Will 50 eva go down with Hip Hop Legends like Nas,Jay,Rakim,Dmx,Jadakiss etc?

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Will 50 go down as an all time hip hop Great????
Yes 80 35.87%
No 143 64.13%
Voters: 223. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-16-2006, 10:07 AM         #21
logicalkid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 freefab420 said:
ight first, dmx is a legend, him jay-z an ja rule(yes ja rule) and irv gotti saved def jam and put the east back on top in the late 90s so thats settled, and 50 will go down as a legend just for how he took sh*t over and how long hes actually had sh*t on lock for, alot of people hate his commercial sh*t but regardless of that sh*t his early street sh*t was classic, sh*t like how to rob and the no mercy no fear mixtape, the dude has skills he just chose to do the smart thing and make money off of it instead bein another semi famous mostly underground cat...
You fans are fickle, 50 had sh*t on lock for 2.5 years, wow, that’s so long, you giving him legendary status off of that and the one mixtape you mentioned, is that all you need to be a legend now a days, well Nelly is a legend, Ludacris is definitely a legend and same goes for anyone that dropped 2 multiplatinum solos and a hot mixtape.
 12 years ago '04        #22
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
yes because of the actual things hes done when it comes to $$

no on the actual rapping side because hes fu*kin fake and whack and a hip-pop pusher

also if he does go down as a legend for actually rapping, i doubt it will be for the right reasons.... like getting sonned sometime this year
 01-16-2006, 10:24 AM         #23
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The only people who will call 50 Cent a legend are the Media and people who started listening to rap after 2000.
 12 years ago '04        #24
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,341 | Props total: 11061 11061
i hear you all sayin "sadly" yes he will...
Sadly? Come on this dude has put in so much fu*kin work and wether you are in denial about it or not has moved some serious units of his own as well as how many other artists? He makes great music that damn near everyyyyyyyone that buys albums has an ear for. Dude came with a strong fu*kin movement and hasnt even come close to stopping. Hate it or love it, hes on the throne right now for a reason....

but theres no doubt about he has to continue this reign for quite some time...jay, nas, pac all held it down for SO damn long, with SO many albums. All consistent.

Last edited by W24x55; 01-16-2006 at 10:34 AM..
 01-16-2006, 10:36 AM         #25
TiPZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
boxden cant get 50 out there minds

face it

you think about this guy all the time
 12 years ago '05        #26
g0tt1 211 heat pts211
space
space
$8,986 | Props total: 1260 1260
Jadakiss is not a legend Same flow on every song but imma admit that n*gga lyrically comes hard on appearances but both of his albums are hot garbage.
 12 years ago '05        #27
MastermindInc 
space
space
space
$285 | Props total: 7 7
 logicalkid said:
I’ll be totally honest the posters above are white boys because your not going among any group of young black men and telling them 50 is a legend because he moved units, maybe a group of white boys would say this but in the young black community

Skills, albums & lyrical ability >>>>>> Sales
Now if you want to have a logical debate about legends in hiphop don't just limit it to what n*ggas on the block think are legends. Now no I am NOT a "white boy" and even if I was I could still go into a group of young black men and still prove why 50 will be a legend in the game.
I understand your way of thinking but there is more to the history of hiphop than what the n*ggas on your block or the n*ggas that go to your school think. Why does it have to be about race just because I don't have the "tunnel vision" mindstate that you have. But I'm going to break it down for you.

Kiss will never be an "official" legend in hiphop because he hasn't necessarily done anything that has totally impacted the game. He is nice as hell and in my top 20 but what has he really done but come up with some major punchlines and ill songs. He doesn't put out enough material and he sells gold and sometimes platinum. Now sales aren't what makes you a factor but they are a part of the spectrum in certain cases. Some are able to bypass it. Kiss will be a "street legend" nothing more unless he does something that impacts hiphop.

Curtis has impacted the culture we know as hiphop majorly. YOU CANNOT DENY THAT. That is whats gonna make him a legend.

Oh and for saying DMX and Jada before Tupac in the title
 01-16-2006, 11:09 AM         #28
Apexemotion  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MastermindInc said:
Sadly yes he will due to the fact that he has built an empire that none of the ppl you mentioned above can match. Plus he has sold over 20 million records including G Unit. You can't deny what he has done even if you dont like his music. His business and brand building is unmatched.

No I am not a stan or a d*ckrider. Just stating the obvious truth.
real talk
 01-16-2006, 01:04 PM         #29
metroboy9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HELL NO!! n the word Legend is used 2much nowdayz... it don't even meaning everybody wanna be a legend or king some sh*t like that coz it sounds good.
 12 years ago '04        #30
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,462 | Props total: 6615 6615
Jadadkiss is a legend?
DMX a legend?...hmmmm naw I dont think he is either
 12 years ago '04        #31
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,097 | Props total: 4108 4108
I think lyrically Jadakiss is a legend. He spits some hard sh*t. DMX is probably there.

Depends on who makes the list of legends. If it's some white kid from the 'burbs who depends on the radio for hip-hop, then the list would look something like, "Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent." If someone like Sway(who despite working with MTV, keeps it real) makes the list, it would look something like "Pac, Nas, Big, Em, Jay-Z, Crooked I(he's a huge Crooked I fan as well).
 01-16-2006, 01:50 PM         #32
holmes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when did jada become a legend? he is a.ss
 12 years ago '05        #33
MastermindInc 
space
space
space
 nitetrain8601 said:
I think lyrically Jadakiss is a legend. He spits some hard sh*t. DMX is probably there.

Depends on who makes the list of legends. If it's some white kid from the 'burbs who depends on the radio for hip-hop, then the list would look something like, "Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent." If someone like Sway(who despite working with MTV, keeps it real) makes the list, it would look something like "Pac, Nas, Big, Em, Jay-Z, Crooked I(he's a huge Crooked I fan as well).
Once again the use of race is so stereotypical. Let me keep it real with you. There is this guy at my job, goofy white kid who plays halo all day. I put him up on some Gangstarr, Nas, Wu Tang, Pac and he is more of a hiphop head than me now. He comes at me with lines and I be like who's dat.

Its not about your race, its about what you are exposed to. Black ppl in the ghetto love Em, Dre, and 50 too. Just like theres rich white kids in the mansions bumpin Dead Prez, Immortal Technique, and MF Doom. I've seen both sides. So please stop stereotyping
 12 years ago '04        #34
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,097 | Props total: 4108 4108
 MastermindInc said:
Once again the use of race is so stereotypical. Let me keep it real with you. There is this guy at my job, goofy white kid who plays halo all day. I put him up on some Gangstarr, Nas, Wu Tang, Pac and he is more of a hiphop head than me now. He comes at me with lines and I be like who's dat.

Its not about your race, its about what you are exposed to. Black ppl in the ghetto love Em, Dre, and 50 too. Just like theres rich white kids in the mansions bumpin Dead Prez, Immortal Technique, and MF Doom. I've seen both sides. So please stop stereotyping
The stereotype is true though. Never said there weren't exceptions to the rule, but most kids from the 'burbs see it that way. I'm talking about the same kids who think Slug from Atmosphere is the greatest rapper alive.
 12 years ago '04        #35
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
Hell no

He's a flash in the pan, something 7 years from now we'll all be looking at like "damn how'd HE blow up"
 12 years ago '04        #36
freefab420 
space
space
space
$759 | Props total: 0 0
 logicalkid said:
You fans are fickle, 50 had sh*t on lock for 2.5 years, wow, that’s so long, you giving him legendary status off of that and the one mixtape you mentioned, is that all you need to be a legend now a days, well Nelly is a legend, Ludacris is definitely a legend and same goes for anyone that dropped 2 multiplatinum solos and a hot mixtape.
so your gonna tell me that 50s early street sh*t isnt classic? iight so we know where your head is, an your just hatin if you can really say that 50 and that g-unit sh*t didnt completely take the game over point blank period, but your probably gonna tell me hes wack cuz he went mainstream like that isnt the whole concept behind trying to blow up, and to downplay havin the game on lock for 2 and a half years when whats hot changes all the time is dumb in itself, so if 10 years from now look write down everything he has done in the game especially in the amount of time he did it youd be full of sh*t if you said it wasnt worthy of that status...
 01-16-2006, 10:25 PM         #37
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 freefab420 said:
so your gonna tell me that 50s early street sh*t isnt classic? iight so we know where your head is, an your just hatin if you can really say that 50 and that g-unit sh*t didnt completely take the game over point blank period, but your probably gonna tell me hes wack cuz he went mainstream like that isnt the whole concept behind trying to blow up, and to downplay havin the game on lock for 2 and a half years when whats hot changes all the time is dumb in itself, so if 10 years from now look write down everything he has done in the game especially in the amount of time he did it youd be full of sh*t if you said it wasnt worthy of that status...
Shouldnt you 12 year olds be in bed?

50 aint no legend. He can make money but rapping =:thumbsdow

You groupies crack me up
 12 years ago '05        #38
MastermindInc 
space
space
space
 tweedle- said:
Shouldnt you 12 year olds be in bed?

50 aint no legend. He can make money but rapping =:thumbsdow

You groupies crack me up
Nah bro you need to lay off the tweed lol. Dude has a point. That doesn't make him a groupie. Hate him or not, 50 has done an amazing amount in 2 in a half years and even if he falls off 2003-2005 were the years of G Unit and you cannot deny him that. In ten years 50 will be a legend. You can't deny that.

4 singles on billboard top 10 (hasn't been done since the Beatles)
Best selling debut album ever
1.4 million sold on a short week
His group 2 times platinum
Two group members platinum plus

Tell me who has done this.

Jay-no
Nas-no
Rakim-no
Biggie-no
Pac-no

Not saying the above mentioned are any less but they did they own thing and thats why they are legends. What 50 did transcends just lyrics. The muthafu*ka built an empire.
So if you think I'm a groupie, then think that. It's fine by me.
I just know success when I see it.
 12 years ago '04        #39
freefab420 
space
space
space
$759 | Props total: 0 0
 MastermindInc said:
Nah bro you need to lay off the tweed lol. Dude has a point. That doesn't make him a groupie. Hate him or not, 50 has done an amazing amount in 2 in a half years and even if he falls off 2003-2005 were the years of G Unit and you cannot deny him that. In ten years 50 will be a legend. You can't deny that.

4 singles on billboard top 10 (hasn't been done since the Beatles)
Best selling debut album ever
1.4 million sold on a short week
His group 2 times platinum
Two group members platinum plus

Tell me who has done this.

Jay-no
Nas-no
Rakim-no
Biggie-no
Pac-no

Not saying the above mentioned are any less but they did they own thing and thats why they are legends. What 50 did transcends just lyrics. The muthafu*ka built an empire.
So if you think I'm a groupie, then think that. It's fine by me.
I just know success when I see it.
finally somebody usin their brain instead of followin every1 else...
 12 years ago '06        #40
Dr. Oc 
space
space
$723 | Props total: 0 0
i hope not, his music is trash to me. he ain't done nothin for the game except fu*k it up and show people that bullsh*t a.ss lyrics and candy a.ss beats sell records. that is not what hip hop is about.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
42 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
169 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now