Dec 27 - 8 Reasons Why You SHOULDNT Join The Military

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-27-2005, 04:24 PM         #1
18113 pageviews
273 comments

life.is.a.bitch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dec 27 - 8 Reasons Why You SHOULDNT Join The Military

WARNING: Joining the Military Is Hazardous

[pic - click to view]

www.objector.org

Military recruiters tour the country selling a dangerous product with glamorous ads, just like tobacco companies or drug pushers. The ads promise opportunity and adventure -- but don't believe the hype.

1. Joining the military is hazardous to your education.

The military isn't a generous financial aid institution, and it isn't concerned with helping you pay for school. Two-thirds of all recruits never get any college funding from the military. Only 15% graduated with a four-year degree.

What about going to school while you're in? Many GIs report that military life leaves them too busy and exhausted -- and doesn't really make time for them to go to class.

2. Joining the military is hazardous to your future.

Joining the military is a dead end. After you've spent a few years in the military, you're 2 to 5 times more likely to be homeless than your friends who never joined. And, according to the VA, you'll probably earn less too. The skills you learn in the military will be geared to military jobs, not civilian careers; when you come out, many employers will tell you to go back to school and get some real training. As former Secretary of Defense Cheney declared, "The reason to have a military is to be prepared to f!ght and win wars...it's not a jobs program."

3. Joining the military is hazardous to people of color.

During the Gulf War, over 50 percent of front-line troops were people of color. Overall, over 30 percent of enlisted personnel but only 12 percent of officers are people of color, who are then disciplined and discharged under other than honorable conditions at a much higher rate than whites. When recent studies showed a slight dip in young African-Americans' (disproportionately high) interest in the military, the Pentagon reacted with a new ad campaign. They're targeting Latino youth with special Spanish-language ads. The recruiters' lethal result: tracking high achieving young people in communities of color into a dead-end, deadly occupation.

4. Joining the military is hazardous to women.

s3xual harassment and a.ssault are a daily reality for the overwhelming majority of women in the armed forces. The VA's own figures show 90 percent of recent women veterans reporting harassment - a third of whom were r*ped. Despite the glossy brochures that advertise "opportunities for women," the military's inherent s3xism is evident from sergeants shouting "girl!" at trainees who don't "measure up," to the intimidation of women who speak out about harassment and discrimination - not to mention military men's s3xual abuse of civilian women in base communities.

5. Joining the military is hazardous to your civil rights.

If you aren't willing to give up your rights, the military isn't for you. Once you enlist, you become military property: you lose your right to come and go freely, you're ordered around 24 hours a day, and you can be punished by your command without trial or jury. Free speech rights are severely limited in the military. You can be punished for being honest about being lesbian, gay or bis3xual. Worst of all even if you hate your job, you can't quit.

6. Joining the military is hazardous to your health.

The military can't guarantee you'll be alive at the end of your eight-year commitment: they can't even promise you won't be desperately ill from "mystery illnesses" like those of the Vietnam and Persian Gulf wars. Whether it's atomic testing in the 1950s, Agent Orange during the war against Vietnam, or experimental vaccines and toxic weapons in the Persian Gulf, the military shamelessly destroys the health of its personnel -- and then does its best to downplay and ignore their suffering.

7. Joining the military is hazardous to the environment.

The US military is the single largest and worst polluter in the world, from toxins at bases to nuclear-tipped missiles to the destruction of ecosystems from South Vietnam to the Persian Gulf. And in today's military, the tanks and weapons are coated with depleted uranium from toxic nuclear waste!

8. Joining the military is hazardous to our lives.

The "adventure" in the commercials is code for war, the "discipline" code for violence. The military trains recruits to employ deadly force, yet recruiters rarely discuss the dehumanizing process of basic training, the psychological costs of k!lling, or the horrors of war.

The ads lie because the product is lethal -- not just to you, but to all of us.

For more information contact or write:

Central Committee for Conscientious Objectors:

630 20th Street #302,
Oakland, CA 94612
510-465-1617
Fax 510 465-2459

or

1515 Cherry Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-563-8787
Fax 215-567-2096

Source[CODE]http://www.guerrillafunk.com/thoughts/doc612a0.html[/CODE]

273 comments for "Dec 27 - 8 Reasons Why You SHOULDNT Join The Military"

12-27-2005, 04:36 PM         #2
youngTRACE817  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props given for real mufu*kin talk.
 12 years ago '04        #3
freeb100 
space
space
$1,455 | Props total: 0 0
sounds like bullsh*t to me
 12-27-2005, 04:50 PM         #4
topcontender  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that's a given
 12 years ago '04        #5
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,522 | Props total: 6208 6208
like we needed u(and who u got it from) to tell us that
 12-27-2005, 06:34 PM         #6
rdl  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What if no one joined the military?

Our military might be at war now but the US military
also HELPS other countries all over the world

I'm proud of the men and women in our military
and would never think they were any less intelligent
than the next person because they chose to join

"Joining the military is hazardous to our lives"

bullsh*t, the military helped SAVE 30,000+ lives
off rooftops in New Orleans

ppl like you who thought this info was something worth posting
are more hazardous than the military
Ignorance is disease, and u my friend are an IDIOT!
 12-27-2005, 06:40 PM         #7
space alien  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k the military
 12 years ago '05        #8
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,211 | Props total: 15756 15756
This topic is complete utter bullsh*t....i was in the army for 4yrs, got out and landed a pretty good job working for the federal government(I left the job, so thats why i don't have it anymore)Re-joined the Airforce and plan on getting out again and landed another good job. Plus it all depends on what service you join, not all branches are hazardous to your health.

Again stop spreading bullsh*t, unless you actually lived it and seen it for yourself. Especially from some wack a.ss site named guerrillafunk

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 12-27-2005 at 06:48 PM..
default28 gave props

12-27-2005, 06:46 PM         #9
Skripchure  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rdl said:

And that's real.
 12 years ago '04        #10
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,259 | Props total: 1418 1418
"Over 50 percent of front-line troops were people of color."

I believe that.
 12-27-2005, 06:49 PM         #11
Cartel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im in the airforce this here is bull fu*kin sh*t 40 grand gi billl with chance to add on to it .. 100 % tuition a.ssistance .. upon grad of tech school n basic trainin u already have minium 15 credit hours to put toward a a.ssociates degree hazardous to my future my a.ss .. i had sh*t b4 military now i have something to work wit as far as my future goes especially for my family .. mena sh*t i got a 400, 000 $$ life insurance policy so if something happen to me there set str8 pollution ?/ bull sh*t we recycle 100 % no chemicals used on job what so ever hell we cant even use armorol unless where in the wash pit this post all over is bull sh*t .. as a member of the military i dont aperciate this kind of disrespect .. especilly when im out there doing tatical combat convoy operations risjin my lives n this is the type of support we recive back home so u can get a big fu*k you
 12 years ago '05        #12
irish2nd 
space
space
space
$255 | Props total: 22 22
I served in the Air Force from 98-2000 and some things on the list are true,but it depends on what training you get while you're in the military.For example,if your military job is Security Police,then they only civilian jobs you are qualified for are security or law enforcement jobs,ie. armored guards,police.Don't expect to come out the military making $30,000 a year,wont happen,unless you have connections.As for going to school while you're in the military,forget it.I tried and with my work schedule,I was unable to attend classes.But now that I'm out,the GI Bill is VERY generous...$35,000 for college...
 12 years ago '04        #13
DJNocturnal 
space
space
$486 | Props total: 0 0
i'm in the air force and just finished getting my a.ssociates degree, the only thing i paid for were books.
If it weren't for military bases there would not be enough jobs for people in the communities that surround the bases. why do you think so many people are f!ghting for bases to stay open in the U.S. it would absolutely ruin some states and cities.
As far as life after the military goes, its what you make of it, my dad who served 22 years in the Air Force now works at a major airport making triple what he made in the military plus he gets a fat retirement check every month.
Wherever you got this info fromis complete crap.
 12 years ago '05        #14
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,432 | Props total: 1371 1371
I agree with the threadstarter. F**K f!ghting for America. Especially black males should not be willing to partake in that activity. I hear plenty of injustice stories about people that have came back from the military. F**k the military.
 12 years ago '04        #15
IMUSTBEAPIMP 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$392 | Props total: 0 0
so so true
 12-27-2005, 07:55 PM         #16
mossyflossy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the military is definately not for me, i'm coo doing what i do
 12-27-2005, 07:58 PM         #17
holla55  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3. Joining the military is hazardous to people of color.

what a dousche they have black ppl in the military hahaha everyone ignore this dumbass
 12 years ago '05        #18
g0tt1 211 heat pts211
space
space
$8,986 | Props total: 1260 1260
The only reason u need to know is that the government doesnt give a sh*t about you.
 12-27-2005, 08:03 PM         #19
durdysoufpleya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
very well done sir.
 12-27-2005, 08:43 PM         #20
Diyo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rdl said:

Man you're the idiot

The US millitary has never gone to "help" other countries unless the USA had something to gain from it. And some of that "Help" is questionable, they sure helped Iraq didnt they, they sure helped Afghanistan didnt they? (However they didnt forget to "help" themselves to a pipeline through Afghanistan into the Caspian sea to get some oil) Oh and who could forget how they helped out in Vietnam.

Then you talk about New Orleans, bullsh*t man, look at that sh*t and see what New Orleans disintegrated into because the millitary wasnt even there since they are away in Iraq k!lling more people for oil. Oh wait I mean "helping".

You are the ignorant one if you actually believe that the USA army is out there doing good. As for whether it can help you as an individual if you join, listen to the people in this thread who've been in it, they are right, and yes that article exagerates in some parts, though the millitary is still fu*ked up.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago