Dec 27 - 8 Reasons Why You SHOULDNT Join The Military

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '05        #21
G_M_D 
space
space
$1,678 | Props total: 24 24
Real Talk nuff said-
 12-27-2005, 09:28 PM         #22
rdl  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Diyo said:
The US millitary has never gone to "help" other countries unless the USA had something to gain from it.
nevereva?...eva?...eva?

Diyo said:
Then you talk about New Orleans, bullsh*t man, look at that sh*t and see what New Orleans disintegrated into because the millitary wasnt even there.
Uh I'm from New Orleans and the military WAS definately there..
once they got there they were EVERYWHERE!
and again the FACT is the military DID SAVE over 30,000+ ppl
(some by helicopers, and some by boats)

And the Vietnam comment...another FACT for u:Over 1 million South Vietnamese were slaughtered by the North AFTER America pulled out
but I guess we were there for nothing...one million South Vietnamese
lives...who cares right?
 12 years ago '04        #23
Myworld82 
space
space
$2,586 | Props total: 110 110
Point of this is this sh*t is totally one sided. I signed up for the air national guard 3 years ago. When I signed up for aircraft loadmaster, this is how I got paid:

20,000 in school loan repayment(still got 11,000 to use)
8,000 in cash
GI Bill(if you are full time in school, for me that's 675 a month, tax free bi*ches)
Flight pay on Active Duty
When I was active duty, making 3,000 a month after taxes, per diem, and flight pay, only really workin half the month, at 21 years old!!!

To put this in total perspective, I can go pull a day at the guard base tomorrow, do nothing, and make 100 for the day after taxes. And I'll stay there for about 3 HOURS. I work at circuit city too, and it would take 10 hours to make what I make there. Flew a 5 day trip in october, was in Kuwait for 4 hours, and I ended up makin about 1000 after taxes, hostile fire pay, and per diem. I have never been in an hosile fire area for more than a couple of hours, I've been to Germany, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Japan, Korea, Spain, Italy, Guam, Hawaii, Alaska in the matter of a year. More places than most of you will go in your lifetime. Military has been good to me, and that's coming out the mouth of a BLACK MAN.
 12 years ago '04        #24
Myworld82 
space
space
$2,586 | Props total: 110 110
To put in in more perspective, my mom stuck through, became an officer, and now she's a full bird Colonel. She makes 6 figures, easy. Owns a house in Memphis and Nashville. Bout to open a coffee shop with her own money. Not trying to brag, just trying to show you guys that all people in the military don't end up hating it. And it can be VERY beneficial.
 12-28-2005, 12:17 AM         #25
SlickR  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Myworld82 said:
To put in in more perspective, my mom stuck through, became an officer, and now she's a full bird Colonel. She makes 6 figures, easy. Owns a house in Memphis and Nashville. Bout to open a coffee shop with her own money. Not trying to brag, just trying to show you guys that all people in the military don't end up hating it. And it can be VERY beneficial.
A lot of the people who complain havent even been in the Army. It seems like those in the army say its better than those who arent. And Id rather take the word from someone who IS in the army
 12-28-2005, 12:21 AM         #26
Cartel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Myworld82 said:
4 star generals barely break 10 grand a month ... so i dont see ya mom a col bring home 6 figures easily .. she might own 2 houses n the coffe shop deal but she only bringin in bout 5 or 6 grand a month .. jus goin off top my head with out breakin out my pay scale .. which is still a good chunk of change especially to my e-5 pay lol
 12 years ago '04        #27
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
actually...if he says moms is a full bird...that'd be an O-6...correct? which by the 2005 pay chart brings home no less than 4,900 each pay check...and that's for 1st year...and by him saying that moms stuck it out and became an officer...i highly doubt that she's in her first year of being an O-6...therefore it's very possible for his mom to bring home over 10k a month...

anyways...just joined the Air Force today...well for the most part anyway...i find out when i leave tomorrow...

oh yea...this post is bullsh*t...every person i've talked that's in the Air Force pretty much loves it...if they dont like it...it's because of their AFSC(job)...i just wish people would stop being brainwashed by other people and actually go find information on their own...the military is not a bad thing at all...i've been around it my whole life...pops did 20 in the Navy...i've had many friends and family members join and they've either retired or are still in...

with that being said...dont listen to what other people say about the military and please go get the information yourself...or at least talk to someone who is or has been in the military...

damn it's 2am...and i have to work at 7...goodnite...
 12-28-2005, 01:06 AM         #28
krazykayaker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Someones gotta do it, I got respect for someone who is willing to risk their life for the country I live in, That doesn't mean we should start the draft again tho.
 12 years ago '04        #29
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,046 | Props total: 6781 6781
him in the miitary and just about all of that is true
 12-28-2005, 03:23 AM         #30
Diyo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rdl said:
nevereva?...eva?...eva?

Uh I'm from New Orleans and the military WAS definately there..
once they got there they were EVERYWHERE!
and again the FACT is the military DID SAVE over 30,000+ ppl
(some by helicopers, and some by boats)

I cannot argue with u about New Orleans becaue you where ther and i wasnt, and that was a side point neways. My main argument was reffering to how the USA never goes into other countries just to help, there has to be an ulterior motive, any sort of helping may be a by-product but they usually leave more mayhem behind. (Yes korea is an exception)

But lets look at this vietnam thing.

rdl said:
And the Vietnam comment...another FACT for u:Over 1 million South Vietnamese were slaughtered by the North AFTER America pulled out
but I guess we were there for nothing...one million South Vietnamese
lives...who cares right
LMFAO so what exactly they do? Lest see, they went in under the guise of f!ghting communism (some paranoia propelled by the dominoe theory), they spent lots of money, some of which to fu*k up their own soldiers (agent orange) they destroyed whole rainforrests (somemore helping there) which are just barren pieces of land today, k!lled a number civillians while trying to f!ght that evil communism, then when they saw they were in too deep, retreated and left the region in turmoil, then after that 1 million south vietnamese get k!lled. Man, thats some help right there, well done congrats.

They didnt even achieve anything. And dont act like they went in there to help the south vietnamese, they just went in there to f!ght communism, if it had just been a war between the south and the north, no paranoia about communism taking asia, the USA would have never even gone in. As i say, they only help when they are helping themselves.
 12 years ago '05        #31
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,380 | Props total: 485 485
 krazykayaker said:
Someones gotta do it, I got respect for someone who is willing to risk their life for the country I live in, That doesn't mean we should start the draft again tho.
true^^^......

All my friends wit to da service......And I heard da air force was cool.....And thats it.....Like the army and Marines......Most of them got a lil rank i supose, so they aitn really trippin.....But thats for them tho.....If the shoe fit wear it...thats wut i was told.....And I told them, that the services shoe doesnt fit me...lol....But thats how I feel.....I aint downin it...But I damn sure aint Condonin it or sayin its cool to go to the service righ now eithier......
 12-28-2005, 04:12 AM         #32
life.is.a.bitch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
offcourse u get something out of being in the USmilitary , otherwise you wouldnt have the government you have today , regular people in US have so many financial ties wit the military complex, it has become a industry since the 2nd worldwar, its way of boosting the home economy and too avoid depressions like the one in 1920s, it gives job oppurtunities which gives people money. And as long as people get money they are happy, no matter the cicumstances. People dont give a damn if they contributed to 100 peoples death all over the world through their work, as long as they making a livin out of it they ok . Thats the problem wit people in US , they are so deep in the sh*t they cant come close to a change in the system, and if they trie evantually the system end up changing them.
Do u think during the vietnam war, soldiers , made money like they do today , well noo. since the military was obligatory back then , the heads behind it didnt see a reason to pay you since it wasnt an option for you to join the military, which is one of the reasons US lost the war . But today its different since you dont have compulsory military service, the government dont have to fear to face the same resistance by the US public as during vietnam war. Beacause from a legal point of view they not forcing anybody to join the military even though their propaganda says somthing different.

fo those people how dont acknowledge that US military doin dirt, a can name a few on top of my head , guatemala , nicaragua , chile , hiroshima , nagasaki. I fu*kin cant understand the history books not highlighting US using atomic bombs during second world war, while we ve been feed wit the holecaust since age seven.

Last edited by life.is.a.bitch; 12-28-2005 at 04:15 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #33
Mully805 
space
space
space
$1,243 | Props total: 10 10
Whatever, I think that thread is a bunch of bullsh*t! I got nothing but love for the military, and respect for the troops!
 12-28-2005, 08:34 AM         #34
TonyRich82  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL @ HALF OF THESE PUSSIES POSTING FROM THE "AIR FORCE"...I have...or...HAD...two cousins in the Air Force and more than jus' them had told me that the AIR FORCE was the easiest Military force their is. Go joint the Navy, The Army, or The Marines and come here with that "I got a good job, paid for college and my life hasn't changed" Bullsh*t...ya'll joined the EASIEST CORE there is. Ya'll n*ggaz watch towers, patrol sanctions and go to school, hahahahaha!
 12-28-2005, 08:48 AM         #35
Cartel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GetOnMahLevel said:
actually...if he says moms is a full bird...that'd be an O-6...correct? which by the 2005 pay chart brings home no less than 4,900 each pay check...and that's for 1st year...and by him saying that moms stuck it out and became an officer...i highly doubt that she's in her first year of being an O-6...therefore it's very possible for his mom to bring home over 10k a month...

anyways...just joined the Air Force today...well for the most part anyway...i find out when i leave tomorrow...

oh yea...this post is bullsh*t...every person i've talked that's in the Air Force pretty much loves it...if they dont like it...it's because of their AFSC(job)...i just wish people would stop being brainwashed by other people and actually go find information on their own...the military is not a bad thing at all...i've been around it my whole life...pops did 20 in the Navy...i've had many friends and family members join and they've either retired or are still in...

with that being said...dont listen to what other people say about the military and please go get the information yourself...or at least talk to someone who is or has been in the military...

damn it's 2am...and i have to work at 7...goodnite...

even if she been in 26 years she not breakin 10 k a month ... trust me i know this im in the airforce .. jus to shut you up .. heres a link to the pay chart
and if anyone should hate there afsc it would be me and those in it .. 2t171 vehicle operator .. also known in iarq as tactical combat convoy operator / convoy security were the ones gettin shot at .. ones in the most danger over there .. were in the middle of it all state side its cake tho dont get me wrong .. but where only home maybe 4 months of the year

Last edited by Cartel; 12-28-2005 at 08:50 AM..
 12-28-2005, 09:07 AM         #36
Spanish  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Diyo said:
Man you're the idiot

The US millitary has never gone to "help" other countries unless the USA had something to gain from it. And some of that "Help" is questionable, they sure helped Iraq didnt they, they sure helped Afghanistan didnt they? (However they didnt forget to "help" themselves to a pipeline through Afghanistan into the Caspian sea to get some oil) Oh and who could forget how they helped out in Vietnam.

Then you talk about New Orleans, bullsh*t man, look at that sh*t and see what New Orleans disintegrated into because the millitary wasnt even there since they are away in Iraq k!lling more people for oil. Oh wait I mean "helping".

You are the ignorant one if you actually believe that the USA army is out there doing good. As for whether it can help you as an individual if you join, listen to the people in this thread who've been in it, they are right, and yes that article exagerates in some parts, though the millitary is still fu*ked up.
Nice to know you only fu*k with twisted facts-That pipeline your talkin about was started during Clintons term before we ever went to Afghanistan-and what is your solution to getting oil then if your against getting it from over there? bcause we need oil-thats a fact for ya. with no oil any kind of production of even something as simple as plastic is impossible. its not like its being stolen -WE PAY FOR IT. and this thread is utter bullsh*t. if you were to look at the list of dead from the front lines-you could clearly see that therre are clearly more white dead soldiers then dead "soldiers of color"-fu*k all the nay sayers and idiotic "know-it-alls" they know nothing. I was just with a friend that was home from Iraq 2 days ago-he's about to be a captain in a week.And He told me he loves to shut people like you up. He is THERE -IN THE sh*t.those of you that have not been there and have not seen what is goin on over there-you have no reason to criticize-you cant say sh*t your not there.you cant criticize that which you cant see-which you cant comprehend-or what you brainiacs "think" is goin on.
Then there are those that were in the armed forces and didnt have a good experience-it makes me wonder.What did you make of yourself while in uniform? I understand everyone cant be happy all the time but I wont always blame the government if I dont have a good job or some sh*t like that-sometimes it aint up to nobody but yourself.-but please clarify yourself-if you arent in agreement with your leadership-then constructively criticize them and debate your positions.-but I dont like generalizing -saying that the military doesnt help people.That is just straight bullsh*t and pure hate for the true bravery of the men and women that PUT THEIR LIVES IN HARMS WAY FOR YOU-ungrateful pukes...i'm so sick of this sh*t.:sick: :finger: fu*k YOU...thanks-I feel better now.:D
 12 years ago '05        #37
njpdiddy 
space
space
$79 | Props total: 3 3
This thread has to be one of the worst ever. The person who comprised this list has either never been in the military or got a dishonorable discharge. I am a 24-year-old black Marine. I have been in the Marine Corps since I was 18 and there are a few things I learned. The military gives you enough opportunity to become whatever you desire, but people lack the motivation to take advantage of those opportunities. I have had plenty of time to get a degree, but have not done due to MY OWN decisions. Before I joined the military I didn't think anything outside of NJ and NY existed, but I have been so many places and seen so many things I would have never seen in my hood. For me the military works for now it is only the first step to where I want to be. It has kept me out of the hood and helped me not add any further statistics to the crime rate in NJ.
 12 years ago '05        #38
irish2nd 
space
space
space
$255 | Props total: 22 22
 TonyRich82 said:
LOL @ HALF OF THESE PUSSIES POSTING FROM THE "AIR FORCE"...I have...or...HAD...two cousins in the Air Force and more than jus' them had told me that the AIR FORCE was the easiest Military force their is. Go joint the Navy, The Army, or The Marines and come here with that "I got a good job, paid for college and my life hasn't changed" Bullsh*t...ya'll joined the EASIEST CORE there is. Ya'll n*ggaz watch towers, patrol sanctions and go to school, hahahahaha!

Let's hear about your "military experiences".Why talk sh*t when you've never even lived it? I'm prior Air Force and yes,basic training is not as long as others and maybe less stressful,but it's nowhere near a cakewalk as you make it seem.As far as watching towers and all that,every branch pretty much has the same jobs,amd every branch has special forces(Navy SEALS,Army Green Beret & Rangers,Air Force Pararescue & Combat Comtroller,Marine Recon etc.) Every branch has the same jobs like,cooks,MP's,loadmasters,medics,etc.....The Air Force does has it's advantages over other branches,but one disadvantage they have is it takes longer to make rank.It usually takes someone in the Air Force 3 years to make E-4,when the other branches make it in less time.
 12-28-2005, 10:00 AM         #39
bdboy04  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Those Of U Who Are In The Armed Forces Etc..... Thanks For Puttin Your Life On The Line My Heart Goes Out To You Guys But I Sorry To Say This Yall f!ghting A Never Ending War And Hell Yeah The Military Pay Because They Have To Entice You Wooo You Then Pardon F-uk You The Cons Out Weight The Pros On One Hand I Am f!ghting For My Country On The Other Hand My Goverment Is Getting A Chunk Of Change Off Oil Ummmmm Something Dont Add Up But Be Careful On The Battlefeild And For Those Dudes Who Thing They Real Gangsta's Man Take Ya a.ss To Iraq And f!ght If U Survive Than U A Gangsta You Fool Thats My Opinion Dont Hate Me Thank U
 12 years ago '04        #40
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,481 | Props total: 6642 6642
 TonyRich82 said:

Uhmmm actually ALL branches of the service
"Watch Towers,patrol sanctions and go to school"

You obviously know nothing about the Airforce or you wouldn't have even bothered typing that
All branches serve a purpose

Im in the Navy.I see you put that down also on your list to join...now can YOU tell me what the Navy does? Most people usually can't

For that matter can you even tell me what is the purpose of the Marines or the Army?And by purpose I mean there function...what is there role...but you probably don't even have a clue.

And to the thread starter your 8 reasons not to join is bullsh*t
hahaha...Hell anybody that's in 1 year can give you 8 reasons better than those lame a.ss "i don't read in between the lines" numbers and triflin opinions you posted.
You should come harder than that next time...also why didn't post this in the "Armed Forces" thread in the knowledge section?

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 12-28-2005 at 10:08 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy