Marijuana's impact on training

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-07-2006, 11:28 PM         #1
12426 pageviews
66 comments

sirhc2077 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Marijuana's impact on training

There ars some cases that demonstrate no negative impact on training from thc.

1) Mike Tyson tested positive for marijuana immedeately after knocking out Andrew Golotta.

2) Bruce Lee ate weed brownies often and is arguably one of the best f!ghters of all time.

3) Supposedly more than half of the nba casually uses marijuana.

4) Ricky Williams won the hiesman trophy and was a competative nfl rusher, having tested positive for marijuana on more than one occasion.

Personally, other than the cardiovascluar impact of inhaling smoke, I see no harm in smoking weed (not cigarettes). On the other hand, I sometimes feel like I don't lift as hard after a night of smoking.

Does anyone know if there is any direct impact on you physically from thc?
I know that alcohol can cause drops in testosterone levels because of zinc, is there anything similar with weed?

I train with weights and also in mma and i love smoking weed. Any input is appreciated.

66 comments for "Marijuana's impact on training"

02-08-2006, 02:17 AM         #2
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all i know is Tyson ended up a joke and one of the biggest dissapointments of the sport

Lee died early

the NBA has gone downhill from where it once was

and we all know the Rickey Williams saga..............so I suggest if you really want to be in peak physical condition stay away, I mean its defenitely hindering you in some aspects somehow, its only gonna benefit you to stop
 02-08-2006, 03:09 AM         #3
5ive_Micz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there was a topic about this on the Muscle & Fitness mssg boards last week, there are some hardcore lifters with a lot of fitness knowledge on there, and everybody agreed that it won't do any harm for a responsible person.
A weak person who has to smoke everyday, who's no.1 priority is smoking won't go far in lifting, but the casual once or twice a week smoker can lift just as good as anyone.
 02-08-2006, 06:19 AM         #4
zeeno1982  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Marijuana is an estrogenic substance...Mike Tyson,Ricky Williams...they all took steroids,Bruce Lee was skinny as hell...think about that.Personally i dont smoke marijuana but when i did i couldnt be at the top shape
 02-08-2006, 01:55 PM         #5
eflana1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ I second 5ive micz.....occasionally probably won't effect you but if you're a regular smoker it surely isn't going to help you in the gym..........and i'd like to see people eat CLEAN after they get those munchies
 02-08-2006, 02:33 PM         #6
5ive_Micz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eflana1 said:
i'd like to see people eat CLEAN after they get those munchies
that's probably never gonna happen, nothing like a bag of chips or a burger when having the munchies
try picturing somebody really stoned throwing healty crap and a scoop of whey in a blender and wilding out on chicken brea$t
 02-08-2006, 03:06 PM         #7
CHRONICLE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t, i just got off effects from my wake and bake.
i don't smoke alot, but it helps me in other ways like my rappin skills increase.
my endurance seems to be higher when im high
but i aint a fu*kin pothead
 02-08-2006, 03:16 PM         #8
blingz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2) Bruce Lee ate weed brownies often and is arguably one of the best f!ghters of all time.

Prove that
 02-08-2006, 03:19 PM         #9
mpballer20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah weed doesnt really affect you whilst lifting but the thc stores itself in you fat cell.

"increases rapping skills"
-thats some true sh*t cuz whenever me and my boys freestyled and recoreded dat sh*t we'd always be like "why can't we say all this hot sh*t when we don't smoke?"
 02-08-2006, 03:34 PM         #10
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Prove that
Not sure which part you wan't me to prove.
It is a known fact that lee ate hash brownies. Accounts come from students who visited him. Steve Mcqueen got him into it and he talked about it in his memoir.
As far as being one of the greatest f!ghters of all time, He revolutionized the martial arts world and was said never to have lost a f!ght after he started training in Wing-chun under grandmaster yip-man, who was an opium user.

to the guy who said marijuana is an estrogenic substance, what do you mean?
does this mean that I can expect a drop in test levels after smoking?
If so, why and how does this occur?

Also, ricky williams didn't take steroids, there is no proof that tyson did (he had some of the best trainers boxing ever saw) and bruce lee was very buff, not skinny as hell. If you think he looked skinny, it is because it is benificial to a f!ghter to be somewhat lean, not like a bodybuilder who is big for the sake of being big.

While on the subject of bodybuilding, Arnold used to smoke weed during the peak of his career, there is a famous video of it. I know he was on roids but what impact if any did weed have on his hormones?
 02-08-2006, 03:37 PM         #11
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
About increasing rap skills... hell yeah it does.
According to Unbeleivable, a very credible biography of the Notorious B.I.G.,
Every single track biggie ever recorded was conceived and recorded under the influence of marijuana.
 02-08-2006, 03:46 PM         #12
5ive_Micz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i've seen that arnold smoking vid, there are also pic's (screenshots) of it on google
but arnold did so many things bodybuilders don't do anymore, besides smoking weed Arnie also drank a bottle of wine every night, I can't imagine Jay or Ronnie doing that :D
 02-08-2006, 05:04 PM         #13
uchennan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
check it:
smoke a blunt...put ya headphones on...bump some DMX...sh*t n*gga ready to take on the world.
its all in ya head homeboy.
 02-08-2006, 05:11 PM         #14
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nah man, try bench pressing while your high. If you can then props to you. I put up about 200 in my sets and I notice my reps drop after smoking the night before.

Some things are all in your head, but when you are on drugs it is definitely a detriment. I have smoked blunts every day and still lifted alright, but i still think its a detriment to training. I would just like some factual evidence of the impact on the body.
 02-08-2006, 07:12 PM         #15
williams31  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sirhc2077 said:

I know that alcohol can cause drops in testosterone levels because of zinc, is there anything similar with weed?

I train with weights and also in mma and i love smoking weed. Any input is appreciated.
well it does effect you especially if you smoke everyday....smoking prohibits oxygen flow to your muscles making it harder to gain....but if you do it like a couple times a week it shouldnt make much of a difference

and the weed probably didnt effect bruce lee because he was just eating it not smoking it
 02-08-2006, 07:30 PM         #16
Kung-Fu Joe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sirhc2077 said:
There ars some cases that demonstrate no negative impact on training from thc.

1) Mike Tyson tested positive for marijuana immedeately after knocking out Andrew Golotta.

3) Supposedly more than half of the nba casually uses marijuana.

4) Ricky Williams won the hiesman trophy and was a competative nfl rusher, having tested positive for marijuana on more than one occasion.

Personally, other than the cardiovascluar impact of inhaling smoke, I see no harm in smoking weed (not cigarettes). On the other hand, I sometimes feel like I don't lift as hard after a night of smoking.

bruce lee was shot, thats why he died early
 12 years ago '04        #17
freefab420 
space
space
space
$759 | Props total: 0 0
 Kung-Fu Joe said:
bruce lee was shot, thats why he died early
that was his son...
 02-08-2006, 08:04 PM         #18
sirhc2077  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bruce lee's death had nothing to do with the thread though. He still was a formidable f!ghter and had incredibly fast reflexes in spite of using marijuana. Let the debate continue.
 12 years ago '04        #19
freefab420 
space
space
space
$759 | Props total: 0 0
 sirhc2077 said:
bruce lee's death had nothing to do with the thread though. He still was a formidable f!ghter and had incredibly fast reflexes in spite of using marijuana. Let the debate continue.
yeah your rite bruce had a brain anuerism(sp?) or some sh*t like that...
 12 years ago '04        #20
Jussn Kredible 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,409 | Props total: 58 58
i smoke, then workout or workout then smoke...been doin this for years...as long as u go in there focused and not a light weight laughin every 12 seconds, ull b fine..me and my boy smoke blunts in the parkin lot, then go in, well use to, cuz its really a waste of a high cuz u come out sober, but i still might smoke a j on the way there...i even had a convo with a trainer about it, he says its ok as long as u dont go and pig out cuz getting high DOES raise the level at which ur heart beats, so u are burning more calories than when ur sober
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy