squad up!

Ghostface Clowning D4L

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
45 comments
@thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-14-2006, 03:09 PM         #176
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
either way everyones makin too much out of some sh*t he said at a concert. its his opinion of the song. its not like he made a diss track and sh*t. then i would agree with the dude with the reasonable doubt avy.

13 years ago '04        #177
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,231 | Props total: 1098 1098
can somebody make this download-able?

13 years ago '05        #178
siggiddy 
space
space
$7,712 | Props total: 1431 1431
 tweedle- said
Aight not Bleek status but he would still be in the shadow of Big just like Bleek is of Jay.
NO!!!! Bleek isn't in any shadow except his...Young Chris is more in the shadow if you ask me...And say if The Commission Album would've dropped if B.I.G. didnt pass...you really think Jay would get murdered on every track....NO...He's too nice for that...another dumb statement by you sir...

*Still Listening To Supreme Clientle On Saturday Night*

02-14-2006, 03:12 PM         #179
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 brian8947 said
How "wack" you think jay's influence has made rap has nothing to do with whether jay has had influence, try to fu*kin argue the point and not something else.

The point is not if ghost is a legend on bx or in "real hip hop" circles, its if hes a legend overall, so ill look at the overall consensus.

try 2 mill.

And nah, 50 isnt a legend, hes had a huge impact on the game, and sold a lot of records, but he hasnt been around long enough. When hes gone, he will be, and youll have to face that.
I never said Jay made rap wack but he brought alot of these teeny boppers into hip hop.

A legend can be argued by alot of different circles. The Teeny Boppers will say 50 is a legend, the Post 2000 people will say Jay is a legend(Not just them but mainly them), the old school hip hop heads will say Rakim, KRS, Wu are legends, the Underground heads will say MF Doom is a legend.

You just said
Ghost has sold millions of albums? About 2 mill solo. Ironman went 900, pretty toney 200, and the other 2 were both gold.
So 2 million + 900 + 200 + 500 + 500 = 4.1 million. I didnt add it up properly before. So that is millions of records sold.

50 will never be a legend unless he can drop another album or 2 to the same callibre of POTD or GRODT

13 years ago '04        #180
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,382 | Props total: 357 357
 brian8947 said
1.He wasnt needed in the wu, 36 wouldve done the same thing without him.

2.You claim to know real hip hop and say this, I hope your kidding.

3.Once again, you claim to know real hip hop and say this, I hope your kidding.

4.So he has "dope lyrics", how is that any impact on hip hop

I wasnt the one who said no one knows ghost besides ny, there are wu-fans everywhere, but only internet n*ggas think its a classic. Didnt get 5 mics, isnt seen as a classic by music critics, isnt an overall classic.
What makes me laugh @ you is the fact that You keep saying "You hope im kidding" but you dont know enough to actually spit a name disputing what ive said..If ghost wantnt the first popular and most resiliant MC with an original flow and slang then who is???? E-40?!!?! Theres no way you can prove some dumb sh*t like Wu would have have been the same without ghost when hes been the most sucussful solo artist.

02-14-2006, 03:13 PM         #181
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 siggiddy said
NO!!!! Bleek isn't in any shadow except his...Young Chris is more in the shadow if you ask me...And say if The Commission Album would've dropped if B.I.G. didnt pass...you really think Jay would get murdered on every track....NO...He's too nice for that...another dumb statement by you sir...

*Still Listening To Supreme Clientle On Saturday Night*
Jays overrated. Not even Top 10. Get mad

02-14-2006, 03:14 PM         #182
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ben Codean said
Being a member of a team and dropping two solos is not a musical accomplishment. There is nothing legendary about that.
He dropped 5 solo albums but I only see 2 of them Classics. Would you consider Nas a legend?

02-14-2006, 03:16 PM         #183
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 brian8947 said
I wasnt the one who said no one knows ghost besides ny, there are wu-fans everywhere, but only internet n*ggas think its a classic. Didnt get 5 mics, isnt seen as a classic by music critics, isnt an overall classic.
So Lil Kim - The nekkid Truth is a classic cause it got 5 mics?

02-14-2006, 03:16 PM         #184
brian8947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said
I never said Jay made rap wack but he brought alot of these teeny boppers into hip hop.

A legend can be argued by alot of different circles. The Teeny Boppers will say 50 is a legend, the Post 2000 people will say Jay is a legend(Not just them but mainly them), the old school hip hop heads will say Rakim, KRS, Wu are legends, the Underground heads will say MF Doom is a legend.

You just said

So 2 million + 900 + 200 + 500 + 500 = 4.1 million. I didnt add it up properly before. So that is millions of records sold.

50 will never be a legend unless he can drop another album or 2 to the same callibre of POTD or GRODT
I said about 2 million solo, as in 900+200+500+500

You said jay brought a lot of teeny boppers into hip hop, is that not a big impact?

Yea, everyone will say different cats are legends, but when it comes down to it, there are legends pretty much across the board, and ghost is not one of them.

13 years ago '05        #185
siggiddy 
space
space
 tweedle- said
I made my point tho..thats all you can say...and thats opinionated...

*Realizes You Dont Know What You're Talking About*

*Laughs At You*

*Stops Listening To Supreme Clientle*

*Listens To Blueprint*

02-14-2006, 03:18 PM         #186
Ben Codean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said
either way everyones makin too much out of some sh*t he said at a concert. its his opinion of the song. its not like he made a diss track and sh*t. then i would agree with the dude with the reasonable doubt avy.
I agree. The argument has really shifted away from this anyway its now about how "great" Ghostface is and how he is better than (insert whoever here ). Ghostface has the right to state his opinion about whatever he wants.

13 years ago '04        #187
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
 tweedle- said
Sloow Down .. Sloooow Dowwwwn.. Son has got arguably the best album ever under his belt and hes not top 10??!?! this thread is getting out of contol. He's got the second most charisma of an MC ever. (1st is pac)

02-14-2006, 03:19 PM         #188
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 brian8947 said
I said about 2 million solo, as in 900+200+500+500

You said jay brought a lot of teeny boppers into hip hop, is that not a big impact?

Yea, everyone will say different cats are legends, but when it comes down to it, there are legends pretty much across the board, and ghost is not one of them.
Oh ok, misread it. 2 million is still millions of records.

No, Mike Jones, Paul Wall and D4L probably brought a bunch of fans over, does that make them legends?

Only to the teeny boppers. If you are an actual proper hip hop fan and youve listened to the Wu Tang albums + his solo albums, you can say hes a legend. I bet you havent even heard Ghostfaces albums

13 years ago '05        #189
siggiddy 
space
space
 EMBARK said
Sloow Down .. Sloooow Dowwwwn.. Son has got arguably the best album ever under his belt and hes not top 10??!?! this thread is getting out of contol. He's got the second most charisma of an MC ever. (1st is pac)
Understands..

02-14-2006, 03:20 PM         #190
brian8947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EMBARK said
What makes me laugh @ you is the fact that You keep saying "You hope im kidding" but you dont know enough to actually spit a name disputing what ive said..If ghost wantnt the first popular and most resiliant MC with an original flow and slang then who is???? E-40?!!?! Theres no way you can prove some dumb sh*t like Wu would have have been the same without ghost when hes been the most sucussful solo artist.
K, 36 chambers changed the game, I cant absolutely prove it wouldve without ghost, but that album had ghost on a few tracks, none of the big hits, and the albums main selling point was how it was being called a musical classic due to the production like nothing else.

Original flow? How is his flow original? And the slang thing is hard, bc ghost is not a popular rapper and never was. But anyway, if you mean any known rapper then e-40, if you mean any big selling rapper then snoop.

02-14-2006, 03:20 PM         #191
Ben Codean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said
He dropped 5 solo albums but I only see 2 of them Classics. Would you consider Nas a legend?
It doesnt matter because its all opinion.

02-14-2006, 03:21 PM         #192
brian8947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said
Oh ok, misread it. 2 million is still millions of records.

No, Mike Jones, Paul Wall and D4L probably brought a bunch of fans over, does that make them legends?

Only to the teeny boppers. If you are an actual proper hip hop fan and youve listened to the Wu Tang albums + his solo albums, you can say hes a legend. I bet you havent even heard Ghostfaces albums
No I used to bump ironman a lot. Mike Jones might've sold some records, but he hasnt changed a thing. Just bc some hardcore online rap fans think someones a legend does not make them one.

02-14-2006, 03:22 PM         #193
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EMBARK said
lmao. The best album ever? Im sorry I never realised Reasonable Doubt was better than:

OB4CL
36 Chambers
All Eyes on Me
Me Against the World
Illmatic
Paid in Full
Ready to Die
Doggystyle
The Score
No One Can do it better

Do I need to continue?

02-14-2006, 03:23 PM         #194
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 brian8947 said
No I used to bump ironman a lot. Mike Jones might've sold some records, but he hasnt changed a thing. Just bc some hardcore online rap fans think someones a legend does not make them one.
Im not talking about people online. Go ask some people that were around when 36 Chambers dropeed, ask them if Ghost is a legend and then come back with an answer

13 years ago '05        #195
siggiddy 
space
space
 tweedle- said
lmao. The best album ever? Im sorry I never realised Reasonable Doubt was better than:

OB4CL
36 Chambers
All Eyes on Me
Me Against the World
Illmatic
Paid in Full
Ready to Die
Doggystyle
The Score
No One Can do it better

Do I need to continue?
It is...so yes you need to continue...I only agree with OB4CL, 36, Illmatic, & Ready To Die, wow forgot Paid In Full

Last edited by siggiddy; 02-14-2006 at 03:27 PM..

13 years ago '04        #196
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
Ok I gotta hear this... if the flows NOT original then someone else flows like ghost? WHO???

For the record neither E40 nor snoop is as relevant as ghost is. Possibly snoop but everyone is pretty clear about how much snoops flow has fallen off.

13 years ago '04        #197
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
 tweedle- said

OB4CL
36 Chambers
All Eyes on Me
Me Against the World
Illmatic
Paid in Full
Ready to Die
Doggystyle
The Score
No One Can do it better

Do I need to continue?
I didnt say it was the best because there is no best. I said arguably one of the best. But it is definately better than no one can do it better, Me against the world, Doggystle, and the score..

Point is if you rapped on any of the other albums then you obviously can make your case for being in the top 10

Last edited by EMBARK; 02-14-2006 at 03:29 PM..

02-14-2006, 03:28 PM         #198
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 siggiddy said
It is...so yes you need to continue...I only agree with OB4CL, 36, Illmatic, & Ready To Die
Noone even really talked about Reasonable Doubt when it dropped. It was a sick album but it was never rated as high as it is today. Funny how as an artist gets bigger, their previous albums get better

02-14-2006, 03:29 PM         #199
Ben Codean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said
Im not talking about people online. Go ask some people that were around when 36 Chambers dropeed, ask them if Ghost is a legend and then come back with an answer

That also depends on where you are from. Wu tang aint popular downsouth. I never knew anyone playing Wu tang sh*t but white people. True story.

02-14-2006, 03:31 PM         #200
MURDAMAZE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hahahaha, i wonder how D4L is gonna take this... haha can u imagine those clowns makin a diss track.. haha.. ghost is dat n*gga, jeaa

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pete Davidson sent Mac Miller intimate pictures of Ariana Grande days ..
260 comments
10 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The 10 most Rat Infested cities in the U.S. - - NY not #1?
31 comments
10 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside There is a GOD..DESS! BETH! 😇
45 comments
14 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Look Like Sauce Walka And Offset Beefin
77 comments
9 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Husband catches wife creeping by accident searching on Google Maps for..
51 comments
13 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Deray just roasted that fuc nigga drake haaaa bet awards
55 comments
14 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Big T!t Backpage M!lf
81 comments
14 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Oct 16 - philadelphia - 200 students brawl outside mcdonalds
51 comments
13 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Shakur Stevenson giving Tank Davis that work
25 comments
9 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 16 - Ted Cruz went full Trump and Beto let him have it
42 comments
13 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA KD shows off his Championship Ring
42 comments
9 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Ohh sh-t the Vic mensa XXX diss just dropped and he straight bodied X S..
166 comments
14 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This my type
34 comments
12 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Is Gruden Gone Yet? The Countdown to Jon Gruden’s departure begins. #Raide..
27 comments
15 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Wack gets exposed calling Game a fake banger!!SMH!
98 comments
13 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA so NO THREAD on JAYLEN BROWN BODY SLAM DUNK of the YEAR on JOEL EMBIID?? :..
43 comments
11 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Oct 16 - Breaking news! Youtube down for the count. stay tuned
62 comments
14 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Batmobile Spotted on Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker Movie Set
39 comments
13 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Does yella beezy think it’s over?
67 comments
15 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nigerian 🍑👀
4 comments
9 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
foshoVoodoo
TonyM
StillNigga
Papi
AC_89
Prodigital SC
Suavebeatz
WhyEsElvrSurfer
BigBallerLavar
stogz
Top 10 most slapped recently
suavehooper
Rule 336
Fras
Melle
blah blah blah
Take Care
BlackDynamite
StillNigga
Deeznutz1981
CityofChampions

most viewed right now
online now  48
Video inside DRAKE'S EX MALIAH MICHEL claims SHE TOLD PUSHA T about BABY & SOPHIE PL..
132 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  26
Image(s) inside Brazilian Puerto Rican Hybrid. I Almost Nutted Twice Making This Thread
106 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  23
Video inside They're paying people $10,000 to cross this bridge 💸
95 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside Netflix dropped one of the scariest series of all time
57 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  11
NFL Big mouth Gaylen Ramsey silent after Dallas ass whooping
53 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  11
NBA Frank Ntilikina Starting At The 3, Knox On Bench For Knicks
96 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside UH-OH: JAY-Z Pull UP On OFFSET FROM MIGOS & GOT HIM SHOOK BACKSTAGE fo..
76 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside Google , Apple, and IBM no long require college education to work there
90 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy