*Official* Post Your Whipz

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
171 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

10-01-2007, 03:32 PM         #521
unkle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplo said:
Good point. 192K on it, too.

Rings are shot, burns oil, etc.

Personally, I'd like to get an engine off ebay jdm used...30-40K on them.

d15b is ok, sohc vtec

but yeah, b16s are a waste imo....not too much more powerful than my d16, id rather get a b18

probably used out of some integra

Try these sites for a used motor. stay away from UPFD.com

Be advised, the quality and durability is a huge issue. Since the internals are not checked, you are taking a chance. Also, with jdm market, forcing people to ditch their motore after 60k miles, you can bet your bottom dollar, they will ride it hard.

The first site is where I got started with the twin turbo conversion. I bought a front clip with the tranny and ecu. The motor had 58k on it and it looked clean, but after 28k, I slipped a rod bearing and opt to pick to another used motor. This one lasted for about 1 year. I admit, the second I've k!lled it. Running more boost then what was suggested for stock block, I was asking for a problem. Lol.

Honest though, you should save and have one built. Used engines are better for your pockets but not too secure for my likings.

Japan direct will have some good deals on tranny but not to much on motors. Average to high retail.

One of my boys have a online store for car parts. It's reperformance.com. Mention my name tae, and he will look out for you. Its not a big shop but good for picking up parts for cheap. Let me or him know.

Last edited by unkle; 10-01-2007 at 08:46 PM..
 10-01-2007, 11:08 PM         #522
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
re site dont work. if you can get a working link, props!

the rest, ill get to tommorow...sleep is calling!
 10-02-2007, 08:51 AM         #523
unkle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The site is down but here is the number 9199616234. Ask for Jess.
 10-02-2007, 09:22 AM         #524
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Be advised, the quality and durability is a huge issue. Since the internals are not checked, you are taking a chance. Also, with jdm market, forcing people to ditch their motore after 60k miles, you can bet your bottom dollar, they will ride it hard."

Explain. IS there a law in Japan forcing people to drop their motors past 60K?

"The first site is where I got started with the twin turbo conversion. I bought a front clip with the tranny and ecu. The motor had 58k on it and it looked clean, but after 28k, I slipped a rod bearing and opt to pick to another used motor. This one lasted for about 1 year. I admit, the second I've k!lled it. Running more boost then what was suggested for stock block, I was asking for a problem. Lol."

Yup, yup. I had a valve tick in the Saturn after the head swap from downshifting too early and k!lling the 96HP motor lol. I automatically figured bent rod soon to eject out the block, but used a breaker bar to press on the head. Brother taught me that trick to listen to the rods. Rods were fine. Sold the car. Too much head gets into the cam, threads on the bolts goes.....cam moves..

"Honest though, you should save and have one built. Used engines are better for your pockets but not too secure for my likings.

Japan direct will have some good deals on tranny but not to much on motors. Average to high retail.
"

Those motors are crazy expensive, but worth it. New Civic jdm Si motor....$700....brand new car after that.
 10-02-2007, 12:18 PM         #525
unkle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplo said:
"Be advised, the quality and durability is a huge issue. Since the internals are not checked, you are taking a chance. Also, with jdm market, forcing people to ditch their motore after 60k miles, you can bet your bottom dollar, they will ride it hard."

Explain. IS there a law in Japan forcing people to drop their motors past 60K?

"The first site is where I got started with the twin turbo conversion. I bought a front clip with the tranny and ecu. The motor had 58k on it and it looked clean, but after 28k, I slipped a rod bearing and opt to pick to another used motor. This one lasted for about 1 year. I admit, the second I've k!lled it. Running more boost then what was suggested for stock block, I was asking for a problem. Lol."

Yup, yup. I had a valve tick in the Saturn after the head swap from downshifting too early and k!lling the 96HP motor lol. I automatically figured bent rod soon to eject out the block, but used a breaker bar to press on the head. Brother taught me that trick to listen to the rods. Rods were fine. Sold the car. Too much head gets into the cam, threads on the bolts goes.....cam moves..

"Honest though, you should save and have one built. Used engines are better for your pockets but not too secure for my likings.

"

Those motors are crazy expensive, but worth it. New Civic jdm Si motor....$700....brand new car after that.
I believe the exact miles is 68K if I'm not mistaking. Its due to their stringent emission standards. I have heard that you can't even rebuild after 68ks.

If you're referring to the engines on the sites I've provided, those aren't new engines. There's no way they could be new and be that cheap; however, you will get relatively low mileage motore. The question is, what kind of a guy had the motor before you. That is where I get hesitant in buying a motor out of a car, that is known for people hooking it up to go fast.

It will be more but it would be more secure. I could probably best any labor cost you will incur in a build up so let me know if that's what you want to do.

Last edited by unkle; 10-02-2007 at 07:02 PM..
 10-02-2007, 07:02 PM         #526
unkle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplo said:
re site dont work. if you can get a working link, props!

the rest, ill get to tommorow...sleep is calling!
he told me because of copyright violation on some of the pictures on the site, he had to take it down, but it will be up soon. the number is still good.
 10-07-2007, 09:00 PM         #527
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkle said:
I believe the exact miles is 68K if I'm not mistaking. Its due to their stringent emission standards. I have heard that you can't even rebuild after 68ks.

If you're referring to the engines on the sites I've provided, those aren't new engines. There's no way they could be new and be that cheap; however, you will get relatively low mileage motore. The question is, what kind of a guy had the motor before you. That is where I get hesitant in buying a motor out of a car, that is known for people hooking it up to go fast.

It will be more but it would be more secure. I could probably best any labor cost you will incur in a build up so let me know if that's what you want to do.
Which is why it costs a crapload more to build up the motor yourself. It's hard to get JDM peices for cheap (block, head, etc).

Some new additions tho dude

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

camber kit uca's are made from Rhino, skunk2 coilovers, kyb struts

just installed fogs, blew some fuses, melted wires, started a fire. the entire fog housing is hot, ended up grounding to bumper support...

wrapped the support with an entire roll of electrical tape...

took the bumber off 7 times in the past 3 days
spent the entire weekend on the JDM fogs..

installed JDM corners, headlights, and citylights, type R emblems from Japan, got a real Nagano plate coming in, putting on JDM license plate support, maybe soon get a Type-R lip..

not sure when, but soon
 10-11-2007, 06:47 AM         #528
sourcera2008 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

My Astra 1.8 coupe gets all the london girls weak at the knees lol
 10-20-2007, 11:19 PM         #529
Twista740 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #530
Woody 
space
space
space
$4,077 | Props total: 28 28
 Twista740 said:

[pic - click to view]

killin 'em....(if thats really yours)
 9 years ago '04        #531
MrNickNick 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,735 | Props total: 21 21
 dj X said:
MY 2004 ACURA RSX Type s, its stock, i mean i just bought a sound system for it, but its all sittin in my room, waiting to be hooked up whenever my bro has time...

[pic - click to view]

MY CAR AGAIN NEXT TO MY WIFE'S 06' BMW 325i

[pic - click to view]

that aint a type s... thats a base... type s's dont come in that color... they come in a lighter shade blue... also type s's dont come with that wing... and type s's come with painted front lip and sides... i can see urs is black...

anyways, heres mine, 2006 acura rsx type s

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by MrNickNick; 11-04-2007 at 07:39 PM..
 11-04-2007, 10:24 PM         #532
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ nice..

new pics unkle

[pic - click to view]

front Type-R lip

painted the guage pods..

[pic - click to view]

hooked up the JDM power folding mirrors..pain in my rear end...had to dig my hand way up in there...removal of the ECU and some other stuff. wires still run through the doorjam cause the doorjam grommets have harnesses on them....not rubber...call it tacky..oh well..
 11-05-2007, 07:47 AM         #533
unkle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplo said:
^^ nice..

new pics unkle

[pic - click to view]

front Type-R lip

painted the guage pods..

[pic - click to view]

hooked up the JDM power folding mirrors..pain in my rear end...had to dig my hand way up in there...removal of the ECU and some other stuff. wires still run through the doorjam cause the doorjam grommets have harnesses on them....not rubber...call it tacky..oh well..
i like the JDM bumper. the mirror look like it was a task...

i hope you got the right type of paint for your dash. my buddy with a mr2 did the same, but without the right kind of paint, it all cracked in the summer time. you should look/call around to some junkyards and see if you can get a black interior for your ride. i think it will look better with black interior vs tan.

take some more pictures at dusk, at low levels.

well, i my engine came in wednesday and somebody backed into the rear corner panel of my ride!!!:banghead: the damage is little but it also scratch the hell out of my rims... i had them for about 4 years so i guess it's time for some new ones. thinking of going with the five star design. more likely split five with at least 4in lip and rivets.
 9 years ago '04        #534
x Tha Arkitek x 47 heat pts47
space
space
$17,125 | Props total: 2879 2879
Diplo has taken over this thread ... lets rename to "Official Diplo's Whip!"
 11-07-2007, 09:12 AM         #535
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkle said:
i like the JDM bumper. the mirror look like it was a task...

i hope you got the right type of paint for your dash. my buddy with a mr2 did the same, but without the right kind of paint, it all cracked in the summer time. you should look/call around to some junkyards and see if you can get a black interior for your ride. i think it will look better with black interior vs tan.

take some more pictures at dusk, at low levels.

well, i my engine came in wednesday and somebody backed into the rear corner panel of my ride!!!:banghead: the damage is little but it also scratch the hell out of my rims... i had them for about 4 years so i guess it's time for some new ones. thinking of going with the five star design. more likely split five with at least 4in lip and rivets.
It is SLIGHTLY off. lol. dude, it is damn near impossible to match. I'll tell you why. The kat I bought the whip off of mixed integra interior parts. The LS seats do not match! lol

My dream would be a black interior. You're dealing with a complete interior. That is one hell of a task, man. Rear seats, you know I'd cop the front GSR leather seats, black dash, black trim, black rugs....dang! That is alot!

In the future, I might do that. I could make 75 off the seats, 20-50 off the dash, 20 off the rear seats....rugs are ruined..

A pillar is offset, thats why the paint doesn't match.

Next up: tints, alarm.....alarm i can get done for 250, everything...remote start, sensors...all that. I personally ripped out the old alarm, need a new ignition switch, i know how to hook up a alarm...which is why I MIGHT do it.

The tint I can get done for 100-120. Kats are really noticing the whip now.....thieves are populating this place.

Show some pics of that damage. My brother hit a deer. Wrecked fender, carbon fiber hood, windsheild I think...got to call him
 11-07-2007, 09:14 AM         #536
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
Diplo has taken over this thread ... lets rename to "Official Diplo's Whip!"
lol when I say project car, i mean it!

just got to tone down my driving...hate to have it all ruined
 11-09-2007, 05:03 PM         #537
Jez_humphrey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

nissan primera gt but i think u guys call it an infinity g20 over there
 9 years ago '04        #538
MrNickNick 3 heat pts
space
space
diplo, u should tone it down a lil... i see ur goin for that jdm look, but theres alot of things that throw it away... the advan sticker, the spoon sticker... the red painted thing around the cluster... also the gauge pod with meters... and the red H sign... those are things i would remove.. also i would slap back on the stock lip... that type r lip is specifically made for the 96-2000 civics from what i know.. i remember when i had ur car, it was a 92 civic hatch... lets see if i have pics...

[pic - click to view]

but yeah thats what i did to it... jdm headlights, jdm clear corners, d15b sohc vtec turbo... d15b lsd tranny... etc. the list goes on
 11-10-2007, 10:10 AM         #539
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was talking with some people bout this the other day.

I mean, it is what it is. Car came with an EX cluster w/ Tach.

I ain't about to sell the tach...

All those gauges are hooked up and I use them. Oil looses it's viscosity when it's hot. I try to keep the oil cooler than 220-225F. It's my daily driver. I do 80-110mph with it everyday. I run it hard. Always running late for work.

Quote me wrong, but I believe that is a 92-95 CTR lip. It had a stock SI/EX lip on it, and I removed. It had a Honda Oddesy emblem on it. I like the Type-R emblem. Had Advan tires on it...then ES100s..dude clear coated over the stickers....I ain't touchin them...i like them...thats all that matters.

Owner tried to say it had a D15B trans...no it doesn't..

This kat painted the material on the doors red...and I'm not about to pay out of my rear end to buy new door panels, just so I could take off the red on the inside...

But yeah, thanks for looking. Clean Civic.
 9 years ago '04        #540
MrNickNick 3 heat pts
space
space
 diplo said:
I was talking with some people bout this the other day.

I mean, it is what it is. Car came with an EX cluster w/ Tach.

I ain't about to sell the tach...

All those gauges are hooked up and I use them. Oil looses it's viscosity when it's hot. I try to keep the oil cooler than 220-225F. It's my daily driver. I do 80-110mph with it everyday. I run it hard. Always running late for work.

Quote me wrong, but I believe that is a 92-95 CTR lip. It had a stock SI/EX lip on it, and I removed. It had a Honda Oddesy emblem on it. I like the Type-R emblem. Had Advan tires on it...then ES100s..dude clear coated over the stickers....I ain't touchin them...i like them...thats all that matters.

Owner tried to say it had a D15B trans...no it doesn't..

This kat painted the material on the doors red...and I'm not about to pay out of my rear end to buy new door panels, just so I could take off the red on the inside...

But yeah, thanks for looking. Clean Civic.
it is a 92-95 CTR style lip... but they never made 92-95 ctr's... only SiR's... ctr's started in 1996... and thats where the lip appeared... but yeah i thought u painted that red thing urself... LOL, my bad... but if u like it... to each their own
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
202 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
107 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
130 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
115 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Big Boi Explains That "Record For Outkast" Gucci Mane Was Talking About
47 comments
21 hours ago