Dec 27 - 8 Reasons Why You SHOULDNT Join The Military

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
151 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
196 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-28-2005, 10:22 AM         #41
seeyoubreezn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The 20 year old me would have said real talk and all that, but the current me would say if you think this country and it's military are so bad, then move to a country where you are safe and secure, and nothing bad ever happens. The reason you can talk these things is because you're here (USA). Until they re-instate the draft, joining up is a free decision. And remember another freedom is your freedom of speech that you probably wouldn't have if you lived in another, more revolutionary country.
 12-28-2005, 10:30 AM         #42
sammac24  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WOW!!!! I'm in the Army and i dont always agree with every decision that is made by the military but some of those so-called facts you wrote are just plain "DUMB AS HELL", man first off nobody orders me around 24 hours a day i think you been watching FULL METAL JACKET too much, i go to work at 9 and get off at 5 like any other job. I know people that get out of the miliatry all the time and now they are making 2 and 3 times what they made in the military. It's all about what you do with the skills you learned while you were in. If you put that you have been in the military on your resume please believe that is a positive not a negative. The school thing is kind of true you are busy but how is that different from a civilian who has to work 2 jobs in order to pay for their full time schooling. The people who said that are just to lazy to out forht the effort to do it or they just dont want to do it right now. Teh not being able to quit part is true but it is voluntary so that's your fault you do get choice's when you join you dont have to take any job you dont want. as far as the "dehuminazing process) of basic training spoken like someone who only heard about what it was like it but hasn't been through it. Basic training is not what you see in the movies yeah there's some yelling but damn it's not like they gonna do anything to you. It's all a mind game if you are weak minded you will break if not it's nothing. Like i said i dont agree with everything the military says cause you're right you can be punished for saying that your gay but you know that before hand so either keep your mouth shut or don't join, it's simple. Let me end this by saying that i understand why people don't want to join now sh*t...i dont want to go to war either, but dont just down the military with BS excuses.

OTE=life.is.a.bi*ch]WARNING: Joining the Military Is Hazardous

Military recruiters tour the country selling a dangerous product with glamorous ads, just like tobacco companies or drug pushers. The ads promise opportunity and adventure -- but don't believe the hype.

1. Joining the military is hazardous to your education.

The military isn't a generous financial aid institution, and it isn't concerned with helping you pay for school. Two-thirds of all recruits never get any college funding from the military. Only 15% graduated with a four-year degree.

What about going to school while you're in? Many GIs report that military life leaves them too busy and exhausted -- and doesn't really make time for them to go to class.

2. Joining the military is hazardous to your future.

Joining the military is a dead end. After you've spent a few years in the military, you're 2 to 5 times more likely to be homeless than your friends who never joined. And, according to the VA, you'll probably earn less too. The skills you learn in the military will be geared to military jobs, not civilian careers; when you come out, many employers will tell you to go back to school and get some real training. As former Secretary of Defense Cheney declared, "The reason to have a military is to be prepared to f!ght and win wars...it's not a jobs program."

3. Joining the military is hazardous to people of color.

During the Gulf War, over 50 percent of front-line troops were people of color. Overall, over 30 percent of enlisted personnel but only 12 percent of officers are people of color, who are then disciplined and discharged under other than honorable conditions at a much higher rate than whites. When recent studies showed a slight dip in young African-Americans' (disproportionately high) interest in the military, the Pentagon reacted with a new ad campaign. They're targeting Latino youth with special Spanish-language ads. The recruiters' lethal result: tracking high achieving young people in communities of color into a dead-end, deadly occupation.

4. Joining the military is hazardous to women.

s3xual harassment and a.ssault are a daily reality for the overwhelming majority of women in the armed forces. The VA's own figures show 90 percent of recent women veterans reporting harassment - a third of whom were r*ped. Despite the glossy brochures that advertise "opportunities for women," the military's inherent s3xism is evident from sergeants shouting "girl!" at trainees who don't "measure up," to the intimidation of women who speak out about harassment and discrimination - not to mention military men's s3xual abuse of civilian women in base communities.

5. Joining the military is hazardous to your civil rights.

If you aren't willing to give up your rights, the military isn't for you. Once you enlist, you become military property: you lose your right to come and go freely, you're ordered around 24 hours a day, and you can be punished by your command without trial or jury. Free speech rights are severely limited in the military. You can be punished for being honest about being lesbian, gay or bis3xual. Worst of all even if you hate your job, you can't quit.

6. Joining the military is hazardous to your health.

The military can't guarantee you'll be alive at the end of your eight-year commitment: they can't even promise you won't be desperately ill from "mystery illnesses" like those of the Vietnam and Persian Gulf wars. Whether it's atomic testing in the 1950s, Agent Orange during the war against Vietnam, or experimental vaccines and toxic weapons in the Persian Gulf, the military shamelessly destroys the health of its personnel -- and then does its best to downplay and ignore their suffering.

7. Joining the military is hazardous to the environment.

The US military is the single largest and worst polluter in the world, from toxins at bases to nuclear-tipped missiles to the destruction of ecosystems from South Vietnam to the Persian Gulf. And in today's military, the tanks and weapons are coated with depleted uranium from toxic nuclear waste!

8. Joining the military is hazardous to our lives.

The "adventure" in the commercials is code for war, the "discipline" code for violence. The military trains recruits to employ deadly force, yet recruiters rarely discuss the dehumanizing process of basic training, the psychological costs of k!lling, or the horrors of war.

The ads lie because the product is lethal -- not just to you, but to all of us.

For more information contact or write:

Central Committee for Conscientious Objectors:

630 20th Street #302,
Oakland, CA 94612
510-465-1617
Fax 510 465-2459

or

1515 Cherry Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-563-8787
Fax 215-567-2096

Source[CODE]http://www.guerrillafunk.com/thoughts/doc612a0.html[/CODE][/QUOTE]
 12 years ago '05        #43
yujiro1982 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,769 | Props total: 12 12
put this sh*t in the classics as the most contraversal debate in the news forum

:wow:
 12-28-2005, 11:02 AM         #44
Cartel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TonyRich82 said:
LOL @ HALF OF THESE PUSSIES POSTING FROM THE "AIR FORCE"...I have...or...HAD...two cousins in the Air Force and more than jus' them had told me that the AIR FORCE was the easiest Military force their is. Go joint the Navy, The Army, or The Marines and come here with that "I got a good job, paid for college and my life hasn't changed" Bullsh*t...ya'll joined the EASIEST CORE there is. Ya'll n*ggaz watch towers, patrol sanctions and go to school, hahahahaha!
sh*t im in da front line with the airforce .. combat convoy operations . gun trucks .. thru every city over there gettin shot at avoidin uxo's pipe bombs etcc in the road ... we work hand to hand wit the army and marines when deployed.. now the navy is the real pus*ys .. they just str8 up gay .. yea the airforce does ahve alot of easy career fields but not all .. we have alot of desk jobs . but most of them are with civilians now .. the diff between airforce and army is af takes better care of its people .. bottom line .. we do pt liek army deploy like them .. state side yea my job is easy but im only state side 4- 6 months of the year
 12 years ago '04        #45
jaynat603 
space
space
$424 | Props total: 188 188
[QUOTE=Diyo]I cannot argue with u about New Orleans becaue you where ther and i wasnt, and that was a side point neways. My main argument was reffering to how the USA never goes into other countries just to help, there has to be an ulterior motive, any sort of helping may be a by-product but they usually leave more mayhem behind. (Yes korea is an exception)
QUOTE]

Dyio Man Let me tell you [/B]HOMEBOY'S NOT FROM NEW ORLEANS[/B] because a lot of people went against thier superiors to save lives that was from there and damn near got discharged and lost ranks for it. secondly when the army came there before I left there was a bunch of Kids that haven't seen blacks before that was trigger happy. THERE WAS NO HELP FOR THE FIRST 3 DAYS ONCE YALL WERE ALREADY THERE AND YOU ARE PROUD TO SAY THAT YOU HELPED?? :finger: dunno who's worse army or the police I guess what they say is true the army/military brainwashes people real good thinking they did a good job

Last edited by jaynat603; 12-28-2005 at 11:23 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #46
Myworld82 
space
space
$2,584 | Props total: 108 108
 Cartel said:
even if she been in 26 years she not breakin 10 k a month ... trust me i know this im in the airforce .. jus to shut you up .. heres a link to the pay chart
and if anyone should hate there afsc it would be me and those in it .. 2t171 vehicle operator .. also known in iarq as tactical combat convoy operator / convoy security were the ones gettin shot at .. ones in the most danger over there .. were in the middle of it all state side its cake tho dont get me wrong .. but where only home maybe 4 months of the year
Ok, since you wanna break down my mom's pay scale...I use your little chart against you. My mom has been in over 24 years...let's go to the chart shall we: 8,174.10 a month. Multiply that by 12. you get 98,089.20. That's almost it right there. But wait, you didn't read all of my post. My mom is full-time GUARD. That means she gets paid on a active duty scale, plus she gets paid for the first weekend out of the month. She makes 20,000 before taxes on that alone. 98,000 + 20,000 = 118,000. 6 figures. Put that in your brain.

And wanna say the air force is easy, tell that to the guys in my profession(aircraft loadmaster) that fly on C-130's right over Iraqi airspace dropping supplies for the army and marines, and risking getting hit by manpads. The ones from Kelly Air Reserve Base who died on a C-5 that wasn't fit to fly, but risked their lives anyway for you guys. Don't give me that bullsh*t about Air Force is easy, and the guard people get activated before active duty does!!!

Last edited by Myworld82; 12-28-2005 at 11:26 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #47
Young_City414 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 16 16
as someone who was in the military, i can say that most of that sh*t is true. i'd only recommend the military to someone that isn't doing anything with their life. i got out and i'm very glad i did. if you wan't a college degree, its much easier to just work and go to school. get student loans if you need to, you'll be better off
 12 years ago '04        #48
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,668 | Props total: 6792 6792
 Skilllz said:
"Over 50 percent of front-line troops were people of color."

I believe that.
itz 2005 u dumb a..., u really think itz like that now????

no comment @ tha rest of tha BS...but believe whate eva u wanna, donn't feel like rejectin all tha BS in tha 1st post, too lazy 2 type right now ...out
 12 years ago '04        #49
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,734 | Props total: 6436 6436
let me see, i've been in the navy for a year, do i like it, YEA, do i plan on re-enlisting, YEA, but only for ashore duty, luckily for my rate, SK, gettin a billet for shore duty 4yrs from now shouldn't be too hard and since im good at what i do, it helps even more..as of now though, im on a trident submarine, and its been an up and down thing, when ur in-port, life is great, out to sea, well that could be the worst 2months of ur life, lol...but u learn to love it, eventually...its an experience thats well worth it, even if things dont go ur way, at least in the end, u can say u had the chance to serve your country
 12 years ago '05        #50
MlLkMan 
space
space
$4,246 | Props total: 40 40
sounds like they are ANTI-WAR protestors.
 12 years ago '04        #51
DJNocturnal 
space
space
$486 | Props total: 0 0
why don't all you people hating on us military folks go join up with the taliban. all the people on here bad mouthing the military have no idea what they are talking about. and for those who were bad mouthing what the air force does...go fu*k yourself, i keep million dollar planes flying...what the hell do you do?
someone should delete this thread it's not even news.
 12-28-2005, 03:20 PM         #52
rdl  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Diyo said:
As i say, they only help when they are helping themselves.

you act like something is wrong about helping yourself?
sh*t thats called....LIFE

The majority of ppl help when it benefits them in some way, shape, or form

You think Bono would help if it didnt make him "feel good" ?

come on now

and communism has done ALOT for Vietnam...what a joke
I know ppl from South Vietnam and they were happy America
was defending them from the North

Look at Central America...perfect example...Coasta Rica excepted democracy a long time ago and the ppl there live a much better quality of life than the ppl in neighboring countries...I have friend from Venezula and he tells me how much the average "working" citizen is hurting under Chavez and his communist ways...more ppl are living in proverty now than before..but hey they can all read and write now...soon he'll tell them what they can read and write...sad
 12-28-2005, 03:24 PM         #53
rdl  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJNocturnal said:
i keep million dollar planes flying...what the hell do you do?
Most of them puff weed all day and sit in front of the computer reading conspiracy theories and think they KNOW whats going on and everyone else is in the matrix :)

or they busy being "gangsta" and spittin 50 lyrics while
pointed guns at themsleves in the mirror...they hardcore

u aint know?
 12-28-2005, 03:38 PM         #54
rdl  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 life.is.a.bi*ch said:
Thats the problem wit people in US , they are so deep in the sh*t they cant come close to a change in the system
I cant understand ppl like u who dont see the world is an UGLY place and was that way long before the big bad superpower called the USA
World Wars existed BEFORE the US...Places like Africa and the Middle East, and parts of Asia,etc etc...the ppl are hurting because of their corrupt dictatorships who give very little if anything back to the ppl who are living in proverty that most Americans have never and will never know! Remember the poorest here still live better than in other countries, but thats our fault
even though rich countries give billions to poorer countries..its still never enough
 12 years ago '05        #55
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,428 | Props total: 1371 1371
 Diyo said:
I cannot argue with u about New Orleans becaue you where ther and i wasnt, and that was a side point neways. My main argument was reffering to how the USA never goes into other countries just to help, there has to be an ulterior motive, any sort of helping may be a by-product but they usually leave more mayhem behind. (Yes korea is an exception)

But lets look at this vietnam thing.

LMFAO so what exactly they do? Lest see, they went in under the guise of f!ghting communism (some paranoia propelled by the dominoe theory), they spent lots of money, some of which to fu*k up their own soldiers (agent orange) they destroyed whole rainforrests (somemore helping there) which are just barren pieces of land today, k!lled a number civillians while trying to f!ght that evil communism, then when they saw they were in too deep, retreated and left the region in turmoil, then after that 1 million south vietnamese get k!lled. Man, thats some help right there, well done congrats.

They didnt even achieve anything. And dont act like they went in there to help the south vietnamese, they just went in there to f!ght communism, if it had just been a war between the south and the north, no paranoia about communism taking asia, the USA would have never even gone in. As i say, they only help when they are helping themselves.

Truest sh*t!!

F**k f!ghting wars and it's supporters. The U.S. only care about a war if their is a strategetical-economic gain behind it.
 12-28-2005, 04:33 PM         #56
TWO515TY  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This article is too biased... if we wanted to know the real deal, it would be better to get information straight from the soldiers' themselves, not from a source that is obviously against the military.
 12 years ago '04        #57
smiles 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,290 | Props total: 58 58
honestly the artcile is copletely biased and utterly useless with regards to any actual information or statistics but it's no worse than what the recruiters spew on a daily basis
 12 years ago '04        #58
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
fu*k the military.....till you need them right??
 12-28-2005, 06:28 PM         #59
Doc Strange  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most people will never appreciate the military, or understand that the moves that the U.S. has made and will continue to make ensure that we remain the premier superpower in the United States.

Think about this thread, and what goes into it.

1. You are able to post opinions without censorship. This is not possible in Communist Korea, which stays in check due to our military (for a short while, at least.)
2. You have electricity in which to connect to the internet. Try doing this in in parts of Russia in which rebel factions and a corrupt government dictate who receives electric power.
3. You have money for a computer, which is not possible for most in Columbia. Thanks to the FARC, which the Columbian government cannot control, valuables are taken at will and cannot be stopped.

Your mom drives a SUV due to our control over the world's oil procurement. You rock nice jeans that are only affordable due to the U.S. goverment's policy that ensures China's currency is artificially held down. The list is endless.

The military isn't for everyone. We do what most cannot and even more won't. It's the government you should be worried about, if anything.

"Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"- George Orwell
 12-28-2005, 06:59 PM         #60
burton316  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
To all of the Men and Women on this board that are in the Military I am proud of you and your fellow troops. People like you gave America the right to Freedom. Most people on this board don't realize how fortunate we as Americans are that we have the right to Vote and say pretty much everything we want to say. If you don't like the president, it's okay. Yell out loud fu*k the President if you want. You will not be arrested or charged with any crime. Not all countries are like that. I watched a clip of some soldiers in Iraq and one our soldiers was arguing with an Iraqi. The Iraqi was expressing himself to fullest. The soldier told him that the only reason he was able to speak like that was because the US Military gave him that Freedom. Some of you people on this board need to think about what it would be like if your Freedom was taken from you and also think about if you never had Freedom and it was given to you. I believe the Military is helping people. Oh Yeah, Iraqi's don't have to worry about Uday Hussein anymore. Men can get married to their wives without Uday and his boys coming by and picking up the bride and having their way with her after they get married. Uday was a fu*ked up dude.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
174 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
58 comments
1 day ago