CODY's MEGA iPod HELP THREAD! *Any Questions, Ask Them Here*

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-06-2006, 10:39 AM         #21
H3DBUSS4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CodyThaGod said:
Sorry guy, but not everyone wants to spend $40 on something they can get for free.
A crack/serial/key gen can easily be found.
 12 years ago '05        #22
DuzzE 42 heat pts42
space
space
$1,951 | Props total: 19 19
can you get scratches off them lol random question cus i might take my black on back for a white one and it doesnt last but 3 hours and ive had it since christmas...
 01-06-2006, 07:14 PM         #23
pc75 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
does anyone know anything about anapod? ive heard its a good program, just lookin for input, thanks
 12 years ago '05        #24
MidNiteBlues 32 heat pts32
space
space
$7,644 | Props total: 3575 3575
i wanna ask about usb compatibility. i wanna get a video ipod but my computer doesnt support 2.0 usb, will the ipod be compatibile with just the normal usb hub?
 12 years ago '05        #25
Woah 
space
space
space
$250 | Props total: 0 0
 CodyThaGod said:
First, I know alot of people have questions about Putting videos onto your 5th gen.

D/L this program

Its everything you need to convert videos for your ipod. You may need to change the Profile settings for the videos though. Here are my favorites.

Music Video - Mp4 CBR / 384 kbps / 320 X 240 / audio - 128 kbps

Movie/ TV Show - Mp4 CBR / 384 kbps / 320 X 180 / audio - 96 kbps
yes!.. finally a good video convertor for ipod... ive tried like 3 other programs that needed serials n sh*t and they aint work cause the audio wasnt insyc with video but this one is freeware and its perfect with the audio and video... good looks
 12 years ago '04        #26
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
$347 | Props total: 74 74
 DuzzE said:
can you get scratches off them lol random question cus i might take my black on back for a white one and it doesnt last but 3 hours and ive had it since christmas...
Ha ha, sorry man, its going to get scratched sooner or later. Its just a part of owning any thing that you carry around with you. If youre THAT insistant on taking care of the scratches, read this

It does work, but be VERY careful.
 12 years ago '04        #27
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 pc75 said:
does anyone know anything about anapod? ive heard its a good program, just lookin for input, thanks

I've never used it. I've always been a freeware person myself. Anapod is great if you want to spend the $25 on it. It helps you work with your ipod far better than itune. here is a site for a better explanation .

just scroll down a bit.
 12 years ago '04        #28
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 MidNiteBlues said:
i wanna ask about usb compatibility. i wanna get a video ipod but my computer doesnt support 2.0 usb, will the ipod be compatibile with just the normal usb hub?

Good question. From my own personal experience, Ive realized that you can get away with using a usb 1.0 port with your ipod. File transfers will work fine, but it's definitely slower. The only real problem is that if your Ipod runs out of power, your usb 1.0 doesnt have enough power to bring it back. Therefore, you NEED a wall charger if all you have is a usb 1.0 . There's no way you can charge it correctly if you dont have a 2.0 port, or a wall charger.
 12 years ago '05        #29
Woah 
space
space
space
if u want to protect the ipod just get a case... one of those skin tight cases that cover everything including the screen and scroll wheel... i also saw another thing that claimed to remove scratches on ipods, it cost like 30 dollars but idk if it worked... i wuld just get a case for it because the case will protect from scratches... if u jus hold it no cover or anything it gets scratches and all so easily.
 12 years ago '05        #30
MidNiteBlues 32 heat pts32
space
space
$7,644 | Props total: 3575 3575
 CodyThaGod said:
Good question. From my own personal experience, Ive realized that you can get away with using a usb 1.0 port with your ipod. File transfers will work fine, but it's definitely slower. The only real problem is that if your Ipod runs out of power, your usb 1.0 doesnt have enough power to bring it back. Therefore, you NEED a wall charger if all you have is a usb 1.0 . There's no way you can charge it correctly if you dont have a 2.0 port, or a wall charger.
thanks for the info. but one more question exactly how slower is the speed from 2.0 usb? can u give me an example of how long it would take to transfer a file like 100 mb through normal usb connection?
 12 years ago '04        #31
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 MidNiteBlues said:
thanks for the info. but one more question exactly how slower is the speed from 2.0 usb? can u give me an example of how long it would take to transfer a file like 100 mb through normal usb connection?
There's no problem with file transfers on a usb 1.0 port. None at all. I used one for all of my previous ipods lives. 100 mb takes about a minute and a half. No time at all really. The 2.0 port is still the best though, 100 mb takes about 15 seconds there. I only broke down and used the 2.0 when i transfered the songs from my 4th gen to my 5th gen video. 20 gigs took about 40 minutes to take from my ipod, and 40 minutes to place on the new 5th gen. I can only imagine how long that would take with a 1.0 port. Aslong as you're not tranferinng 5 gigs at a time, every day, you will be fine with that 1.0 port. Just be sure to buy a wall charger.
 12 years ago '05        #32
Woah 
space
space
space
i need a dvd ripper specifically to convert to ipod videos nothing else... can u hook me up with a dvd to ipod video ripper... i tried xillsoft and it doesnt convert to ipod cuz its not the right one and thats the only one ive tried... good looks if u hook it up ight. 1
 12 years ago '04        #33
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
You said you had the alpine adapter...I was thiking about getting the black 60 gig video ipod...and i was wondering if it works with the alpine adapter?
 12 years ago '04        #34
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 GetOnMahLevel said:
You said you had the alpine adapter...I was thiking about getting the black 60 gig video ipod...and i was wondering if it works with the alpine adapter?

Yep. I had to make sure of that. I have the CVA-1004 screen and the Kca-420i Ipod adapter. It works great. You can even watch your videos through the standard A/V jacks. Since I have a screen, It displays about 5 artists / playlists/ albums/ or songs at a time. The problem with the regular decks, is that it only displays one at a time, and supposedly it takes a long time to scroll. I can give you tons of advice on this if you decide to go with it, because I've done quite a bit of research.

Woah said:
i need a dvd ripper specifically to convert to ipod videos nothing else... can u hook me up with a dvd to ipod video ripper... i tried xillsoft and it doesnt convert to ipod cuz its not the right one and thats the only one ive tried... good looks if u hook it up ight. 1

Check your pm's
 01-07-2006, 09:15 PM         #35
DGtheGreat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CodyThaGod said:
If the audio is still off, and you are using Videora, go to settings. choose profiles, and type this in the custom ffmpeg flags space - "-async 1" (no quotes). That should solve it for you.
I would like to thank you for this sole tip. this sh*t has been bugging me for the longest and this actually fixed the sound being off track with the video.

Props man.
 01-08-2006, 01:07 AM         #36
Cedarblock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey man i have a 5G 60GB Black Video Ipod and Although i have already used this everything in this forum in the past, it would have been helpful to have this in teh first place, would have saved me countless hours of searching for stuff online....so i will reward your time with PROPS...have a good one man...PROPPS
 12 years ago '05        #37
SeanP3688 1 heat pts
space
space
$793 | Props total: 41 41
why wont the artwork show on the albums when i drag the artwork on it on iTunes...?????????
 12 years ago '05        #38
Woah 
space
space
space
yo... im pretty sure i jus saw the space go from 21.95 GB to 21.9 GB when i just added artwork to the mp3s... this is really suppose to happen??? cause i didnt know that artwork would take up 50 megs.. help me out lol.. your always the one i come to for ipod help good looks.

No need to reply back to this question anymore

Last edited by Woah; 01-08-2006 at 03:06 PM..
 12 years ago '05        #39
Woah 
space
space
space
damn everytime i add the album art to the tracks it takes like 40 mb away... thats mad fu*kin space when you add it up... is there any way i can make it so that it doesnt take that much space away when i add album art??

haha i removed album art for one album and saved 40 mb

you dont need to answer this question anymore ight... good looks tho.1

Last edited by Woah; 01-08-2006 at 03:06 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #40
The-Ripper 
space
space
$1,793 | Props total: 1 1
 SeanP3688 said:
why wont the artwork show on the albums when i drag the artwork on it on iTunes...?????????
YO i got the same question man...
I get an error sayin some bullsh*t like

itunes:itunes.exe-corrupt file

The file or directory\iPod_control\artwork\Fl028_1\Ithmb
is corrupt and unreadable
please run the CHKDSK utility

Someone help me out please...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy