Hip Hop facts and events most ya'll don't know about

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Games manager wack 100 says the beef is still on and also Rick Ross ha..
most viewed right now
Video inside Convicted Murderer Can't Wait to Do His Time, Tells Judge to WRAP IT UP!
most viewed right now
Video inside Lupe's Wondering Why Kid Cudi wants the fade with Drake but not him
most viewed right now
NBA Andre Iguodala on LeBron James's Finals block

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-14-2005, 12:03 AM         #1021
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotBoycmr87 said:
dead a.ss serious, i know cuz i know the n*gga who really did make hennesy and hydro. they stick 2 the same style for they own stuff, but listen 2 diamond in the back, sounds nothing like they albums
 12-14-2005, 12:17 AM         #1022
$n/a | Props total:  
 ArmaniMark said:
100% True Facts:

I live about 10 minutes from EMinem. his house is Sick, he bought it off former K Mart CEO. I can give you his address if you don't believe me.

Eminem used to work at a Blimpie's (not sure if 100% true but heard from many)

Kid Rock started out as a local rapper in Detroit

Kid Rock use to break dance, one of my high school teachers took a class he tought WAY before he was famous.

Eminem grew up in Warren, not Detroit, he lived North of 8 mile.

Royce 5'9" is from Oak Park

Obie Trice tried to buy my girlfriend a drink at the bar , she shut him down so he then went for her friend. He has a thing for arabic girls I guess

I stayed in the same hotel as LL Cool J when i had a bball tournament in Sheriville Ilndiana. He was on tour with Dru Hill. I was in the gym working out and LL was there and so was the newest guy from Dru Hill (he's from the last album). LL Cool J worked out while his body guard watched out for him. LL also worked out in clear sunglasses. LL was stuck up like hell but that guy from Dru Hill (I forget his name for the life of me) was the nicest motherfu*ker I met! Also LL is pretty tall, i'm 6'4" and he's probally around my height, but I don't think he's much of a thug from the impression I got.

True Facts
 12-14-2005, 01:29 AM         #1023
$n/a | Props total:  
 Big_War_4_DVC said:
this dude has a song out wit Eminem right now, its kinda hot too...

i don't think Joe did it, but, the reason was cuz after pun died, cuban fu*ked wit joe or pun's wife, i heard he actually beat...

Suge KNEW that was gonna be a classic song...

get laughed at i guess...

DAMN, thats gotta suck, but i guess it all worked out for the best, they still work together and they're both rich...

no no no, there's two versions to that song, the first version has canibus making a reference to LL's mic tat in his verse saying he'll borrow the mic off his arm and use it... LL didn't like that and ordered him to change it, and released a totally diff track with canibus spittin somethin else... but i guess outta retaliation, LL decided to write almost his whole damn verse about canibus... and thats the version we hear to this day... "you don't wanna borrow that, you wanna idolize/ and you don't wanna make me mad n*gga, you wanna socialize..." -LL

its cuz of the whole Haitian Jack situation...

truth hurts...

damn, thats gotta suck!!!

Canibus changed his verse immediately and LL still went at him, they talk about it in I think Beef II. LL Cool J is a bi*ch for that one.
 12-14-2005, 02:56 AM         #1024
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJT said:
Snoop was in all red, and that was ironic because he's a crip.

That's because he was in prison uniform, and that's an orange jumpsuit not red
 12-14-2005, 03:00 AM         #1025
$n/a | Props total:  
 hustlehard365 said:
couple of months ago was listenin to wendy william this dude that dated lil kim said that jay-z released songs about being part of the hiphop masons and devil worshiping...widely known rumor is he is part of hiphop mason thats y in the song dead presidents he used the sample im out for presidents to represent me..president on the currency are mason read btween the lines...he also says its a secret society all we ask is trust... heres the lyrics to the song the d'evils

[Verse One]
This sh*t is wicked on these mean streets
None of my friends speak
We're all trying to win, but then again
Maybe it's for the best though, cause when they're seeing too much
You know they're trying to get you touched
Whoever said illegal was the easy way out couldn't understand the mechanics
And the workings of the underworld, granted
Nine to five is how to survive, I ain't trying to survive
I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot
Life ills, poison my body
I used to say 'fu*k mic skills'
And never prayed to God, I prayed to Gotti
That's right it's wicked, that's life I live it
Ain't asking for forgiveness for my sins, ends
I break bread with the late heads, picking their brains for angles on
all the evils that the game'll do
It gets dangerous, money and power is changing us
And now we're lethal, infected with D'Evils...

[Verse Two]
We used to f!ght for building blocks
Now we f!ght for blocks with buildings that make a k!lling
The closest of friends when we first started
But grew apart as the money grew, and soon grew black-hearted
Thinkin back when we first learned to use rubbers
He never learned so in turn I'm kidnappin his baby's mother
My hand around her collar, feeding her cheese
She said the taste of dollars was sh*tty so I fed her fifties
About his whereabouts I wasn't convinced
So I kept feedin her money 'til her sh*t started to make sense
Who could ever foresee, we used to stay up all night at slumber parties
Now I'm tryin to rock this bi*ch to sleep
All the years we were real close
Now I see his fears through her tears
Know she's wishin we were still close
Don't cry, it is to be
In time, I'll take away your miseries and make 'em mine, D'Evils...

[Verse Three]
My flesh, no n*gga could test
My soul is possessed by D'Evils in the form of diamonds and lexuses
The Exorcist, got me doing skits like Homie
You don't know me, but the whole world owe me - strip!
Was thought to be a pleasant guy all my fu*king life
So now I'm down for whatever, ain't nothing nice
Throughout my junior high years it was all friendly
But now this +Higher Learning+ got the +Remy+ in me
Liquors invaded my kidneys
Got me ready to lick off, mama forgive me
I can't be held accountable, D'Evils beatin me down, boo
Got me runnin with guys, making G's, tellin lies that sound true
Come test me, I never cower
For the love of money, son, I'm giving lead showers
Stop screamin, you know the demon said it's best to die
And even if +Jehovah Witness+, bet he'll never testify, D'Evils...

If you flip/reverse/play backwards the Intro track to Jay-Z's "Grey Album" created by DJ Danger Mouse it says "6-6-6, Murda Murda Jesus"

I don't know if this was Jay-Z's idea, or DJ Danger Mouse Piecing Samples Of Jay-Z's lyrics together but whatever in the f*ck it is that sh*t is f*cked up.

Everybody in this thread Should Go Out And Buy This Movie Called "The Truth Behind Hip-Hop" it's three volumes, that sh*t will trip you the f*ck OUT, it's real deep sh*t!

is the link
 12-14-2005, 03:02 AM         #1026
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplomat said:
did yall know papoose lips stay ashy

[pic - click to view]

and so does Ness From Making The Band II, and Dave Chappelle
 12-14-2005, 03:08 AM         #1027
$n/a | Props total:  
 Veno da Don said:
Bridge Card my friend!!

Also Rock Bottom Ent. is signed to Interscope records

I'm sure you are asking who the fu*k is Rock Bottom Ent. well I will be the first to put you all up on game.

It consist of Rock(C.E.O. not a rapper) Tango, Cash, J Nutty, BlackFace, Screwface, and Thug Division (T-Dot Raines, Flame, Squash, Duke, B-Foy I might be missing someone). They have been a local group here in Detroit since I think 98' and they are the hottest sh*t to ever come out of the city.

Big Herk is a former member of the label but is no longer with them (And he is the hottest n*gga in the city)

But they have a new CD that just came out yesterday (This is the last one without the Interscope Distribution) Check it out in the "Detroit sh*t" thread in the jukebox. Be on some You Hear It First MTV type of sh*t.

And the one dude Flame I battled him in the hallway @ my former high school he has some hot sh*t.

Went to King & Trombly with Flame and seen him get ate up so many times.

Big Herk is hot, but not even close to being the hottest in the D.
 12-14-2005, 03:10 AM         #1028
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmokieMcPot said:
hes not missing the fingers, he has a premature hand. he said it in VIBE.

LMFAO @ Premature Hand
 12-14-2005, 03:11 AM         #1029
$n/a | Props total:  
 Double Deuce said:
You have to have a freestyle battle with eminem to get on shady records

If that was the case I would be the new CEO if you know what I mean.
 12-14-2005, 12:29 PM         #1030
$n/a | Props total:  
 thaawater said:

lol are you aware how much money it cost to release and album?

pressing fee's,beats,promotion,mastering fee's ,engineering fee's,album covers and photo shoots ...the 5 music videos they put out ??

and there are 6 people in the group all spliting a profit at 6 points a piece which eminem dosent even own majors too

I Think you are very wrong there son

he grew up with d 12 and he put them on

a majority of these rappers child hood friends and a.ssociates are long gone because fame could get the best of you.

for such a racist guy you would think he would of broke off all relationships to his BLACK FRIENDS ?? when he became famous

lets be serious

d-12 is no where near a sucess

stop writing your own stories and deal with the fact that the rap game in 2005 is opend doors for all angles all races and all countries.

theres a war in iraq/
and your only concern is do irap?/

4millions times lets say about $10.00 = 40 million

and about 20 million if that is gonna go to the labels for all the promotion, distribution, photo shoots, video's, magazines, radio's and etc. That's if the contracts are right

Eminem is automatically gonna get a 20% of that from being the Exec. Producer, plus his producing and artists fees and royalties, the rest of the group has to split what's left.

Eminem is gonna get paid first and no matter what just because he's the CEO of Shady Records....
 12-14-2005, 12:33 PM         #1031
$n/a | Props total:  
 tmontana171 said:
You n*ggas honestly think deep down eminem hates black people, he put on obie and d12 out of love, hes in RAP MUSIC trailblazed white rappers everywhere (dont even mention vanilla ice or snow)so obviously he aint racist
If Eminem signed a label full of caucasion rappers it would take away from his uniqueness and people would say the other rappers are just clones of him....plus it would not appeal to the majority of the Black Audience
 12-14-2005, 12:41 PM         #1032
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngTRACE817 said:
yea they were shooting a scene that involved a gun and someone took out the blanks and put real bullets.

Bruce Lee was a great martial artists in real life, but also a rude a**hole cocaine addict that fornicated a lot.
 12-14-2005, 06:41 PM         #1033
GP Mami 
$n/a | Props total:  
shyt is very crazy..Yo did anyone heard of this new cat in tha rap game name Sam Scarfo from tha gorilla pimp records that just signed with Jay Z from Def Jam.. His sht is very original....let me kno????
 12-14-2005, 08:42 PM         #1034
$n/a | Props total:  
 Skilllz said:
Don't know if this was posted but, supposedly there was a legendary battle at a Canibus concert. The WU vs Canibus.. Straight acapella freestyle, like them old school ciphers. Canibus ripped all of the wu except GZA & k!llah Priest. Canibus defeated GZA but he didn't OWN him. Now, k!llah Priest freestyled and about 8 minutes into the sh*t, Canibus threw in the towel and k!llah still kept on rapping. There is no audio of this, and supposedly GZA spoke on this in some interview.

This is true, after that Canibus, Redman, and Wu-Tang became good friends and respect each other.
 12-14-2005, 08:50 PM         #1035
$n/a | Props total:  
 aznduffman said:
fact: the first DJ is Kool Herc, a Jamaican and the first rapper is Coke Le Rock, he was white.

The first DJ's did come from Jamaica but the First Rapper Was Not White
 12-14-2005, 08:56 PM         #1036
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Mighty Joe said:
Where styles originated from....

Busta Rhymes

Treacherous 3, Soul Sonic Force

Treacherous 3

Soul Sonic Force

Bone Thugs

MC Globe, Soul Sonic Force

Globe used old swing and scat style jazz riffs, he would scat on a tape and then write rhymes to his scattin

"Planet rock"
" Lookin for the Perfect Beat"
by:Soul Sonic Force

Dmx, Method Man, Ja Rue

J D L from the cold crush 4 mc's

This is'nt a lyrical style, but a style of vocal delivery and cadence that certain mc's have naturally.

"Old Mc tapes from the 70's"
"Fresh, Fly, Wild, Bold"
by: Cold Crush 4 mc's

Rakim, Nas

Rahiem from Grand Master Flash and the Furious 5 mc's

he did it first.

"The Message"
by: Furiuos 5 Mc's

KRS ONE, Public Enemy

Mellie Mel, Furious 5

Mel was always dropin bombs.

"Worls War 3"
"Beat Street"
by: Furious 5 Mc's

Slick Rick

Grand master Caz, La Sunshine

They did'nt create it, but they had two classic story rhymes that were famous back in the days, that eventually lead to a Slick Rick style

"Fat Lady Rhyme"
by: LA Sunshine

"Eyvette rhyme" Wild Style Soundtrack
by: Grand Master Caz

Jurasic 5, Arsonist

Furious 5, Cold Crush 4, Fantastic 5, and all old school crews from the 70's

This was part of the main formatt of every MC show, rutenes, rhymes, and dance as well

"Wild Style Soundtrack"
by: Various crews

"Flash to the Beat"
Grand Master Flash and the Furious 5 Mc's

Kool G Rap, NWA, Just Ice

These east and west coast MC's expressed there thugish ways on wax

"Straight Outta Compton"
by: N.W.A.

"Road to the Riches"
by: Kool G Rap

Luv Bug Starski, Buzy Bee

back in the days these two mc's were the best at crowd pleasing

Pharoe monch

Kool kieth, Sed Gee (Ultra Magnetic mc's)

this boy Kool Kieth said some of the illest and funniest sh&t

"Ultramagnetic MC's"

Kool Moe Dee, T la Rock, Special K

Kool moe Dee was the epitome of intellect.

"Kool Moe Dee"

Big Daddy Kane, Jay Z

Grand master Caz (Cold Crush 4 MC's),
Whiper Whip (Fantastic 5 MC's)

Caz was the coolest on the mic.

Salt & Pepper (the original Whip, and Data rock, NOT THE GIRLS)
Double Trouble (Lil Rodney c, KK Rockwell)

masters of two man rutenes and trading back and forth

"Double Trouble "
Wild Style Soundtrack
What About Jaz-O & The Originators for Fast Rhyming & MC Ren spit a couple of tongue twists on some of N.W.A. old sh*t such as "Just Don't Bite It"
 11 years ago '05        #1037
WarLawk 1 heat pts
$714 | Props total: 11 11
Ghostface fu*ked Mase up so bad, Mase had to get his jaw wired
 12-14-2005, 09:06 PM         #1038
$n/a | Props total:  
 clarence1986 said:
On 'Why You Turn On Me' Pac says he was r*ped

What he actually says is "They Say I Got r*ped In Jail, Picture That/ [Then Laughs] Revenge Is A Payback, bi*ch, Getcha Gat!/"
 12-14-2005, 09:55 PM         #1039
$n/a | Props total:  
 Venom2k2 said:
steady b (boogie down crew) and his rap partner (forgot his name) robbed a bank once their record relations went sour and they were dead broke. durring the bank robbery, his partner in crime accidently shot a female officer, sending steady b and the other dude to 75+ years in prision i think.

going along with that esham beat down story:

bizarre once scraped with esham in detroit, the result was esham had a ruptured eyeball, concusion, and loss of hearing in his left ear.

ras kass accused Alchemist of sellin the same beats more then once

The RZA stole most of his early producing tools (keyboard, etc.)

The same girl who broke RZA's virginity taught him how to play chess.

Masta k!lla started rapping not long before he joined the Wu.

GZA didn't want to be on TRIUMPH after he heard Inspectah Deck's verse (I think it was Inspectah Deck). GZA was so blown away by his verse, that he felt he couldn't touch it all.

Tommy Boy Records took HOUSE OF PAIN over the WU-TANG CLAN

The Sugarhill Gang was originally a boy band.

Kool Keith has spent time in a mental hospital

mobb deep use to be known as poetical prophets and did afrocentric rap.

willie dee from the geto boys knocked out grandmaster melle mel in a bronx boxing tournament.

Bushwick Bill's girl shot him in his head, popping his one eye while she was on some drugs. Bushwick Bill survived and that's the reason why he has that eyepatch.
Bushwick Bill does also live in a trailor and travels around the country.

biggie was suppose to leave LA early to promote in london but decided to stay in LA because he enjoyed the city. he was then murdered.

mr.lif use to be a second grade teacher.

mase was the first rapper to get a million dollar contract.

kool keith and dmx use to collect bugs

krayzie bone is a jehova's witness.

dre didn't like snoop's rapping at first when they met.

krayzie bone is singing "gangsta party" on the track but was uncredited.

canibus is allergic to sea food.

just blaze got into producing to buy video games.

swizz beats was gonna be taught how to produce by irv gotti but irv never got around to it, so swizz learned on his own.

suge knight told jermain dupri to leave in five minutes when they met at a nightclub.

beanie Seagil use to own a hot dog stand.

eminem took young zee and pacewon's verses off amityville because they wouldn't change them.

young zee and rah digga are married and have a child together.

the outsiderz use to let eminem sleep on their floor when he was broke.

kid rock sent a demo to bad boy and nelly sent a demo to rocafella and so so def, both were turned down. the a&rs at roc-a-fella and bad boy were then fired.

mc hammer apparently dissed redman in a track somewhere.

dmx thought biggie was soft seeing biggie act playful in the studio.

twista's first two albums went gold with nearly no promotion.

proof use to be an eminem hype man.

RZA cut up about 7 records to make "Knowledge God" on Raekwon's debut.

Raekwon and Biggie had beef, but it never escalated

Method man used to work at the statue of liberty for $120 a week.

A source artist (pictures and stuff) was going home one day when a black van pulled up (Wu-tang) and Masta k!lla asked if he was somebody and he said yes,then he was punched by masta k!lla and was told

camron use to have IBS (irital bowel syndrome) which causes the person to have uncontrolable bowel movments. durring a preformance of horse & carrige camron **** himself and ran off stage. jimmy kimmel made cracks about it when cam was on the show.

Tupac once heard a group of people were looking for him, so he went home, strapped his a.ss with every gun he had, knocked on their door, and yelled, "YOU LOOKIN' FOR ME?". They respected him for that...

Jay-z info

Jay-Z has one brother and two sisters.

He was raised in the (infamous) Marcy Projects.

He attended the same Brooklyn high school as Biggie Smalls and Busta Rhymes.

Shawn's parents got a divorce when he was 12.

Before blowing up, Jay-Z worked as a cashier at a Kentucky Fried Chicken where he met future collaborator, Memphis Bleek .

Shawn started hustling at the age of 16 to help finance his love of making records.

His first recordings were with underground sensation Big Jaz.

Jay-Z didn't have any substantial success until he did for himself. At the urging of entrepreneur Damon Dash (fiancée to the late Aaliyah), Jay-Z set-up a Roc-A-Fella imprint in 1996 with Dash and Kareem "Biggs" Burke as partners.

cam had a scholarship to go to school for playing basketball.

redman and methodman met at a kriss kross album release party.

scarface was ordered to stop touring after his heart attack but kept doing shows.

in honor of OJ simpson, doris jackson (cube's mom) named cube o'shea jackson so his innitals would be OJ.

dr.dre's name came from julius irving, his favorite basketball player.

missy elliot scored 170 on her IQ test, certified genius.

when ice cube was 16 he was in a group called CIA and dre produced for them.

eazy-e was going to work at the post office if rap did not work for him since he wanted to live legit.

swifty replaced bugz after he died.

redman whooped a sound technican's a.ss when he had technical problems with his tv the technician would not cover.

Big Lurch aka Antron Singleton, rapper from Texas was recently served with life sentence in prison. This is due to the tearing open of 21 year old Tynisha Ysais' chest and eating of her lung, brutally k!lling her her under the influence of PCP. And yes, this is really true!!

Nas recorded his first demo tape in 1989.
Heads started referring to Nas as "nasty" and it became his nickname.

Busta Rhymes called the police when his ex-girlfriend?
came to his crib with a copy of keys and did 2000+ dollars in damage.she also pulled out busta's current girlfriends hair.

Prodigy has sickle cell anemia

Masta k!lla once punched out a reporter for NBC (just before Wu-Tang Forever dropped). The reporter asked him "when is you next album coming out?", and he replied "when you wake up" and knocked them out.

The Gza doesn't do solo performances.

ODB was once arrested for stealing a shoe (not a pair, just one shoe).

Joe Buddens brother pulled a gun on him over a sandwich

I slept with Christina Milian >_>

Soulja Slim was once signed to Cash Money records

If I remember correctly on a s3x skit on Biggy Smalls "Life After death" he was actually in the studio bangin some chick.

The Only Built 4 Cuban Linx title comes from the chains that Rae and Ghost use to rock.

The real name of OB4CL was "Only Built For Cuban Linx Ni**az",

eminem was robbed by someone who cooked an egg in his house and accidently left his coat. the robber came back to get the coat.

nas's full name is Nasir bin olu dara jones

Camron pulled a gun out on his doctors because he kept coming to the hospital and he was never told what was wrong with him (I need to do that one day).

Brotha Lynch always claims to be "half dead" because he was shot in the head, and they can't find the bullet.

During A Tribe Called Quest's peak, they were making a very decent amount of money from record sales, shows and appearences, but Q-Tip still had to sleep on his Mother's living room floor because he had no money after paying agent, manager and lawyer fees.

Necro, and his brother Ill Bill were raised by their Uncle Howie, who would shoot up heroin everynight and pass out in front of them.

It only cost Benefit $27.00 to make his (first and only) album. and he got $5,000 for winning a Napster contest ran by Chuck D.

Cage made his first album "Movies For The Blind" while working at Burger King, high on PCP.

MCA from The Beastie Boys had a fling with Madonna.

Violent J of ICP used to **** his pants quite often during school, then would be eventually chased around campus with his soiled underwear by bullies.

The Common/Ice Cube beef started over one single line in one of Common's songs. The line wasn't even directed towards the west coast negatively. There really was no big beef between the two rappers, which is why the beef simply ended after a sitdown talk.

50 cent put on a restraining order on all of murder inc after he was stabbed in the studio by Black Child.

That's enough for now...got some more saved on my comp, which I'll post tomorrow or later.

Again, same with my first post in here..credits to the guys who gathered such infos, big up!
And props are still appreaciated!

True I read 10% of this from old interviews, and 90% from the Beef Collection
 12-14-2005, 10:19 PM         #1040
$n/a | Props total:  
 stitch said:

Edit : You posted 11 times in a row. :banghead:

I was posting as I read this entire thread, responding to various posts on several pages individually.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside These hoes killing y'all niggas
22 hours ago
most viewed right now
Video inside CARDI B wearing a towel twerking to PHRESHER WAIT A MINUTE then gets on..
21 hours ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I don't use condoms because I pray alot
23 hours ago
most viewed right now
Video inside Leaked Alternate Walking Dead Negan Choice
2 days ago
most viewed right now
Meek Mill - Dreamchasers 4 (DC4) - Anticipation/Discussion (releases tonight)
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Dame Dash spazzin out on Def Jam for having a meeting with Jay-Z without his p..
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Video inside The Next Cloverfield Movie Is called God Particle & I don't get it...
21 hours ago
most viewed right now
Video inside BAKED IN BROOKLYN - Official Trailer - Alexandra Daddario Comedy
2 days ago
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy