squad up!

Will 50 eva go down with Hip Hop Legends like Nas,Jay,Rakim,Dmx,Jadakiss etc?

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Will 50 go down as an all time hip hop Great????
Yes 80 35.87%
No 143 64.13%
Voters: 223. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 13 years ago '05        #26
g0tt1 211 heat pts211
space
space
$8,998 | Props total: 1286 1286
Jadakiss is not a legend Same flow on every song but imma admit that n*gga lyrically comes hard on appearances but both of his albums are hot garbage.

13 years ago '05        #27
MastermindInc 
space
space
space
$285 | Props total: 7 7
 logicalkid said
Ill be totally honest the posters above are white boys because your not going among any group of young black men and telling them 50 is a legend because he moved units, maybe a group of white boys would say this but in the young black community

Skills, albums & lyrical ability >>>>>> Sales
Now if you want to have a logical debate about legends in hiphop don't just limit it to what n*ggas on the block think are legends. Now no I am NOT a "white boy" and even if I was I could still go into a group of young black men and still prove why 50 will be a legend in the game.
I understand your way of thinking but there is more to the history of hiphop than what the n*ggas on your block or the n*ggas that go to your school think. Why does it have to be about race just because I don't have the "tunnel vision" mindstate that you have. But I'm going to break it down for you.

Kiss will never be an "official" legend in hiphop because he hasn't necessarily done anything that has totally impacted the game. He is nice as hell and in my top 20 but what has he really done but come up with some major punchlines and ill songs. He doesn't put out enough material and he sells gold and sometimes platinum. Now sales aren't what makes you a factor but they are a part of the spectrum in certain cases. Some are able to bypass it. Kiss will be a "street legend" nothing more unless he does something that impacts hiphop.

Curtis has impacted the culture we know as hiphop majorly. YOU CANNOT DENY THAT. That is whats gonna make him a legend.

Oh and for saying DMX and Jada before Tupac in the title

01-16-2006, 10:09 AM         #28
Apexemotion  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MastermindInc said
Sadly yes he will due to the fact that he has built an empire that none of the ppl you mentioned above can match. Plus he has sold over 20 million records including G Unit. You can't deny what he has done even if you dont like his music. His business and brand building is unmatched.

No I am not a stan or a d*ckrider. Just stating the obvious truth.
real talk

01-16-2006, 12:04 PM         #29
metroboy9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HELL NO!! n the word Legend is used 2much nowdayz... it don't even meaning everybody wanna be a legend or king some sh*t like that coz it sounds good.

13 years ago '04        #30
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$17,433 | Props total: 8258 8258
Jadadkiss is a legend?
DMX a legend?...hmmmm naw I dont think he is either

13 years ago '04        #31
nitetrain8601 26 heat pts26
space
space
$16,094 | Props total: 6467 6467
I think lyrically Jadakiss is a legend. He spits some hard sh*t. DMX is probably there.

Depends on who makes the list of legends. If it's some white kid from the 'burbs who depends on the radio for hip-hop, then the list would look something like, "Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent." If someone like Sway(who despite working with MTV, keeps it real) makes the list, it would look something like "Pac, Nas, Big, Em, Jay-Z, Crooked I(he's a huge Crooked I fan as well).

01-16-2006, 12:50 PM         #32
holmes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when did jada become a legend? he is a.ss

13 years ago '05        #33
MastermindInc 
space
space
space
 nitetrain8601 said
I think lyrically Jadakiss is a legend. He spits some hard sh*t. DMX is probably there.

Depends on who makes the list of legends. If it's some white kid from the 'burbs who depends on the radio for hip-hop, then the list would look something like, "Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent." If someone like Sway(who despite working with MTV, keeps it real) makes the list, it would look something like "Pac, Nas, Big, Em, Jay-Z, Crooked I(he's a huge Crooked I fan as well).
Once again the use of race is so stereotypical. Let me keep it real with you. There is this guy at my job, goofy white kid who plays halo all day. I put him up on some Gangstarr, Nas, Wu Tang, Pac and he is more of a hiphop head than me now. He comes at me with lines and I be like who's dat.

Its not about your race, its about what you are exposed to. Black ppl in the ghetto love Em, Dre, and 50 too. Just like theres rich white kids in the mansions bumpin Dead Prez, Immortal Technique, and MF Doom. I've seen both sides. So please stop stereotyping

13 years ago '04        #34
nitetrain8601 26 heat pts26
space
space
$16,094 | Props total: 6467 6467
 MastermindInc said
Once again the use of race is so stereotypical. Let me keep it real with you. There is this guy at my job, goofy white kid who plays halo all day. I put him up on some Gangstarr, Nas, Wu Tang, Pac and he is more of a hiphop head than me now. He comes at me with lines and I be like who's dat.

Its not about your race, its about what you are exposed to. Black ppl in the ghetto love Em, Dre, and 50 too. Just like theres rich white kids in the mansions bumpin Dead Prez, Immortal Technique, and MF Doom. I've seen both sides. So please stop stereotyping
The stereotype is true though. Never said there weren't exceptions to the rule, but most kids from the 'burbs see it that way. I'm talking about the same kids who think Slug from Atmosphere is the greatest rapper alive.

13 years ago '04        #35
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
Hell no

He's a flash in the pan, something 7 years from now we'll all be looking at like "damn how'd HE blow up"

13 years ago '04        #36
freefab420 
space
space
space
$764 | Props total: 5 5
 logicalkid said
You fans are fickle, 50 had sh*t on lock for 2.5 years, wow, thats so long, you giving him legendary status off of that and the one mixtape you mentioned, is that all you need to be a legend now a days, well Nelly is a legend, Ludacris is definitely a legend and same goes for anyone that dropped 2 multiplatinum solos and a hot mixtape.
so your gonna tell me that 50s early street sh*t isnt classic? iight so we know where your head is, an your just hatin if you can really say that 50 and that g-unit sh*t didnt completely take the game over point blank period, but your probably gonna tell me hes wack cuz he went mainstream like that isnt the whole concept behind trying to blow up, and to downplay havin the game on lock for 2 and a half years when whats hot changes all the time is dumb in itself, so if 10 years from now look write down everything he has done in the game especially in the amount of time he did it youd be full of sh*t if you said it wasnt worthy of that status...

01-16-2006, 09:25 PM         #37
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 freefab420 said
so your gonna tell me that 50s early street sh*t isnt classic? iight so we know where your head is, an your just hatin if you can really say that 50 and that g-unit sh*t didnt completely take the game over point blank period, but your probably gonna tell me hes wack cuz he went mainstream like that isnt the whole concept behind trying to blow up, and to downplay havin the game on lock for 2 and a half years when whats hot changes all the time is dumb in itself, so if 10 years from now look write down everything he has done in the game especially in the amount of time he did it youd be full of sh*t if you said it wasnt worthy of that status...
Shouldnt you 12 year olds be in bed?

50 aint no legend. He can make money but rapping =:thumbsdow

You groupies crack me up

13 years ago '05        #38
MastermindInc 
space
space
space
 tweedle- said
Shouldnt you 12 year olds be in bed?

50 aint no legend. He can make money but rapping =:thumbsdow

You groupies crack me up
Nah bro you need to lay off the tweed lol. Dude has a point. That doesn't make him a groupie. Hate him or not, 50 has done an amazing amount in 2 in a half years and even if he falls off 2003-2005 were the years of G Unit and you cannot deny him that. In ten years 50 will be a legend. You can't deny that.

4 singles on billboard top 10 (hasn't been done since the Beatles)
Best selling debut album ever
1.4 million sold on a short week
His group 2 times platinum
Two group members platinum plus

Tell me who has done this.

Jay-no
Nas-no
Rakim-no
Biggie-no
Pac-no

Not saying the above mentioned are any less but they did they own thing and thats why they are legends. What 50 did transcends just lyrics. The muthafu*ka built an empire.
So if you think I'm a groupie, then think that. It's fine by me.
I just know success when I see it.

13 years ago '04        #39
freefab420 
space
space
space
$764 | Props total: 5 5
 MastermindInc said
Nah bro you need to lay off the tweed lol. Dude has a point. That doesn't make him a groupie. Hate him or not, 50 has done an amazing amount in 2 in a half years and even if he falls off 2003-2005 were the years of G Unit and you cannot deny him that. In ten years 50 will be a legend. You can't deny that.

Jay-no
Nas-no
Rakim-no
Biggie-no
Pac-no

Not saying the above mentioned are any less but they did they own thing and thats why they are legends. What 50 did transcends just lyrics. The muthafu*ka built an empire.
finally somebody usin their brain instead of followin every1 else...

13 years ago '06        #40
Dr. Oc 
space
space
$723 | Props total: 0 0
i hope not, his music is trash to me. he ain't done nothin for the game except fu*k it up and show people that bullsh*t a.ss lyrics and candy a.ss beats sell records. that is not what hip hop is about.

13 years ago '06        #41
Dr. Oc 
space
space
$723 | Props total: 0 0
 nitetrain8601 said
The stereotype is true though. Never said there weren't exceptions to the rule, but most kids from the 'burbs see it that way. I'm talking about the same kids who think Slug from Atmosphere is the greatest rapper alive.
fu*k you man, slug is ill. fu*k outta here wit ya D12 avi.

01-17-2006, 03:19 AM         #42
logicalkid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MastermindInc said

Jay-no
Nas-no
Rakim-no
Biggie-no
Pac-no

well damn sales make you a legend and vanilla ice and MC Hammer get no credit, disgusting

01-17-2006, 04:25 AM         #43
S-A-K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 logicalkid said
well damn sales make you a legend and vanilla ice and MC Hammer get no credit, disgusting
thats not what he means, he means 50 has had a impact on the game, whether you think he is trash or not you havin a opinion on him means he has impacted. you prolly think nelly is tripe but you dont see 10 threads everyday tellin us it, the simple fact he gets so much hate proves he has a massive impact on hip hop and your lives

ITS SAD REALLY IMO

01-17-2006, 04:49 AM         #44
peek.one  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he will be remembered the way mc hammer is remembered

01-17-2006, 04:51 AM         #45
logicalkid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 S-A-K said
thats not what he means, he means 50 has had a impact on the game, whether you think he is trash or not you havin a opinion on him means he has impacted. you prolly think nelly is tripe but you dont see 10 threads everyday tellin us it, the simple fact he gets so much hate proves he has a massive impact on hip hop and your lives

ITS SAD REALLY IMO
What impact has he had outside of sales

Classic album no
Lyrical no
Classic battles no
Influenced his peers no

Wtf has he done, everything that surrounds this dude surrounds sales, yall are morons, I am finished.

Vanilla ice and mc hammer are underated, they outsold 50s first & second album

13 years ago '05        #46
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,291 | Props total: 1403 1403
Did 50 put kebab in my Pitta? No.
Did Gary put kebab in my Pitta? Yes.

01-17-2006, 05:09 AM         #47
logicalkid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Gooneyz said
so i guess you one of them 90 pound indian boys who talk tough on the net

13 years ago '05        #48
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,291 | Props total: 1403 1403
 logicalkid said
so i guess you one of them 90 pound indian boys who talk tough on the net
"Eh? Nah Gary, just chilli sauce. And get us a Rubicon passion...Naaah man Chilli innit! fu*k Sakes..."

01-17-2006, 11:35 AM         #49
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gary the Turk

01-17-2006, 11:37 AM         #50
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MastermindInc said

Jay-no
Nas-no
Rakim-no
Biggie-no
Pac-no

Sure hes done alot as a business man but as a rapper? Thats like spitting in the face of Pac, Rakim, Biggie, Run Dmc and every other legend.

Home      

most viewed right now
FBG Wooski shot in head at friends funeral
180 comments
8 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Anyone else think Bron could be losing these games on purpose?
25 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Sarah Silverman Says Louis C.K. M**turbated in Front of Her: F yeah..
97 comments
6 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 22 - (He just came out) Im a nationalist!: Trump makes stunning..
30 comments
6 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
McDonalds hack for basically free food
100 comments
8 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New MJ Smileys on deck once again
27 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside j prince on birdmans ass for money owed to his son
85 comments
8 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Damian Lillard arrives at tonights game dressed as Stone Cold Steve Austin
62 comments
6 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Drake beautiful baby mom vibin to that drake
110 comments
9 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Those T1tties Are DEFINITELY REAL...
28 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl Got The Lower Body Of A Preteen Quarter Horse
30 comments
8 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA What A TIme To Be Kawhi
25 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 22 - NYPD sergeant being investigated for shoving underwear down c..
113 comments
8 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick ol Filipina girl
31 comments
8 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Monkeys Kill Man in India by Pelting Him with Bricks
3 comments
6 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA San Antonio Spurs vs Los Angeles Lakers
1037 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Phuck!
17 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Man Gets Full Back Michael Jordan Jersey Tattoo 🤦🏽*♂..
12 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Now this is pumpkin carving!
5 comments
6 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Lil Uzi out here lookin like a proud side chick
27 comments
8 hours ago
@hiphop
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
i?
Rule 336
justin747
2Cold
cluckaluck
Kyu
nwo504
BLACK FIST
realgunta
theFREAK
Top 10 most slapped recently
Bkjj11
HiShinUnit
suavehooper
Macho Machado
YungVino
Flippa Huxtable
Stuart Scott
tygamann1
TomDick&Harry
DonC

most viewed right now
online now  23
Image(s) inside LiAngelo Ball has s3x tape with a tr@nny. #BBB #BallControl
186 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  12
Oct 20 - This is Like a Ad for the Border Wall
159 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside after 20 years tchina arnold talks about the drama on martin
126 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside Got damn Arsenal straight destroyed this d1ke in a battle!!
51 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
If you like Marvel/DC and classic beat em ups get the fu-k in here(on mobile t..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Lawd have mercy jazmynekyng uproarchallenge
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  5
Whats The Worst Lie A Woman Has Ever Told You?
228 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  2
Image(s) inside Yaris like the car
12 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy