Mar 4 - Cuban Link Speaks On Fat Joe, Pitbull & Rumours Of Signing With G-unit Read H

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-04-2006, 12:41 PM         #1
6557 pageviews
17 comments

RapTapes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mar 4 - Cuban Link Speaks On Fat Joe, Pitbull & Rumours Of Signing With G-unit Read H

Cuban Link - "The Cuban Link"
Feature by Stacy Christoforidis

Once a hip hop fanís ears open up to the name Cuban Link, the mind frame of that individual will most likely respond with images of Big Pun, the Terror Squad and Fat Joe. After a long, difficult struggle trying to maintain topnotch quality status after Big Punís death in 2000, Cuban Link, under a fresh label (MOB Records), is taking steps toward regaining his title and reputation. Although his most recent album, Chain Reaction, disappointed many with its somewhat lower-than-usual numbers, Cubanís been responsible for humbly dropping a few recent hits with his ladies-feel ďSugar DaddyĒ
feat. Mya and reggaeton banger ďScandalousĒ feat. Don Omar. In an exclusive interview with MoreHopHop.comís Stacy, the ex-Terrorer opens up about Big Pun, spills the dirt on Fat Joe and Pitbull, talks about a possible G-Unit representation and expresses his dreams about the future.

MH2 - How did you meet Big Pun? What role did he play in your life?
Pun? Pun was my roll dog right there. We started before the game, we were friends before that. We were like block bodies. We started out like that and then we became like brothers, thinking the same. That was my dog, my crimee, my rap partner. So when we came in the game, we came in it together. Yíall probably wouldíve seen little flicks from that, from ďOff the BooksĒ with the Beatnuts, you know, that was our first joint. Even though he had his album deal already, he made me part of that. He put me in that situation, so you know, I got a shot, a chance to really show my talent through that with him, without even having a deal. Besides that, itís just like, thatís my dog.

MH2 - Through him, you met the other members of Terror Squad?
No, well actually, I knew Joe before Pun. Joe was like a dog from the block, too. We were never in business until we got into this rap thing, and he really sat down and took a listen to us, took a listen to Pun really. He fell in love with Punís talent. After that, he knew that it was a package deal with me, Seis and Pun. We was called Full-a-Clips. Thatís where Uncle B invested money in us and he was backing us up as far as making records. Heís another acquaintance of us, between Joe and us, and, Uncle B, he made that happen. He introduced us to Joe and he made Joe try to take us to the next level.

MH2 - Whatís the stand of the relationship between you and Joe now?
I donít get along with him. We will never see eye to eye again as far as like friendship. Itís a relationship thatís already gone. The line was crossed already. It can never, ever be the same. It canít ever be close to the same. He just do his own thing, I do my thing, and weíre gonna keep it going like that.

MH2 - A couple of months ago, Remy Ma said something to the effect that Fat Joe donít care about nobody but himself. Do you feel the same?
I mean, Iíve been saying that. Itís five years already been gone since Iíve separated from them and, you know, that was my main issue. Sometimes people get lost and other things Ďcause thereís busy people. When youíre in the industry, you tend to take care of yours first and then others. And, you know, in a leadership role, that part of you should never come out as bluntly as it does with him. And itís so bluntly that, after a while, you got love for him and everything, but you wanna see where the love is at and it usually comes up empty. I knew she had to go through that to really realize what Iíve been in already. And, believe me, it was a long, ongoing swallowing of the pride just to be friends with him and do things for him and receiving nothing back as friends. At the end of the day, you just have to know itís a business relationship with him, thatís how it is. No matter how deep you get into it, at the end of the day, itís about him. And, I mean, itís shown. In the business sense, itís shown. Nobody came out of the Terror Squad except him. For five years, since Pun passed away, nobody else came out, and thatís a little peculiar in my eyes, Iím sure in otherís eyes, too.

MH2 - Who are you signed under now?
MOB Records, the Men of Business, labeled out of Connecticut. They took a chance with me. We sold over 1,000 independently. Things are going like clockwork and weíre just planning to move on to bigger things.

MH2 - Rumor has it that G-Unit wants to sign you.
Thereís a big rumor going around. We have words, not actually me with him, but some representatives from MOB Records have words with him and theyíre interested. Weíre just trying to sit back and just trying to find out the best possible deal. (Are you flattered?) I mean, flattered, I got my own little story. Iím not tryiní to involve people in my story. You know, my music is real. I do what I do, I do it from my heart. I love hip hop, thatís what I do. I bring that to the table. So I consider anybody lucky to be a part of my circle. As well as if they feel the same, then itís a beautiful thing. We keep it moving. But if Iím gonna go somewhere and theyíre gonna shove me or theyíre just gonna have an artist there just to keep them around and do other things, I donít wanna be in that situation. I wanna shine. I wanna do my thing, itís about time.

MH2 - How do you feel about Pitbullís dis against you?
Itís been a long time. Thatís been like a 2 1/2, 3-year old dis and sh*t. I still consider it recent. That dis right there that he did, I take it real personal Ďcause, you know, the young cat donít know me. And for somebody that donít know somebody and say those kind of things, get somebody to chirp in his ear, he wants to jump positions. At the time when he did that, he was a rookie, nobody knew of him. And he did that, I guess itís just a battle to do that, but what he said was derogatory and I took it personal to the point of, you know, when I see him, thereís gonna be some problems. So I mean, I really despise that dude as far as just him being Cuban and picking me to do that to. Me being one of the first Cubans out in New York Ďcause we needed to represent and him being Cuban, you know, I took that like a real dis. It was far more than just lyrics. It was like a sellout, heís a sellout type dude and I have no respect for him. And, you know, we confronted each other in a negative way as far as that, you know, I jumped on him a little bit.
But itís not that far as beef. He already apologized to his peoples. He told me the stories, well, his peoples came and told me. He ainít even got the nuts to, I guess, face me. I was ready to sit down with him after a while Ďcause I was like, you know what man,this cat donít want no beef, you know, everybody from his camp is telling me that. But I donít sleep man, I donít sleep. You tell me you donít want no beef and then you stab me in the back.
Iím on point all the time dealing with the Joes of the world. So I already know. Iíve been in the snake pit for a minute. I know how the snakes work. I donít take that too kind unless it comes to my face and really irons things out for me. But he never had done that, you know what Iím saying. I still donít like him, I donít respect him and donít care about him.

MH2 - You being Cuban and all, lately youíve been seen doing collabos with the Latino artists. You got ďScandalousĒ with Don Omar and ďNunca FallaĒ with Zion. Any plans on moving toward a different genre?
I want to definitely do a Spanish album. I wanna give my Spanish peoples and my Latin heritage my side of being Spanish. I want them to definitely accept me for doing what I did. My struggles and what Iíve done is essential to hip hop like that, but I am saying that in another sense Ďcause Iíve been repping my heritage for a minute. Even in my English music, being in a world like this, you know, black folks and just surrounded by English-talking people, I always managed to just throw Spanish words in there and let them know what my culture is, you know what Iím saying. Just as Pun did, me having a little more Spanish background, speaking Spanish coming from another country, Cuba, actually coming from Cuba, I have to. Itís definitely a goal for me I set by doing a Spanish album and let them respect and accept my side of being Latino.

MH2 - How do you feel about the way your Chain Reaction circulated?
I mean, you gotta take into consideration that it was done under a new label, so there were a lot of bumps and bruises, all the obstacles we had to go through. Being that MOB was a new label and they had to make new relationships. It costs a lot of money to do that. In this game, you gotta understand that Cuban Link was still probably most of the secret societies-hated motherfu*ker in the industry. You know, people donít say it, but, as far as business, they blocked a lot of business ventures from me because of the beef that I have with Joe. So you have to take all that into consideration. But, besides that, you know, we did real good. Itís a lot of politics, but Iím just trying to let my talent shine.

MH2 - What are you focused on now?
Right now, Iím working on my second album, Chain of Command. About to do it up, drop it by the fall. We took a little late start over there Ďcause we were just torn around doing shows and making new relationships happen, trying to just venture. Weíre trying to go into a bigger label - either Sony, Universal, G-Unit, whoeverís interested to take the Cuban Link real seriously, Iím with it, you know what Iím saying. But we have to make a smart choice, thatís why Iím taking a little longer.

Cuban Linkís making moves to let his talent shine. Keep your eyes and ears open.

Source -
[pic - click to view]

www.morehiphop.com

go to the site check out the new interview with Cheri Dennis, new feature with Dj Enuff also!!

Last edited by RapTapes; 03-04-2006 at 12:45 PM..

17 comments for "Mar 4 - Cuban Link Speaks On Fat Joe, Pitbull & Rumours Of Signing With G-unit Read H"

03-04-2006, 02:44 PM         #2
TheChamp86  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good Read!!!
 03-04-2006, 03:30 PM         #3
Quiksilver  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Props
 12 years ago '04        #4
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
Link was my favorite member of the original TS

His verse on Hidden Hand was niiiice
 12 years ago '04        #5
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,123 | Props total: 4499 4499
so Joe is the one that really put terror squad on then huh? I guess he said B intro him and pun to joe for joe to get things poppin
 12 years ago '04        #6
space
space
why did pit bull diss ur boy link? i never heard about that.
 12 years ago '04        #7
whyh8 
space
space
$342 | Props total: 0 0
well link is alright props for the read but he still talking about beef with joe that is so old. the n*gga just need to go make some good music and let it go. once you turn it into a personal thing then you get side tracked.
 03-04-2006, 04:15 PM         #8
StreetExclusive  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pitbull Blows, Fat Joe cant out sell john cena now thats funny.
 03-04-2006, 04:58 PM         #9
mlw333  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
would be nice to here an album from link, if pun wouldnt have passed he would have blown up
 12 years ago '04        #10
SMallz 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,467 | Props total: 3 3
 whyh8 said:
well link is alright props for the read but he still talking about beef with joe that is so old. the n*gga just need to go make some good music and let it go. once you turn it into a personal thing then you get side tracked.
its tough to just focus on making good music and succeeding, when the guy you use to have beef with has so many connections and isnt publicizing your sh*t...like fat joe tries his hardest to make cuban fail...u kno how many connections he has, thats y cuban signed with MOB, a label no one knows, becuz he wants to be able to sell his sh*t, to be independent, get the opportunity to shine like he said, and even tho the beef was old, joe was preventing him from doing that
 03-04-2006, 06:03 PM         #11
djdude7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The reason why Pit dissed Link is because when Pun died Pit claimed that Link shouldv'e been next to come up outta the Squad.But we all know that Fat Joe outshone everyone else and basically took over.Pitbull was extremely frustrated and that's why he made the diss.I like both Pit and Link, but I like Pitbull more because he has been doing spanish music ever since he started while Link is just beginning it.I would definitely like for them 2 to squash the beef because I think the Cuban hip-hop fans really need something from them 2 together.
 12 years ago '06        #12
BxRePrEsEnTa718 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,716 | Props total: 202 202
 whyh8 said:
it is personal fat joe gave cuban link his scar on his face he gave him the buck 50 (razor to the face) at a club
 12 years ago '04        #13
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,673 | Props total: 6809 6809
itbull..woo hoo

rappers needa a life, blah blah i took it personal my pus*y hurts....lol, id jsut ignore every 1 dissin me if i was a rapper or better yet help him & come out dissin my self like em did on 8 mile...lol
 12 years ago '04        #14
Y.H. 6 heat pts
space
space
$612 | Props total: 3 3
man fu*k the links and fat Joe and a half a dolla
 12 years ago '06        #15
monstah 
space
space
$1,999 | Props total: 97 97
damn
good read
props
 12 years ago '04        #16
space
space
 djdude7 said:
The reason why Pit dissed Link is because when Pun died Pit claimed that Link shouldv'e been next to come up outta the Squad.But we all know that Fat Joe outshone everyone else and basically took over.Pitbull was extremely frustrated and that's why he made the diss.I like both Pit and Link, but I like Pitbull more because he has been doing spanish music ever since he started while Link is just beginning it.I would definitely like for them 2 to squash the beef because I think the Cuban hip-hop fans really need something from them 2 together.

you saying pit bull dissed link becuase link wasnt able to blow up next god? If thats true. then pit bull bogus as hell for making a diss track based on the dumbest reason.
 03-08-2006, 09:35 AM         #17
thesequel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Even before the planes crashed in the twin towers I been Latin (Bin Laden)"
He goes hard...
 12 years ago '04        #18
Jasonb619 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 60 60
Anyone else find this funny?

Who are you signed under now?
MOB Records, the Men of Business, labeled out of Connecticut. They took a chance with me. We sold over 1,000 independently.

sold 1,000 records? People with wayyyy less exposure sell more out of their trunk than that
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
43 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy