is it true your car sounds better w/out rear speakers?

most viewed right now
 206
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 158
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 126
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 96
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 01-23-2006, 03:45 PM         #1
17473 pageviews
25 comments


cableguy0469 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is it true your car sounds better w/out rear speakers?
 

 
ive heard a few times that by removing your rear speakers and just having decent front speakers your shirt will sound much better

25 comments for "is it true your car sounds better w/out rear speakers?"

 01-23-2006, 08:14 PM         #2
Durrby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's all a matter of opinion, but yes it will sound better if you just run a decent front stage and no rear fill. This is implying you have subs too.
 01-23-2006, 08:17 PM         #3
Carz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
depends what your looking for.....sound quality no loud a.ss thumping bass then go for the whole speaker set up, if its just the bass you want then go take out the backs and beef up and amplify your fronts with rear woofers. Alot of the time the sub (depending on how good it is) could drown the rear speakers neways so all you really need is strong fronts.
 01-23-2006, 09:56 PM         #4
druthafoo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea it'll make your shirt sound better

but truthfully yea, front fill is best alone
 01-25-2006, 02:43 PM         #5
cableguy0469  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so say i buy a nice pair of fronts speakers and hook up two 8's out back for my sub, will that sound better overall without rear speakers or with them?
 01-25-2006, 09:26 PM         #6
Durrby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^get a nice component set that comes with tweeters and x-overs, maybe some speakers in you kick-pods and you'll be set, and whatever thump in the trunk you want
 01-25-2006, 10:21 PM         #7
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Ur Lookin For Sq Then Yes. Ditch The Rear Fill. If Ur Lookin For Good Loud N Clear Sound Thats Full Bodied Go With Some Decent Coax' S In Back. The Sq Guys Might Not Agree With The Rear Coax' S But The Concept Is True.
 01-26-2006, 01:31 PM         #8
GhosT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SKINNI said:
If Ur Lookin For Sq Then Yes. Ditch The Rear Fill. If Ur Lookin For Good Loud N Clear Sound Thats Full Bodied Go With Some Decent Coax' S In Back. The Sq Guys Might Not Agree With The Rear Coax' S But The Concept Is True.
i love my coax's in the rear, makes my sh*t sound louder and more full.
but to answer the ? it depends on what your looking at. what i would do is focus on the front, get a nice set of components and amp them, and then see if you want more, if so, go get a matching set of coaxials for the rear and amp those as well. with 4 speakers you can definately tell the difference when watching movies as well.
one
GhosT
 12 years ago '04        #9
desi 
space
avatar space
space
$462 | Props total: 0 0
if ur fronts are powerful enuf then u wont even notice the rears, unless u mess with the fader on the deck

there more for the ppl who sit in the back, but if its all setup correctly yah ull notice the rears and get more off a full sound, but ppl say jus do the fronts to recreate a "concert sound" jus like how the stage is infront of u not all around

u could invest in some coaxs in the back jus fade to the front and if u have ppl in the back or want it loud then jus set fade back to default and have all 4 goin
 01-26-2006, 02:38 PM         #10
kjokergt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thanks homies i actually learned something different
 01-26-2006, 08:19 PM         #11
Dude419  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No you should have speakers as far back as possible and no sound for front the sound is clearer and the quality is so much better if u have good speakers
 01-27-2006, 01:25 AM         #12
kwhitake002  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like my sound to be all around especially in the back so it can wreck the eardrums of who ever sitting back there
 01-27-2006, 09:18 AM         #13
druthafoo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kwhitake002 said:
I like my sound to be all around especially in the back so it can wreck the eardrums of who ever sitting back there
Who the hell carries rear passengers anyways?
 01-27-2006, 10:44 AM         #14
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 druthafoo said:
Who the hell carries rear passengers anyways?

I ride two deep at all times, me and my Glock...
 12 years ago '04        #15
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,507 | Props total: 12 12
 Dude419 said:
No you should have speakers as far back as possible and no sound for front the sound is clearer and the quality is so much better if u have good speakers
That's the farthest from the truth, where do you get your information?

WOW....

Subs, mids, tweets all "as far back as possible" what a mess....

You need to hear a real "SQ" setup, kick panels, center channels, etc.....everything in the back is one big cancellation issue, no good.


Last edited by Drug Dylan; 01-27-2006 at 10:53 AM..
 01-27-2006, 12:20 PM         #16
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhosT said:
i love my coax's in the rear, makes my sh*t sound louder and more full.
but to answer the ? it depends on what your looking at. what i would do is focus on the front, get a nice set of components and amp them, and then see if you want more, if so, go get a matching set of coaxials for the rear and amp those as well. with 4 speakers you can definately tell the difference when watching movies as well.
one
GhosT
GOOD WORDS. I CANT LIVE WITHOUT REAR FILL. IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE IF U WATCH TELEVISION IN UR RIDE AND U GOTA HAVE EM IF UR DOIN DOLBY D.
 01-27-2006, 01:03 PM         #17
GhosT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dude419 said:
No you should have speakers as far back as possible and no sound for front the sound is clearer and the quality is so much better if u have good speakers
that comment right there proves you shouldn't give any advice. when the hell was the last time you went to a concert and the stage was behind you? when was the last time you could hear someone talking to you from behind you better than a person infront of you. since when do your ears face the opposite direction? you ears are made the way they are to catch and amplify sound from in front of you and send the sound into the ear canal. thats why if you put your hands behind you ear and curl your hands to catch more sound it's a lil louder, but it catches from in FRONT of you, never as much from behind you.
my point is proven, if you can somehow prove me wrong i'd love to hear it
one
GhosT
 01-27-2006, 05:33 PM         #18
jpoakwa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rear speakers are important because they give u the surround, u want them like 6x9s where they give a good mix of bass, and mid. They say it only sounds better when u are driving because u are in the front seat not the back, but try sitting in the back w/o them and ull notice a difference
 01-27-2006, 05:48 PM         #19
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhosT said:
that comment right there proves you shouldn't give any advice. when the hell was the last time you went to a concert and the stage was behind you? when was the last time you could hear someone talking to you from behind you better than a person infront of you. since when do your ears face the opposite direction? you ears are made the way they are to catch and amplify sound from in front of you and send the sound into the ear canal. thats why if you put your hands behind you ear and curl your hands to catch more sound it's a lil louder, but it catches from in FRONT of you, never as much from behind you.
my point is proven, if you can somehow prove me wrong i'd love to hear it
one
GhosT
PROPZ HOMIE. SCHOOL EM ON "REAL CAR AUDIO" & HUMAN ANATOMY:applause:
 01-27-2006, 05:50 PM         #20
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jpoakwa said:
rear speakers are important because they give u the surround, u want them like 6x9s where they give a good mix of bass, and mid. They say it only sounds better when u are driving because u are in the front seat not the back, but try sitting in the back w/o them and ull notice a difference
THATS WHY I NEVER DRIVE FROM THE BACK SEAT. I THINK THE SOUND IS HORRIBLE WHEN DRIVING FROM BACK THERE
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 49
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 48
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy