Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
66 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
132 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #41
Bundles 26 heat pts26
space
space
$1,534 | Props total: 222 222
178 SONGZ*TREY I GOTTA MAKE IT 9,742 -46 18,166 262,036

I thought Songz was heavier on the charts than this!!
 01-05-2006, 12:22 PM         #42
Pappy Mason  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 imaculate said:
Not really if you sold a mil u sold a mil. How do they say someone who has sold only 500k(paul wall) is Plat. Doesn't make since. But they don't even have Wayne gold yet or Marry and Jamie Plat. Why don't they show how many numbers the artist sold?
u can be ignorant and believe what you want but if you have shipped over 1 mil then u get a platinum plaque.... it didn't use to be like that :wow:

Juelz and Chamillion have shipped gold already... don't know bout Juelz but Cham got his gold certification already
 01-05-2006, 12:38 PM         #43
Salami Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Aran said:
whatever stan, of course d12 albums will sell, because eminem has d*ckriders like you buying his music

50 cent success was because of his marketing and radio friendly songs, eminem had nothing to do with it

but proof, bizarre, trick trick, royce 5'9, stat quo none of these selling
Proof and Bizzare released Indie albums with little to know promotion. What do you expect? Stat hasn't released a album yet, and royce did strong numbers for the indie world.
 12 years ago '05        #44
samdoh 
space
space
$888 | Props total: 0 0
 Aran said:
whether you like it or not, juelz is going gold, slowly yes but will reach it in a 5-6 weeks

TRICK TRICK PEOPLE VS. 15,771 999 138 15,909 HAHAHA FLOP, HE TALKED A LOT OF sh*t and never amounted

bizarre, proof, trick trick everything eminem touches flops
are you forgeting 50?
 01-05-2006, 01:07 PM         #45
~YounG Dynasty~  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
them dope boyz go crazy!
 01-05-2006, 02:29 PM         #46
The Miz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pappy Mason said:
My n*gga Cham doin' good for just 1 single

yeah he is
 01-05-2006, 10:00 PM         #47
shonuff12  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Aran said:
whatever stan, of course d12 albums will sell, because eminem has d*ckriders like you buying his music

50 cent success was because of his marketing and radio friendly songs, eminem had nothing to do with it

but proof, bizarre, trick trick, royce 5'9, stat quo none of these selling
lol @ you calling me a stan, go find me a thread where i support D12, I think d12 is fu*kin whack as hell so you need to save me that bullsh*t

and you are so fu*king stupid....first you say "everything eminem touches flops"

and now d12 sells b/c of the eminem d*ckriders...you stupid motherfu*ker make up your mind you can't have it both ways
 01-05-2006, 10:01 PM         #48
shonuff12  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pappy Mason said:
what's more official than RIAA... if they certify you gold or platinum then it's official
i never said one was more official than the other, I was just explaining the difference son
 01-05-2006, 10:30 PM         #49
BlazeA50  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 radiculust said:
bun b should have gon platinum..that cd is tight as a bi*ch..only n*ggaz who hooked on da commerical bullshyt wouldnt feel him..but in da ghetto..its lil boosie..webbie..bun b..three 6 mafia..and young jeezy! They cerified platinum in the hoods!
Just shows how ignorant people are...
 01-05-2006, 10:37 PM         #50
brian8947  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Looks like Cham and Juelz will go gold, nice to see that.

Also nice to see Bun sellin 400k on rap a lot.
 01-05-2006, 10:42 PM         #51
WTFabc123  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SO im up on things... good looks

Prop me! i still don't have jukebox
 01-05-2006, 11:28 PM         #52
BaddNewZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also Take into note for the arguing dipsetters......that Juelz is probably selling at stores that dont Soundscan also...... ughh.com ..... hiphopsite.com ..... sandboxautomatic..... etc....etc....
 12 years ago '05        #53
BigL4Life 
space
space
$3,962 | Props total: 6 6
is Bun B gettin good paper on Rap a Lot per album? is he gettin indy paper??
 01-06-2006, 08:02 PM         #54
nehustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shonuff12 said:
yea but this is ACTUAL albums sold...the RIAA uses the number shipped to retail
The Process

The certification process begins with an independent sales audit of each title by Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a highly respected accounting firm that has been auditing title sales for the RIAA® for more than 20 years.

The audit calculates what product has been shipped for sale, net after returns, versus product used for promotional purposes, for the life of the release. When certifying audio and music video releases, the independent auditor is careful to survey the entire music marketplace. An artist's Gold® or Platinum® award represents sales through retail, record clubs, rackjobbers, and all other ancillary markets that legitimately distribute music. Once a title’s sales has been audited and verified as having reached requisite levels, a formal certification report is issued and sent to the title's record company.

We are often asked why we don’t just use sales figures from SoundScan. SoundScan measures over-the-counter sales at music retail locations, while the RIAA®'s certification levels are based on unit shipments (minus returns) from manufacturers to a wide range of accounts, including non-retail record clubs, mail order houses, specialty stores, units shipped for Internet fulfillment or direct marketing sales, such as TV-advertised albums. The other difference is that SoundScan's archive is only a few years old, while the RIAA® has tracked artists' sales levels for more than 40 years.

12 years ago '05        #55
liljay251 106 heat pts106
space
space
space
$2,145 | Props total: 3693 3693
[QUOTE=gunitsux]bun b is wack[/Q

bun b is wack what ya'll trippin off :finger:

ugk is the best group ever
 12 years ago '04        #56
jiggamanll 
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 0 0
how much is it to go gold? i thought it was 500,000 maybe im wrong
 12 years ago '04        #57
Scoop24 15 heat pts15
space
space
$6,794 | Props total: 1368 1368
 shonuff12 said:
yea but this is ACTUAL albums sold...the RIAA uses the number shipped to retail
@ dumb people still thinkin that soundscan is super accurate.....

soundscan only counts the sales from PARTICIPATING stores in america

all the sales from mom and pop shops and lil record stores aren't counted

that's why the only official counting of music sales is shipped albums (RIAA)

Last edited by Scoop24; 01-06-2006 at 11:14 PM..
 01-06-2006, 11:17 PM         #58
TiPZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Firestarr said:

damn lately u been makiin sense :applause:
 01-06-2006, 11:21 PM         #59
shonuff12  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nehustler said:
The Process

The certification process begins with an independent sales audit of each title by Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a highly respected accounting firm that has been auditing title sales for the RIAA® for more than 20 years.

The audit calculates what product has been shipped for sale, net after returns, versus product used for promotional purposes, for the life of the release. When certifying audio and music video releases, the independent auditor is careful to survey the entire music marketplace. An artist's Gold® or Platinum® award represents sales through retail, record clubs, rackjobbers, and all other ancillary markets that legitimately distribute music. Once a title’s sales has been audited and verified as having reached requisite levels, a formal certification report is issued and sent to the title's record company.

We are often asked why we don’t just use sales figures from SoundScan. SoundScan measures over-the-counter sales at music retail locations, while the RIAA®'s certification levels are based on unit shipments (minus returns) from manufacturers to a wide range of accounts, including non-retail record clubs, mail order houses, specialty stores, units shipped for Internet fulfillment or direct marketing sales, such as TV-advertised albums. The other difference is that SoundScan's archive is only a few years old, while the RIAA® has tracked artists' sales levels for more than 40 years.

this is exactly what i said...units shipped to retail aka units shipped for sale, the first line of the thing

and never mind that i never said one was better than the other, I was just explaining the difference like i said before

Last edited by shonuff12; 01-06-2006 at 11:27 PM..
 01-06-2006, 11:24 PM         #60
shonuff12  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Firestarr said:

#1- I NEVER said soundscan was more accurate, if you actually read my second post (which you never do because you are always ignorant) you would notice that i didn't say one was more official than they other

#2-No sh*t, they only collect from participating stores, they can't track a store if they don't participate

#3-If you want to be REAL about it, BOTH are inaccuarte, soundscan because it leaves out stores, and RIAA b/c it doesn't really track sales at all just the units shipped

Last edited by shonuff12; 01-06-2006 at 11:27 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
47 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago