Quotes From Over 40 NBA Players And Coaches On Kobe's 81

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
92 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-24-2006, 10:12 PM         #21
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BO$$ Playa said:
I RECALL VINCE ACTUALLY STARTED THAT KOBE BAIRLY EVEN TOUCHED HIM REF CALLED A FOUL AND VC GOT IN HIS FACE FOR NO REASON ... I ADMIT KOBE DO TRY TO ACT LIKE HE TOUGH THOUGH..

FAIR ENOUGH........
yea thas true. i can see why people saying vince is hatin on kobe. but for people to say he's hatin cause he's jealous makes no sense. vince wanted to get out of the spotlight, he wanted tmac to stay with the raptors. the pressure of the raptors organization depending on him got to him, and when he joined new jersey he was well aware he was joining 2 other superstars on the team and he wouldn't get all the shine, and he was relieved by this, not jealous.
 01-24-2006, 10:30 PM         #22
Big Sed  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can not hate on kobe 81 points is crazy he has actually made history this is not over he is going for Chamberlin record and he might just do it the boy is bad he is more than bad he make micheal want to come back for 3rd time:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
 12 years ago '05        #23
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,829 | Props total: 225 225
lol at shaq's decline.
 12 years ago '05        #24
marzeial 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,485 | Props total: 239 239
Indiana Pacers Coach, Rick Carlisle:
"I don't feel so bad about the 45 he got on us now."

Golden State Warriors Coach, Mike Montgomery:
"I wish we had King Kong (to guard him). Anything we can do, we'll do."
I thought those two where the best
 12 years ago '04        #25
R. Joven 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,126 | Props total: 65 65
Vince talks about basketball being a team game but he quit on his team in Toronto...
 12 years ago '04        #26
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 Big Sed said:
I can not hate on kobe 81 points is crazy he has actually made history this is not over he is going for Chamberlin record and he might just do it the boy is bad he is more than bad he make micheal want to come back for 3rd time:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

What history did Kobe make here? Tell me what history was made that night?
 12 years ago '04        #27
sheppdizzle 
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 0 0
Miami Heat Center Shaquille O'Neal:
Declined to comment..

and i thought they were cool now.....
 12 years ago '06        #28
illmatic-tin 
space
space
$233 | Props total: 0 0
Miami Heat F, Antoine Walker:
"I think with the 81 now, no other team or other players will let that happen. Now guys will foul out trying to stop him from doing that. If someone gets 81 on me, I'm going to clothesline him." On Shaq: "He told us to get him 50 shots."
LMAO haha

props
 12 years ago '04        #29
Mat The W 
space
space
$10,386 | Props total: 0 0
 Snoop0o7 said:

Miami Heat F, Antoine Walker:
"I think with the 81 now, no other team or other players will let that happen. Now guys will foul out trying to stop him from doing that. If someone gets 81 on me, I'm going to clothesline him." On Shaq: "He told us to get him 50 shots."

spoken like a man who knows he's a threat to give up 80points to any player in the league.
 01-25-2006, 12:29 AM         #30
~ LABRYNTH ~  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i wonder if he gonna add a 1 to his jersey....that would b funny....for 1 game...play as number 81.......wut would b funnier is if he got hurt while he was wearing it.....or wait went 0-33 shooting....nall kobe my favorite player i just like seeing people get saughty.....its hilarious....
 12 years ago '04        #31
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,399 | Props total: 3881 3881
some is prolly fake pat riley i noticed was on there twice. . .

Miami Heat Coach Pat Riley:
"Anybody who's got the kind of energy to try to hoist up (nearly) 70 shots is going to score a lot of point. It's remarkable, the execution and the efficiency, but we've got a lot of guys in this league, if they took 70 shots, they'd score a lot of points." - 2nd Quote

Miami Heat Coach, Pat Riley:
"He might get 100. If you can get 81 . . . absolutely. He has the mentality to do that and conditioning. He's one of the best conditioned athletes in the world.'' - 3rd Quote 2nd Post..

oh well good ups anyway
 12 years ago '05        #32
BO$$ Playa 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,461 | Props total: 3 3
 jumpman2304 said:
some is prolly fake pat riley i noticed was on there twice. . .

"Anybody who's got the kind of energy to try to hoist up (nearly) 70 shots is going to score a lot of point. It's remarkable, the execution and the efficiency, but we've got a lot of guys in this league, if they took 70 shots, they'd score a lot of points." - 2nd Quote

"He might get 100. If you can get 81 . . . absolutely. He has the mentality to do that and conditioning. He's one of the best conditioned athletes in the world.'' - 3rd Quote 2nd Post..

oh well good ups anyway
he may have said that at a different time or was asked another question...

i know where this thread starter got these quotes from a laker board cause i seen them posted there than later it ended up here, basically they just took all the quotes from different articles and threw it in 1 thread...they are real though....

Last edited by BO$$ Playa; 01-25-2006 at 12:48 AM..
 12 years ago '05        #33
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
shame on tyson now he will def catch some boos next time they r at home
 12 years ago '04        #34
versiong 
space
space
space
$873 | Props total: 2 2
Allen Iverson:
Quote:
"It was an amazing night for Kobe. Just unreal. Like watching a video game. He's the best player in the game.". Asked if he will try to top the performance #3 wasnt so humble "We play Toronto in March. I'm going to go for 100."

lol everyone gunnin to score big points on toronto now LOL!
 01-25-2006, 08:24 AM         #35
PIFF90  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Vince Carter is gay as hell for saying what he said this is the same guy who admitted he didnt play hard some games in Toronto and he also faked injuries. Id rather my son have a heart like Kobe then be a bytch like Vince.
 01-25-2006, 10:41 AM         #36
PIFF90  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Snoop0o7 said:
Jerry West:
"I don't know if anyone could have stopped him last night. It's so senseless to me to say he shouldn't take over like that. You give the same amount of shots to everybody else and they're not making that many, I know it. Players are jealous of greatness. Kobe is a unique talent and a unique person. His belief that he can jump to the moon is never going to change. But I admire him, what he's been able to overcome. You would think he would be a fair-haired man of the NBA with what's he's already done. But he's taken a fairly good battering."

Richie Guerin, played in 100 pt game:
"I thought the game in the second half was set up to try to have Wilt score as many points as he could. And I told Wilt this personally. Kobe's, I think is a little more special because of his size and he played in a game that was significant and meaningful. Taking nothing away from Wilt. . . . If you play a game a normal way, I think it's just about impossible to score that many points.''

"He might get 100. If you can get 81 . . . absolutely. He has the mentality to do that and conditioning. He's one of the best conditioned athletes in the world.''

Miami Heat Guard, Dwyane Wade:
"Not at all." - If he thought 80 points was possible

"Give him overtime and he might have got there. Now, it's possible." - On the all-time record

"Maybe if I go home and play my video game I'll hit 80." - If he can make a run at Kobe

New Jersey Nets F, Richard Jefferson:
"He's the first person to ever get to 80 (since Chamberlain's 100). Is 100 doable? You'd probably have a better chance of winning the lottery but there's always a chance.''

"I talked to Mike ( James) after the game," McGrady said. "He said they didn't double team him — not one time. You would think after he hit 40, send two or three guys at him. When he hit 50? When he got 70? What are you doing: playing him one-on-one?"

More on No. 8
Bucks players were also talking about Kobe Bryant.

"I just couldn't believe the Toronto team let him get 81," said Bobby Simmons, usually a.ssigned to defend Bryant. "He would not get 81 on me, no way. And I wouldn't let my teammates get away with that. For one guy to score that many points, I think the coach should have made a change. You have to get the ball out of his hands."

Allen Iverson:
Quote:
"It was an amazing night for Kobe. Just unreal. Like watching a video game. He's the best player in the game.". Asked if he will try to top the performance #3 wasnt so humble "We play Toronto in March. I'm going to go for 100."

TMac:
Quote:
"I don't think I could score that many in a video game."

Wally Sczerbiak:
Quote:
"He's just one of those guys I have a lot of respect for. He's strong-willed and he believes in himself to the core."

Ric Bucher:
Quote:
I've never thought of him as selfish, so it's hard for me to know how what I considered a flawed view might change. I saw someone who was emotionally conflicted and immature at times. Someone who was supremely confident in himself but not always in his teammates. That's not selfish, by my definition or Webster's. A selfish player is someone who pursues his own glory at the expense of everything else, including winning. I've never known Kobe to do that. Ever.

Nuggets Forward, Carmelo Anthony:
"I don't think (Bryant) saw himself doing it. That's crazy."

------------------------

Don't know if this has been posted or anything. But I might as well post it, interesting to read about what other NBA players/coaches think about it.

Where are you getting these quotes from?
 12 years ago '04        #37
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,063 | Props total: 6109 6109
smh at pat riley being a HATER!
 12 years ago '04        #38
The-Ripper 
space
space
$1,793 | Props total: 1 1
Watch Vince Carter bi*ch a.ss sign up for the Slam Dunk Contest and get injured tryin to get some attention...
 12 years ago '04        #39
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
smh @ these 2 haters
"Anybody who's got the kind of energy to try to hoist up (nearly) 70 shots is going to score a lot of point. It's remarkable, the execution and the efficiency, but we've got a lot of guys in this league, if they took 70 shots, they'd score a lot of points."

Mavs Forward, Keith Van Horn:
"How many a.ssists?. He didn't have any against us."

Dude is still mad after Kobe outscored their whole team. fu*kin hater
 12 years ago '05        #40
dzson 
space
space
$723 | Props total: 0 0
Kobe has always been one of my favorites players but his getting hated on to much , Vince Carter is wack for hating his just jealous i think he went for 5 points the next game after he said that comment
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
56 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy