Ghostface Clowning D4L

most viewed right now
76 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

02-14-2006, 03:47 PM         #151
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dudes an idiot bottom line

i say let it go

theres no convincing a moron that hes wrong

13 years ago '04        #152
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,411 | Props total: 405 405
 brian8947 said
Do you realize how fu*kin stupid you are? U cant back anything up, you just give your little sentence punchlines that dont mean sh*t. Jay-Z has had a lot more impact on the game than ghost, I dont think you can argue that, consistently sold millions of albums and had a lot of hit singles, is very critically acclaimed, Released 2 widely regarded classics, and is one of the most skilled ever to do it (this is arguable, but I mean just in terms of technical ability as a rapper, if youve ever tried to rap youd know what I mean)
Damn youre a real dumb-muthafu*ker aint you???? Aint no body trying to compare Jigga to Ghost!! But how the fu*k can you call yourself a hiphop fan and ask dumb sh*t like: How is ghost a legend???? What impact has ghost had on the game??? Who outside of NY knows who Ghost is???
Are you fu*king kidding me!?!?!

Personally i remember when Enter the 36 Chambers came out and how thats the ONLY album n*ggaz was playing in the hood. Then when Ironman came out and RZA was ontop of his game... n*gga pioneered all that old school movie interlude sh*t that every body bites.

Ghost is a filthy lyricst who also set out that irelevant create-my-own slang flow that n*ggaz all over the country try to rock (E-40, mF-doom, etc)

So basically Sign off you D4l fan and then change your avy

13 years ago '05        #153
siggiddy 
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 1441 1441
 awall said
uhhhh i think not

next....new york keeps losing.
do not make this a south vs. east beef b...play your role

*bumps Supreme Clientle after listening to Ironman*

13 years ago '04        #154
C.R.I.P. 4 heat pts
space
space
$18,902 | Props total: 7656 7656
 rippac4 said
Ghostface is one of my favorites & I HATE that D4L sh*t but cats k!ll me talking about real hip hop when they get older & sh*t just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't hip hop, I think he's bitter because as much as people hate the song including myself it is successful so quit all that real hip hop because hip hop is different to everyone in different places because Cali n*ggaz can rap about New York sh*t like a New York n*gga don't under the south like the south don't understand up north
thats what im tryna say. just cause n*ggas dont like the song they say it aint hip hop. hip hop is all about freedom of expression. im not defending neither of they music cuz they gon do they thang regardless of what anybody on hear say. but thats the way its allways gon be East is gon hate on South musik, West is gon hate on East musik, and east gon hate on west musik.

02-14-2006, 03:49 PM         #155
brian8947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said
Enter 36 Chambers>>>>>>>Jays discography
Ironman>>>>>>>Jays Discography

Blueprint is not a classic, its 4.5 at best, its overrated, much like himself. Ghost has 2 classic solo albums + Classic Group albums with Wu-Tang. People have given you hit singles from Ghost but you dont both to read them because youve never of heard them before. Jay-Z was just an average guy when he first came out, he was always in Biggies shadow till BIG died. Ghost first came out with Wu Tang, are you saying Jay Z had more impact on hip hop than Wu-Tang? LMAO. Ghost has sold millions of albums, whats your point with that? Sales dont make you good anyway. Look at 50 Cent, hes sold just as much or close to what Jay Z has in 2 albums, does that make him better than Jay? So your saying Ghost isnt skilled now? Come on son, admit it, you started listening to rap in 2000 and Reasonale Doubt is the oldest cd youve heard.
You cant fu*kin read. You can argue about BP being overrated all you want, the bottom line is, its widely considered a classic, as is RD. Neither of ghosts albums are classics across the board, regardless of how good you think they are, maybe on bx, but nowhere else.

Just bc ghost came first with wu-tang means he made a bigger impact? Look at the rap game from 98 on, a lot of cats was tryin to be jay, hes set more trends than ghost could dream of.

Ghost has sold millions of albums? About 2 mill solo. Ironman went 900, pretty toney 200, and the other 2 were both gold.

Do sales make you good? Not necessarily, but to be a legend you do need to make an impact on the game, which generally implies sales.

And Ready To Die got me into rap in 94, I was bumpin wu-tang a lot back then too.

02-14-2006, 03:51 PM         #156
brian8947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EMBARK said
Damn youre a real dumb-muthafu*ker aint you???? Aint no body trying to compare Jigga to Ghost!! But how the fu*k can you call yourself a hiphop fan and ask dumb sh*t like: How is ghost a legend???? What impact has ghost had on the game??? Who outside of NY knows who Ghost is???
Are you fu*king kidding me!?!?!

Personally i remember when Enter the 36 Chambers came out and how thats the ONLY album n*ggaz was playing in the hood. Then when Ironman came out and RZA was ontop of his game... n*gga pioneered all that old school movie interlude sh*t that every body bites.

Ghost is a filthy lyricst who also set out that irelevant create-my-own slang flow that n*ggaz all over the country try to rock (E-40, mF-doom, etc)

So basically Sign off you D4l fan and then change your avy
36 Chambers did change hip-hop, and that album could've been without ghost and it wouldve done the same thing.

Ironman didnt change sh*t, Cuban Linx, 36, and Liquid swords already did all those movie interludes.

And if you think E-40 is bitin ghostface your the one who doesnt know hip hop

02-14-2006, 03:51 PM         #157
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ben Codean said
I like how you couldnt name anything Ghostface has done. Good job kid.
When did you ask me to name anything Ghostface has done? Thats right you didnt. I can if you want

Never Be The Same Again
Buck 50
Daytona 500
The Grain
Apollo Kids
Nutmeg
Camay
Black Jesus
Assasination Day
Cher Chaz La Ghost
Run

02-14-2006, 03:53 PM         #158
brian8947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said
When did you ask me to name anything Ghostface has done? Thats right you didnt. I can if you want

Never Be The Same Again
Buck 50
Daytona 500
The Grain
Apollo Kids
Nutmeg
Camay
Black Jesus
Assasination Day
Cher Chaz La Ghost
Run
Name an impact ghostface had on the game, a trend he set, some way he changed the game. and dont mention 36 chambers, bc ghostface had nothing to do with that changing the game.

Last edited by brian8947; 02-14-2006 at 03:54 PM..

13 years ago '04        #159
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
 brian8947 said
Neither of ghosts albums are classics across the board, regardless of how good you think they are, maybe on bx, but nowhere else.

Do sales make you good? Not necessarily, but to be a legend you do need to make an impact on the game, which generally implies sales.
Yo dog youre a fu*king moron for real. Hip hop Just went commerical relatively recently. So if you have to have sales to have impact that would make KRS-1, Rakim, and Kane NOT LEGENDS. Compared to mad n*ggaz out now these n*ggaz havent sold sh*t. Are you going to tell me they are not legends.. How many Plat. albums does Scarface has? Is he not a lengend?
Impact has nothing to do with sales.

And go on Amazon.com n*ggaz all over the world are calling Ironman and Supreme Clientele classics.

02-14-2006, 03:56 PM         #160
Ben Codean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said

Never Be The Same Again
Buck 50
Daytona 500
The Grain
Apollo Kids
Nutmeg
Camay
Black Jesus
Assasination Day
Cher Chaz La Ghost
Run
Go back a few pages genius I specifically asked you what Ghostface has accomplished to make him a legend and all you did was name some song that are far from legendary.

Last edited by Ben Codean; 02-14-2006 at 03:57 PM..

02-14-2006, 03:56 PM         #161
Birdman37 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why is Ghostface dissin them wackass n*ggas? he dont needa be wastin his time with them cats, even though it was funny. fu*k D4L!

02-14-2006, 03:56 PM         #162
brian8947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EMBARK said
Yo dog youre a fu*king moron for real. Hip hop Just went commerical relatively recently. So if you have to have sales to have impact that would make KRS-1, Rakim, and Kane NOT LEGENDS. Compared to mad n*ggaz out now these n*ggaz havent sold sh*t. Are you going to tell me they are not legends.. How many Plat. albums does Scarface has? Is he not a lengend?
Impact has nothing to do with sales.

And go on Amazon.com n*ggaz all over the world are calling Ironman and Supreme Clientele classics.
Ok amazon.com n*ggaz say its a classic, good argument.

KRS-1, Sacrface, Rakim, and Kane dont have the big sales that some cats today have, but they are still legends bc of how they changed the game. Ghost didnt change the game in any way.

02-14-2006, 03:58 PM         #163
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 brian8947 said
You cant fu*kin read. You can argue about BP being overrated all you want, the bottom line is, its widely considered a classic, as is RD. Neither of ghosts albums are classics across the board, regardless of how good you think they are, maybe on bx, but nowhere else.
Ask any real hip hop head, not these 50 Cent, Jay Z, Eminem people. I mean people who actually listen to pre 2000 sh*t, ask them if Ironman is classic and you let me know what the answer is.
Just bc ghost came first with wu-tang means he made a bigger impact? Look at the rap game from 98 on, a lot of cats was tryin to be jay, hes set more trends than ghost could dream of.
The rap game since 2000 has been wack/deteriorating, I can probably count the number of classics that have come out from those years on my hands. If BIG never died, Jay would have Bleek status.

Ghost has sold millions of albums? About 2 mill solo. Ironman went 900, pretty toney 200, and the other 2 were both gold.
By my count thats just over 5 million records sold. So like I said, Ghost has sold millions of records

So by that logic, 50 Cent is a legend? Cause he basically took the game when GRODT came out. Yeah That Massacre is real classic sh*t

And Ready To Die got me into rap in 94, I was bumpin wu-tang a lot back then too.
I find that hard to believe if you dont think Ghost is a legend.

13 years ago '04        #164
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
 Ben Codean said
Go back a few pages genius I specifically asked you what Ghostface has accomplkished to make him a legend and all you did was name some song that are far from legendary.
Go back ONE page and i pretty much outlined his impact on the game.

02-14-2006, 04:00 PM         #165
Ben Codean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 brian8947 said

KRS-1, Sacrface, Rakim, and Kane dont have the big sales that some cats today have, but they are still legends bc of how they changed the game. Ghost didnt change the game in any way.
Thats what im talking about.

02-14-2006, 04:00 PM         #166
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ben Codean said
Go back a few pages genius I specifically asked you what Ghostface has accomplished to make him a legend and all you did was name some song that are far from legendary.
Seems like you need to go back some pages. Ill even quote myself cause I cant be bothered to type it.

tweedle- said
What do you mean all of a sudden?

His Part in the Wu Tang albums + Ironman + Supreme Clientele + His part on on other peoples albums

Those things make him a legend

13 years ago '04        #167
matik23 
space
space
$1,849 | Props total: 321 321
brian dances to laffy taffy bwahahaha

13 years ago '05        #168
siggiddy 
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 1441 1441
 tweedle- said
If BIG never died, Jay would have Bleek status.
dumbest statement point blank period..Jay would've still been holding his own..and did we forget about a little track called 'Brooklyn's Finest' didn't Jay hold his ground against the top MC at that time...and what about another little track called "I Love The Dough" I swear he got B.I.G. on that joint...

*Continues Listening To Supreme Clientle*

02-14-2006, 04:03 PM         #169
Ben Codean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EMBARK said
Go back ONE page and i pretty much outlined his impact on the game.
I went back one page and didnt see sh*t.

13 years ago '04        #170
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
 brian8947 said

Yeah it is a good point because it proves that not only a small group of people in NY consider it a classic, and thats the dumb sh*t that you tried to say.

I hope you see how youre changing your argument with every post: 1st sales matter and now sales dont matter over how they changed the game. You fu*king up already.

But ghost has changed the game: 1)he helped bring NYC rap back to the forefront with the Wu-era 2)he was the first popular n*gga to start rapping with his own slang 3) he was one of the first to stray away from simple tellin story raps 4) This n*gga has remained lyrically relevant for a longer time then YOUR FAVORITE MCs

02-14-2006, 04:05 PM         #171
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 siggiddy said
dumbest statement point blank period..Jay would've still been holding his own..and did we forget about a little track called 'Brooklyn's Finest' didn't Jay hold his ground against the top MC at that time...and what about another little track called "I Love The Dough" I swear he got B.I.G. on that joint...

*Continues Listening To Supreme Clientle*
Aight not Bleek status but he would still be in the shadow of Big just like Bleek is of Jay.

02-14-2006, 04:05 PM         #172
brian8947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said
Ask any real hip hop head, not these 50 Cent, Jay Z, Eminem people. I mean people who actually listen to pre 2000 sh*t, ask them if Ironman is classic and you let me know what the answer is.

The rap game since 2000 has been wack/deteriorating, I can probably count the number of classics that have come out from those years on my hands. If BIG never died, Jay would have Bleek status.

By my count thats just over 5 million records sold. So like I said, Ghost has sold millions of records

So by that logic, 50 Cent is a legend? Cause he basically took the game when GRODT came out. Yeah That Massacre is real classic sh*t

I find that hard to believe if you dont think Ghost is a legend.

How "wack" you think jay's influence has made rap has nothing to do with whether jay has had influence, try to fu*kin argue the point and not something else.

The point is not if ghost is a legend on bx or in "real hip hop" circles, its if hes a legend overall, so ill look at the overall consensus.

try 2 mill.

And nah, 50 isnt a legend, hes had a huge impact on the game, and sold a lot of records, but he hasnt been around long enough. When hes gone, he will be, and youll have to face that.

02-14-2006, 04:06 PM         #173
Lungs of Steel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 brian8947 said
^ He'll prob say that hes put out classic albums, etc, but when it comes down to it, the wu-tang movement may have had an effect on hip-hop, but ghostface himself never did.

not the wu tang movement MAY have had an effect.....it DID have an effect.....ghost is clowning D4L cause they wack......not cause he jealous.....he dont like the song just like me so he called em out.....if there feeling some type of way o well......the sh*t is basic.....and ghostface has had an impact because he brings a different dimension than any other MC.....thats why hes ill cause hes original:banghead:

02-14-2006, 04:08 PM         #174
Ben Codean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said
Seems like you need to go back some pages. Ill even quote myself cause I cant be bothered to type it.
Being a member of a team and dropping two solos is not a musical accomplishment. There is nothing legendary about that.

02-14-2006, 04:09 PM         #175
brian8947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EMBARK said
Yeah it is a good point because it proves that not only a small group of people in NY consider it a classic, and thats the dumb sh*t that you tried to say.

I hope you see how youre changing your argument with every post: 1st sales matter and now sales dont matter over how they changed the game. You fu*king up already.

But ghost has changed the game: 1)he helped bring NYC rap back to the forefront with the Wu-era 2)he was the first popular n*gga to start rapping with his own slang 3) he was one of the first to stray away from simple tellin story raps 4) This n*gga has remained lyrically relevant for a longer time then YOUR FAVORITE MCs
1.He wasnt needed in the wu, 36 wouldve done the same thing without him.

2.You claim to know real hip hop and say this, I hope your kidding.

3.Once again, you claim to know real hip hop and say this, I hope your kidding.

4.So he has "dope lyrics", how is that any impact on hip hop

I wasnt the one who said no one knows ghost besides ny, there are wu-fans everywhere, but only internet n*ggas think its a classic. Didnt get 5 mics, isnt seen as a classic by music critics, isnt an overall classic.

Home      

most viewed right now
-17online now  55
MMA Conor McGregor Accused Of Rape?
45 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+49online now  39
Dec 12 - College teacher fired for having too much booty
107 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-70online now  35
Mom of 4 looking for a guy to hang out with
265 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+34online now  17
Video inside Metal Heads React To "I Gave You Power" By Nas
53 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  15
How Lean Became Rap’s Most Wanted Drug
98 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside So Daz is a liar. Reggie Wright Jr Denies Daz Fought Him or Suge, Says ..
59 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+85online now  12
Kodak Black walks out of Hot97 interview after Ebro mentions sexual assault al..
367 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+121online now  12
"But but but Tupac tried to be gangsta"
81 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy