squad up!

Marijuana's impact on training

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
88 comments
@thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-09-2006, 07:21 PM         #26
biggfoot024  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5ive_Micz said
that's probably never gonna happen, nothing like a bag of chips or a burger when having the munchies
try picturing somebody really stoned throwing healty crap and a scoop of whey in a blender and wilding out on chicken brea$t
done it before. its not that bad plus you dont have the "sh*t i ate all taht food..." moment:applause:

Last edited by biggfoot024; 02-09-2006 at 07:30 PM..

02-11-2006, 12:00 AM         #27
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah, i notice that weed hurts lifts now that i took a short break and my reps are up.

still I wanna know why scientifically, an explaination, like the one for drinking.

I am lifting to be a better f!ghter, i train in mma. Also, rolling in jiu jitsu is fu*kin hard when you cant breathe from smoking every day.

Basically, my conclusion is, you can train and smoke, but smoking will always be a thorn in your side as long as you continue to smoke and train.

02-11-2006, 05:23 PM         #28
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn... nobody has any academic info?

13 years ago '05        #29
Double M Set 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,676 | Props total: 4154 4154
man u guys are f*gs worrying about this sh*t too much i swear if weed wasnt illegal we wouldnt be having this thread

13 years ago '05        #30
landlord151515 142 heat pts142
space
space
$2,823 | Props total: 3324 3324
mind over matter use the force luke! I smoke and I'm fine. arnold smoked ciggars all the time. just know your limits

02-12-2006, 05:33 PM         #31
MyleS P2525  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all i kno is that marijuana lowers your testosterone levels which help you develope your muscles and basically your 'manly' mindstate. speaking from experience it definateley k!lls your endurance during euphoria(high) but when sober, a barely noticable effect on lungs IF smoked.

02-12-2006, 11:34 PM         #32
eco mental  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Feel The Same Way...this Just Made My Day...

02-13-2006, 01:55 AM         #33
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats his son brandon
 Kung-Fu Joe said
bruce lee was shot, thats why he died early

02-13-2006, 01:57 AM         #34
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
exactly and he smoked after he won, and after eating cake, it was part of his celebration and break from his strict dieting and training regimen, yeah he def didnt drink wine in the weeks leading up to competiton I know that
 Abstract said
The 'Arnold smoking vid' is Pumping Iron, he's seen after he wins Mr Olympia for the 6th time smoking a joint.
He pretty much says in the making of it that it was staged, as were many other things in that movie, which is why it's a docu-drama and not a documentry.
He probably did smoke, a little, I doubt he puffed regularly, as for a bottle of red wine every night, I doubt it's possible to sustain his physique by doing that, even if it is, at his peak he was devoted to perfection, I'd seriously doubt he'd be jeapordising it by drinking and smoking exessively.

02-13-2006, 01:59 AM         #35
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all in all, it doesn't help you, you are definitely better lifting and better in shape without it, there is no question about that

02-13-2006, 01:16 PM         #36
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all i kno is that marijuana lowers your testosterone levels which help you develope your muscles and basically your 'manly' mindstate.
okay, where is the evidence that weed lowers test levels? that is the kind of info that I wanted in the first place. I know test is essential for training, that is why most steroids are one form of test or another.

man u guys are f*gs worrying about this sh*t too much i swear if weed wasnt illegal we wouldnt be having this thread
^^ okay buddy, I dont doubt that you smoke a lot. But to you and all the other people saying they smoke often and lift,
How much do you:
Bench?
Curl?
Squat?

if you honestly lift more weight than i respect your opinion, otherwise leave that hate alone.

Also to the guy that said use the force, thanks. I know mentality is at least half the battle. however, when you are using physiologically complex substances on a daily basis, i beleive it can overcome even the hardest mentality.

02-13-2006, 01:31 PM         #37
5ive_Micz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Double M Set said
uhm....wrong...we would still be having this thread

1) weed isn't illegal in holland and ppl are still having this discussion here
2) alchohol is legal and there's still a debate going on it's effects on lifting
3) the same goes for cafeine

13 years ago '05        #38
Rubix 
space
space
$8,813 | Props total: 1792 1792
i used to smoke weed daily and id get very tired in the gym. my endurance would be sh*t but its probably from the "smoke" than the actual drug in the marijuana. i also smoke cigarettes and that sh*t just k!lls me to. i cant even run 10 laps...i'd probably die if i did.

i've been smoking for like, 8-9 years now (weed and cigs along with a lot of other drugs) and that sh*t just aint good for you. but for some reason, when i play basketball baked as fu*k, im like mcgrady out there for real. lol.

02-14-2006, 02:47 PM         #39
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i just heard some sh*t like when you smoke anything, especially tobacco, it closes your veins somewhat decreasing blood flow.

Blood flow is essential for physique, especially vascularity.

I still wann hear more about the hormonal impact of thc/marijuana

02-14-2006, 03:57 PM         #40
pimp6509  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its in da weed

02-14-2006, 11:33 PM         #41
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its in da weed
very productive ^^, thank you

02-16-2006, 02:19 PM         #42
LordKaseem  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Killinit said
all i know is Tyson ended up a joke and one of the biggest dissapointments of the sport

Lee died early

the NBA has gone downhill from where it once was

and we all know the Rickey Williams saga..............so I suggest if you really want to be in peak physical condition stay away, I mean its defenitely hindering you in some aspects somehow, its only gonna benefit you to stop
:banghead: get the fu*k outta here, the NBA has gone down.....where. Tyson had a fu*ked up childhood and lost his mentor when he needed him the most,after he got the money. Bruce Lee was a.ssasinated for teaching western people the secrets of Kung Fu. What does weed have to do with any of them. Ricky Williams was basically protesting the fact that they even test for Marajuana. I need better arguements from you. Especially in light of the fact that Kobe just dropped 84 points in a game.

13 years ago '05        #43
Chicano_Flow 
space
space
$1,703 | Props total: 42 42
 mpballer20 said
yeah weed doesnt really affect you whilst lifting but the thc stores itself in you fat cell.

"increases rapping skills"
-thats some true sh*t cuz whenever me and my boys freestyled and recoreded dat sh*t we'd always be like "why can't we say all this hot sh*t when we don't smoke?"

Tru that, i try to improve in my skills sober. This is one of my biggest challenges in my life, i like smokin weed but im not a pothead, I would rather smoke than drink.But i like boxing also, and yes the day after i smoked out, i dont feel like i have the regular energy i would have if i didnt smoke the night before.But after a couple days ill go back to my normal state in condition, back into runnin hitting the bag all that. I sometimes stop smokin cuz i think its bad for me, I would think that WEED and TRAINING dont go together. But WEED and FREESTYLING do LOL, I like to smoke and freestyle and play video games, but i dont like to smoke when i wanna stick with training.but damn mostly everyone in my boxing gym smokes out LOL, when i first got there i thought everyone was dedicating to the sport but man was i so wrong. But propz for this, this is one of my thoughts ive always had, does weed affect you in your work out.

13 years ago '05        #44
Chicano_Flow 
space
space
Bruce Lee is one of my Idols all because how he transformed his body into a f!ghting machine. But for the way he died, I dont know if it was because he over worked out and got that headache, then that stupid bi*ch he was with gave him a pill that was prescribed for her, not for Lee. I dont know what went through that dumb bi*ch's head when she offered Lee that pill. Sad how he died, I wonder how Lee would be now, Im sure he would still be alive, He would be one of those Old Kung Fu Master. Tight if he would of made a movie with jackie chan and jet li.

13 years ago '05        #45
Chicano_Flow 
space
space
 Jussn Kredible said
i smoke, then workout or workout then smoke...been doin this for years...as long as u go in there focused and not a light weight laughin every 12 seconds, ull b fine..me and my boy smoke blunts in the parkin lot, then go in, well use to, cuz its really a waste of a high cuz u come out sober, but i still might smoke a j on the way there...i even had a convo with a trainer about it, he says its ok as long as u dont go and pig out cuz getting high DOES raise the level at which ur heart beats, so u are burning more calories than when ur sober
What your doin, I aint tryn to scare you, but thats how Eddie Guerrero died.
He used to do drugs alot, then he switched to wroking out, but cuz of all the drugs, i guess his hear arteries clogued up or something, so all the excessive work out is bad for your heart. all the smoke and the excessive work out is bad for your heart, i wouldnt do that.

13 years ago '04        #46
Jussn Kredible 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,411 | Props total: 73 73
 Chicano_Flow said
What your doin, I aint tryn to scare you, but thats how Eddie Guerrero died.
He used to do drugs alot, then he switched to wroking out, but cuz of all the drugs, i guess his hear arteries clogued up or something, so all the excessive work out is bad for your heart. all the smoke and the excessive work out is bad for your heart, i wouldnt do that.

eddie guerrero was doing WAY more than smoking weed son....he had a crazy schedule and fast lifestyle, and his body couldnt handle all that...im not goin out 300 days of the year and wrestling for 15 minutes, doin pain k!llers, goin to the gym, goin to the bar, gettin 3 hours of rest and doin it all over again....and to dude wantin to kno how much people that smoke bench and curl and all that sh*t, WTF does that have to with anything? its how u look outside the gym that matter, what u do in the gym only matters to you..u could lift the most weight and look like sh*t, wtf u workin out for..i dont go to the gym to just go and lift heavy sh*t, im tryin to look good...go to a chic and b like, "yea, i just lifted 39833 lbs"..they dont give a sh*t homey, its what u look like, for yourself, and for others perception

02-16-2006, 03:45 PM         #47
KeyKey  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I smoke week about four to six times a day and have put on alot of muscle and i think it is a great thing for bulking cuz of the munchies. You just gotta do alot of cardio, you gotta work out your lungs too when u smokin.

02-17-2006, 07:01 PM         #48
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and to dude wantin to kno how much people that smoke bench and curl and all that sh*t, WTF does that have to with anything? its how u look outside the gym that matter, what u do in the gym only matters to you..u could lift the most weight and look like sh*t, wtf u workin out for..i dont go to the gym to just go and lift heavy sh*t, im tryin to look good...go to a chic and b like, "yea, i just lifted 39833 lbs"..they dont give a sh*t homey, its what u look like, for yourself, and for others perception
that works for you then, if you are lifting to be a pretty boy for the ladies

for bodybuilding you need to lift progressively heavier weights to gain size and physique, otherwise you will never make any progress. The reason I asked how much daily weed smokers lift is because if you are weak as sh*t and telling me that weed doesn't affect lifting, your opinion holds no weight.

If you lift for the sake of f!ghting (which I do) It is a tremendous benifit to be marginally stronger than your opponent.
Example: you bench 135 max and squat 155. your opponent benches 300 and squats 500. a.ssuming you are both of equal f!ghting skill, you will get your sh*t rocked by someone who is that much stronger.

Also, in regular life f!ghts, people who lift to "look good" and are scrawny have little or no advantage in a f!ght. If you lift to be bigger, stronger and look good then you have an advantage over the 60-70% of people who don't lift weights at all.

not tryin to be an a**hole, just tryin to get to the bottom line facts in the debate that I started in this thread.

02-17-2006, 11:25 PM         #49
Hu$tL@  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sirhc2077 said

3) Supposedly more than half of the nba casually uses marijuana.

HTF do they pass the tests tho...? arent there like monthly drug tests in the nba?

02-17-2006, 11:38 PM         #50
Hu$tL@  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LordKaseem said
Bruce Lee was a.ssasinated for teaching western people the secrets of Kung Fu. .
:wow:

how did they fake his brain anuerism

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside OK So You All Asked Me For A Proof Pic
88 comments
2 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brittany Renner Is About To Expose Your Favorite Rapper
33 comments
1 hour ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "If Your 30 Years Old & Slept With Only 25 Women Your a Beta Male."
161 comments
4 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Ashanti Concert Canceled After Selling Only 24 Tickets
87 comments
4 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Got damn royce!!!
45 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside That time jim jones got a makeover
15 comments
26 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Oct 20 - BREAKING: Trump says US will withdraw from nuclear arms treaty with R..
19 comments
1 hour ago
@news
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Cardi B Needs Help With Post-Baby Body
7 comments
34 minutes ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
MMA DC says Khabib's crew was about to jump him for man handling Khabib
19 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Kanye West doesn't want any smoke with Snoop Dogg-check the pic
27 comments
4 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Not Even Trying Bruh
33 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When men want a BBW, is this what they have in mind?
27 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thicc A$s Jordans
13 comments
4 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
The fastest way for Disney to recoup the billions they spent on Fox
5 comments
1 hour ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 NBA Stephen Curry: The Man Who Changed The Game 🐐🔥🐐
9 comments
36 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside POWERFUL - I spent a day with my son's school bully
19 comments
1 hour ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA G League draft results
16 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LL Cool J Finally Addresses Rumored Beef With 2pac
48 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NCAAF Danm Things got HEATED during pregame btwn Michigan n Michigan State
20 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Young Thug's Shorty Jerrika Karlae Accidentally Shows Her T*tty on Live!
33 comments
5 hours ago
@misc
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Flippa Huxtable
Deuterion
FrescoB
Good Guy Ry
BtMkRs
strungout
Lonny Breaux
uoeno
BroadcastJones
justin747
Top 10 most slapped recently
GoldBluded
BlackDynamite
suavehooper
Binary
Affectz
Flippa Huxtable
two-face
Blaffy
Mr Scaramucci
TommyD

most viewed right now
online now  38
Image(s) inside 💥👀👉Say Something !!! 🍑🍒㈇..
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  36
PART 2. BX have you ever smashed a famous or well known broad before?
257 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  25
Video inside Steve Harvey Just said the realest sh-t ever!
90 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  24
Oct 19 - the spectrum cable cartel raping its victims for even more money
69 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Consummate professional. A true pillar to her craft.
30 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside One of the best films of that last ten years nobody cares about
106 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  11
Article inside Professional gamer caught cheating at CSGO tournament
69 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  8
Image(s) inside They Lined Up for that RDR2 my dude....
64 comments
1 day ago
@games
 Closes in 1 hour - NBA: Charlotte at Miami - 8:00 PM
 Closes in 1 hour - NBA: Detroit at Chicago - 8:00 PM
 Closes in 1 hour - NBA: Minnesota at Dallas - 8:30 PM
 Closes in 2 hours - NBA: Phoenix at Denver - 9:00 PM
 Closes in 3 hours - NBA: Houston at LA Lakers - 10:30 PM
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy