CODY's MEGA iPod HELP THREAD! *Any Questions, Ask Them Here*

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
194 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #1
9497 pageviews
151 comments

CodyThaGod 
space
space
$347 | Props total: 74 74
CODY's MEGA iPod HELP THREAD! *Any Questions, Ask Them Here*

Okay, it seems alot of people are having trouble with their new iPods that christmas has brought them. So I guess I'll play the role of offering my own personal knowledge for every one with questions. I myself have a Black 60 gig 5th gen, and a 30 gig photo 4th gen. I bought a 2 gig nano, but I gave that away as a christmas present. Ive had a few others, but theyre all sold now.

Alright, Im taking all questions.

*Anyone that props me in this thread will be propped back*

Last edited by CodyThaGod; 02-14-2006 at 02:03 PM..

151 comments for "CODY's MEGA iPod HELP THREAD! *Any Questions, Ask Them Here*"

12 years ago '04        #2
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
First, I know alot of people have questions about Putting videos onto your 5th gen.

D/L this program

Its everything you need to convert videos for your ipod. You may need to change the Profile settings for the videos though. Here are my favorites.

Music Video - Mp4 CBR / 384 kbps / 320 X 240 / audio - 128 kbps

Movie/ TV Show - Mp4 CBR / 384 kbps / 320 X 180 / audio - 96 kbps
 12 years ago '04        #3
SinatraOfMyDay 
space
space
space
$142 | Props total: 0 0
I've been looking at the best device to buy to be able to play music through my ipod video in the car. Later on I'll probably just get a whole new stereo with the ipod adapter, but I need a quick fix in the mean time. Have you had any good or bad experiences with certain devices? A few years ago I had one of those that played your cd player through a radio station, but that use to eat up so many damn batteries. Got any particular device you know of that works best? I checked out the belkin and monster ones, but I'm trying to figure out which would be best. Let me know what you think man...
 01-03-2006, 08:54 PM         #4
MagikDragon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
YO, i got a question,

sometimes i cant turn off my ipod, (5th Gen 60 gig), i gotta hold down play and then do it again and again till it turns off,......have u had this problem?
 12 years ago '04        #5
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 SinatraOfMyDay said:
I've been looking at the best device to buy to be able to play music through my ipod video in the car. Later on I'll probably just get a whole new stereo with the ipod adapter, but I need a quick fix in the mean time. Have you had any good or bad experiences with certain devices? A few years ago I had one of those that played your cd player through a radio station, but that use to eat up so many damn batteries. Got any particular device you know of that works best? I checked out the belkin and monster ones, but I'm trying to figure out which would be best. Let me know what you think man...

Yeah, definitely. When I didnt have my alpine adapter, i used my itrip. alot of people dont like it, but I loved it. You just have to know how to use it right. Mostly keep it set to 87.9 and keep the volume at around 70% and you should be set. My old 30 gig photo would last for about 6 or 7 hours off of one charge with the itrip. And if you're worried about battery life, just get a car charger. Or pick up one of those 3 in one devices thats an FM transmitter, Ipod Holder, and Car Charger all in one.
 12 years ago '04        #6
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 MagikDragon said:
YO, i got a question,

sometimes i cant turn off my ipod, (5th Gen 60 gig), i gotta hold down play and then do it again and again till it turns off,......have u had this problem?

Its all how you press it. If you even slightly rub your finger on the touchweel before trying to power off, it wont do it. Try going to the main menu before turning it off. Truthfully, i never turn mine off. I always just pause the music and let it sit. It turns itself off after about a minute or 2.
 12 years ago '04        #7
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
*How To Put Photo's On Your iPod*

To put photos on the ipod, you have to make a specific folder with just pictures for your ipod. The Ipod automatically syncs with the folder, and there is no other way.

1. Create a folder.
2. Put in all photos you want on the ipod
3. Go to 'Prefrences' in itunes. Select Ipod. Click on the Photo's Option and
choose the folder you just created.

Every time you connect your Ipod, it will put whatever photos you have in that folder on to your ipod.
 01-05-2006, 04:27 AM         #8
P.Zoo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can U Put Videos On Tha Ipod Nano?...and Does Anyone Got A Wma To Mp3 Converter?
 12 years ago '04        #9
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
There is not an official way to put videos on a nano, but i know there is a linux os you can install that allows crude video. its not worth it though. and on converting wma to mp3, all you need is a program that reads them both. I know Itunes converts them if you put them in your playlists. If you have a program like Audition, open the file and choose "Save As". Pick mp3, and thats it.
 01-05-2006, 07:35 PM         #10
SPITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how come some of the movies i put on my ipod the audio is delayed
how do i fix it?
 01-05-2006, 09:50 PM         #11
Twista740 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
(30g video ipod)

does it come wit a charger?

wats the most easiest program to put songs in the ipod?

how do u delete songs off the ipod?
 01-05-2006, 10:03 PM         #12
InfamousTurbo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props already answered my question
 12 years ago '05        #13
Infamous Blaze 
space
space
$363 | Props total: 0 0
i got the ipod video and the battery gets drained really fast
i played a 7 min video and it used almost half the battery
is this normal?
 01-05-2006, 10:45 PM         #14
hitmeup07 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea im with him
i watched an episode of family guy and my battery was gone down to red from it
wussup wit that
 01-06-2006, 12:55 AM         #15
H3DBUSS4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SPITE said:
how do i fix it?
B/C you are using that gay a.ss Videora program which is just horrible.... You want PQ DVD to iPod Video Converter :applause:
 12 years ago '04        #16
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 SPITE said:
how do i fix it?
Well, there are a few ways to fix it. First and foremost, when you're encoding videos into mp4, STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. it takes alot of steady ram to encode, and messong around with FireFox or whatever program will just cause it to hiccup. If the audio is still off, and you are using Videora, go to settings. choose profiles, and type this in the custom ffmpeg flags space - "-async 1" (no quotes). That should solve it for you.

l33t h3dbuss4r d00d said:
B/C you are using that gay a.ss Videora program which is just horrible.... You want PQ DVD to iPod Video Converter
Sorry guy, but not everyone wants to spend $40 on something they can get for free.
 12 years ago '04        #17
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 Twista740 said:
(30g video ipod)

does it come wit a charger?

wats the most easiest program to put songs in the ipod?

how do u delete songs off the ipod?
If you're talking about a wall charger, then no. 1st - 4th gens came with wall chargers, but they stopped with the video 5th gen. I still have my old charger, so im not to worried, but i would reccomend a wall charger to anyone who doesnt have it. Its not necesarry, but its better than leaving it pugged into your computer all day.

I've always used Itunes. Never had a problem with it. There are all sorts of programs though. If you dont like itunes, im sure you'll find an alternative.

Whatever program you used to put them on, just right click on the song and choose delete.
 12 years ago '04        #18
CodyThaGod  OP
space
space
 Infamous Blaze said:
i got the ipod video and the battery gets drained really fast
i played a 7 min video and it used almost half the battery
is this normal?

Do you have the 30 or 60 gig? Do you leave the backlight on all the time? The backlight is a BIG factor on battery usage. If you used it for 10 minutes, then you cant accurately tell how much energy you have left. let the backlight go off, and let the ipod sit for a few seconds. the battery should balance it self out. My 60 gig lasts for about 5 hours playing videos, but the battery always fluctuates from full to half way when im using the backlight. Check out this site and see if it helps.

Last edited by CodyThaGod; 01-06-2006 at 02:47 AM..
 12 years ago '06        #19
Dr. Oc 
space
space
$723 | Props total: 0 0
props for the conversion program man
 01-06-2006, 04:20 AM         #20
SPITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont use that videora i use IMTOO ipod converter
it makes sum of the videos delayd
its pissin me off
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
289 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago