Marijuana's impact on training

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
417 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-09-2006, 10:00 AM         #21
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah i have heard people say you can lift high, but i've never tried it.

Still, i know there must be some health explaination for what marijuana does to your body just like there is for alcohol. props for any information.

For the people who lift high, how much do you:
Bench?
Squat?
Curl?
 12 years ago '05        #22
the407problem 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 231 231
i love weed and will never stop using (for more than a week)
 02-09-2006, 10:46 AM         #23
Abstract  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5ive_Micz said:
i've seen that arnold smoking vid, there are also pic's (screenshots) of it on google
but arnold did so many things bodybuilders don't do anymore, besides smoking weed Arnie also drank a bottle of wine every night, I can't imagine Jay or Ronnie doing that :D

The 'Arnold smoking vid' is Pumping Iron, he's seen after he wins Mr Olympia for the 6th time smoking a joint.
He pretty much says in the making of it that it was staged, as were many other things in that movie, which is why it's a docu-drama and not a documentry.
He probably did smoke, a little, I doubt he puffed regularly, as for a bottle of red wine every night, I doubt it's possible to sustain his physique by doing that, even if it is, at his peak he was devoted to perfection, I'd seriously doubt he'd be jeapordising it by drinking and smoking exessively.
 02-09-2006, 02:11 PM         #24
uchennan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
check it:
got a ?? for ya. what r u liftin for, if its to become world strongest man then dont blaze. But if its jus to improve yaself physically then you shouldnt stress bout the weed. you'll gain your muscle anyway. put it in prespective lol word of the day.

U feel me.
 02-09-2006, 05:22 PM         #25
Infamous_01  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When i stopped smoking weed i noticed i had more stamina and was able to do more reps of a desired weight along with more sets....While smoking weed, i was unable to even finish workouts some days cause i would be exhausted..I noticed improvements regarding my physical abilities in the gym about 2-3 weeks after i stopped.

But if its jus to improve yaself physically then you shouldnt stress bout the weed
LOL thats an oxymoron.....to invest time and money in a gym with intentions of improving ones self physically, while (at the same time), smoking weed, which of course decreases your overall health (mentally and physically).

I guess what im tryin 2 say is you'll have greater success if you just take it easy on weed. Im not sayin quit cause not even i have went that far...just take a little break and focus on your goal. If you cant do that then ure lacking dedication which is one of the most important factors that can get you anywhere in life. The other is hard work. Combined nothing can stop you from reaching a desired goal weather its improving your physique or becoming a pr0n star (my lifelong dream) :D

Anyway take it EZ.
 02-09-2006, 08:21 PM         #26
biggfoot024  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5ive_Micz said:
that's probably never gonna happen, nothing like a bag of chips or a burger when having the munchies
try picturing somebody really stoned throwing healty crap and a scoop of whey in a blender and wilding out on chicken brea$t
done it before. its not that bad plus you dont have the "sh*t i ate all taht food..." moment:applause:

Last edited by biggfoot024; 02-09-2006 at 08:30 PM..
 02-11-2006, 01:00 AM         #27
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah, i notice that weed hurts lifts now that i took a short break and my reps are up.

still I wanna know why scientifically, an explaination, like the one for drinking.

I am lifting to be a better f!ghter, i train in mma. Also, rolling in jiu jitsu is fu*kin hard when you cant breathe from smoking every day.

Basically, my conclusion is, you can train and smoke, but smoking will always be a thorn in your side as long as you continue to smoke and train.
 02-11-2006, 06:23 PM         #28
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn... nobody has any academic info?
 12 years ago '05        #29
Double M Set 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,449 | Props total: 1539 1539
man u guys are f*gs worrying about this sh*t too much i swear if weed wasnt illegal we wouldnt be having this thread
 12 years ago '05        #30
landlord151515 137 heat pts137
space
space
$2,497 | Props total: 2311 2311
mind over matter use the force luke! I smoke and I'm fine. arnold smoked ciggars all the time. just know your limits
 02-12-2006, 06:33 PM         #31
MyleS P2525  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all i kno is that marijuana lowers your testosterone levels which help you develope your muscles and basically your 'manly' mindstate. speaking from experience it definateley k!lls your endurance during euphoria(high) but when sober, a barely noticable effect on lungs IF smoked.
 02-13-2006, 12:34 AM         #32
eco mental  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Feel The Same Way...this Just Made My Day...
 02-13-2006, 02:55 AM         #33
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats his son brandon
 Kung-Fu Joe said:
bruce lee was shot, thats why he died early
 02-13-2006, 02:57 AM         #34
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
exactly and he smoked after he won, and after eating cake, it was part of his celebration and break from his strict dieting and training regimen, yeah he def didnt drink wine in the weeks leading up to competiton I know that
 Abstract said:
The 'Arnold smoking vid' is Pumping Iron, he's seen after he wins Mr Olympia for the 6th time smoking a joint.
He pretty much says in the making of it that it was staged, as were many other things in that movie, which is why it's a docu-drama and not a documentry.
He probably did smoke, a little, I doubt he puffed regularly, as for a bottle of red wine every night, I doubt it's possible to sustain his physique by doing that, even if it is, at his peak he was devoted to perfection, I'd seriously doubt he'd be jeapordising it by drinking and smoking exessively.
 02-13-2006, 02:59 AM         #35
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all in all, it doesn't help you, you are definitely better lifting and better in shape without it, there is no question about that
 02-13-2006, 02:16 PM         #36
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all i kno is that marijuana lowers your testosterone levels which help you develope your muscles and basically your 'manly' mindstate.
okay, where is the evidence that weed lowers test levels? that is the kind of info that I wanted in the first place. I know test is essential for training, that is why most steroids are one form of test or another.

man u guys are f*gs worrying about this sh*t too much i swear if weed wasnt illegal we wouldnt be having this thread
^^ okay buddy, I dont doubt that you smoke a lot. But to you and all the other people saying they smoke often and lift,
How much do you:
Bench?
Curl?
Squat?

if you honestly lift more weight than i respect your opinion, otherwise leave that hate alone.

Also to the guy that said use the force, thanks. I know mentality is at least half the battle. however, when you are using physiologically complex substances on a daily basis, i beleive it can overcome even the hardest mentality.
 02-13-2006, 02:31 PM         #37
5ive_Micz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Double M Set said:
uhm....wrong...we would still be having this thread

1) weed isn't illegal in holland and ppl are still having this discussion here
2) alchohol is legal and there's still a debate going on it's effects on lifting
3) the same goes for cafeine
 12 years ago '05        #38
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
i used to smoke weed daily and id get very tired in the gym. my endurance would be sh*t but its probably from the "smoke" than the actual drug in the marijuana. i also smoke cigarettes and that sh*t just k!lls me to. i cant even run 10 laps...i'd probably die if i did.

i've been smoking for like, 8-9 years now (weed and cigs along with a lot of other drugs) and that sh*t just aint good for you. but for some reason, when i play basketball baked as fu*k, im like mcgrady out there for real. lol.
 02-14-2006, 03:47 PM         #39
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i just heard some sh*t like when you smoke anything, especially tobacco, it closes your veins somewhat decreasing blood flow.

Blood flow is essential for physique, especially vascularity.

I still wann hear more about the hormonal impact of thc/marijuana
 02-14-2006, 04:57 PM         #40
pimp6509  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its in da weed
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
324 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
66 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy