:Why not bestbuy:

most viewed right now
Video inside The Game - Pest Control (Official Music Video)
224 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sep 26 - POLL OF POLLS: The people say Trump won it easily
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Taxstone on twitter begging for a beatdown from Game
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hov x Gucci
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Was this helpful?
Yes 12 70.59%
No 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #1
17591 pageviews
60 comments

Tozzi 
space
space
$534 | Props total: 0 0
:Why not bestbuy:

I posted this in a reply to someone, but I thought it would be helpful to anyone thinkin of goin to bestbuy. I can only talk car audio wise, but there is no bullsh*t in here, and not too much opinion.

1. They jack up their prices soooooo much, its all profit, and a local audio shop will have much better prices, know how, and experience then some part time guy at best buy. (My friend is 17, works in car audio, and he knows NOTHING)
2. Their installers are certified, in some locations do good work (I have heard horror stories though, such as a persons sh*t wont shut off after shutting off they car and removing the key.)
3.For products, they have more sh*t then quality stuff, for instance they dont sell pioneer premier, pioneers competetion level stuff, they also dont sell many great subwoofer brands, such as JL.
4. And like i said before with rippin you off with prices, its true, 100%. I have friends that work at a local best buy, and they get wholesale prices on car audio, for example, lets say a 600-700 sick cd player is around 100 and change for an employee, they make ridicilous profit on their stock. They all say the same thing when I ask them for a deal on somethin in the store, "i can get you car audio WICKED cheap, but everythin else maybe 20% if that off."
5. Also accessories such as harnesses, dash kits are of lesser quality than a car audio shop, (most car audio shops use Metra brand harnesses, but best buy has a different brand and its like 5-10 bucks more expensive, and of lesser quality )

6.They sell sh*t brands (car audio wise) like dual (their stuff is absolute sh*t, but they have stupid lights on all their sh*t that make them look nice) Sony (they make good home audio stuff, car audio they arent that great) and ghost will say rockford fosgate, but I think out of all the "sh*t" they sell at bestbuy, this is prolly the best you can go with, for subs there, but thats my opinion, (only ones ive ever heard are the "punch" ones, which is fosgates "competetion" level subs) I think their subs are pretty good if your not tryna compete and stuff.

7. If you think ghost or myself just have a personal with best buy, we dont. All the things I stated about huge pricing, lesser quality harnesses and dash kits, poor sellers, and in some locations bad installation are true. If you ever have friends that work at bestbuy, theyll tell you the same thing. (If they kno anythin about car audio)

If you didnt notice the poll, just gimme a vote if you found it helpful or not

Edit: I closed this thread on 1/17 - if you have any questions or anythin about best buy just pm me

Last edited by Tozzi; 01-17-2005 at 02:01 PM..

60 comments for ":Why not bestbuy:"

07-25-2004, 11:52 PM         #2
ElMeRoCoChInErO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well i checked prices at circuit city and crutchfield for the same product and compared to best buy and they all are the same. im not defending them but but they are not jackin up their prices, they are just selling them at the msrp just like everyone else. and im sure a local audio shop will have the same prices xcept they probably wouldnt sell the low end stuff best buy does.

Last edited by ElMeRoCoChInErO; 07-25-2004 at 11:53 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #3
Tozzi 
space
space
That is true, but on certain things, prices are much more than a car audio shop, 2 examples would be the wiring harnesses which are of lesser quality and 5-10 more bucks, and also a wiring kit, with 4 gauge wire (power and ground), odds and ends, rcas, and remote line) is 69.99ish, local car audio shop, 30...Clearly I know what you mean though, but all im sayin is that I think some aspects that they make a lotttt of profit on certain sh*t

Last edited by Tozzi; 07-26-2004 at 09:13 PM..
 07-26-2004, 09:38 PM         #4
bigpimpin69 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
none of them know what they are doing or care. when they wire things they run the power cable, rcas, and remote wire on the same side. im sure many of you have heard rumors that this will cuase a fire. it is possible if the lines have cracks in the housing or things like that. but even if all the wires are in perfect condition running them all together fu*ks with the frequency and gives you bad sound from your subs or any rear speakers you have on an amp.
 07-26-2004, 11:55 PM         #5
ElMeRoCoChInErO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
once again they are selling them at msrp. best buy sells fosgate wire kits, u check anywhere else for the same kit (brand model #...) and i bet u its the same price. its all in the name. if u buy the exact same kit, gauge, length, etc, etc.. from stinger it will probably be bout $20 more. i can go to the local flee market and buy the "same" kit for less than 50% as the best buy kit. but of course u get wat u pay for. also please explain wat u mean when u say their wire harnesses are lesser quality. compared to wat brand, and wat makes them lesser quality.

Last edited by ElMeRoCoChInErO; 07-26-2004 at 11:57 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #6
QbanLinxx 
space
space
$1,017 | Props total: 20 20
homeboy is right bout best buy jacking up there prices, but not as much as he said liek getting a 600 dollar radio for a 1bucks. Its more like the discount the employees get is wholesale plus 5%. that equals to a lil over half price. i just got a pioneer 7600 and i payed 170 for it, and its 300 in the store, i also paid, 180 something i believe fior a fosgate 500.2, regualr price was 350 i believe or soemwhere round there.
 07-27-2004, 09:33 PM         #7
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok 1st off, the quality of equipment is sh*ty
2nd the quality of worksmanship is crap
3rd their knowledge in sales is 0
4th they're overpriced for the quality of equipment, example, a rockford 4 g wring kit is like $150, and my local audio shop they have 4g stinger kits for under $100, and stinger is MUCH better
5th the brands suck
one
GhosT
 12 years ago '04        #8
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 0 0
i used to work at best buy, and i agree with your completely...the first part about the people who work there, they know nothing...they just hire people and a.ssume they know stuff about car audio/whatever...i was gonna get a system there due to the employees being the only ones who actually get good prices, but they had absolutely NOTHING there of quality, so i had to order sh*t off crutchfield.......

just my 2 cents
 12 years ago '04        #9
Tozzi 
space
space
ElMeRoCoChInErO you just keep talkin sh*t, like you should be modin this forum or somethin, i made the post to let people know whats up with bestbuy

GhosT said:
ok 1st off, the quality of equipment is sh*ty
2nd the quality of worksmanship is crap
3rd their knowledge in sales is 0
4th they're overpriced for the quality of equipment, example, a rockford 4 g wring kit is like $150, and my local audio shop they have 4g stinger kits for under $100, and stinger is MUCH better
5th the brands suck
one
GhosT
thats exactly what im tryin to say, but i explained it more, what are you the GM for bestbuy or somethin

and to answer your question, I was told by the guy that owns the local shop that they are of lesser quality (the wiring harnesses, no reason told to me) but the reason the dash kits are lesser quality is because the ones sold by tweeter and local audio shops are re-enforced with some type of steel inside, rather than being all plastic, but yet costing more at bestbuy for a sh*ttier product.

this sh*t wasnt meant to be disputed, all the sh*t im sayin was true, maybe a couple things i could have wrote a different way to make them easier to understand, but basically overall, you get a much better deal and product at your local car audio shop rather than best buy, case closed

Last edited by Tozzi; 07-27-2004 at 11:04 PM..
 07-27-2004, 11:28 PM         #10
Durrby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Best buy sucks thread from another board:
 07-27-2004, 11:48 PM         #11
ElMeRoCoChInErO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first of all dont get mad, be happy.
second i never said i was tryin to be a mod, this is a forum where u come and voice ur opinion and if u dont like someone elses opinion ignore it or tell them why u dont feel their opinion is correct.
third like i said before im not defending best buy cause they do suck, but there comes a point where if u start saying things that arent true, someone needs to prove to u ur wrong(overpricing "all" car audio equipment). because ur first post, like u said, is easily misread because u didnt word it right.
last thanks for answering my question because to tell u the truth i didnt know some audio shops used steel to reinforce the mounting kit
 07-28-2004, 05:34 AM         #12
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ldogg310 said:
on ur # 2 reason why not bestbuy........thats because they have a compassitor(sp?)....and thats what compassitors do
what the hell r u talkin about, nobody said anything about capacitors
one
GhosT
 12 years ago '04        #13
Tozzi 
space
space
If you mean the persons sh*t stayed on cause of the cap (or capaciator) thats not true, a capacator stores power, but when installed properly clearly does not keep your amps on when the car is shut off. The reason (probably) the persons sh*t didnt shut off is because they failed to connect a remote line properly
 07-28-2004, 06:24 PM         #14
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tozzi said:
If you mean the persons sh*t stayed on cause of the cap (or capaciator) thats not true, a capacator stores power, but when installed properly clearly does not keep your amps on when the car is shut off. The reason (probably) the persons sh*t didnt shut off is because they failed to connect a remote line properly
he didn't really clarify what he was talkin about, but if thats what he means he's VERY wrong, caps do nothin to keep anything on, it just prevents power surges, and keeps a continuous voltage goin to the amp, it doesn't not send power to ANYTHING else, therefor it would have NO affect on whether the radio keeps playin after the car is off and key is out
one
GhosT
 12 years ago '04        #15
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,283 | Props total: 93 93
Well i know the installs that they do are sh*tting as for i use to work for them in the Wireless phone Department... (Go figure). BUT i quit.. after using my discount to but about 4 pairs of HE2 for like 50 buxs a peice... and a few alarms for 75 buck ( the ones that was like 300)

THe discount is nice we get like 50% off what we charged even though its over priced.

BUt they wouldnt promote me so BOunced...
 12 years ago '04        #16
Tozzi 
space
space
hahaa yeah, my friend who works there bounces from department to department, but he doesnt know much bout anything hes selling, its so funny, i seen him sellin something once, and all he was doing was reading the info right off the item, and the person thought he was so helpful and smart bout it
 12 years ago '04        #17
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 0 0
 Tozzi said:
hahaa yeah, my friend who works there bounces from department to department, but he doesnt know much bout anything hes selling, its so funny, i seen him sellin something once, and all he was doing was reading the info right off the item, and the person thought he was so helpful and smart bout it
thats basically what always goes on
 12 years ago '04        #18
Sabotage 8 heat pts
space
space
$17,234 | Props total: 21 21
 Tozzi said:
haha its always fun to go in there and fu*k with the workers
 08-03-2004, 04:07 AM         #19
ThaSandman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I work there and at my store the people that work in car-fi are smart except for this one old dude that don't know sh*t, but they got a bunch of younger guys that work there and know their sh*t and the guys thats install in back are good and do a good job at least at my store. I know in the past we had some sh*tty installers and a few sales men sucked a.ss, but no matter where you go they aint gonna know everything about the products and sh*t like that. It just depends on what store you go to. We don't offer the highest quality sh*t I think everyone knows that. They make money a profit off of their stuff just like any business does it don't matter what they pay for it thats like any store.
 12 years ago '04        #20
Counterfeit215 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,883 | Props total: 2 2
Um maybe ur best buy...but u check out all of the BB's in the usa?

mine has certified mechanics...who kno wut there doing and sh*t...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx One gotta go for good
89 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
77 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
135 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Minnesota Vikings Defense - It's time to take notice (Video)
37 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Grand Theft Auto: Vice City w/ Ultra 4K Graphic Card Mod
19 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey has some choice words for Stevie Smith Sr.
156 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans really got paws put on him smh
86 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy