undertaker (ft. young buck, young dro)
This ones alright. I was expecting better with T.I and Youngbuck on it though. A little disappointed.

13. stand up guy
Pretty different but still like it very much.

14. you know who
Loving the beat on this one. Feeling the song too.

15. goodlife (ft. pharrell, common)
This ones different. Got that Pharrel touch on it though so makes it listenable for me. Nice to having something different thrown in too.

16. hello (ft. governor)
Not really feeling this one. Some people might but just not my style.

17. told you so
Another good track.

18. bankhead (ft. p$c, young dr
Very nice. Goodway to end things.

So to break it down about 12 tracks I have no problem at all listening too out of 17 (not counting the interlude/break)

Then about 2-3 tracks that I'll listen to depending on how i'm feeling. And 2-3 i'm just not really feeling.

Overall I liked the album. A solid 4/5 IMO.
 03-26-2006, 03:08 PM         #97
lishbone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pissed at this album..3/5 he sounds the same on all the songs except 3 or 4, it's a great radio cd many singles but nohting I'll be keeping in my player for a month, oh well atleast we know he'll make more music
 03-26-2006, 04:38 PM         #98
DJ ACV 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Give it a 3.5
Its not crap but its not a full bangin album. HAlf of it is tight as hell but the other half is simple and boring.
The best tracks imo include:
Front Back, What Ya Know, I'm Talkin 2 U, Live In The Sky, Ride Wit Me, Top Back, Goodlife, Bankhead

Everything else was pretty simple and boring
I'm str8 was really dissapointing. That hook aint str8 at all.
I'ma buy it cuz i liek tip and i support UGK, so im down with that sh*t. But it aint live up to its expections.
 12 years ago '06        #99
unclejuju 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,160 | Props total: 497 497
4/5....nice album
 12 years ago '04        #100
Shanon 
space
space
$1,467 | Props total: 15 15
3 this album is good but very repetitive, and the tracks that needed 2 be skipped are really weak. I expected more from him but its worth a buy, and sounds very nice in the car
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
43 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
130 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
76 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy