squad up!

CODY's MEGA iPod HELP THREAD! *Any Questions, Ask Them Here*

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 13 years ago '04        #26
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
$351 | Props total: 76 76
 DuzzE said
can you get scratches off them lol random question cus i might take my black on back for a white one and it doesnt last but 3 hours and ive had it since christmas...
Ha ha, sorry man, its going to get scratched sooner or later. Its just a part of owning any thing that you carry around with you. If youre THAT insistant on taking care of the scratches, read this

It does work, but be VERY careful.

13 years ago '04        #27
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 pc75 said
does anyone know anything about anapod? ive heard its a good program, just lookin for input, thanks

I've never used it. I've always been a freeware person myself. Anapod is great if you want to spend the $25 on it. It helps you work with your ipod far better than itune. here is a site for a better explanation .

just scroll down a bit.

13 years ago '04        #28
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 MidNiteBlues said
i wanna ask about usb compatibility. i wanna get a video ipod but my computer doesnt support 2.0 usb, will the ipod be compatibile with just the normal usb hub?

Good question. From my own personal experience, Ive realized that you can get away with using a usb 1.0 port with your ipod. File transfers will work fine, but it's definitely slower. The only real problem is that if your Ipod runs out of power, your usb 1.0 doesnt have enough power to bring it back. Therefore, you NEED a wall charger if all you have is a usb 1.0 . There's no way you can charge it correctly if you dont have a 2.0 port, or a wall charger.

13 years ago '05        #29
Woah 
space
space
space
$250 | Props total: 0 0
if u want to protect the ipod just get a case... one of those skin tight cases that cover everything including the screen and scroll wheel... i also saw another thing that claimed to remove scratches on ipods, it cost like 30 dollars but idk if it worked... i wuld just get a case for it because the case will protect from scratches... if u jus hold it no cover or anything it gets scratches and all so easily.

13 years ago '05        #30
MidNiteBlues 33 heat pts33
space
space
$8,656 | Props total: 6151 6151
 CodyThaGod said
Good question. From my own personal experience, Ive realized that you can get away with using a usb 1.0 port with your ipod. File transfers will work fine, but it's definitely slower. The only real problem is that if your Ipod runs out of power, your usb 1.0 doesnt have enough power to bring it back. Therefore, you NEED a wall charger if all you have is a usb 1.0 . There's no way you can charge it correctly if you dont have a 2.0 port, or a wall charger.
thanks for the info. but one more question exactly how slower is the speed from 2.0 usb? can u give me an example of how long it would take to transfer a file like 100 mb through normal usb connection?

13 years ago '04        #31
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 MidNiteBlues said
thanks for the info. but one more question exactly how slower is the speed from 2.0 usb? can u give me an example of how long it would take to transfer a file like 100 mb through normal usb connection?
There's no problem with file transfers on a usb 1.0 port. None at all. I used one for all of my previous ipods lives. 100 mb takes about a minute and a half. No time at all really. The 2.0 port is still the best though, 100 mb takes about 15 seconds there. I only broke down and used the 2.0 when i transfered the songs from my 4th gen to my 5th gen video. 20 gigs took about 40 minutes to take from my ipod, and 40 minutes to place on the new 5th gen. I can only imagine how long that would take with a 1.0 port. Aslong as you're not tranferinng 5 gigs at a time, every day, you will be fine with that 1.0 port. Just be sure to buy a wall charger.

13 years ago '05        #32
Woah 
space
space
space
i need a dvd ripper specifically to convert to ipod videos nothing else... can u hook me up with a dvd to ipod video ripper... i tried xillsoft and it doesnt convert to ipod cuz its not the right one and thats the only one ive tried... good looks if u hook it up ight. 1

13 years ago '04        #33
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,523 | Props total: 139 139
You said you had the alpine adapter...I was thiking about getting the black 60 gig video ipod...and i was wondering if it works with the alpine adapter?

13 years ago '04        #34
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 GetOnMahLevel said
You said you had the alpine adapter...I was thiking about getting the black 60 gig video ipod...and i was wondering if it works with the alpine adapter?

Yep. I had to make sure of that. I have the CVA-1004 screen and the Kca-420i Ipod adapter. It works great. You can even watch your videos through the standard A/V jacks. Since I have a screen, It displays about 5 artists / playlists/ albums/ or songs at a time. The problem with the regular decks, is that it only displays one at a time, and supposedly it takes a long time to scroll. I can give you tons of advice on this if you decide to go with it, because I've done quite a bit of research.

Woah said
i need a dvd ripper specifically to convert to ipod videos nothing else... can u hook me up with a dvd to ipod video ripper... i tried xillsoft and it doesnt convert to ipod cuz its not the right one and thats the only one ive tried... good looks if u hook it up ight. 1

Check your pm's

01-07-2006, 08:15 PM         #35
DGtheGreat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CodyThaGod said
If the audio is still off, and you are using Videora, go to settings. choose profiles, and type this in the custom ffmpeg flags space - "-async 1" (no quotes). That should solve it for you.
I would like to thank you for this sole tip. this sh*t has been bugging me for the longest and this actually fixed the sound being off track with the video.

Props man.

01-08-2006, 12:07 AM         #36
Cedarblock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey man i have a 5G 60GB Black Video Ipod and Although i have already used this everything in this forum in the past, it would have been helpful to have this in teh first place, would have saved me countless hours of searching for stuff online....so i will reward your time with PROPS...have a good one man...PROPPS

13 years ago '05        #37
SeanP3688 1 heat pts
space
space
$857 | Props total: 179 179
why wont the artwork show on the albums when i drag the artwork on it on iTunes...?????????

13 years ago '05        #38
Woah 
space
space
space
yo... im pretty sure i jus saw the space go from 21.95 GB to 21.9 GB when i just added artwork to the mp3s... this is really suppose to happen??? cause i didnt know that artwork would take up 50 megs.. help me out lol.. your always the one i come to for ipod help good looks.

No need to reply back to this question anymore

Last edited by Woah; 01-08-2006 at 02:06 PM..

13 years ago '05        #39
Woah 
space
space
space
damn everytime i add the album art to the tracks it takes like 40 mb away... thats mad fu*kin space when you add it up... is there any way i can make it so that it doesnt take that much space away when i add album art??

haha i removed album art for one album and saved 40 mb

you dont need to answer this question anymore ight... good looks tho.1

Last edited by Woah; 01-08-2006 at 02:06 PM..

13 years ago '04        #40
The-Ripper 
space
space
$1,793 | Props total: 3 3
 SeanP3688 said
why wont the artwork show on the albums when i drag the artwork on it on iTunes...?????????
YO i got the same question man...
I get an error sayin some bullsh*t like

itunes:itunes.exe-corrupt file

The file or directory\iPod_control\artwork\Fl028_1\Ithmb
is corrupt and unreadable
please run the CHKDSK utility

Someone help me out please...

01-08-2006, 05:03 PM         #41
MagikDragon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Screen Lock On iPod I forgot Pass What do i Do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 5g 60bg Video iPod

and i was just wondering what the screen lock was and i went into it and now i dont know the pass, what do i do to unlock it?

1 of my friends set the pass and now i know it cuz he said he just put random numbers,

on the ipod it sais "pluginto computer and it will reset the pass" but i plugged it into the computer and nothing happendsl,

it just connects to the computer normally, and when i disconnect it i still get the little combonation screen..........

can n e of u guys help me?
if u could it would be great

i held "menu" and "select" to reset it and still....nothing happend it just reset and went into the "combonation screen"

13 years ago '04        #42
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 The-Ripper said
YO i got the same question man...
I get an error sayin some bullsh*t like

itunes:itunes.exe-corrupt file

The file or directory\iPod_control\artwork\Fl028_1\Ithmb
is corrupt and unreadable
please run the CHKDSK utility

Someone help me out please...

Check your pm's

13 years ago '04        #43
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 MagikDragon said
I have a 5g 60bg Video iPod

and i was just wondering what the screen lock was and i went into it and now i dont know the pass, what do i do to unlock it?

I saw your thread on Ilounge. The advice they gave you is correct. Just follow that and you should be okay.

Last edited by CodyThaGod; 01-09-2006 at 01:40 PM..

13 years ago '04        #44
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 SeanP3688 said
Theres a few reasons. Are you dragging it to every song? To put the album artwork on, I open the box on the bottom left side, select all songs from the cd, and drag the album cover to the box. That should put the album covers on every song. If its still not working, Then I can help you a bit more.

Ha, thats madd funny that you're from orangeburg, my business partner is originally from out there.

13 years ago '05        #45
Woah 
space
space
space
for album art jus select the song(s) you want the one album art to be on and then right click and it will say like art or something... double click that and find the picture you want and click ok

13 years ago '05        #46
Kallywood 
space
space
space
$710 | Props total: 46 46
my batterys shot really i cant use if playing SONGS for over 2 hours after charging for 3 days. its a mini...anything i can do? been happenin for a while.

13 years ago '04        #47
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 Kallywood said
my batterys shot really i cant use if playing SONGS for over 2 hours after charging for 3 days. its a mini...anything i can do? been happenin for a while.
It sounds like your battery is dead. Sorry man. If you want to be 100% sure, just check out the link i posted about battery power a few pages back.

01-10-2006, 06:32 PM         #48
Twista740 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can i do my warrenty over the phone? and if yes, wats the #?

01-10-2006, 06:40 PM         #49
durdysoufpleya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Twista740 said
(30g video ipod)

does it come wit a charger?

wats the most easiest program to put songs in the ipod?

how do u delete songs off the ipod?
jsut do it all through itunes... its as easy as anything on itunes is

13 years ago '04        #50
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 Twista740 said
can i do my warrenty over the phone? and if yes, wats the #?

Warranty? Did you purchase one from the Apple store? If so, you can go online and enter it in along with your serial number. Actually, you can do it many ways. You can evern buy one over the internet. Im pretty sure the phone is a good option too. I dont know the number, but it shouldnt be hard to find. There are 1800 numbers all over the manual.

Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers [Opening Night Thread]
268 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
J Prince Warns Pusha To Move on From Drake Beef or He'll Squash His Career Lik..
110 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Eryka Badu really goin crazy in front of our eyes and yall ignoring it,..
45 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas destroys Steven A Smith in Bron/MJ debate.
23 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA DAAAAMMNN!!! Carmelo looking crazy af sitting on the bench. I feel bad...
12 comments
34 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BREAKING: AR-AB & OBH Associates allegedly Indicted by the FEDS!
57 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jheezzeee Diddy just upgraded from Cassie - NEW ASIAN ting ALERT!!
38 comments
2 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Ovo 40 finally speaks. Letís Pusha TMZ know OVO ready for all the smoke
47 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dayuum say it aint so -BRITTANY REINER exposes UZI - 'He didnt wanna s..
148 comments
8 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NFL Larry Fitzgerald didn't have to do Kurt warner like that smh
15 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside One of the best films of that last ten years nobody cares about
44 comments
5 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 Video inside Cardi B Say She Got Good Warm Coochie and Mouf Plus a Deep Throat
9 comments
33 minutes ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 audio inside Young Buck Still Copping Pleas With The T@anny
19 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA WNBA superstar season is over due to Pregnancy
50 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside In Her Eyes Her Butt Is A 10, But in Reality itís A.............fu-k I..
55 comments
8 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 18 - Divers swim through 90 ft of raw sewage to unclog 'flushable ..
17 comments
3 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 Video inside DAMN!! Trans-girl who slept with BUCK just released a diss Track exposi..
4 comments
32 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Pusha Tea exposed as a lying chatty patty.
44 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jabari Parker confidence is dead
40 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside SMH Brittany Renner lowkey exposed Collin Kaepernick for cheating on h..
8 comments
2 hours ago
@misc
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Rule 336
stogz
DontHateDaGreat
PROV
nwo504
FireBeats
Sewer
Lonny Breaux
talkofny2k4
Tribeb
Top 10 most slapped recently
trapclassics
Take Care
baddie
BlackDynamite
hiphop4ever
BrooklynStiles
Heisenberg
Affectz
whodatb1
Gang Sht

most viewed right now
online now  41
Image(s) inside The wall
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  37
Former president of iran quotes tupac to troll the united states on twitter
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  23
Cassidy exposed fu-king tr@nnies with wife???
208 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside Pete Davidson sent Mac Miller intimate pictures of Ariana Grande days ..
348 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside Pusha T Plays Recordings of Drake's People Trying to Dig Up Dirt
198 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Article inside Fast & Furious Producer Sues Universal Over Hobbs and Shaw
36 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  7
Article inside R* Co Founder facing backlash after admitting employees worked 100 hr..
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside Eminem's 'Kamikaze' is now the best selling hip-hop album of 2018 (US..
265 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy